Mount Apikuni it's yours to find
· * . *
123 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
After leaving the Plateau behind, he had gone back to hide on the Spire until he gathered up enough courage and energy to depart again.. which did take him some time. He's still mortified by what Cicero expects of him, but at most times, he does still remember it -- even if it took him often repeating the names and place so many times that he can't count it anymore. But, it is marginally hopeful for him that he can do at least that. 

So with a morning of lucky hunting keeping hunger at bay, he sets out again. This time, Inari moves towards the east down what he considers the backend of the Spire and as soon as he seems to open up his stride, a pack claim begins to tickle his nose. This sends him veering north towards a different mountain because he's feeling wholly unprepared for that, and so soon. Once there, Inari sulks around the base of Apikuni, constantly glancing towards the landscape the pack claimed as he does. He tries to pull it together.

But. Cicero. Blackfeather. Information. He shivers involuntarily, and lowers his nose carefully to the ground to study the wolf scents as he edges slightly closer to the pack. Trepidation keeps his paws heavy, so he doesn't really get far, not knowing what kinds of wolves may lurk in these parts.
· .˚
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
The day had bought the youngster to break from the territory and heading down the mountain side. Leo could barely hear his surroundings over the voiced that layer in his head. They had become louder. Stronger. Manipulative. Dangerous. They told him to tear off the layer of innocence. Told him to become more stronger and more confident. He hadn't s clue were this anger and bloodlust had come from. Little did he know his frame of mind was an exact replica of his father's. These voices wanted blood and they were barely containable.

When he saw a stranger before him, he feared for his self control. Vulnerable, they said, tear him away. He growled, half disagreeing with these voices, half agreeing. These voices were a part of him and him alone. It was hard not to comply.

Leo approached the stranger slowly, his steps cautious and unsure. "Hello," he said blankly.
”the voices”
· * . *
123 Posts
Ooc —
lol i saw undertale mentioned in leo's profile and was immediately filled with dread remembering how i still haven't beaten sans in genocide yet ahhhhhhhhhh
He creeps a little closer and tries desperately to remember. Inari knows this is not all he is. He was once so much more than a shriveled lost ghost and at his best of times, he can almost feel how it used to be. If only he could take hold of it again, he wonders if maybe that strength would be enough to return him.

His silvered furs shift and he realizes with a sharp breath in that he is not alone. On the wolf's approach, creamy shades catch his eye and the pack scent he has been focusing on it all the more prevalent now, as well as mixed with this stranger male's personal touch. Inari fans his ears back and adopts a neutral posture in light of the blank word set out in front of him. "Greetings," he says, doing what he can to keep his nervousness at bay, but it shows in him licking his lips. "You are of the pack..?" he asks, hesitance threatening to quiver his words. He knows by scent it is true, but he is pressing gently to learn more -- even if it is only a name to match to the place, or the wolf. He will take what he can get.
· .˚
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Sounds to me that your having a bad time mewhuehue >:3

His body language had not altered at the sound of the snowy stranger's voice. A quizzical look crossed his face when he said the pack. "The?" he repeated. Had this loner been searching for a specific pack? If so, was it Ryūjin he meant, or someplace else?

"Do you mean the pack on the mountain top?" he asked, directing his gaze towards his home.
”the voices”
· * . *
123 Posts
Ooc —
definitely |:
Inari watches carefully, and the question does make him wonder if his wording was confusing.. because he had not meant it to be, but this would not be the first time it had happened anyway. Then, he follows the cream wolf's glance back towards the direction of the pack, and that has him nodding to confirm it. "Ah.. yes," he says with more conviction than he actually feels. His blood's running cold already and it's far to easy to imagine all the ways this encounter is going to go oddly. Most of them do, and he is an especially unlucky sort lately.

"I was looking for a mountain pack, but I believe they have moved on.." he decides to reveal after a measured breath in, attempting to see if that would mean anything to the stranger at all. That was what had brought him to the Sunspire initially, even if he did forget this at times, so it was because of that reason that he lingered as he did.
· .˚
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
"Hm," he muttered under his breath. The reason the stranger had dwindled by the tribe's lands was still a mystery. Leo wouldn't ask for an answer already.

