Firefly Ravine One Less Lonely Boy
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
All Welcome 
@Rain @Lyric : Perhaps Zephyr might get along with one of these two? My poor boy has no friends xD Any and all invited!

Zephyr was out by the river, splashing around in the shallows where he could see the mountains in the distance. It was his favorite place in Seadog's territory, reminding him greatly of his old home. He often played like this in the lake there, but now the black male was alone and feeling the effects of such. He'd made a friend or two by now, but nobody he spent his days with; not yet, at least. He planned on finding a friend he could keep by him, to hunt and protect with, but such things simply hadn't happened yet. Perhaps today? Sighing, Zephyr splashed his snowy socks around in the cool water that nearly reached the sole ivory splat on his chest. His grassy eyes were dull with sadness, though even that couldn't hide the bounce in his steps as he pranced towards the deeper ends. He enjoyed the water's icy touch on his skin after seeping through his think double pelt, and the weightlessness of swimming. Zephyr much preferred the stillness of the lake to the current, but this river would have to do.
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
Rain was out herb hunting with her mother when she came across a huge dark male in the stream. Her mother still far behind, she bounded towards the large wolf inquisitively while she barked a low greeting. 
As her paws hit the stream, beads of water flew up in the air around them looking like crystals as they reflected the sunlight. 
'Hi there! I'm Rain'
Her head tilted in question, her now wet fringe sloping over her eyes. 
'You're new aren't you? Nice you meet you,'
She then nosed up to the male, staring at him. he seemed sad. 
'Are you okay?' 

OCC: 
Just in case you didn't know, Rain is a teenager with brain damage, hence her fast and sometimes odd personality.
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
The weather nice that day, the spring sun was gently pursing its way through the fresh greenery above. Spring had always been Lyric's favourite season, a new change, a fresh start and new beginnings. Just what she needed. She had been picking herbs with her daughter until she realised that she was no longer there, sighing, Lyric began to follow Rain's trail, she was known to wander off from time to time, especially when something peaked her curiosity. Making her way back into the clearing, she spotted Rain and a large dark wolf standing next to one another in the stream, He was very large and handsome, a sleek black coat that shone in the sunlight,along with the four white socks on his stout legs. Approaching, she nodded at him gently and let Rain continue her questioning before introducing herself.
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr looked up, hearing the little wolf-dogs approach. The pup-like female's spirit seemed to lift his own, a charming smile spreading across his jaws. He worried a little, wondering where her mother was. She looked near full grown, but her actions screamed pup to him. Even if he adored pups and would gladly play with her as if he was a pup himself, he could not help but think a parent figure would be sticking close to her. If so, he needed to be careful interacting with Rain; the ebony male would hate to get into a scuffle over good-natured playing.
        "Hello Rain, I'm Zephyr. I am new, only been here a few days or so." 
Ignoring if not enjoying the further wetting of his pelt, he felt his heartstrings tug as the little one asked him if he was okay. It was nice to know he was cared about, no matter where it came from. 
              "I'm alright, just missing my old family is all. What about you? Do you have family here?"
Just as his words trailed off, a pretty ginger female seemed to materialize out of nowhere and head towards Rain. It was obvious they were related due to the similar fur colors and the way she seemed accustomed to following the young wolf dog. He smiled kindly at her, perking his ears and assuming she realized he wasn't a threat. 
                              "Hello, the names Zephyr. Are you Rain's family?"
His grassy eyes gleamed at the idea of befriending the two females before him, tail wagging over the water he stood in.
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
Understanding that the poor fellow was missing his family, Rain nudged him comfortingly, her eyes round in sympathy. Seeing that her mother had arrived, she answered his question.
'Yeah, that's my Mom, She super nice and pretty. You'll like her' Turning to her mother, she was oblivious to her bashful look, while Lyric blushed and squirmed in embarrassment. Rain looked up at Zephyr, it took her head to extend to nearly full 90 degree angle to stare at his large girth. 
