Blackfeather Woods The huntress appeared.
Iota
32 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
All Welcome 
Tagging @Nemesis but any of the pack members are allowed to join.

Whisper stalked the large hare quietly, it was, yes only a hare, but it was a large hare.  She was absolutely quiet, and so was the rabbit out of self preservation. Her lips twitched upwards a bit in a grin. Even the catch of a small rabbit would  contribute some hunting to the pack. She would keep hunting, working, and marking the borders. She was determined to keep the territory strong and the caches of food stronger. It was her duty as a pack member. Of course, she only knew Burke right now, but hoped to soon encounter Nemesis.

As she neared it, its ears flipped up. She was on it in a flash, just as it began to dart away. There was no way she was going to let the fat spring prey get away from her that easily. It flipped over and kicked at her neck, only managing a small scrape due to her thick layers of silky fur. She grabbed its skull and twisted, breaking its neck and ending its life. As blood trickled into her mouth from where she had pressed her teeth into the skull, she smiled. It was a satisfying taste. Warm, delicious rabbit blood.

She picked it up once again by its skull and trotted to the tree where she had buried the raven she had caught. Wonderful. Once she had buried it, she trotted off towards the undergrowth, hoping to find a woodchuck or a vole. Either was fine, both were rich in flavor and nutrients.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Hows about my little bumbum? :D

The smell of prey had caught his attention. His paws carried him towards the smell. With a slick body and thin legs, the wind was practically drifting him away.

Spring was upon them surely. There was no longer cold ice underneath, but instead the familiar feel of wet dirt. It was still cold from the snow, but that didn't matter. What little he had of his winter coat was slowly starting to fall, making way for the warmer months to come. The more better months.

When he had reached his destination, he found that the rabbit had already been kill and lay underground. With the smell of death also came the smell of another wolf. Someone he was not familiar with.

Having nothing better to do, he followed the trail. He was soon met by another female. He chuffed in order to grab her attention.
Iota
32 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Why hello there... *grins deviously*

The silky she-wolf whirled around, the chuff grabbing her attention just moments before she had set off. "Why hello there, do you happen to be a member of the Brotherhood?" She asked him, her powerful amber gaze sweeping to his icy blue eyes. "I am the new...recruit, Whisper." her rich voice left her maw, the deep sound of it carrying to him.

Sorry for the short posts, I have seven characters to attend to
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
no problem :P

He nodded. "Yep. Been ere' for awhile now." He had been here for at least five moons. Many wolves had come and gone over time, even the one he thought of as a lover. Mikasi had decided not to dwell upon the relationship however. There were many other possibilities.

"Pleased to meet ya'. My name's Mikasi," he replied. "So, do you enjoy it here?"
Iota
32 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
She smiled at him, although she could be as cold as winter, she felt though her pack should be treated as she had treated her sister Aloe. Aloe! She had completely forgotten to talk to her before she had left! Oh god... She gulped and focused back on the male. "Yes, actually! It's really quite wonderful here. I was wondering, would you like to hunt with me? I was looking for small prey, but I happened to find a fawn earlier. I passed it by because I didn't know how close its mother was. It may be quite easier if you help me out though. I'm sure that the pack wouldn't mind an extra fawn around though!" She laughed a bit, anticipating his answer. She wanted desperately to kill the fawn for her new found pack, it would be a great contribution after all
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Her dark figure loped fondly through the shadowed forest, feeling the familiar grainy feel of dirty underneath her runners. She stopped abruptly when an unfamiliar scent struck her, prompting her to lie low and listen in on the conversation. Mikasi an an unnamed female, as she suspected a change in their ranks. She couldn't help but to feel that the wolf, Whisper knew a little too much. More specifically, the Brotherhood name.  "At least one of our member's appears to be doing something useful for the pack," Her coy voice interrupted the bubbling conversation, stepping out to make her presence known. Her eyes drifted from between them, a hardened, cold gaze set in per usual. She looked for a sign of submission from either one of them, but if they were smart, both of them. She wasn't in the cheeriest of moods, which to everyone else, was most likely an understatement.

