Redtail Rise Snooping Around
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Preferably for someone from LSG

Spring had started out early in the morning on her mission to go see if Reek’s pack was actually a thing.  Today she traveled to some charred lands, when she caught the scent of Reek, Tavi, Lunar Eclipse and others faintly on the breeze.  Strange... looked like a fire had demolished this spot... but how had one forest fire done this much damage?  She decided right now that that didn’t matter, she had a mission to carry out right now.  She had gotten a little closer than she had planned originally, but she had a feeling that it was fine.  She wasn’t trespassing anyways.

The scent of Tavi, Reek, Luna and the others was pretty clear now, as she neared, the border of the two lands Redtail Rise and Larksong Grotto.  She stopped then.  She was now about a mile away from Reek’s pack’s border.  She would stay here for a little bit, she decided.  Just in case some more information could come across her.  She was sure now though that Reek’s pack was a place.  She was beyond sure.  So even though she knew it put her hopefully still friend, Lunar Eclipse in danger, it was her job to loyally report to Saena about what she had found.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Even after everything, Reek still thought of her.

A mateship, especially such a longstanding one, could not be swept under the rug and forgotten no matter how hard Reek tried. The scorned mate Reek left behind and the unborn children stewing in her belly occupied Reek's mind daily. Ignoring his grief had gotten him though the formation of his pack -- moving forward with Tavi also served as a distraction -- but still, a single word lingered on the edge of his lips; and that word was Saena.

When he thought about her, he slunk away— alone. Pulling away from his territory, Reek sought out Redtail Rise; the place that he felt would always be his home, which happened to be the place where his relationship with Saena began. Spending a silent hour at their lovers leap, Reek dwelled on memories of old and replayed the happy ones in his head, over and over. He wept, but he wept with a smile, as it was a bittersweet sadness.

It took a fair moment for Reek to process his grief, but once the cathartic experiance was over and his watery eyes dried, Reek turned away from the waterfall they once shared with the purpose of heading back to the grotto to return to his duties. However, on the way back, Reek caught the fleeting scent of the Maplewood. He stopped and sniffed at the air; someone's preasence was clear, but he was unsure who. Thinking it was Desna, Reek followed in pursuit.

The source, however, was not Desna... but Reek felt no dissapointment. Eyes falling on Spring, Reek hung his head low.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The noise of paw steps almost instantly caught Spring’s attention, she turned.  The wolf who fell into her line of sight was not one that she expected to see or wanted to see.  He stunk of his new pack, actually reeked... hence his name.  Maybe she would have loved the scent of the Grotto and it’s wolves had their been another leader, but know as Reek’s scent and the Grotto’s engulfed her she was disgusted.  Although her face and features remained blank and neutral.  For the few weeks after Reek had left, she had thought of so many things that she could say to him... so many things, but know she was just utterly speechless.  Finally she conjured up her courage and began to speak, and a summary of everything that she had thought came spilling out like a waterfall, as she completely forgot as Saena’s direct order of "do not engage” for the moment.

“I’m surprised.  You’ve replaced everyone already haven’t you.  I also noticed that you formed rather close to the Maplewood though...”  She paused for a moment.  “Reek.”  Spring spat out her former Alpha’s name with obvious distaste.  “Do you know what Saena thinks about this?  You probably don’t care though... you have Tavi now.”  The female’s eyes slanted, eyeing Reek with distrust.  She wouldn’t be surprised if he already had a new replacement for herself.  Although she had no doubts about Tavi being his new lover, mate or whatever.  “You disgust me."
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Spring's words were more than painful; like knives against Reek's exposed flesh. Each cut deeper than the last until it's final culimation. Head dipping even lower, Reek's ears splayed back with shame. "I disgust me too," he returned, voice low. Each day was still a struggle— an internal battle. Reek waged war with himself over his own greed. Truthfully, he wanted his cake, but he wanted to eat it too. He would have given anything to return to the Maplewood, to Saena's side, but there was still a part of him that wanted to explore the relationship that he had with Tavi. In that, Reek was selfish.

