Broken Antler Fen No Longer A Problem
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
All Welcome 
@Sebastian 

Ambrosia slipped out of The Cove in the greyness of pre-dawn. Colors were only just forming on the horizon, sunrise still a little ways off. Her heat was gone, no longer a problem to the young female. To celebrate, she'd slipped away from Brandy and the feather-lined den they'd dug out while in heat. It was only big enough for the two females to sleep, Ambrosia being uncomfortable sleeping as a group while plagued with hormones. But no more! Ambrosia pranced forwards happily, lemon eyes catching the faint light and sparkling twice as much. She'd wanted to wake Sebastian, to ask him to come with her, but after their last talk and her lack of knowing where he was, she'd decided against it. She would apologize for her rudeness later, whenever he found her: which he usually seemed to whether she wanted him to or not. She didn't regret telling him, but she'd wished her heat wouldn't have spoken for her. She was afraid he would be awkward with her now, knowing her feelings. She didn't know whether to hide the fact or openly, but politely, express it. Hiding it felt like lying, but she would do so if she made him uncomfortable. One way or another, she was set on being Seb's friend as long as he would accept such a thing.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian mind had been in quite a whirlwind after even his best friend confessed to him that she liked him. Sebastian felt a bit horrible towards the other two females, but... seeing that they had two new young males maybe there would be a few new couplings, depending how desperate Ambrosia and Fallen were. Still Sebastian still wanted to talk to Ambrosia seeing that he and kinda came up with some new 'rules' about females being in heat, little did he know that Ambrosia had already found that out. He realized Brandy had been missing too a few nights. Sebastian was pretty sure they were together.

Sebastian was in their meeting place, eating from some of the left over meat. His large body needed a lot of meat to be fully filled, mostly he ate small bits but seeing they had a lot of more food left over Sebastian hated for it to go to waste. The male's teeth dug into the older meat. His heavy paws helping him hold the meat down. There was something quite impressive about his size. Though truly he was a gentle giant, ready to have the biggest cuddle session. Hence why he loved that they were all sleeping in one big pile at night.

She can find him this time :P
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
After walking alone and enjoying the cool air for a while, Ambrosia soon felt her stomach rumble its demand of food. Still feeling clumsy in sleep and rather lazy, the long-furred she-wolf headed towards the nearest scented food cache. She could smell Sebastian, but wasn't close enough to realize he was still there. By the time she'd figured it out, she felt she was too close to turn back. Plus, why hide from her alpha? Her heat was over, and it wasn't like he'd been mad at her: she specifically remembered him calling her back as she left. She didn't think doing so had offended him, and instead walked steadily towards the charcoal male.
     "Good morning Sebastian."
She spoke kindly to the massive alpha, but sniffed her way towards the cache for food. She couldn't help watching him from her peripheral, marveling in her friends size and strength.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian lifted his head when he heard a voice. It took him only one second to realize it was Ambrosia. The large male turned his head and smiled at her kindly. He licked his muzzle where there was some blood stains on it. He stepped a bit aside, normally during an actual meal they had to keep to their ranks and he would eat alone, but in this moment where it was just the two of them Sebastian didn't see that it was necessary. Hence why he stepped aside to invade her for food as well.

"Hi Ambrosia. How are you feeling?," he asked, after all it seemed like her heat was over now. She did not smell like it anymore nor did she came over as flirty. The young alpha looked over her. Not sure if she was just here for food or if she wanted to talk to him.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
As Sebastian offered to share, Ambrosia couldn't help but hesitate. She found herself quite shy with the massive alpha since their last encounter, and was unsure if she really wanted to stick around right now. But as she looked fully at him, she couldn't help but smile and walk towards him; subconciously accepting his offer and laying down opposite of the prey from him. She was still taking his moving away from her to heart, and since had given him a good deal of space even if it was hard to NOT curl up next to the handsome young male. The tan and black female felt frustration building up in her belly at her own actions, but didn't change anything. She shrugged at his question, unsure herself how she felt. Though she was ecstatic her heat was over and she could again travel where she wanted in confidence, and alone, she was starting to feel very homesick. Though the territory itself felt more at home than any place she'd traveled, she couldn't help but notice that she just couldn't seem to make any real friends. She'd spoken to others, participated in activities, but hadn't made any friends she could readily go to at will. Her uncertainty shone in her lemon eyes, but she gave a simple answer that wasn't at all a lie. 
           "Glad my heat is over, finally."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian noticed that Ambrosia was getting a little bit nervous. The male just hoped that she wouldn't stay like that. He had the feeling they were starting to be such good friends. "Honestly? I'm glad too," he admitted. "It was probably more uncomfortable for you than for me, but yeah. I hurt a lot of my new members and that was not my intention," he spoke to her, for a moment not eating and thinking back of how everyone had been confessing his love for him while he didn't even realize it.

"Hopefully you don't have to many hard feelings towards me," he spoke to her, trying to spark a good conversation here, hoping that she would open up a bit more toward him and let him know that it was okay, or maybe even not okay.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ambrosia didn't bite into the meat, though she felt her belly grumbling from underneath her. Even if Seb had offered to share, she was still definitely going to wait for him to eat first. It seemed not only polite, but what her instincts pressured her to do. The alpha ate first, of course. Instead she listened to Sebastian, feeling heat flush her pelt as it seemed to do so often around the big male. 
             "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Truthfully, I didn't realize it was me in heat until it was too late, or I wouldn't have come to the pile."
She seemed to ignore his last comment for a moment, but sighed and shook her head.
                    "Don't worry Sebastian, it's not you I'm mad at."

