Dawnlark Plains here we are again pretending [m]
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
@Reek maybe? B) Maybe one day my timelines will make sense, but so far... Meh! 

She hadn't seen him in a day or so. He hadn't called, hadn't visited — and maybe if Tavi knew how this was supposed to work, she'd have been offended. Maybe if she had thought anything at all about the consequences, she'd have considered her options.

All that was on her mind today was Reek, and the girl's desire to see him again, to experience everything again, led her along the edge of the maplewood and then out of it. She left a well defined trail which was accentuated by the strong aroma of her cycle; and again, if she had been considering all of the options, or been an intelligent adulterer in any manner, Tavi might have done things differently. She thought that things were secret; she thought that only Reek would be lured by her feminine wiles, or whatever had attracted him in the first place; yet in the back of her mind she felt that this was all wrong.

It wasn't like the wrongness of something would deter her, though. Tavi had always been a bit of a rebel child — and out upon the plains, she felt free. Like nobody could do anything to stop her. It was all for fun, right? The entire affair with Reek was just a game, or so she told herself, reverting to a childishness that she should have left behind by this point. Tavi wandered upon the plains until she found her favorite tree, the one that she had used for tracking the herds (although that had been a failure); and she sat beneath it, wondering how long it would be before Reek came to meet her.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Days had passed since Reek had taken Tavi in a lovers embrace, and despite their affair being discovered by Saena, a part of him wished to do it again. Perhaps even more-so, now that his relationship with his mate was strewn out upon the rocks. Reek was a man who craved affection -- validation -- in any way possible. Now, the well ran dry; his insecurity, rampant. He wished to seek Tavi out, to find her, talk, and more, but with his secret exposed, Reek could no longer take such a risk. In the Maplewood there were eyes everywhere, but still, he trusted himself to find safety in his own ability to lie.

After his confrontation with Saena, Reek waited for Tavi to finally leave the territory before setting off on his own in pursuit. No longer would he make the same mistakes; his greed would remain in check... At least within the territory's bounds. Today, on a patrol, he found a trail she had left for him. He followed along to the perceived safety of the outside world.

He crossed the moraine and found himself in the plains near Redtail Rise once more; where he had found Tavi at the very beginning of her cycle. No longer in full swing, a lingering amount of pheremones remained— beckoning Reek forward. He found her under the same tree. His face lit with smile and he began to lope in her direction. Of course, he would have to tell her that Saena knew of their affair, but that could wait. For now, Reek could pretend everything was alright.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Tavi watched the clouds as they drifted, finding that her natural impatience had lessened since she had last spent time with Reek. She was content with staring up at the sky for some reason — and wondered, briefly, if this spring would be filled with wind and storms. She had no idea there was a storm brewing within the maplewood, nor one potentially crackling to life at the riverside; these things were not important to her anyway. Somehow Tavi had become a hedonistic mess of greed and ego. And the worst part was, she was fine with everything.

She thought of all the things she could say to Reek. The way Esaro had attacked her days ago, or his recent display of social ineptitude. The chance that she had prompted him to seek out the Sleeping Dragon wolves — or maybe even her own encounter with one of them. The more she thought about it, the more she felt invested. Tavi wanted to talk about anything that put her at a mental distance from what they were really doing; the guilt that manifested was not wholly reserved for Esaro's antics, but her own. She was displacing her own feelings upon Esaro, knowing somewhere within herself that these games with Reek would not last.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw a figure on the horizon, doggedly following her winding trail. Tavi stood up before Reek reached her, feeling a swell of energy in the pit of her stomach, a warmth flooding her — and with a wag of her tail, threw aside her thoughts. She paced up to him and wedged her head against him, then reached with her teeth to grab at the fur of his neck, bringing her body up alongside his. For a moment she thought they didn't need words — but the silence began to bother her.

