Neverwinter Forest This is just peachy
Demon? Manipulative's kinda in the job description.
226 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
All Welcome 

Sage didn't travel very far to hit the borders of Neverwinter, them being claimed so close to Moonlit Hills. It was a problem for her, that is, unless they called for one. She didn't mind their proximity but was sent to speak to one of the Alpha's, well, hopefully one of them. She had no idea what to expect, they could be outright rude, or nice like Goldhawk had been when they first met. The ebony colored girl made sure not to trespass beyond their border, knowing what had happened to a certain wolf when they did such a thing to her pack. The Beta wasn't looking to intrude, just talk, so when her short journey came to an end she lifted her muzzle into the air and called for the leaders of Neverwinter Forest. 

Her interaction with Goldhawk had been friendly, but the yearling Beta was learning not to judge a book by its cover, recently meeting a member of Dark Brotherhood who was rather rude, but finding the pack an ally of their own now. Hopefully, this would result with no trouble and be as simple as a breeze, then again...the girl did enjoy drama rather well, unless it involved putting her own pack at risk, and she obviously couldn't do that. Being the rather impatient girl that she is, the dark wolf began to pace around the edge of their boundary, finding it rather clear with their territory being marked.
[Image: naturalist.gif]—(1/5)
[Image: outrider.gif]—(1/5)
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
sorry if this is short or has errors. Posting from my phone.

Kaskara felt different in her bones. There was something about the way her body felt that was distinctly different now than even two weeks ago. Her stomach felt queasy and she moved more gingerly than before. Something had changed after the night spent in Kieran's embrace. She hoped their coupling would result in her utmost desire: children. As she patrolled the borders that day, she was lost in thoughts of little feet and noses and ears, wondering what kind of mother she would be.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a howl not too far away. The visitor was calling for the leaders of the forest, and being one of them, Kaskara was happy to oblige. At least it would get her mind off the future and the slightly sour feeling in her stomach. Perhaps she'd visit Donnelaith and ask Blue Willow, their healer, about something to calm her stomach. For now, however, her attention was on the wolf that appeared before her, pacing beside the borders. Kaskara allowed the woman a brief nod before pausing a few yards away, standing tall with her ears and tail lifted. I'm Kaskara, the beta here. How may I help you?
226 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
When another fae approached her, she ended her paces to face directly towards the wolf. Her ears perked when the woman spoke, so she was the Beta, just as she was of Moonlit. She felt a bit more comforted with another second-in-command to speak to, versus an Alpha alone. Her position didn't change, but was slightly offended when Kaskara's posture suggested dominance, for the girl had no leadership over her and had no right to think so. Of course, the ebony girl wouldn't dwell on it and just held a neutral stance towards the fellow Beta. "Sage, Beta of Moonlit." she introduced, it was a bit odd for the dark fae to seem so...formal. Though she would have to get used to the fact sooner or later. 

"I've come just to speak with the leaders of Neverwinter, only to assure you mean no harm agaisnt any packs in proximity to you." Not only did Sage wish for Moonlit to be safe, but them now being alliances (somewhat) with the members of Dark Brotherhood, she would have to keep the neighboring pack safe as well.

No problem! And Ah, puppies! So excited ^^
252 Posts
Ooc —
Eshe had been marking the territory and keeping watch for the familiar face of her mate or Goldhawk. She did not know what they'd return with, if anything (or anyone, rather), and her nerves were on edge. Eshe went to the place of Fireflies every other day to deliver things that could be used for her and Goober to set decorate it nicely. Since it couldn't be done alone, she had moved heavy, long branches so that they could build something somehow. It was probably impossible, but that was the point. And if they could build something? Well, she'd learn something.

She came upon Kaskara and a wolf lingering at their border. The scent foretold that the other was no loner, but not from a pack she knew of. Neverwinter had already established some relationships with those nearby and not so near... both quite by accident, and neither of them bad (although one had begun that way). That there was a pack across the river was not known to Eshe because she'd had no reason to travel that way.

The wolf paid no heed to the location that she stood upon. Were it neutral land, certainly the other would have no need to show any respect. But so close to Neverwinter Forest, respect was certainly due, particularly when borders themselves were such a fluid thing. Eshe rolled her shoulders and approached, her plume lifted high over her hindquarters to assert her own dominance here. There was nothing hostile to the gesture, only matter-of-fact. She moved beside Kaskara, taking in the dark female before her. They shared a similar height and build, though Sage seemed a bit leaner around the waist. There was no doubting the other was a pretty female who exuded an aura that made her simply enigmatic. Eshe had arrived in time to catch only the last of what the woman said, but had missed the introduction. Eshe expected herself and Kaskara to be respected at their doorstep; Eshe would pay the same respect to her neighbor if she were in the same position, regardless of the fact that elsewhere she was alpha. Even in not knowing the others rank, she carried no such rank in this forest.

Eshe peered sidelong at Kaskara, knowing the woman could handle this though still wanting to be filled in on what she had missed. The look was brief and her eyes returned upon their visitor, and introduced herself then. Eshe—an alpha of Neverwinter. You are here to ask us if we mean harm? The query was not asked in a voice of condescension, she simply wanted to clarify that she had heard the other correctly.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Well met, Sage. Kas dipped her head in respectful greeting, one beta to another, before turning an ear to listen to the other's words. Kaskara felt similarly to Eshe about respect at pack borders. She didn't think Sage had to grovel or submit, but respect was expected of an envoy and ambassador. Surely Sage knew that much about pack life? Kas didn't comment on it, though, because before she could say anything, Eshe arrived in time to hear the last of the woman's words. The beta dipped her head and settled herself respectively lower than Eshe, to indicate their difference in rank. Kas didn't cower before her sister - she would cower before no wolf - but she did lower her tail and relax her ears accordingly. Eshe's words were clear and true; was this wolf asking if they meant anyone harm?

