Flycatcher Downs i can't remember the good old days.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
Whittier turned East after running nto the girl at Blackfeather Woods. He had no desire to get "hurt" by Kendra's dad, and having no real idea where to go now that he'd made it back to Teekon, he figured East was as good a direction as any.

He'd skirted the mountains in an effort to avoid having to climb them. It truly wasn't any surprise that he'd never been fully happy at Nova Peak. Truthfully, he'd been happiest at Jade Fern Grove, which he realized now was kind of bizarre since literally no one else had been. But that didn't really matter to him anymore. He had liked it there, and he was itching tomsee it again. He just had to figure out where it was...

Whittier found himself beginning to drag by midday. He'd managed to snack on a vole he'd luckily talent by surprise that morning so he wasn't overly hungry. I mean, he was hungry, 'cause.. y'know, he's Whit. But not immensely so, and thus it was with his mind on his location that he directed himself up onto a bluff that lifted out of the flat meadow to stand tall above the field that stretched out around it. He stood at the edge of the short precipice, gazing out towards the horizon thoughtfully. It seemed like today would be yet another day of failure. No Allure, no Grove. Just endless fields and no clue where to go next.
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Even though Reek's proposition had sounded pretty good, Ditty wanted to see the world a little. He had ever-itching paws and so he set out and explored, wandering until his paws were aching but his heart full of all the things he'd seen. When he noticed a wolf standing on a bluff that was elevated above the meadow they stood in, Ditty's large coyote-like ears flopped upward and forward and a smile spread across his ruddy face. Oh boy, company!

He cheerfully started prancing through the grasses and eventually he was lead to right before the boy's nose. Before reaching him he shouted out a cheerful, "Hey-lo!" which was apparently his thing now, transformed from awkward half-greeting to signature thang. He was so suave. Focussing on the guy he was approaching, Ditty came at him with waving tail and friendly posture, clearing intending no harm.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Whittier had grown lost in his thoughts, and thus he didn't realize anyone was approaching him until that anyone was suddenly calling out a happy greeting that effectively scared the crap out of him. The Frostfur turned with a jolt to stare at the stranger, though the gaze only lasted about a second as his back paw slipped over the edge of the precipice and the rest of his body followed right after him.

Fortunately, the bluff was not too tall of one, and Whittier was perfectly safe as he rolled his way down the few feet it took for the ground to level out again beneath his paws. He laid there for a moment after coming to a stop and blinked at the earth that rose up before him. After a second, he stood and shook himself off sending bits of dirt flying away from his pale fur. He peered up at the ledge he just fallen off of, briefly just plain confused over what the hell had just happened to him.
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Just as Ditty called out, it looked like the wolf got frightened by something. Ditty felt instinctively wary, unware that he was the thing that the wolf got a scare out of, and he looked 'round, but didn't see anything that could indicate danger. The other wolf stood up again and Ditty approached rapidly, large bat-like ears poking forward as he called out, "Hey man, you okay?" He had no idea what had happened, but he was determined to make things alright again (and possibly recruit this dude into his pack because he hadn't yet made any new recruits).

"I'm Ditty Roux-Abhren!" he called out with a cheerful smile and then tacked on, "Are you looking for a home, by any chance?" Because if so, it's your lucky day! he added mentally, but he didn't want to come on too strong and so he waited for the dude's name and if he was looking for a home, first.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
*sniffles* I miss Cricket and Grasshopper ;_; We need to adopt best friend puppies again <33

It took a moment for Whittier's eyes to regain focus, and when they did his sight narrowed in on an almost comically bright fellow that seemed to sport a matching personality. Whit nodded fervently, pulling himself up onto all fours again as though he'd never done something so lame as to be so badly startled that he fell over. Come on, Whit, pull it together...

It took about a second for Whit to forget all about his embarrassment for the big-eared stranger was introducing himself and asking about his current lodgings. The Frostfur eyed him warily for a beat, wondering why on earth this complete stranger wanted to know if he was looking for a home. He seemed to be harmless though, so Whittier shrugged inwardly and decided to play along.