Mikasi had not shown himself in a little while, and she had started to wonder if he had run of with Venus and Cyn as well. While the male had been one of them for a good amount of time, he had not obtained any trades to speak of and while she was probably wrong, she did not see him actively contributing to the pack. Maybe she was wrong, but she was most certainly open for correction. As the title demanded of her, she had become a stickler for contribution, and as Burke said, leeches were not allowed. This was more or less directed to the new blood, as she would be watching extremely carefully to see that there was no sign of slack to be found. Macbeth and Thatcher were gone as well ,which set her on edge. She had grown to distrust the newbies, however promising they may seem. "Wonderful isn't exactly how one would describe the dark woods, you must be new," She commented, although it was clearly a prompt for the girl to explain herself. In her mind, wonderful was sunshine and rainbows and butterflies, and nothing of the sort had ever been detected there. 
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
He smiled, happy to see that she was enjoying herself. The sound of hunting sounded great right now. "Sounds good," he replied, nodding his head. "Let's g-"

His sentence was interrupted by the sound of Nemesis' voice. He turned to her, lowering his head in a sort of bowing, submissive mood. He frowned slightly at the Beta's remark. Mikasi had been with Burke's children trying to get his trade. Hadn't she known? The male couldn't blame her for it however. He had been doing duties by himself lately. "Fancy you'd say that Nem'. Me n' the new gal were going to go huntin'," he replied, "Maybe you can tag along? Three is better than two."
Iota
32 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Just as they were about to head off, a she-wolf Whisper could only describe as powerful darkness appeared. She respectively lowered her tail, ears, and bowed her head. This must have been the beta Burke had described, Nemesis.
As she spoke, whisper relished the sound of her voice. It was chilling and she was intrigued. "Greetings, Nemesis, is it? Pleasure to meet you. I am Burke's newest trial recruit, Whisper. I come from another pack, looking for a strong pack that can sustain itself and work hard.Luckily, I've found just the thing." She became embarrassed st the comment Nemesis made about her description of the forest. "To me, wonderful means impressive and prey-plentiful. As I take pride in my hunting." She once again dipped her head and her ear twitched at what Mikasi had said to the beta.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Submission, she started to crave it. It was a cruelly slow passion to see others give her a wealthy dosage of respect which seemed to only submerge when her mood was not quite right. She was restless, her troublesome mind gripping to terms with what kind of life she had built for herself. Of all things, loved. But did she truly love Kove, deep down she knew the answer. Afterall, they were mated. Was it her fault she could not help feel that one day he would want more? More from her, from them. Nevertheless, she had others to look out for, and children were out of the question as of then. 