Did you get away? her voice was a bit hushed, and Tavi held off from her administrations to level her head over his shoulders, peering towards the maplewood just to make sure. Did you get away - were you followed? Are we safe? Can we -- play? She didn't need to say more, and swiftly resumed her nibbling before he even responded, clearly pleased that they were together again.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Quickly, the distance between them was all but null underneath their claimed tree. They shared a comforting closeness and Reek accepted the incoming barrage of affection. For the first time since his secret came to light, Reek allowed himself to relax. His muscles went slack and a contented sigh passed his lips. No other sound was uttered between them as she ran her teeth through his fur. The bad news that Reek had to share was all but an afterthought in the wake of her touch. He found comfort at the tip of her teeth and in the intimate silence they shared.

She pulled him in. Responding, Reek settled himself against her, shoulder to shoulder. The silence was eventually shed with a breathy whisper. Reek nodded before replying, "Of course." He had been sure to shed his scent by washing in the creek on the way over. This time, he took every precaution.

Her touch returned as she preened at his neck. A low, contented growl rippled from his throat as he allowed his eyes to squint until they were only slits. "We should be safe here—" He felt the implication was clear. Not allowing this contentment and relaxation to be soiled by the bad news Reek had to bear, he shoved it aside to be relayed later. Now, his attention was solely on Tavi.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
She smiled at him, and the expression only grew when he confirmed to her their safety. The secret they held was thrilling, but more importantly, she did not want to ruin Reek's standing in the pack, or with his wife. It was naive to think that they could have their fun without being discovered — but Tavi was comforted in that childish notion. They weren't hurting anyone as long as it remained a secret. Good, she sighed the word, her breath drifting through his dark fur.

While she was happy to be with him, embracing him, Tavi couldn't shake the feeling that.. They needed to talk. But she didn't know where to start. This kind of relationship was new to her, and with no reference point, she was stumped. So she remained quiet and resumed her nipping and tugging, pecking at him playfully like a little bird. Any conversation would have to start with Reek — Tavi just didn't trust herself, or know what to say. 

It would be really strange to start their next illicit act with a conversation about Esaro anyway. That'd spoil the mood, she thought, and had to hold back a little snort when the humor of the moment caught up to her.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Reek had nothing left. With his mateship in shambles and life thrown in the blender, Tavi was his only respite. Perhaps he was only deepening his problems by running to her, but his storm-grey mistress made Reek happy. Mistress was possibly to wrong word now to use now— after Saena's discovery and the subsequent break of their relationship, Reek and Tavi's interludes were technically no longer cheating. She may not have known that yet, but it would be covered in due time.

For now, Reed desired comfort. Her reply came on the breath of whisper as she preened through his fur. Reek's ears splayed back and he exhaled a long sigh of satisfaction. If Tavi was waiting for conversation, she would not recieve it until later. Instead, Reek began to reciprocate her ministrations. He allowed his muzzle to trail from the scruff of her neck, down her side, and down to her haunches; teeth lightly scraping against every inch.  

There, at her rump, he lingered. Placing a single foreleg on her backside, Reek waited for his go-ahead.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Awkward sex of course.

His attention was unlike any she'd recieved before. There had been boys growing up - all kinds, mostly the nefarious type that were entirely unsuitable - but nothing like this. The more he doted upon her, the less and less she worried; instead, Tavi felt a heat spreading from every moment of their intersection. Her nipping became infrequent, while his own muzzle found its way towards her hindquarters. Even though she anticipated this, all of it - she was still surprised when Reek lifted a leg across her. It was like before, and she felt a shiver span the length of her spine. It started where his leg rested, and pulled its way up her spine.

With a deep breath, she steadied her nerves. Breathing him in only served to intoxicate her futher; and Tavi, still adapting to this new kind of relationship, began to awkwardly position herself for him. She bumped at his chest with the base of her tail accidentally, wagged the appendage a few times, and eventually let it hang to one side - glancing over her shoulder at him so that Reek knew, yes, this was what she wanted. 

— — —

When everything was over, Tavi's heart was racing the way it had during their first time together. She didn't drift so much this time; and the feeling of Reek across her back was less strange now. She panted heavily, her mind empty save for the chemical mixture overflowing through her system.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Chest heaving in the wake of their second coupling, Reek kept his body strewn across Tavi's back as he struggled to regain his breath. His sorrows were lost in a sea of satisfaction: Saena and the Maplewood felt to be a distant thing. The wolf below him, however, felt entirely more real— tangible. "Goddamn," he rumbled in Tavi's ear, self-satisfied with sensation. Of course, Reek enjoyed the sex. His own physical desires had won out in an internal war over his own family; Tavi emerging the victor.

