The Heartwood Don't screw this up!
Zeta
The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
89 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
All Welcome 
Quiet's going hunting! Care to join her?

Quiet wasn't fond of chasing. While lithe and streamlined, she wasn't one to go into bursts of speed or follow at a quick pace for miles. She was a stalker by nature — the long wait for prey before a quick burst of speed. It was with relish that she trailed the muskrat to its den, following its trail silently past the river banks. She stayed further inland, not stalking it directly, but keeping her mismatched eyes firmly on it as it waddled to its push-up den. As it came closer and closer to the little den, Quiet moved closer to the river, and to the muskrat. She paused, waiting for the right moment, praying to whatever dark gods the Dark Brotherhood worshipped, asking them to let her catch this one this time. She was hungry damnit.
72 Posts
Ooc — Noah
Hope you don't mind a fox joining. He can leave if you want him to.

With a bit of interest, Hiraku followed the wolf from a distance. Finally back from the wild's outskirts, he was surprised to already see a wolf. Walking as quietly as he could, he hid behind any cover available. What was she going after again? The fox tried to peak out from his cover, knowing that the wolf could easily spot him if she looked his way, though it didn't matter too much. He didn't really have anyone to care about, and wolves never scared him as much as that one day. He noted the animal she was tracking was a beaver - no, a muskrat. He licked his lips; he didn't eat anything in a long time.
Zeta
89 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
No I don't mind! Hunting success

Quiet hardly noticed the fox that was trailing her as she stalked the muskrat. Her hungry mind was too focused on the little creature that waddled towards the water-den. Quiet, seeing how close it was to safety, decided to strike. With a quick burst of speed, Quiet managed to sink her fangs deep into the rat's neck before it could escape. It struggled, its squealing loud but cut short by Quiet's second bite. The hybrid's tail wagged as she congratulated herself, and she picked the lean creature up.
72 Posts
Ooc — Noah
Being a fox, the thought of theft briefly crossed his mind, but he quickly shook it away. That wolf had the ability to tear him to shreds if she so desired, might as well try to announce his presence. If the wolf was hostile, he could run away and lose her in the forest. He stepped out a bit farther. "Hi!" he greeted, seeing how the wolf would react. He placed on a reassuring smile, but knew it looked a bit forced.
Zeta
89 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Quiet turned to the sound of soft pawsteps behind her. Her eyebrows rose as she observed the seemingly friendly fox. Quiet, unable to speak even without the muskrat clamped in her jaws chuffed warily in greeting, but she was baffled. Why was a fox so friendly to her, a wolf (well she was only 50% wolf but what did that matter?)? Was this some kind of clever trick to steal her food or even hurt her? She knew that some foxes, coyotes, coywolves and even dogs hated wolves so much that they indiscriminately attacked or hurt any wolves that came their way. But was this one of them? His next actions would tell.
72 Posts
Ooc — Noah
His ears lowered a bit. Of course she had something in her mouth, but he could guess that she also rarely talked, like Rowen. This was going to make his life a bit harder. He jumped out from behind his hiding place and scampered out into the open. He believed he still had plenty of room to run away if the wolf decided that he was a better meal, though he only guessed her skills were akin to the average wolf. "Don't worry about me, I'm just interested about what you were hunting." Good job, you crazy fox. You sound like you're going to con her on her meal. He sighed, wishing he would've phrased that differently. "I haven't seen you around. Are you new here?" Whether or not she could answer, or would answer, he might as well try to make himself seem friendly, though it might make him seem more suspicious.
Zeta
89 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Quiet's eyebrows raised at the fox's explanation. Oh, interested in my meal, eh? It was suspicious, but the fox's wince and the sigh that followed suggested that he didn't mean to phrase it like that....but Quiet was still suspicious.

The wolf, unable to speak with or without the muskrat in her jaws shook her head. She was in a way new to this area of the Wilds, but she had been here for a few months now. She wasn't exactly new..but she couldn't reiterate this with the fox.
72 Posts
Ooc — Noah
The fox started to allow his gaze to wander. He quickly became uneasy as the conversation dragged on, or the closest he can get to one. The only solace he could take was the fact she didn't attack on first sight and the fact the muskrat in her jaws prevented her from biting his own head off.

Without too much idea to understand her, he asked a question. "So, I guess you can't really talk. Any way you can respond?" If he couldn't get a means of communication, he would just run away. Might as well not waste her time if he can't even communicate with her.
Zeta
89 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Quiet wasn't surprised that the fox figured out that she was mute. After all, foxes were very clever from her experience. She nodded as a way of communication, wondering what exactly the fox wanted. Perhaps he was just curious, but she could never be sure. She gripped the muskrat tightly, her mouth watering as she tasted its blood. This fox needed to hurry up and give his reason — she was hungry.
72 Posts
Ooc — Noah
Hope you don't mind it ending here
Hiraku decided that he bothered her enough. Any conversation would be hard to manage, and he could smell blood from her mouth. She was hunting, so it wouldn't be the craziest thing for her to be hungry. He decided that wasting her time would be a death sentence, as she might turn her teeth onto him. He started to back up. "I just wanted to see what kind of wolf you were. I'm a crazy fox, so I tend to find it easier to be around wolves. After all, most of them at least talk before biting at me." he let out a chuckle. "Foxes tend to hate me." He started to walk away, before adding, "I'll leave you now." With that, he was gone.