Broken Antler Fen Shapeshifter
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Joining 
The spring air was spiced with floral aromas - a welcome change from the sharp pine of the North. This new region relaxed the youth as he put more and more distance between himself and the Taiga. Truly, it was no longer his home. Valtyr had descended to the lowlands after skirting away from the Maplewood... an unwelcome, enigmatic unease sending him packing. Now, weary from his journey, he thought of - once again - settling down among his kind. But could he do it?

His travel ended at the borders of a lush territory. The scent of a pack was strong. He howled to summon a patrol to his position... after all, it wasn't his first rodeo.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Welcome! :D

Sebastian trotted through the territory, which was getting more and more lush and beautiful each day. The male was very proud of his home and what it contained. Even though he was still young and quite inexperienced himself, he did what he could. He had a little hiccup with the ladies of the pack but hopefully that would be all resolved soon though. A howl sounded, which made Sebastian grow excited. Someone calling for him!

The tank of a grey male trotted towards the howl which was located at his border. Sebastian approached him, greeting him with a chuff. His tail was at medium height. Sebastian's pale eyes fell on the male before him, a male would probably bring some balance back in the pack, if he were to join them that is. "Hello, I'm Sebastian. Alpha of Broken Antler Fen. What is it you howled for?," he asked. Sebastian was most of the time friendly towards others, only feeling the need to become less kind if someone was rude.
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
It wasn't long before a pack wolf emerged from the treeline. A stately looking male moved between the spring foliage, weaving among bright green saplings and shoots of new growth. He was a silver male in his prime - two or three was Valtyr's best guess - brawny and well muscled beneath his seasonal pelt. Blue eyes met Valtyr's copper gaze only briefly, before the vagabond looked away politely.

The Sveijarn was a tall man; lean compared to the sturdy-looking Sebastian. However, his figure reflected the life of a lone wolf. Savaging carrion was the yearling's primary form of nutrition, and did not often satisfy the young male's voracious appetite. He had done well enough to survive, though.

"Sebastian," Valtyr repeated in an attempt to commit the alpha's name to memory. His posture relaxed a bit, ruddy ears falling to half-mast, "I'm looking to become apart of your pack," he responded formally with clear intonation. "I hail from the North but, ah, some of my ancestors hail from the South. I've been exploring this region and came upon your borders." His gaze briefly looked around the lush purchase, "your home is very nice."

"My name is Valtyr. You can call me Val," he said before letting his voice lull into silence, allowing the sterling alpha to speak.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian pushed his ears forward when the male spoke. He sounded like a good wolf. Sebastian did notice that his body conditions could be a bit better, probably because he had been a lone wolf. Sebastian had the same before he started Broken Antler Fen. It was something that was soon resolved. Sebastian's tail swayed when the male mentioned that he was from the north. So was he! "I'm from the North too, I am sure you will like the south," he returned to the male. "We have some open spots, especially for males." After all, Sebastian liked to bring more balance in his pack.

"Nice to meet you Val. What is it you like doing? Is there something you could see yourself do as a trade?," he asked, he liked to know if the male wanted to focus on, and if that focus would fit. They were just starting out so every trade was more than welcome. Sebastian liked the idea that everyone had its own role in the pack. A few would hunt, others might heal, and the ones with an adventures side might even function as a scout.
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Val listened closely to Sebastian, hoping he would appear astute and orderly to the stoic alpha. First impressions were everything, after all. The Fen's leader was generous with conversation and possessed a good nature, much like Reek - although heaps better looking - and the young Sveijarn felt he could relax his posture, knowing he wouldn't be chased lest he did something stupid. His sooty maw upturned in a smile as he imagine life in the warm southern reaches. The wetlands, here, would be interesting to live among.

As a lone wolf, Valtyr had only been responsible for himself and the idea of becoming specialized in a trade to benefit a group had never really stuck. He had lived with a pack outside of Teekon - but, as an outsider, was never really invited into the inner societal ring of the group. Val's tongue pressed against the back of his front teeth in thought. Hunting was a basic go-to, right? "Well, I believe myself to be a capable hunter," he told Sebastian, "though I'm sure the fauna down here is a bit different." He thought for a moment and added, "I have traveled many places and met many wolves... though I'm not sure I can say I have a huge interest in scouting." Travel was the last thing Valtyr wanted to do. "Maybe this knowledge would lend itself as a counselor or mediator?" He looked to the alpha, hopeful, but unsure. Sometimes manly-men only wanted mercenaries in their pack.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was growing a liking towards the young male before him. The young alpha felt like he could build on this male and that he would pull on his own weight. Maybe it was because he looked like he could care for himself and he had done so. After all the male was still alive. "We have lots of small critters because of the wetlands, and quite some moose, which is our main big game around here, but with a few wolves it is not impossible," he spoke to the young hunter.