'Wow, You're HUGE. What type of wolf are you? I'm a wolf-dog, my dad was a domestic pet. Where are you from? '
She flurried the poor brute with questions, so excited to meet a new friend.
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
Coming closer, she realised that his eyes were a similar shade to her own, his charcoal fur contrasting beautifully. When Rain started to introduce her, she blushed in embarrassment. She wished that Rain wasn't so blunt sometimes. 
'Hello, I'm Lyric, Nice to meet you. I'm Rain's mother, you're new aren't you? Welcome to Seadog friend!'
She smiled at him comfortingly, while looking him up and down. He was very handsome to say the least, Lyric was never a shy wolf, but this wolf made her chest tighten in panic, her heart flutter. What was this?
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr pulled his emerald eyes away from Lyric to focus on her pup, laughing slightly. He liked this little pup! She reminded him of himself when he was just a pup, always keeping his mother on her toes. He listened patiently to each question, tail still wagging, and waited until she wanted answers to give them. He didn't mind sharing with her, or anyone for that matter, he was a very open wolf. Zephyr was a true teddy bear when it came to puppies and females in general, though he strives to be the most gentlemanly and respectful as he can. Despite his size, and he knew he was no small wolf, he was one of the most gentle giants, with a tongue as smooth as his pelt. He'd always had a very good way with words, but never intentionally. It just.... Came. Often, he said whatever came to mind. He appreciated the rawness of one's initial opinion on everything, and would do anything he expected of others. Lowering his head to her level and grinning wide, he gave her the information she wanted.
                       "I'm a Northern Rocky Mountain Wolf, and I come from a place far, far away from here. I've known a few other wolf dogs, but none with your coat. I think you're just as pretty as your mother."
   He looked over to Lyric with the same goofy grin, acting as if he hadn't said a word about her and instead replied to what she said after her daughter.
                                       "Been here a few days, what about you two?"
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
Rain had really taken a shine to Zephyr, he was gentle and sweet, she felt as if she could trust  him.
'We were one of the first members, so we've been here a while. I love it here!'
She then knelt against the male's chest, head leaning up to his own and licked him on the muzzle lovingly.
'I like you, you warm and fuzzy.'
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
Walking further, Lyric stood next to Zephyr while watching her young lick his muzzle. She looked fondly at the cute sight, and leaned in towards him and whispered something.
'Her brain was damaged at birth, so that's why she's a little odd.' She informed him, not wanting Zephyr to feel overwhelmed by Rain at all. 
'And Rain's right, we were one of the first here at Seadog, before we even moved to Firefly, actually.'
She then gave a gentle smile in return for his silly grin, Although the large fierce exterior, he really was just a big softie at heart. Lyric liked that in a wolf.
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr watched the little female press up against him, feeling her warmth seep into his wet fur. He lowered her head over he back, rubbing against her face and shoulder to return the affection. His ear turned towards Lyric as she spoke, listening, and frowned slightly. 
      "Poor girl.... She's had a tough life but that just means she's stronger for it. I'm sure you are too, just for raising her." 
He mumbled back, unsure if Rain was touchy about it or not. He wouldn't want to offend the sweet little wolf dog. He turned his friendly grassy eyes on Lyric with another smile forming, still "hugging" Rain, and stopped whispering.
            "I'm glad you two like it here, it is quite nice. Even if I miss my old home, I think this will be a good place to stay the rest of my years."
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
Rain nuzzled closer into Zephyr, enjoying the cuddle she was receiving and leant against him trustingly.
'I like to watch the fireflies at night, there my favourite thing here, Follow me!.' 
Wriggling out from his grasp, she waddled over to the low embankment by the stream and pointed forward in the dusk sunlight.
'Look! there's some over there.' Rain then lay down on the grass transfixed by the 'dancing lights'  as she liked to call them. 
Fireflies danced in-between each other, as if conducting a strange ballad within the soft purple light.
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
Lyric looked into Zephyr's grassy green eyes, giggled and smiled at him.
Lyric was not used to feeling shy, and foolishly stumbled her words out. 