She did not praise the two when they submitted, it was their duty and not something to worship doing what they were supposed to do. And she was in charge, Burke had notified her that he would be gone for a few days, leaving her to boss around her subordinates. Whisper gave the right answer, unlike many who were all talk and literally no action. Yet, she could not help feel wary of her intentions, as any sane world would do. So many unsuspecting had betrayed them, and she could not help but to not place her beliefs in anyone that would stay except Kendra and Burke. As cruel as it sounded, Kove had left once and as she was sure he would not do so again, there was never a guarantee, her guarded mind would be getting the best of her today. "To each their own," She shrugged, dismissing the description of the dark forest. However, she was interested in observing how good of a hunter this girl was, or if she was Dark Brotherhood potential at all. "I will," She nodded to Mikasi, signalling for him to proceed. "Although I doubt so much as a fawn will need all this muscle. Perhaps our newest recruit can tackle the animal on her own and show us what she's made of," She set the bar high, a challenging smirk playing on her lips. Pressure was always a good motivator or the downfall, depending on how morally strong their eager little recruit was. 
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
His gaze went from Nemesis back to Whisper as the Beta put up a challenge for her. "Huh, well that's a plan," he said, nodding his head in agreement. It was, indeed a good way to show strength. Perhaps, if Whisper was able to catch the fawn she could gain some respect from their cold Beta. It was always good to be able to get in good touch with authority, as he would say. More respect from peers. More respect; more power. It was a nice tactic in the blackmailing world.
Iota
32 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
The girl nodded to her beta and gulped. She was a bit more nervous than usual, but would prove her worth to the beta. Whisper stalked off, her body low. They were quite close to the fawn,really, so it wasn't to hard to find the tawny creature. Its pupils dilated as the pale woman crept towards it. The creature wobbled on its legs, climbing up from her hiding spot, and fled. Whisper, being fast and sleek, darted across the fields and leaped straight for fawn. She caught the tail in her mouth and tugged, pulling the fawn back, but not without a kick to the chest. She slammed her paws onto the creature's back and it bleated with terror as Whisper lowered her head to the base of its neck, breathing down its back. A small cut trickled with blood onto the deer, and she ended it there. Her mouth snapped at the base of the fawns neck and it kicked at her paw, but she narrowly avoided it. She bit down hard, blood filling her mouth. The breaths of the fawn grew fluttery and stopped. 
Whisper looked back at in the direction of the beta with a flicker of blood-lust in her eye.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
It was quite a bold and risque move for Whisper to snag the animal from behind, which would have resulted in a more fatal blow had the doe been, not such a weakling. She did not approve of the impulse but could hardly reprimand it herself for she was known for acting on a whim in the heat of the moment. Instead, she offered a stiff nod, signalling she was pleased with her work but it was not enough to earn her respect but her recognition was much more than many got on their first day. 

The girl would do very well remembering that, and would not let her down before the two weeks was up. So far, she seen potential, a soldier fit for commanding. But there was the matter of darkness, and while Whisper had proven to be useful and not talent less, her place in the Brotherhood relied on what she observed within the next few weeks. Bloodlust was a common thing in the eyes of the blackfeather wolves, and she could hardly be fazed by the tactic any longer.

"Good," She commented, although her cold tone did not disparate. It never did with anyone, besides Kove, a mystery she still could not understand. "Although I trust you will be cautious when approaching a grown stag, to not use the same tactics you used today," Pulling on it's tail would only cause it to kick back, resulting in a fatal blow to the head and/or chest area which would then make one useless. And nobody wanted a useless wolf in their pack. 
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
It didn't take long for the newbie to find the doe. Mikasi watched from the beta's side as Whisper went into chase. A wince escaped him as the fawn kicked at her chest. Had it been the mother or stronger hooved mammal, that blow was a death sentence for any wolf.

After Nemesis had finished her say, Mikasi walked forward to examine her. "You alright there missy?", he asked. It was only a kick from a little thing, but a kick non the less.

@Nemesis little nudge so this can be archived
Iota
32 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
She gave a curt nod to Mikasi and looked back at nemesis. "Indeed, that would be fatal, and I'm no good dead." She said with a twisted grin. Hmph, she must think Whisper a stupid wolf. Ha! Never in 1,000,000 years. She grabbed the fawns throat and began to drag it to her kill pile, adding it to the voles, birds, and other prey she had caught. She would take this to the heart of their forest so it was clear to any wolf that she was a good hunter. Yes, she would prove herself useful here.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
She nodded, at least relieved the girl understood the difference between a fatal kick and an injury kick.That would be very good to know if the girl aspired to be a hunter, or alive at all. "Well, good. I'll be off then," There was no need to stick around, and she had better to do than supervise. In fact, her own caches needed filling, and borders to investigate. While the winter was clearing up, and the desperation was at it's least, one could never be too sure about those crazed loners that seemed to think it was perfectly okay to walk across claimed land. With a nod of approval, to both, she went on her way.