Eventually, after the connection joining them at the hip abated, Reek slunk off of his lover's back and rounded her side. His affections did not cease. Lost in her, Reek planted several nips and licks on Tavi's flank and neck. There was so much that needed to be discussed, but Reek couldn't help himself from carrying on for just a little bit longer.

With a mouthful of Tavi's fur, Reek finally broke the silence between them.  "Tav?" he whispered, garnering her attention. "I—" he exhaled. "I can't go back to the Maplewood."
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
She had found a replacement in him, somehow. It had happened by accident - but so did everything else - and this time Tavi wasn't about to lose him. So when their fun and games had ended (leaving Tavi breathing heavily, curling against Reek as he fell beside her) and there was a stillness, she was happy. When he spoke, the illusion of their goodness - or whatever this was - cracked. The crack spread the more Reek spoke, his whisper shifting from the husky sound of a tired voice to something ugly, and the moment was ruined.

At first Tavi wouldn't hear it. She breathed him in, sliding her face against the nearest patch of fur and burrowing; her lungs were pumping air so quickly she could've been a bellows in a past life - and then what he said clicked, and the fire went out of her. What? Tavi's voice was sharp and quick, and she dreamily lifts her head, adjusting so her chin is on her crossed paws.

You can't... Go back? But there was no reason for him to leave. Except -- Saena. As the woman breathes the name, the warmth pumping through her veins falters too; she feels the chill, and it settles in to the pit of her stomach. If Saena knew, then they'd both be in trouble. How does she know? That didn't seem to matter now. Tavi just needs him to keep talking, to keep her mind from overworking the way it did the previous night. He could say anything to her and Tavi would accept it — the fight had fled her as soon as Reek admitted his banishment.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Reek's sudden revalation rolled off the tongue so easily that the nonchalance of it's utterance nearly caught himself off gaurd. The Maplewood was his home; it had always been and -- he felt -- it always would be, especially with his own flesh and blood making up the ranks. His unborn children and grandmother were all quartered off from him now in the wake of Saena's decision. Had he been alone on the plains... It would have destroyed him. Tavi, however, numbed the pain. She was his crutch. She would get him through just as Saena had as his relationship with Wynter crumbled to dust.

"I can't," he repeated in a low whisper, muzzle seeking the warmth and comfort of Tavi's neck. Initially, Reek could see her confusion, but before he could explain further, it seemed Tavi understood the gist of what had happened.  As soon as the name of Reek's ex-mate passed Tavi's lips, Reek winced and nodded in response.  

"The other day— she saw us together. We hadn't been careful enough Tav," he prided himself on being able to talk his way out of most situations (being a skilled liar and all), but when caught red handed, it's nearly impossible to lie, lie, lie until the situation dissapears. There was nothing more Reek could do but visit when Saena allowed. "She kicked me out. The Maplewood isn't mine anymore." That was perhaps the most painful thing of all, to lose his stake; his land, his title.

With nothing now to his name, Reek clung to the only thing he had left: Tavi. Leaning into her, he whispered, "Will you stay with me?" He couldn't lose her too.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
It should've been more overwhelming. Knowing that Saena was aware - and likely beyond angry at the two of them - should have made Tavi more antsy than it did. This was likely a side-effect of their most recent fun together; except now, Tavi found herself doubting everything. There had been no point in what they did the first time. It was a game that got a little bit out of control, either because of her hormones or because of his attraction to her. But the more Tavi thought about it, laying entangled in Reek's fur and limbs, the more she realized -- No.

Maybe it was a response to his question. That's what it would sound like, but as soon as she spoke it, Tavi lurched up to a seated position and then pulled herself away from Reek; her features thoughtful and posture hardly as confident as it usually was. She was tired after their time together, but this was different. A thought had occurred to her. You could've told me that before we... had sex? fucked? made love? No, she.. Didn't love him. That wasn't the right term at all. She turned her head to watch him, studying his face.