I assure you, Sage, we mean no harm to any pack. A nod accompanied her words, and again her two-toned eyes found her sister's before turning back to the beta. Has someone told you otherwise? It was an honest question. If someone was saying they were here to cause trouble, Kaskara surely would cause some - with the rumormonger in question. However, if Sage was simply coming to say hello and get to know the neighbors, then Kaskara would remain polite. It was not quite in her nature anymore to be violent, especially with her queasy stomach giving her fits.

I know, I'm so excited!! This is my first in-game litter in years!
226 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
There was no response to her lack of submission, only allowing her to keep her posture to a netrual one. Another wolf made their way towards her and the fellow Beta, Eshe, the Alpha of Neverwinter. Perhaps the second–she wasn't aware. Her small amount of interaction with the wolves of Neverwinter was rather pleasant, and this only added. Not much could be said about them in her mind, so far that is, right now her only concerns for the pack was it's friendliness and if they would affect their hunting. She couldn't allow Moonlit nor Dark Brotherhood to starve, and would fight for it, even if she didn't want to. Fighting was never a thing she liked, so she hoped this seemingly nice pack would stay kind. 

"No, but we've had spats with neighboring packs before, I was hoping we could make a deal involving an alliance of some sort–that, and hunting grounds." When Eshe arrived she nodded her head to welcome them, and to acknowledge that they were there, not wanting to seem rude. Especially to an Alpha, but she did feel a bit uneasy. Two wolves now talking to one, Eshe of a higher rank. Though she preferred to be speaking to the one in charge about such matter as well, so it had its benefits and disadvantages.
252 Posts
Ooc —
When upon her arrival Sage did not submit, Eshe felt her ears thrust forward and stood a little taller, feeling what she expected in the moment was not something that could be confused. Nor was it out of hand for her to expect this of the visitor, who was here on business. Eshe wasn't irate over this, but she fully expected the matter to be remedied the moment her body language called it to attention. Eshe was a nonviolent wolf by nature; she wanted no enemies, but she also didn't want her lax nature to enable others in thinking she, or Neverwinter, was not to be taken seriously.

Kaskara reiterated her question, and when the other answered Eshe pondered this. Neighboring packs? Which? She felt it would be good to know this, lest these neighboring packs come to pester them next. As far as the deal went, Eshe licked her chops. That is something I will have to get back to you on. My mate is out on business, and it is something I would discuss with him. Where is it you hunt? That confused her, certainly; Eshe hunted most frequently in her own domain, where food was bountiful, particularly now. Chimera Fields was open to them, and something they might surely one day utilize... if that was necessary. Firefly Glen was near enough to them, too; and Eshe had sworn she had detected the scent of moose near a territory she hadn't investigated much because it simply looked unsafe to travel in. I missed you introducing yourself—I presume you are an alpha yourself, to propose an alliance...? Her head tilted, her tone remaining amicable.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kaskara remained mostly silent then, leaving the speaking to Eshe. She was alpha, after all, and due to her rank had more say in whatever alliances were decided upon here, if any at all. But she did notice the woman's lack of respect, and noticed that she gave little or no information about the other packs hers had dealt with before. It wasn't exactly fair for her to judge them based on previous encounters, but Kas knew all too well the desire to protect her family.
226 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
"Sage," she said simply before carrying onto the Alpha's further questions. Seeing Eshe's way of expressing dominance, it took all her strength not to roll her eyes. True, if a wolf were on the land of another back they were to show respect, but Sage dreaded the idea. Finding that if you asked for submission you were full of yourself, never once did she point out nor hint that she was higher than another or deserved any respect from them, but wanting to keep this meeting light she lowered herself in a respectful position to keep from any trouble. "Dark Brotherhood, we happen to be right inbetween you and them," she tried to explain best she could how close the pack was from Neverwinter. "We hunt everywhere until Bramblepoint, that being the Brotherhood's ground. With plenty land to hunt from, we wouldn't mind establishing borders." It was rather the inconvenience the other Alpha wasn't around, for she wanted this to be as quick as possible. Oh well, nothing too difficult for her to do. "Alpha? No, I'm the Beta of Moonlit. I was sent by the Alpha, she believed me capable of creating an alliance on my own, besides, Beta's must do something of importance."
252 Posts
Ooc —
Eshe nodded, intrigued. Have we cause to worry about the Dark Brotherhood, as well? What have they done against you guys??? Right in between them... She had not mapped out the areas outside of Neverwinter, but would have to explore. It seemed wise to do so now. She'd do that when Scimitar came back. She wasn't comfortable leaving Neverwinter any less manned than it already was at the time. Where are you guys near? Across or before the river? She had not caught scent of them before in her travels, and presumed the reason why might be the river... She did not know the Dark Brotherhoods whereabouts, but tried to mentally visualize it. She really needed to explore.

As far as the others statement went, Eshe smiled and nodded. Of course they must! They're Betas, after all, her tail waved. The name itself was weighty and to be respected, because betas were for the most part wolves the alphas respected enough to call their second. Still, one never knew... and after being led astray by Goober, she was inclined to ask everything in bold print. So what exactly are you asking, in regards to hunting? We hunt in Neverwinter. If ever the food is scarce here, we'd go anywhere surrounding Neverwinter. Haven't been to Bramblepoint yet, she thought to mention, looking to Kaskara as though to ask, have you? before looking back to Sage.