Sunbeam Lair tree of life (joining)
Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living. - Genesis 2:4-3:24
18 Posts
Ooc — LilyPop
Joining 
She couldn`t go any further. She knew that. She hadn`t eaten in nearly a moon, and she was moving slower. I couldn`t go back if I wanted to.

Eve knew she had gone far - the Packscent of the Monteith Pack hadn`t carried over the salty water. She missed its comforting whiff of mossy stone, somehow.

But the Pack`s prophet had spoken, and despite her (and her only littermate Adam`s) disdain for religion, she had to go. Build a new life as the Healer she had been, elsewhere.

Thr journey had been long, and she had skirted some of the Packs after smelling a disagreeable scent on the island in the salty waters. After reaching the mainland, Eve had decided to head upriver and over the mountain range.

But now...um...now...

A prodigy. Sorting herbs by six moons old, healing the Alphas by nine. Her weakness was her strength - she healed all...

Eve shook her head to awake from the proud memory. She was distracted. Alas, she was weak and black spots appeared in the corners of her vision - she sank to the floor.

She thought she smelled that same mossy rock, the herbs she`d used in another life, a million years ago.

She saw a cave, a chamber, scooped out of the closest mountain. A Packscent similar to her own was emanating from the gap, and Eve made her decision.

She howled a lonely howl. "Howweeeeello?"

Would they hurt her? Leave her? Help her?
[Image: dpoalu7ae61.gif]
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Gonna jump in until Asterr comes! @Asterr, please PM me if you planned otherwise :)

There was a howl. One he was not familiar with. It had the male running towards the call with a purpose.

It didn't take long to reach the entrance of Ryūjin. Standing before him was a female. Her eyes shown out from the rest of her white and grey coat. She definitely seemed close to his age as well. Upon closer inspection, she could see her hunger. She looked as if she hadn't eaten in ages. It made Leo look twice her size.

What was she here for? Was she here to join Ryūjin? What was he supposed to do. What was he supposed to say? The voices told him to attack her. That she was too close to their lands. Leo could barely push them out. If she wanted to join, he couldn't attack her, even if he really wanted.

"Hello," he greeted simply.
”the voices”
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Their numbers had been strong, keeping steadily balanced and appearing as if they would never dwindle. It made her proud, to say the least, though she knew she had many to thank for for such an accomplishment having been made. It was not her alone who had done all of the work, but the entirety of the tribe—both those who presently called it home and those who had taken their leave. It felt wonderful, to her, and helped her ease up a bit with her duties before she'd been given the opportunity to run herself right into the ground. Of course, the recent trespassing incidents were never far from her mind, but even still she had managed to calm down some and revert back to her usual, easygoing self. Life was peaceful, just as she had always wished for it to be.

Asterr had not been along the border when the stranger had announced her presence, but the song's tone was enough to have her working to reach it quickly. It was sorrowful, she'd noted, lonely and weak. It made the chieftess wonder what type of sight would reveal itself to her once she'd reached the unknown female, concerned already for her well-being. And when she had finally reached the entrance, it became apparent that her concern had not been improperly placed. For there outside Ryūjin's claim was a crumpled heap of a wolf, her lack of nutrients obvious. She took notice to Leo's presence as well, offering him a small smile in greeting as she drew close to his side. Thereafter, her pale gaze had moved back to the female on the ground, the only thing she felt herself capable of saying being, "What has happened to you?"
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living. - Genesis 2:4-3:24
18 Posts
Ooc — LilyPop
Thanks for replying so fast! That never happens :P

Despite her weakness, Eve`s voice was steady. She dipped her head respectfully at the black she-wolf, for she was evidently an Alpha. She smiled at the cream he-wolf as well though. It wouldn`t do to forget one`s manners at a time like this. And their Packscent is like my own...before I swam the salty waters, that is.

But that was just a bonus. She had rehearsed her speech for moons before leaving the Pack, yet now all she could remember was the first sentence.

"My Pack and my parents chose me to go to the Teekon Wilds, and start a new life healing wolves in a new Pack. It just took longer than I anticipated, Miss...um, what might your name be, Miss?"

Eve was trying to be demure and polite, as this was undoubtedly her only chance at survival although she had told the truth.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Gonna have Leo leave so I won't hold this up :)

A smile crossed over his maw when Asterr had come. It had been awhile since he had seen her. That was mostly his fault however: his mind kept him away. Leo was afraid he might loose control any second of the day and didn't want the dragoness to see. Nor anyone for that matter.

Those thoughts had triggered his inner-violence. Kill them, they chanted loudly. It was to much to handle. He backed away, whimpering loudly before running away.