You waited until after to tell me. She felt used. There was an antagonistic tone to her voice, sharp with offense, and Tavi's ears fell back upon her skull. She narrowed her eyes at him and pulled further away, rising partly to her feet. We shouldn't have done this at all. This was wrong. But... I'll talk to her. Maybe I can... Appeal to her, somehow. Convince her to let you stay, and make me leave instead. Tavi's throat felt constricted as she voiced these words, knowing that the loss of her home would be more painful than anything she'd experienced before. She did not doubt Saena's wrath in the slightest. In knowing about their affair, the pregnant woman would probably chase them both out. I can fix this. The beta (ex-beta?) proclaimed; but her limbs were like jelly, and she sank down again, uncertain.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
No.

Reek's already broken heart sank deeper in his chest. With his last shred of comfort squandered, Reek finally reached his lowest point. He had nothing. His aching heart thrummed with broken and painful beats as Tavi shied away from his offer and physically pulled away. With the distance between them settled, Reek laid his head low in defeat.

"I— I should have..." his voice trailed away. Reek's life was becoming a never ending trail of should haves and could haves. It had been a mistake to draw comfort from her once more— to pretend that everything was alright before dropping such a bombshell. "I just— I can't face it." Truthfully, Reek was a coward. Ignoring his problems however, had only made them worse.

"There's no fixing what I've broken Tav," he continued, feeling more meek than ever. "All I want is to go back... to turn back time and fix this, but I can't." Despite his infidelity, his love for his ex-mate was undying. If there had been some sort of magic phrase to bring back his marriage, Reek would have already thought of it and employed it's use to win his wife and family back, but there was no turning back now. He knew Saena far better than any other; she would never forgive him. "I'm lucky to have visitation rights."
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
There was no way to go back. She didn't want to, not really, not entirely anyway — but Tavi had not thought about any of this when they'd started.. Whatever this was. She had needed comfort and friendship, and Reek had provided that. It wasn't right for her to be mad at him; at least, that's what she told herself. This wasn't all his fault, or all her own. They'd have to own it together, and Tavi just needed to come to terms with that.

Beside her, Reek withered. Her own reaction had quite the affect upon him, and in seeing how destroyed he was, Tavi gave a sigh and crawled close again. They'd dug this hole together, and now it was up to both of them not to be buried in it. She didn't know what to say, so Tavi was quiet. She lightly nuzzled at Reek's dark face, hoping some physical connection would ease some of his sorrow. After swallowing a lump in her throat, she rested her chin on her paws, her body a crescent beside his. 

That'd be a great super power -- time travel. She tried to smile, but there was no feeling behind the weak expression. She'd find Saena later, then. For now, Reek needed her. I need to think. Before I leave, I mean... Saena.. She'll probably hate me forever now. Maybe she'd attack her? If that happened, Tavi wondered if she'd fight back. A part of her said no outright. The woman was her friend, and she was pregnant. How much lower could Tavi get? Attack a pregnant woman after stealing her man? Ick. I don't want to leave. Neither of them did.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
The return of Tavi's touch was welcome, but it did not erase the inner turmoil boiling Reek alive from the inside. While he wished to go back to the simple life he once took pride in, truthfully, he did not fully wish to turn back to the clock either. He did not regret growing close to Tavi; in fact, he greatly enjoyed the casual relationship they shared. His only regret came on the wings of how he handled the situation and it's grim outcome.

When she dropped down beside him, Reek was hard-pressed to suppress the tears beginning to well behind his eyelids. He tried not to show his weakness in front of Tavi, but his sadness was evident. Nevertheless, with Tavi back at Reek's side, he allowed himself to pretend that she would stay; that by the end of the day she would not return to the Maplewood, leaving Reek alone with nothing.