"I never wanted things to end up like this," he continued. In no way had he intended to get thrown out of the Maplewood on the basis of a selfish whim— the draw of a secret romance however was too much to bear. Reek had never been a creature of self-control. For a moment, Reek fell silent as he considered what Saena would think about him settling so close. "She probably hates me." Reek sucked in breath and sighed. "—and it kills me Spring.

Still, the fact that Reek's pack had settled so close was obviously unsettling. Had Reek been in Saena's place, he would have felt the same. "I wanted to stay close for my kids. I know I fucked up, but they're still mine..." His mistakes, he felt, did not diminish the fact that Reek still intended on being the best father he could be.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
"...they’re still mine."

The thought of Reek taking his pups, almost horrified Spring.  Maybe they deserved a Father, but not him.  Reek was cruel and did not deserve that position.  He deserved nothing at this point from his pups.  Nothing at all.  Who knew?  If Reek took them they could become like him.  That was something that she did not want, the mere thought of it scared her.  Those soon to be born pups deserved so much more.  She hoped that maybe they would get a step-father.  Anyone would be better than this raggedy creature in Spring’s eyes.

“Stay away from the pups Reek.  You gave them up when you went of with that annoying girl Tavi.  They are not yours anymore.”  Spring said, in an uninviting monotone.  Her eyes were much deadly than her tone.  Spring’s normally warm, friendly golden brown eyes were now narrowed to the slits with a deadly glare coming from them and if glares could kill, her’s would.  She would protect Saena’s pups from Reek with every last ounce of breath or drop of blood in her body.  They deserved a better Father.  Not this monster.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
To see himself demonized in the eyes of a wolf Reek once -- well, even still -- considered a friend was nearly heartbreaking. Not nearly as heartbreaking as losing the family he had always wanted, but saddening all the same. Reek's downcast gaze shifted upward. Eyes still wet with bittersweet tears from his earlier catharsis, Reek's somber gaze met Spring's hard glare. He remained silent for a moment; still like a stone, until he finally muttered, "I'm afraid I can't do that Spring.

"Saena... She told me she'd let me see them," he continued, clinging to the little hope his ex-mate had provided when he had been cast away from his own pack. It was a naive hope at best, but to think otherwise would have destroyed Reek from the inside out. "I just want to know them," he choked out, voice cracking under his own emotional strain.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
That really struck a nerve when Reek declined her order.  She said nothing as sudden realization of the do not engage order from Saena, alight in her mind once more.  She turned around and began padding away from Reek, making her leave, but she spoke a few more words.  A warning.  If Reek disobeyed her, and Saena did decide not to let the sire of her pups see them, (which Spring was sure would happen, due to the circumstances), she would remove her former Alpha from the pups lives and if she had too... it would be by force.

Spring cast one more glance over her shoulder.  “You know.  I liked you once Reek.  I looked up to you in a way.  I respected you.  Careful what choice you make Reek, one wrong choice could lead to a disaster.  The situation right now with you, Tavi and Phoenix Maplewood is a problem, but don’t make it worse, or I swear I’ll be your worst nightmare.”  Spring then resumed her leave, but then paused for a moment, adding.  “Tell Tavi that Spring said hi.”  Spring then muttered in monotone.  She would report everything that had happened to Saena.  Although she knew Luna could be put and danger and she didn’t really want that, she hoped that Saena would want to bring a fight to Larksong Grotto.  They were too close for comfort.

Probably gonna fade here.  :)
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Having already made enough waves in the Maplewood with his infidelity, Reek was intent on not stirring up any more drama for both his old pack and his ex-mate. He had done enough, and neither they nor she deserved any more trouble by Reek's paw. Spring's warning was heeded, but Reek intended on giving the wolves of the Maplewood no reason to follow through with Spring's threats. Saena's plan had been outlined and Reek would follow it to a tee. When it came to Reek's children, the ultimate control over visitation lied with Saena. Reek would -- and could -- only be a father on her terms.

All he could do was pray she didn't have a change of heart.

As Spring turned to leave, Reek sighed in emotional exhaustion. "Take care Spring," he said, bidding her farewell with a dip of his head. His words were not laced with the bitter taste of sarcasm, but he truly meant her well. The Maplewood, after all, would always be Reek's home.

Taking this as his cue to leave, Reek turned to the north to began the short trip back to his grotto with conscious weighing heavy on his heart.