"Uh, no, not right now anyway," he replied with a slight shrug, "Why, is this for sale?" He glanced awkwardly at the field around him, now wondering if he was trespassing on a plot of land that could be his for the low, low price of $299.99 a month with no money down.
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
i know, me too! this was actually going to be a random temporary wolf, but when random.org decided on Sonata in male-form i couldn't help myself but to make him Sohn's son! :3

Ah! He didn't have a home! Ditty's tail whirred in excitement at the male, for he saw the presented opportunity and felt ready to snatch it. "Well, then today's your lucky day!" Ditty said, reverting to salesman-Ditty once more. He totally had that, he could do this, he could sell this — "No, not this place!" — his pack on this guy! Ditty broadened his smile and puffed out his chest confidently while he prepared to drag this guy.

"I'm Ditty," he repeated excitedly, though he mostly repeated his name because the stranger had rudely not given his yet, and Ditty hoped to unlock the guy's name this way. "And I'm part of this great new pack called Larksong Grotto. If you sign up today, you'll be like, one of the founding members! We're pretty much good to go, and you'll get all sorts of cool bonuses for joining as a founding member. And there's also great guys like me to hang with! It'll be so much fun! How 'bout it?" Ditty eagerly awaited the guy's reply, hoping to find a positive answer, 'cause he really needed to score some bonus points with Reek and Tavi.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
He hadn't exactly been expecting a reply that kept so well in line with the tone of the conversation, but it came, leaving Whittier quirking a brow at the flamboyant stranger rather dramatically until he expressed his actually intent more accurately.

Whittier listened quietly, still a little thrown by his enthusiasm. Apparently there was some new pack forming in some gay-sounding place, and the boy found himself smirking slightly at it - especially when he mentioned all the other great guys there were to hang out with.

"Yeah, I think I'm good," Whit replied with an affirming nod. It wasn't like he had any problem with gays or anything like that - he just didn't want to assimilate himself amongst them, "I kind of got some other things going on.  But thanks."
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
lmao that whit <3

Ditty didn't realise the impressions that he was leaving behind, unaware of them of yet, and he looked disappointed when the guy declined his offer. He so badly wanted to prove himself to Reek and Tavi, but it was proving pretty darn difficult so far! He'd expected this whole recruitment thing to be a lot easier.

"Oh. Well, that's too bad. I should probably head back there again, then. What's your name? Where're you headed? If you're ever in the neighbourhood, feel free to visit. You know... See for yourself if it's a place to your liking or not." Because Ditty wasn't intending to just give up so quickly.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Whittier had expected to be able to just turn and leave at this point, but the gay guy was persistent. He paused before his first foot hit the ground to listen as the stranger began to talk again. Not wanting to be rude (kind of) and still being a little thrown by the randomness of the encounter (more because of that), he decided to provide an answer to the questions he'd posed.

"I'm Whittier Frostfur," the husky youth said, "I'm actually trying to find my sister. And the forest we lived in for a while as kids." He still wanted to see the grove again, and he still suspected that he might find some trace of Allure there. Plus he needed to find it so he could take Kendra there as he'd promised. Maybe he ought to mention her to subtly let the guy know he was into girls...
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Whittier, what a funny name! Ditty listened to the story the guy posed, but he had little means of helping him find his long-lost sister or whatever; he didn't know much about the surroundings here, after all. "Wellp, I just arrived here, so can't really help you there. I guess I'll see you around, then. Don't forget to drop by the Grotto!" Hopefully he would; Ditty sooo wanted to have a high rank and who knew, this guy might just be his ticket to attaining said rank! Without so much as a good bye, Ditty started to bound off in opposite direction once more, deciding it was time to explore his new home right now, his decisions impulsive as always.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Whittier hadn't really expected that this gentleman would be any help on his quest. He was too ...different... for that, or so the young wolf's mind decided with little consideration for what reason he had to think it. Still, as the stranger happily told him he knew nothing and took his leave, the Frostfur boy couldn't help but frown in frustration. His lack of success had seemed quite a bit less annoying back when he was still miles and miles and miles away from even the Wilds. But now that he was here (and he was like... 85% certain that he was), the days were starting to wear on his patience. So close, yet so far.

Standing, Whit shook himself to relieve the tension that had built in his shoulders. He gave one last frown up at the hill he'd tumbled down from as though this whole thing was all its fault before turning his muzzle upward to sniff at the wind. A useless gesture, really; it told him nothing of any help. But it was really for show anyway. He hadn't made it this far by actual skill. He pointed his paws to the West and off he went again.