She spoke of super powers and Reek was immediatly reminded of Bam-Man, AKA Sebastian, and a wistful - yet thin - smile played across his sad features. He did not allow himself to respond and Reek remained silent until finally echoing Tavi's sentiments himself. "I don't want to go either," he said. The Maplewood was his home, but he had permananly relinquished the deed. Deep down, he knew there was no turning back. Even if the Maplewood were to take him back, if Tavi was pregnant—

Reek's train of thought froze. She had been in heat, but Reek failed to think of what his actions would bring until now. "Tav," he mumbled. "What happens if you're pregnant?" The question may have seemed to be levied from left field, but he couldn't let her relinquish her spot for him... Nor could he abandon her.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Maybe she could appeal woman-to-woman to Saena. Or maybe she could try and remind her of how she felt for Reek - but that thought twisted her gut in a way that Tavi didn't like. She was thoughtful, nearly obsessive over this predicament, so she almost didn't hear Reek's quiet voice. After a heartbeat, the words clicked; and she found her thoughts fizzling out.

I can't be pregnant. The wolf stated flatly, although her gaze had glazed over. Could she be? It was possible - and probable - but this was something she hadn't thought about, and wasn't going to think about. Denial overwhelmed her now, utter and complete denial. It was only... Well, the one time, but, Tavi looked away from Reek, a frown creasing her features. More than one time now, she thought. They'd have to stop that, then. Stop all of it -- just make it all stop. If I am, then.. I'll deal with it somehow.

Without thinking, she omitted Reek from the equation. The tone of her voice was empty too, likely from shock. A sigh fell through her next, and Tavi burrowed deeper in to Reek, not knowing what to do at all. Everything was suddenly crashing down around her now. This perfect home she'd made for herself was going to be taken from her next, and her best friend was no longer here - again. 

At least we're not alone. But she wasn't sure of that either.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Tavi may have been in denial, but as soon as the thought crossed Reek's mind, it was all he could think about. The chances she would become pregnant were ever likely— and while there was a possibility that his seed hadn't taken, Reek felt the need to be prepaired for whatever came next. With the chance at being a proper father to the children born of his ex-mate stripped from him, Reek would not allow the same to happen to his possible bastards. They deserved a full-time father.

"We will deal with it," he interjected. This had been his own doing as well— and if Tavi bore children, Reek would also bear the yolk and burden. She burrowed her face deeper into his scruff and Reek closed his eyes, readily accepting any comfort his companion had offer.

The words she spoke stilled Reek's heart. Not alone. Other than Tavi, Reek felt he was completely alone. All the connections he had worked to make were severed with the loss of the Maplewood. However, the full brunt of the pain was softened by Tavi's presence. For a moment, they sat in silence, but it did not last. "I won't abandon you," he said. He was not Ukko. Reek was not the abandoning sort. If Tavi would stand by him, he would do the same.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Fade?

She sighed again, listening to him. The seriousness of their situation was finally settling in - but she still refused to accept the possibility that there was something growing inside of her. No, one disaster at a time. 

I won't abandon you, he stated calmly. Tavi pressed her face closer, eye closed, and then... Moved. She pulled away from Reek wordlessly and got to her feet. Tavi shook herself all over, as if to rid herself of his scent (as impossible as that would be), and loomed over him. I won't abandon you either. But.. There was something she felt like she had to do. Even if it meant destroying a friendship, she would try. I'm going to talk to Saena. If I can't make her understand, I'll be back.

Tavi lowered her head so she could nudge at Reek, passing by him and down, off the ridge. It felt like she was walking to her death - and surely, had Saena not been heavy with child, that would be precisely the outcome.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
He knew the time approached fast that Tavi would have to tear herself from him. Wishing for any sort of extension, Reek wished she'd stay, but knew the hope would be fruitless. He feared being alone— but most of all, he feared the breakdown that he was sure would ensue as soon as she left him behind. Alone, Reek would no longer be able to suppress his defeat and deep feelings of loss.

Eventually, after a brief moment of comfort, the time came. Tavi tore away and set off toward what was once Reek's home. He clung to her closing words; a promise to return. Remaining rooted to the spot until Tavi was out of sight, Reek could feel a teary sting in each of his eyes. Resting his head of his forepaws, Reek was resigned to wait.