- Leo exits
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Seeing Leo had been similar to the feeling one gets once they've finally reached the highest peak of a mountain. She had missed spending so much time with him, and regretted not seeking him out more often. So, of course, she had been expecting him to hang around for a while longer, perhaps even weigh in on what he thought of the stranger at their borders—but such had not been what was meant to happen. Instead, a whimper had sounded from the younger wolf, causing worry to overtake the chieftess' expression immediately. Had he been injured? Before she could ask, he'd taken off, leaving her alone and unable to follow after him. It troubled her greatly, but she tried to push it to the back of her mind for the time being. The sooner she spoke with the outsider, the sooner she might be able to track down the boy.

Rather than directly answering her question, the stranger had gone off with the start of a speech. It was stopped by the fact that they'd not yet exchanged named, prompting the yearling to voice her own. "Asterr Draconid." It slipped from her tongue with ease, as perusal, and was followed up quickly by, "May I learn of your own?" Asterr could appreciate the politeness of the other, especially given her condition, but it was clear a piece of her mind lingered elsewhere even still.
18 Posts
Ooc — LilyPop
Yay, not even an hour apart! Thank Dog for colliding posting schedules :3

After the brisk cold of her journey the warmth of two strangers was nearly too much to bear. And when the sweet cream he-wolf whimpered and ran, Eve tried and failed not to think about what was wrong and if she could help him with herbs -  I really am too soft. What if they chase me away? They probably will anyway.

But she let herself relax a little. This was an Alpha. A she-Alpha, no less! Any honourable Alpha wouldn`t hurt a weak yearling. Especially not on the other side of the border, right?

And...Asterrrr. There was a roll to it, a majesty. Eve decided she liked it.

"Eve. Eve Monteith. I come from the upper lands across the salty waters. I think that`s why my Packscent`s gone. I smell of lone wolf!"

Yellow eyes blinked. Had she said too much?

The tic started again, more manageable than at home - at least for now. But the tip still visibly twitched erratically and Eve tried to ignore it.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It was uncertain whether or not the stranger was truly alone, or if she had others waiting on her. She'd spoken of being sent away, but didn't seem to view herself as a lone wolf. It was a peculiar situation, a type the young chieftess had never before encountered. "You have stated that you were chosen to leave your pack," the girl began, careful with her own wording. "Yet it seems as if you do not consider yourself a lone wolf. May you please elaborate upon that?" If Eve was of another pack, then her reasoning for drawing so near to the tribe's borders was unclear. Had she come to act as an ambassador? To deliver a formal declaration of war? Asterr's mind could concoct and work through various scenarios simultaneously, though none of them mattered if the outsider's intentions remained unclear.

"What caused you to call out to my tribe?" the dragoness asked, unable to keep the question at bay for any longer. "Is it a place to rejuvenate your weakened self that you seek? For if so, I will be forced to ask that you leave immediately." It was true that she had taken to mending a broken outsider before, but they had been away from her tribe's land and the herbs used to do so were not from the lair. They'd been picked up along the way, plucked from unclaimed lands, leaving her unable to feel guilty for using them. The mere thought of letting an outsider suckle from Ryūjin was appalling, and by no means something she would ever take part in allowing.
18 Posts
Ooc — LilyPop
"I would think I am not a lone wolf," Eve retorted as calmly as she could.

"And if you are worried about squandering resources on a stranger, you needn`t worry. I come to heal your Pack,  or whatever they call it here. Caretaker, I believe?  If you wish I could hunt a way outside the border."

Even as she spoke, a plan formed in Eve's mind. If the wolves here wanted her help but not her company, she could hunt smaller prey on the mountainside and heal when needed! But she hoped the strong queen would see it that way.

"It could enforce your reign as well," Eve pondered, "bringing a healer to your wolves, as if by magic, who costs nothing but permission to live on close territory. Could we do that?"
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The stranger insisted she was not a loner, but Asterr could see her as nothing more than just that. The situation as a whole was one she found herself growing uncertain of, but even still, her expression and overall demeanor remained neutral. Even when the other had spoken of enforcing the chieftess' reign and bringing to her members a healer—statements she had taken offense in, mind you, for her tribe was well enough as it was—not a flicker of contempt could be detected in her features. It took little restraint, too, for it was the type of encounter she'd been taught to manage. Draco, however, had attempted to push back. In the recesses of the girl's mind, she could feel his presence, his emotions, and she knew she would have to be careful with her words so as not to get a rise out of the loner.

"What if I were to inform you of the fact that my tribe houses several medics already?" the yearling presented. "One of which is currently standing before you." Of course, Asterr knew there were few downsides to having several herbalists within the lair, but that did not prevent her from questioning Eve further. She found it especially necessary considering the other girl's mindset, for the dragoness would never allow someone uncommitted to the tribe to live amongst them. If an offer of one's loyalty, rather than just their services, could not be made, then she saw no real reason to grant them access.
18 Posts
Ooc — LilyPop
The alpha`s words were harsh but valid. Eve saw Adam in the eyes of the she-wolf - questioning, suspicious, more so than Eve herself could ever be.

