Swiftcurrent Creek Over the Hills and Far Away
Simply a pawn in the game of chess.
51 Posts
Ooc —
@Fox (I hope this works)

It was cloudy, but the lands were clear and Fury could see far until things disappeared into a blur. Lands are nice, he thought, and he meant it. He had struggled climbing the mountain, a place not for such large wolves as himself, but his powerful legs had gotten him through the obstacle. It was worth it. The lands beyond the mountains seemed quiet, and the temperature was more than perfect.

He had come across a lake he had drank from, and was now walking, following the river. The brute looked across to a meadow, and decided against travelling that much further from his new home, though he did cross the chilly water.

Suddenly, a wave of scents flung themselves into his nose. Many dominant wolves here... he slowly thought out internally, wondering what a pack was like with such turmoil in the air.
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
I'm assuming Fury is coming either a little bit north or south of the claimed lands so he's not trespassing. :)

On patrol, which was not unusual for the tiny Alpha, Fox sniffed the air. Spring was teasing them today, pretending like it was going to stay, but Fox knew better. It would be at least one more frost before spring truly settled in. She continued along the border of the creek, occasionally stopping to sniff at some dung or other various semi-interesting things that were scattered about. The fireball was but a smoldering coal at that point, but it would take only one small thing to set her off.

Fortunately for the stranger whom she had just sniffed out, he was not going to be that thing today. At least not until he made a stupid move. She woofed to him to gain his attention, and the spoke. “You are awfully close to claimed lands, mister.” It was a verbal warning along with a visual one, for although Fox was small in size, she was anything but in the way she held herself.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
51 Posts
Ooc —
Fury looked boredly at the female at first, but then raised his eyebrows. She was small. Very small. He nodded at her words, acknowledging what she had said and showing that he knew his positioning to said lands.

Eyeing her a moment, Fury quirked his head in the slightest manner. "You very tiny wolf." It was an obvious fact that the whole world would know, but Fury found it amazingly amusing since he had about one hundred pounds on the female.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox did not move, even as he spoke. The whole "oh look at how small she is!" routine was far too overdone for her taste. She had no response for him, and so she did not reply. Instead, the Alpha of the creek watched him, eyes tracking his every movement with her head lowered just below her shoulders. After a few moments, she addressed him again. “If you have no business with the creek, leave. Her tone was firm, implying that she meant business.

If he refused her order, she would make sure that he obeyed in one way or another. Even if that meant calling for backup. Her followers would come to her aid. All she had to do was make the call.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
this tread does not say private or all welcome so I will make a post that doesn't intrude and allows him to be out rightly ignored if you don't want me; or brought in if you do, I'm still new at wolf so yell at me if you need too.

Ferdie Von Pelt had not been following the alpha he had just been patrolling. From a far distance he caught the scent of an outsider, he knew his pack's scent and outsiders since he had made it a point to familiarize himself with each pack mates scent, whether they knew it or not.

He sat a fair distance away, his eye's never leaving the stranger, so far was he that he could not hear the conversation; he could however see his alpha's posture and he would wait this out. Should the need arise, the large brute was but a few minutes away his size could be misjudged by an unkeen eye. His speed would not allow a fight to err in the stranger's favor. He would sit this distance away and wait patiently 'twas not his place to intervene.

Were he beta he would not have given this wide berth either. It would be his place at her side.
51 Posts
Ooc —
Fury narrowed his brow in confusion. "Why such an angry wolf? What did do?" The "I" seemed to slip into nothingness when he spoke, his accent thickening. In his time travelling, his mother had been the diplomat, and had such a way with words. Fury had never practiced his orator skills, but he was sure that what he had said wasn't so bad that the wolf before him, no matter how small, should have reacted with such an angry disposition. Maybe her anger make up for smallness, he thought inwardly, trying to figure out what exactly was going on.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
The stranger responded with a question of all things, which enraged the small Alpha. Unwilling to speak calmly any longer, Fox bared her teeth and bristled a split second before running toward the inquirer. She was nothing if not overly protective of her land, and she would not tolerate such insolence. He had two choices: he could either be chased off right here and now, or he could attempt to fight her... with a whole pack at her disposal.

She had not yet noticed Ferdie, but she would. That, of course, was assuming he joined her in her attack. Then again, perhaps he would find her actions unprovoked.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie continue to watch the encounter, The moment Fox stole forward, Ferdie Von Pelt's muscles tensed and he shot up running forward like he had been slug from a sling shot, his nails digging into the soft ground giving him that much more traction while covering ground.

Ferdie Von Pelt cared little about what had bothered his alpha, just that she made a choice and he was going to back her up with everything fiber of his 155 pounds. She had barely made contact with the intruder as he closed in on the pair with his tail held stiff straight behind his body. The brutes lips curled up to show off his teeth and back up the threat of his presence; his growl only an echo of Fox's. If Fox's teeth connected with the male, his own teeth would follow suit right after.
51 Posts
Ooc —
Fury laughed. "I did not touch lands, small wolf. If you want fight, do it on your own and not like coward." Fury challenged the female, though he would not have fought her even if she did try on her own. She was less than half of his size, and he was annoyed that she would even attempt to take on a wolf of his stature, especially when he had done nothing.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Are you guys cool with using T1 style fighting? I don't think it's realistic that Fury would win a fight against both Fox and Ferdie, but feel free to PM me/us if you feel like that's unfair!

Fox heard nothing as he spoke, as she was already rushing toward him with teeth bared. In a flash, she was upon him, jaws wide open in an attempt to grab onto his left front shoulder. It did not matter to her that he thought he had done nothing wrong, for in her eyes, he most certainly had. She had asked him nicely to leave, and he had continued to linger.

With Ferdie surely backing her up, there was little chance that this loiterer would win this fight. He had not made any attempt to escape, so it was apparently his choice to fight the both of them rather than flee.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
truefully it's the only style of fighting I know, I have never be introduced to any other style

Ferdie Von Pelt did not bother to slow down as he came charging at the pair, Ferdie had barely registered that Fox aimed for the shoulder but he had somehow adjusted his obstinate course and Ferdie's open maw full of bared teeth headed directly toward the male ribs at full speed.

Ferdie knew full well when he connected there was going to be recoil or a continued pace that would likely toss the two males both to the ground where they would have to grapple for the upper claw.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
I'm closing this out, since Fury has gone inactive. @Ferdie von Pelt, feel free to reply once more or just have it archived. :)

Despite his words, the stranger did not linger long. In fact, he took off faster than Fox had expected, and she was left bristling alongside Ferdie. “Good riddance,” she growled, shaking her coat to smooth the fur along the ridge of her spine. Fox turned her attention to Ferdie, and her gaze softened a bit. “Thanks for helping out,” she said, her tail wagging in gratitude.

Still high on adrenaline, Fox could not just stand around. “I’m going to go check the rest of the borders. You’re welcome to tag along.” Whether or not Ferdie came along was entirely up to him, but she wouldn't mind either way.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie huffed and smirked at the wolf distancing itself. Fox could likely have handled herself but while he was around she wouldn't have to, He adored the femme and the invite was well received. The softening of her eyes helped him relax he was worried about his status in the pack and if he would be allowed to stay, what he truly wanted was to make the pack happy somehow.

The brute fell into step beside her, adjusting his pace occasionally to match hers keeping his ears and eyes keen for anything else. He traveled beside her in amicable silence for when he spoke he tended to embarrass himself still. Though if she spoke he'd be happy to converse. His tail swayed softly as they traveled the borders.