The only wolves who lived on these mountains that he was familiar with was the Porcupine Ridge and Ryūjin. Unfortunately, he wasn't familiar at all with the older pack one would call Sunspire.

"There is a uh... pack... north from here" he pointed out, wondering if the male was familiar with it. The word "pack" was a weird thing to say by now. "Also of course my pack. Other than that, I don't think anyone else is here."
”the voices”
· * . *
123 Posts
Ooc —
Inari still feels wary, but it is a perpetual feeling in these days. He knows he's probably suspicious in his own way, although he hopes that by appearing as painfully neutral as he could, it may make the pack wolves a little more receptive to him. Honestly, he meant no harm and in his shape alone, he was an honest threat to so few.

"I found the one by a ridge.. but do not know much else about them. I steered clear of them," the pale wolf admits with a touch of disappointment in his minty eyes. "I do not think they are the ones I was looking for.." but then again, he has not looked closely because he had been too scared to go close (not on that day, anyway). Nothing about what he did catch of their scents inspired familiarity to encourage him. "This is the first I have smelled yours.. what is it called?" he asks, and shivers not long after as its difficult to rein in his uncertainties and seem like he may know what he's doing here.
· .˚
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
It was good to know the male had steered clear of them. With all the trouble they went through, all Leo could describe them now was bad. In reality, that was false. They just did what any other wolf would've done. But to be in his shoes on the receiving end, it wasn't a pretty sight. That was especially true since he had been through that once before.

"Ryūjin," he answered. Going off topic, the boy asked "What's your name?"
”the voices”
· * . *
123 Posts
Ooc —
Inari's ears shift, and the name strikes him in a weird way and he tries not to wear this on his expression. He has to stall for a minute to figure out why it was something.. and he hesitantly peers towards the pack lands of the creamy wolf. "As in... dragon god?" he asks very hesitantly, unsure if his translation stands true or that he had even heard properly. He can only remember fragments of the language of his ancestors, and certainly not enough to form a real sentence, but what he does have is.. something. It almost feels good to remember it, too.

"I am Inari," he answers, a name without any frills or accessory titles. He simply was.
· .˚
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
His head tilted slightly at Inari's next saying. "Yes," he answered, nodding his head slightly. Had there been others around Teekon who knew of their culture? Was it because word had spread? Maybe it was just because, like Asterr, the male came from a tribe.

"Mines is Leo," he returned after Inari had gave his name. "Do you know about this place?"
”the voices”
· * . *
123 Posts
Ooc —
Confirmation follows and Inari feels a trill of satisfaction in it, however trivial it may be. He also plans to do what he can to remember that name, and enjoys that it is simple enough. "No.. I could just recognize the word's.. meaning," he answers with a furrow of his brow, even if he is uncertain how to word it. As he speaks, he glances back towards the direction of the claim then skyward briefly to see where the sun sat in the sky. But, he's not a good judge of time. He hopes the cream-coated Leo is not.. feeling burdened by his company for this long.. despite it not truly being that lengthy of a stay; it feels like it has been to him, though.

Inari also hopes he is not seeming suspicious by recognizing the word. It has occurred to him a beat later that it might, so his ears splay back anxiously. "This is the first I have heard of it, name included.." as if that may soften it any for him, the sterling male is not sure, but he is wondering how to proceed now.
· .˚
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
So perhaps he did have the same culture as Asterr, or at least was familiar with it. Inari would be the first outsider to know about Ryūjin and it's meaning.

He made a small, understandable nod. "Do you plan on looking for the ones you seek for long?" he asked, a questionable look on his face.
”the voices”
· * . *
123 Posts
Ooc —
His minty eyes skirt aside in light of the question, but he re-centers with a nod. "For as long as I am able, or until I find something... else," he says, trying to maintain a certain steadiness about it all. He did not know what else he was looking for, if anything, and that was the problem. He did not have real aspirations to become anything in particular -- not a leader, a parent, or hardly even a comrade. He only wanted to live comfortably.

Then, he straightens just a bit. "Thank you," he begins with a dip of his pale muzzle. He would be keeping all of this in mind. "But I will not keep you any longer," and he steps back before turning away to pick his way around the base of this mountain towards the unknown ahead.
· .˚