But Adam was kind in his misgivings, not a mask. Or perhaps I just thought that because he was - is! - my brother.

Either way, Eve knew what came next. In the event that an Alpha did not accept her, she was to brush away her Pack loyalties and pledge allegiance to them.

"You would also gain my loyalties, ma`am." It now seemed more fitting than "Miss" to describe the imposing leader before her. "My pledged allegiance to you and your Pack."

Eve would have given anything for the calm mask of her companion in that moment, and her only consolation was that perhaps in her widening eyes the truth lay clear.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Asterr could do nothing with a wolf that only wished to live near to them, but someone who was willing to pledge their loyalty? That was a field she felt most comfortable in, for it was the basis of her tribe's mentality. "If you will pledge to us your allegiance, then I will be able to accept you into my ranks," the yearling concluded, her words sincere. Any wolf willing to offer themselves to the tribe was someone she could work with with, as well as someone she wouldn't mind sharing a home with. After all, it was her goal to keep her home as tightly knit as possible, even if, in the future, that meant turning others away. Such a time had yet to truly come, however, and so she knew only of the good.

"Before your word is given, please understand that we do not take kindly to such promises being broken," the girl stated, the previous occurrence lingering in the recesses of her mind. "If you give to us your loyalty, you will be expected to live up to such claims." No matter what roads they might veer towards in the future, Asterr would never lose sight of her wish for the tribe. Due to that, she would always feel the need to ensure her followers understood that joining the tribe meant joining a family, and doing that meant offering up the chance at a bond not meant to be broken.
18 Posts
Ooc — LilyPop
Eve thought about the Alpha`s words. They made sense, and in all honesty Eve`s relations stopped being her Pack when they sent her on this one-way trip, as good as exile. Yeah, and...I`d do anything to be part of a family again.

And this she-wolf was firm, but not harsh. Impenetrable. A good leader, a good Alpha - one Eve could stand behind with faith in her motives.

"I agree," she acquiesced, "allegiance should be everlasting. Should you accept me as a member of your Pack, Miss Draconid, my loyalty will be true if yours remains the same."

That was true, and Eve suspected Asterr would approve of that last point as an Alpha. Time for that last bit of speech. I remember now.

Eve knelt and bowed her head, feeling the instinctive contentment of submission spread through her as she spoke the offering.

"I, Eve Monteith, freely offer you, Alpha Asterr Draconid, my allegiance and loyalty as you see fit until the day of my death as a full member of your Pack.

@Asterr
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I went ahead and added you to the ranks. Welcome to Ryūjin! ^^ One more post from you (if you'd like to get another in, that is), and then we can go ahead and archive this~

The words had been agreed to, revealing to the young leader that they shared an opinion in regards to loyalty. She could praise the girl's truthful nature, as well as use it in the bettering of her home—no, their home, for the Draconid possessed no valid reason to turn her away. The other was respectful when necessary, as well as possessed a decent set of morals that related to one's devotion to a set place. She was the very type of wolf the dragoness sought when it came to potential members, and for that Asterr could not deny the other a chance at a new life within her home in the Teekon Wilds. Even after her decision had been set, the female gave another demonstration of her willingness to offer herself, kneeling and bowing her head. It was a rare sight to see, which made it all the more effective. The yearling felt pride swell within her chest, but it was soon brushed away and her focus returned to where it was needed.

"I was skeptical at first, for your original proposition had been one I could never accept," the chieftess began. "Now, however, I believe I can welcome you into our ranks, and have chosen to do so." She paused, her legs moving forward as she neared the other female's side. With the very same gentleness she'd used time and time again, her muzzle was touched to the other's shoulder; it was a meaningful symbol within the tribe, having been brought along with the leader from her place of birth. "I welcome you, Eve, to Ryūjin. Know that you will never have to bow to anyone here, for within those borders we are all equals." A smile settled itself across her lips as she gave the newest member a final glance. Then, the dragoness turned, motioning for Eve to follow. It was now the girl's home, and would remain just that until fate deemed otherwise.
18 Posts
Ooc — LilyPop
Thank you! I hope for many happy threads to come for Eve here in Ryūjin :)
Note to self: Thread title worked well xD

Eve felt overwhelmed as the she-Alpha - My she-Alpha - not only accepted her proposal, but touched her nose to Eve`s shoulder in a way that seemed significant, almost religious. Her tailtip had curiously stopped twitching at the gentleness of this queenly stranger, and she quivered in reverence at her new leader`s kindness to a broken she-wolf with not enough to give.

At Asterr`s last words, Eve straightened. Equality, family and an easy leader to respect - all she had ever wanted, not knowing she did until she lost them the first time. So with a smile, the she-wolf turned to follow her new Alpha. Into a new territory, a new family, a new Pack...

A new life.

Picked fruit from the tree of life did Eve, and with new life she was blessed.