Blackfeather Woods you will fly on your own
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Private 
hoping for @Kendra but whenever you have time to reply is fine! :D

After everything, she had forgotten about her duty to Kendra. It seemed the girl had everything under control herself, so intelligent and independent. But she had made a promise to Burke to look out for the girl, and a check up every few weeks wasn't exactly cutting it. By now, she would have started on her garden that she had told Nemesis about in the winter. But no help, she had made it clear. And she would do very well to abide by the girl's wishes. Although that didn't mean she had to stay away completely. Absurdly, she had become something of a recluse, and now she needed to make up for that, she owed it afterall.

But it was hard, she could not keep up with the plants and the poisons and herbs. She was not a teacher, just yet and had hardly much experiance with being a mentor. Nothing could change that she felt a little hurt that Kendra was infact, flourishing without her. But she was not her kid, and she had no right to feel that way. Burke had said she would never replace Meldresi in that way, and that was perfectly fine, but feeling like she was not needed did not feel fine at all. No, she would not feel that way. It was stupid, and pointless furrowing over something she could not control. Regardless, she had a responsibility to uphold and she wouldn't disobey Burke's wishes because of a feeling, of all things. 
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra trotted through the woods, clearly on a mission. It had probably something to do with the plant she was carrying in her maw. She was pretty keen on having the plant back in the ground as soon as possible. The young girl made some haste on a quick trot. With a full on run she thought that she would break the plant. She couldn't hold it too tightly after all. She needed it for her garden. She was uncertain what kind of plant it was but she had found it at the borders. Now she needed it to go to her garden.

She might have passed Nemesis on the way but she had been too busy to check. She needed to do this. She came to her garden and started to carefully started digging. She placed the root of the plant in the soil and carefully pushed the dirt back to fill the hole with the dirt she dug up before.
[Image: kendra-pixel_zpssjjmu8wj.png]
Peculiar Little Thing
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
The girl did not even notice her, much to her own disappointment. But she did not take offence. The dark furred girl was obviously busy, and she turned the other way to walk. She did not want to interrupt when her presence was no desired. But she could not take more than a few steps when she realised the audacity of it all. She was, what, worried of what a teen thought of her. No, she didn't care that much. She cared for Kendra in a way she had not cared before but she would not be scared of something as petty as rejection

But when she came upon Kendra digging the beginnings of her garden, she couldn't help but to feel a little out of  her league. Plants, soil, green things, it was all foreign to her. No matter, they had other interests and that was that. "I'm pleased you started so soon," A soft smile met her face. She noticed the spring did often wash out plants, especially when the cold had not completely gone and the soil was so muddy. "It looks like it's coming along quite nicely," She was please for Kendra, as she could imagine the whole thing flourishing in the days to come. 
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra looked up when she heard Nemesis her voice. The teenager had not heard her coming seeing that she had been so focussed on her plants. There were a few now. Kendra smiled at her and nodded. "Yes, I am glad they survived it means that I was careful enough with their roots and they didn't die. The roots take the nutrients from the soil you see, so if I would harm those they would be wolves without teeth so they would not be able to eat," she explained and kept her nose close to the plants.

She checked a row of leveled sand. That was where she planted her seeds. She had checked her garden daily but as she looked closer now she noticed that there was a little plant spouting. Instantly the girl let out an excited squeak. "AHHH!! OMG NEMESIS," she cried out in excitement. "LOOK! I MADE A BABY PLANT GROW FROM A SEED," she let out excitedly, probably the most excited she had been in ... forever. Kendra was never loud, more the quiet reserved type.
Peculiar Little Thing
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
She perked up when Kendra dived into the conversation, her explanation was quite detailed, as far as she knew. Soil was just dirt in her perspective, not much more. It wasn't something she considered as a miracle grower, not like how Kendra seen plant life and it's intricate ways. Perhaps that pestering insecurity was all in her head, as it was. "You did!" She shared the girl's excitement. Kendra was growing into her preteen years, and yet it seemed to be going by too fast. Surely she would be replaced after Potema returned, sister bonding and such. But that did not worry her at the moment. All she really cared about was that the girl was happy, and would continue to do so until she was not needed anymore. 