'Thank you, Zephyr, That means a lot to me. I always worry that I'm sometimes not a good enough mother to her. ' 
She then turned around towards Rain to hide the blush underneath her fur,  but glanced back to him. 
'Well, we might as well join her.' 
Lying down next to her daughter, her tail thumped on the ground next to her, implying Zephyr to sit down beside her.
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr watched Rain with a smile as he listened to her mother, and clambered out of the water after the females. 
          "She seems like she's content with her life, so obviously you did her well."
He lied his giant self beside the pale ginger she wolf, tail thumping against the earth. He was only a foot or so from her, and feeling her warmth was lovely. After months of being alone, it was nice to be this close with another. He noticed her shyness, but couldn't be sure if she was normally like this.
            "I used to watch the fireflies at my old home too. From my den in the mountain, I could see across the entire territory, and they would just blanket the area shining away."
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
Sensing Zephyr lie down next to them both, she relaxed and leant against his fur, nuzzling into his chest as she watched the fireflies gather and swoop within the grasslands.  
Rain easily attached to people she liked, and she automatically decided the Zephyr was a fine candidate for the list of people she liked.  As the sky turned from a dusty rose to a soft purple, the fireflies glowed in unison and started to surround them completely.   It had been an exciting day, and her eyelids were beginning to feel droopy so she lay down the rest of her body on Zephyr and decided to snooze. Before closing her eyes she muttered a soft sentence and passed out of his downy fur.
'Night, night. I love you...' 
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
As Rain fell asleep on top of her fellow wolf, she laughed softly at the sight lovingly.
'Well, looks like you've made a true friend today.'
It made her happy to know that Rain had a sort-of father figure now, growing up with just a herself, she was unfamiliar with males and was known to act out, especially after her confrontation with one a few months back. Zephyr was sweet, gentlemanly  and not to mention quite handsome, Lyric couldn't help but feel slightly attracted to him. 
'You're a very sweet wolf, Zephyr, at my last pack, all the males were surly and cruel, and treated the females like objects, not fellow pack members. We were just the puppy making machines to them, nothing else. It's nice to meet a proper gentleman. Especially one who's a big softie at heart.' 
She chanced it by flirting slightly, not wanting to disturb him at all, all she did was lick his muzzle gently in affection and smiled at him, the dusk light giving her ginger fur a rosy glow.
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr smiled as the wolf dog leaned back, licking the top of her multicolored head as she mumbled. He'd have answered her had she not fallen asleep in the next moment, leaving him alone with her mother. Not that it bothered him, he'd found his green eyes drawing to her more than once. Though she was pretty, he'd had a mate in the past, and had no intentions on taking another. He didn't think it would get to that point anyway, pushing the thought away. 
            "I'm alright with making a friend."
When she complimented him, the ebony wolf clearly noticing her flirting, he couldn't help but wonder if he would one day change his mind. Would he one day move on from Rinda, take a new mate? Maybe have new pups? The thoughts seemed horrifying to him, replacing his family, until he kept thinking about it. They'd want him to be happy, surely? If that meant taking a new mate, would Rinda agree? 
                       "Why thank you, Lyric. I'm flattered. I can't stand males who think they own everything."
Zephyr curled his lip, showing a couple sharp fangs to nobody in particular as a deep rumbling growl echoed from his chest. He cut it off almost at once though, not wanting to wake Rain, but was still clearly upset with said males.
                                  "Think they can just do what they want, go anywhere, claim whatever females they want. Disgusting! Acting as if they weren't RAISED by a female." 
He seemed to speak from experience, obviously very angered. He glared off at some fireflies for a moment before taking a deep breath and looking back to the pale ginger she-wolf once he had his composure again. 
                                                "I apologize. I promise to always protect you, and Rain, from such males. And anything else, for that matter."
He licked her ears gently, tail wagging and back to his sweet self. He meant it when he said he'd protect them, from anything. These two clearly liked him, and he enjoyed the company more than he ever had. He wasn't about to let this go, or let them be harmed in anyway.