Sebastian nodded, they could use a scout, or someone that could represent their pack. Sebastian had a feeling that this Val had the right disposition for it. For Sebastian it wasn't really a tough choice the male was more than welcome. "Well, I can only say that we would be more than welcome to have you," he spoke. "Although just a side note, most of our females are currently in heat or close to wrapping up their heat. I do not tolerate any males breeding them as those spots are for my own future young," he spoke, feeling like he could demand that from another male, it was probably standard but seeing their situation right now he wanted to make that very clear.

'At night we gather at a general meeting place we call the Cove, it is a clearing in our woods. We bring our meals there and rest together." Sebastian really liked the idea of them all together huddled up. It would give them something to talk about, yet also bond by grooming or keeping each other warm. "We are a family, and I hope you will be part of our little family."
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
"Moose?" Valtyr echoed as his ears orbited forth, intruded. He had seen the beast a few times in the Taiga - but they were prone to aggression. The sharp hooves and hulking body of that prey was known to be dangerous, and do the Sveijarn had never challenged such an animal. Deer were an easier target for the pack he had lived in... which brought him to wonder... how may wolves called the Fen their home?

Yet before he could inquire further about hunting strategy in the marsh, Sebastian welcomed the young man into the fold. Valtyr smiled, grizzled tail swaying to and fro happily. "Excellent," he responded, bright gaze looking towards the benevolent leader expectantly. One condition was noted, however: stay away from the ladies. Valtyr could barely contain a hiccup of nervous laughter. He was a passive and calm creature by nature; good-willed and thoughtful in every sense. As a child he had been shy and introverted - and still was to some degree... especially with the opposite gender. In his last pack, he had tried to court one of the receptive females - only to have been thoroughly shut down by the alpha male. An important lesson had been learned that day (one all young, ambitious males seemed to learn)... one Valtyr was not soon to forget,

Val shifted his weight and composed himself, "I understand," he told Sebastian, tone assured in this statement. He did not wish to rouse the ire of the wolf so kind to take him in. Soon, his awkwardness passed. "That sounds unusual," he said, noting that they slept in a communal den, "but I like it. I would be honored to become apart of your pack. What do you call it?" He asked, not knowing the name of the wetlands.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian gave a short nod to the male before him. "Yes, I know they are big but that also means they provide tons of food. We have several wolves working on their hunting trade so I have the feeling that we will all become skilled moose hunters," he spoke. Sebastian was not too bothered about it, because they also had pronghorn coming down from the mountains to their lands, and some small flocks of deer in their woods. He did not have the feeling they would starve to say the least.

"Your new home is called Broken Antler Fen," he returned to the male. "And I am certain you will like it. We are all good wolves here and I am certain that after you spend some nights with us you already feel closer to all of the pack members," he assured with all smile. Sebastian was excited to have the young male. "I will introduce you to the pack tonight, so you can have the rest of the day to explore and make yourself at home," he spoke with a soft nod, stepping a bit aside to sign to Val that he was welcome to cross their border.
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Last post for me! ^__^ excited!

"Thank you," Valtyr said as moved towards Sebastian with a grateful nod, sidling up besides the grand alpha male with a relaxed posture and deferential expression. His burnt ears tipped to either side as his gaze shifted into the lush Fen, savoring the moment by taking in a deep breath to absorb the verdant aromas of his new home. The young man moved slowly into the territory following his new leader's path. "I am excited to learn more about this land and meet the others," he added, noting the nervous butterflies in his stomach. It was an exciting filled with adventure. For a moment he thought about the Glacier... and the Plateau... and the Maplewood (unaware of the shitstorm he had narrowly avoided, there), feeling a bit melancholy of all the past homes he had left behind. Yet, with a bold step he paced into the future and, hopefully, into a new life.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
I will wrap it up! <3 Welcome to the pack!

Sebastian smiled when he clearly made the other so happy. Sebastian liked that the young male would explore the territory seeing that he was technically new to it himself too. Maybe Val would find some new cool things about this place. Sebastian was pretty excited about this all. "I will call you tonight, then approaching the heart of our new home won't be causing you any anxiety. Then others will know you are just new and part of our family," he spoke before wishing him a good day.

Sebastian walked off himself, unknowingly taking on another recruit later that day. Sebastian looked over his lands, he really felt blessed by this territory. It was going to be interesting putting some good foundations here. He had a feeling Val was going to help him with that. The male had potential.

-end-