"How you do these things, I have no idea. Even before you were born.. i've never met someone do this quite as well as you," She really was quite awed, as seen on her face. She knew Meldresi to be the best priestess in the Teekon to ever live, but Kendra seemed to be progressing dramatically, even as she was not even an adult. There was no denying she was her mother's daughter. "Have you been taking care of Meldresi's keep?" She hadn't doubted she was after the dye incident. It sounded so responsible, more than she had intended.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
This thread feels so unnatural after what happened x)

Kendra looked with excitement at Nemesis and nodded towards her. She was really keen on getting further with her trade and she did everything she could to become better at it. The female had a lot of heart and was not the meanest on the block, she was mostly quirky but a happy girl, which would very soon change. "My mother was probably better," she spoke modestly and looked at those plants, because after all, her mother was her formats inspiration, even though she could not remember her at all, only some black furred something, but she did not have a face, but apparently he looked a lot like Meldresi.

She instantly nodded. "I have, it is all clean and tidy, you can command check! I even gathered some new plants and restocked some of the supplies we need more often like blueberries and such for the dyes," she explained. "I keep it tidy always. I don't want to disrespect mother. I-- I am think of making a bed there, but.. I think Father would miss me too much, and if I leave Pietro will leave and then he will be all alone," she spoke a bit worriedly. "I think he missed Mother still. He doesn't really have anyone else he is close with... right?"
Peculiar Little Thing
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
I know.. it's so hard to write it without her knowing what's going to happen :s

She had no doubt that Kendra would grow to become as great as Meldresi, even if it wasn't in the same field of expertise. But she wondered how Kendra would see her sister, Potema. They were sisters, but only one had truly known the dark queen. The Blackfeather princess had learnt from Meldresi herself, and had gone to learn abroad aswell. She wondered of that would spark some other feelings.. jealousy even. She only hoped that Kendra would not run away too. Nevertheless, nothing would ever spark the girl to do such a thing as Meldresi's death had done to Potema. "Ah well, you have many many years to learn as she did," Perhaps comparing the girl to her mother was a bit unfair, they were also unalike as they were similar. 

She was glad to know that Kendra was keeping the Keep tidy, as she knew she was. Kendra was learning, above what she expected. It was beyond right and wrong, but what was moral and respectful or not. But moving away from her family, that was a grown decision. "I think that you are growing, and perhaps the family den has become to small for you. Apart of growing up is to make your own decisions and I highly believe Burke will support whatever you do,'' Burke was a good father, as well as Alpha. She knew that much. "It's not like you won't see each other everyday, the Keep is only a minute away," She did not want to persuade the girl if she was not fully ready, but she would offer support, as was her job. "Maybe Pietro will move in with you? Or perhaps he will stay with Burke until he is ready himself. Niether of you are alone, you both got a whole pack behind you," She did consider the fact that Pietro did not have what she and Kendra had, besides his own father. Perhaps Cicero, or Mikasi who had been keen on teaching the children how to hunt.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra thought about Nemesis her words and slowly nodded. Maybe it was good to talk about or at least consider. She scrunched up her nose cutely. "Pietro makes a mess of everything, he is so dirty," he let out. She wasn't clean either but Pietro just knocked things over. She loved him but maybe not to have him in the keep. Nemesis was right that she was close, so why not.

"Maybe I will just try it one night and then go back, switch sleeping places," she thought out loud, thinking that was a good idea. Their den had been rather snug now they were getting bigger. "Thanks Nemesis," he let out excitedly, needed some of that advise.
Peculiar Little Thing
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
fade here? :3

She smiled down at the girl, who was almost above shoulder height now. Time flied, and she couldn't help but reminiscing about Kendra's younger days. Soon, they would have two new additions to the adult ranks. But she didn't like to think so. "Does he?" She laughed alongside the girl, making a mental note to seek out the boy again.

"I sounds like a plan, you're very welcome," She liked giving advice. Was this how Burke did it? She mentally laughed, imaginging herself at Burke's matured age spewing advice to every young'un that passed by. That would not be her, she often thought with her teeth than her consious. She did not like to be impulsive, which was something she was working on. The Malice ordeal was proof that sometimes she had to think and not do, even when the do part seemed way more appealing than abstenance.