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
Blushing violently as the male licked her face,  she nuzzled into him gently, then licked the top of rain's fluffy tuft of hair as she snoozed quietly. 
'Thank you, Zephyr. I'm so glad I'm no longer there, I mean the reason I was banished was just because of Rain. When they found out I was pregnant from a domestic, as well as the fact I betrayed my 'Betrothed' mate, They dismissed with without a glance, and a sharp nip on the ear.'
Shaking her head, she flipped her ear forward to show the chip out of the side. Her alpha, Kaine, was not impressed with her decision to say the least. And the aftermath of it all, the memories triggered in her mind, flashes of past flew through her mind, engulfing her in the grief and sorrow of her decisions. What an idiot she thought, Why did she bring up the topic?, even now it still upsets her. She took a deep breath and looked upwards, trying to hide the tears welling in her jade eyes.
'I'm so sorry, I  shouldn't of brought it up-, Ugh. Its just, sometimes the past seem to catch on up me, you know? Just ignore me OK, What was your last pack like huh? '
She turned to him, a false smile on her face, trying to change the subject, but one or two tears couldn't help slipping down her fur. 
She sank into the earth ashamed. She'd blown it. 
'I'm sorry Zephyr, I probably started you there, It's just, I don't normally talk about my past that much. It's not that I was banished, I mean I hated the place. It's more that. '
Again she stopped. 
'I said I pregnant, What wolf just gives birth to one pup?'

OCC: 
Just so you, yourself don't get too confused. Here's a link to Lyrics back story if you haven't read it. :3 Because that's what she's referencing. I also saw no need for Rain to post since she's asleep. X3 So post ahead. 

http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=14114
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
I even read her bio and I'm not gonna lie, that made me cry a bit.

Zephyr listened patiently, letting her go back and forth with herself before he gave his opinion. His green eyes were glassy with sadness, feeling for the young female. He figured that, now that she'd shared her story, it was time to share his. 
            "I do not mind listening to your story Lyric, I want to get to know you. Though I am sorry such awful things happened to you, even if it made you better in the end."
She smiled gently at her, flicking an ebony ear before continuing with his own past. His eyes went dark as his reminisced, knowing just how his story ended....
                    "I suppose I should go way back to how I came to be. My mother, Twilight, was in heat, and a wolf name Chaser just couldn't help himself."
The snow splashed male growled low, taking another deep breath to steady himself once more.
                            "One pregnancy later, my siblings and I were born, the middle of Winter. I suppose you could say Rain and I are somewhat the same, seeing as the snows in the next few days had killed off the other five of the litter. I was the only one to survive, but I made sure to be the best I could be for my mother, since I was all she had. I grew up, raised and strived to be the best warrior I could be. I was, so much that when my alpha and her beta retired, she chose me to lead the pack. She mentored me through it, of course, as did my beta and the previous one."
Zephyr had to take another breath, this one shaky. His words were strained, and Zephyr closed his eyes. He watched the scenes play behind his eyes as he kept on with the tale. 
                                         "My mother had been sick a couple months, and I'd dedicated each moment to her. I was sad that my duty as alpha had to come before individuals, but I still spent every spare moment with her, shared my den with her. She was so proud of the wolf I'd become. I-It wasn't enough.... She died just weeks after I took lead, and it crushed me. I found comfort in who would, months into the future, become my mate and then eventually carry my pups. A year or so later, our lands flooded and we had to move our dens into the mountainside, thinking it was the only safe place to be. And it was, for another year.... My first pups were born to Rinda, prey flourished, my pack was thriving as it hadn't since it was originally formed! Until a cougar pair came and began picking us off one by one. My second oldest, my son, was one of them. When there was only a few of us left, the pack voted to disband. I took a group and went in search of another home, some others left on their own or in other groups. My eldest, my daughter, was the only pup to not come with me. Instead went with her mate and his brother. I know not of their fate, but the group I led was eventually no more. Syon died of old age, though she stayed by my side as long as she could. My other two sons and my youngest daughter all died from sickness, and a few months later Rinda was taken from me by a group of rouges; hungry in the Winter and angry I wouldn't give them the first prey I'd found for us in days. She didn't survive her wounds, and I took the life of the male that killed her. I was the last one alive after that, and a couple months later, here I am."
  He went quiet for a moment, ears droopy and grassy eyes wet, before looking at her again.
                                                             "I understand being plagued by a hard past, and you are more than welcome to share anything you want to me. Just remember that it is not the past that defines you, it is YOU that defines you. You make the choice to be who you are."
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
Watching the fellow tell his tale, her eyes grew damp as she listened to his sorrowful story.  She had never encountered cougars in her time, but they sounded terrifying.  She pressed against his torso, her head on his neck and continued to hang on to every detail. Beneath his strong, fierce outside, on the inside he was scared and wounded, ones perfect life tragically ruined. 
'No matter how far we run from the past, it will always catch up to you. You will never be able to outrun it or lose it, but we need to learn to stop running and confront it. Only then will we be allowed to continue this crazy racetrack of life. ' 
Zephyr's obsidian coat was warm and comforting, his coarse fur prickling her nose slightly, she began to lick his neck. 
'Maybe one day, we'll be able to move on. Make a new beginning, a new page in the book. Wouldn't that be truly beautiful?' 
She was now staring towards him, her lush eyes full of hope and determination, while the fireflies surrounded them. Their glow reflecting of there own eyes. 
'Wish to do it with me?'
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr felt himself trembling from the effort of telling the story, hoping he didnt wake Rain but unable to help his nerves. Listening to Lyric's words gave him some grounding to relax, though what she said helped little. 
               "I'd hoped to build a new pack, but after my friends were stripped from this world I suppose it is right to say I began to run. Losing Rinda was the hardest thing I'd done, after Twilight's death. I'm glad I stopped and settled though, for I would have never met you."
As the pale ginger female started to groom him, his grassy eyes drooped; it was a comforting feeling, to be groomed, and it made him think of the two female's he'd just spoke of. Looking back at her, though, and those thoughts were replaced with her. It was HER helping him, not his mate or mother. It was her listening to his story, and even if this was their first meeting, he couldn't help but feel connected with Lyric as he met her jade eyes. He found himself wanting to get to know her better, learn who she was and how she acted. The ebony male didn't know what she would become one day, but was more than willing to find out.
                      "One day, I'd like to move on, but I'm not sure I ever could. With you, though, perhaps I could try."
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
She was no longer shy now, all she did was stare at him while he spoke. It was the strangest experience. She had only known him a few hours, but it felt as if she'd known him her whole life, he was gentle, understanding and had a kind heart. Upon hearing his last words, she did not spring at him in joy or sob at his beautiful words, she went quiet. 
She sat and thought for a few moments, was this what she wanted? Was he what she wanted? Connecting her eyes to his once more, two crystal tears wet down her fur, dismissing them, she gently nestled herself against his chest, smoothly and silently. The sky was now a deep azure shade, the fireflies were surrounding them, being the only light source through the thick darkness. Lyric had no plans of her and Rain retreating back to the den for the night, she decided to lie in Zephyrs safe embrace, watching the fireflies. 

'That would be nice.' 

OCC: 
This is my last post from Lyric, you fade? This is so cute.  
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr shifted a little bit, and just in time as Lyric settled into him. The big shadowy male smiled, tail thumping against the earth happily as he readied himself for the night. As she leaned into his chest, Rain still snuggled in against his soft belly fur, Zephyr pulled his hind legs closer as to shelter the smaller wolf dog; lowering his neck and head over her pale ginger mother. His grassy eyes followed the fireflies around them, ears pricked for any sign of danger. He spoke softly into her ear, with a kind finality that said he would protect her and her daughter through the night. They had earned a place in his heart and that meant he was willing to put his life on the line for them.
             "Goodnight Lyric."

So cute :3 Ill go ahead and archive this.