She flicked an ear, turning her face away sheepishly. She didnt lie, she wasn't really mad at him. Upset for moving, maybe, but that was more jealousy than truly being upset. It was herself she was mad at, and her heat.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at her when he chewed on a bit of meat. She did not eat yet, but he was not pushing her on to eat after he gave a clear invite. She showed a lot of respect and Sebastian could only accept that. "It is okay Ambrosia," he returned. "I was not that uncomfortable. I just wasn't sure what to do," he explained. His tail began to wag when she told him that she was not mad at him. He let out a soft nod with one of his handsome smiles. He didn't do it on purpose frankly Sebastian didn't even know he had one.

"I'm glad. I think you and Brandy could be a great asset to the pack. Brandy has been hunting a lot already. How have you been doing with your trades?," he asked, sounding curious. He knew Ambrosia being in heat might kept her from doing more but he was still curious what she had focussed on first.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
After watching Sebastian take a chunk of meat, she couldn't help herself any longer. She ripped a bit from the carcass before them, placing it at her paws and ripping of bites as they went on with their conversation. Despite his usually cheeriness, the tan and black female just couldn't seem to put life behind her worried eyes.  It was all she could do to keep her voice level and calm. 
       "I participated in a race, of sorts, with Kinra and Pearl. Other than that, my heat has prevented me from leaving The Cove much."
She didn't mention that she was simply unsure of how to go about training more, but she'd already guessed that Kinra could help her. She'd been helping Brandy, after all. It was more her own insecurities that prevented her from branching out.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at her and saw her worry. He was not sure if that was worry because she felt like she hadn't done enough or if it was something else. The young male inhaled softly and looked at the female. She might have a crush on him but she didn't look so happy with herself. She should like herself first before liking others. "That sounds fun, though have you thought about trades? Like caregiver maybe because you have been taking care of Brandy! And you know, maybe you could become a medic like me," he offered. "Not sure if you know a lot about plants. No pressure, though maybe if you find a trade you like you feel more confident in what you can do," he smiled at her. "Because I can see it but I have the feeling you don't see it yet," he spoke with genuine care in his voice.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ambrosia kept her lemon eyes on the meat she held between her paws, dwindling with each bite. It likely wouldnt fill her, but there were more important matters at hand than filling her belly. She was well aware of Sebastians worry, but it slightly offended her that he would think she wasnt confident in her skills. Her skills were the ONLY thing she was confident in right now, it was her heart she doubted. Then again, she knew she wasnt being vocal about her thoughts and had no right being upset at him jumping to a conclusion she was likely pointing to. The young female settled her thoughts by deciding to go with the conversation, let Sebastian think what he wanted. Sooner or later, she'd tell him what really bugged her; she felt the two lacked the bond she preferred to share closely personal things, even if she was sure one of his charming little smiles would set her talking no problem.
          "I will always be a warrior at heart, and I know being a guardian is something I would like to do here. But I would like to learn something new, and herbal knowledge seems good to have."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sorry yesterday my internet dropped and I couldn't get back on.

Sebastian nodded slowly when she spoke about being a warrior, and wanting to be one. "Well maybe we could do a patrol together one time," he offered to her, curious if she would be willing for that. She did seem interested about knowing about herbs. "Well if you only want to know about herbs and other plants instead of the medical trade you could become a botanist!," he suggested to her.

Sebastian would encourage wolves to find their passion so they would feel even more at home and most of all valued in their pack. They were all pretty new to this, and Sebastian wanted every member to feel at home with his pack. He hoped that talking with Ambrosia and his other members would also make that clearer.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The mention of a patrol brought her ears up and her lemon gaze to his pale one, tail tip wagging just a few times before stilling again. 
           "You can call on me for a patrol anytime Sebastian. I'd be thrilled to join in and pull my weight."
At the mention of plants, she quieted and imagined her life before, training to be the best lead protector, and that possible future. Plants sure seemed dull compared to that. After taking the last bite and chewing carefully, thinking about what she wanted to do, she ripped off another chunk. She wasn't sure the botanist life would be one she could focus on, just working with plants. She needed to keep herself active, moving, and in the action: learning about plants didn't seem so appealing. Travel, however, did. The female was obviously mopey and down, perhaps keeping her paws on the move would remedy such feelings. 
               "Perhaps a scout of sorts though, that might be something to look into."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded towards her. "Duly noted!," he spoke instantly because he could always have help with the patrols. Their scent was finally becoming a trademarked scent. This was their woods. They were BAF and they were going to make it. The large male smiled at the idea and then looked at Ambrosia when she suggested another trade for herself, which was the best way in Sebastian's eyes.

"Well I am in need of a scout. You seem the right kind of wolf to be an ambassador and maybe even recruit some loners out there in the field,"
he spoke encouragingly. "I say go for it! Though do let me know when you go with a howl or come see me, because then I would not look for you at night before we go to bed."
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ambrosia nodded, still a little downcast as she ripped off another bite. She, too, had noticed the scent. The borders were defined, and each of them carried the scents of the wetlands and their home, as well as their scents mingling. They were Broken Antler Fen, but Ambrosia felt out of place and it showed. When Sebastian approved her scouting, suggested the jobs that came with it, she found herself nodding. That would be a more suitable thing for the tan and black female to spend her time doing. 
      "I would definitely be happy to help swell out ranks. Don't worry, I'll let you know somehow when I leave be it by howl or through mg daughter if I cant find you. When would I be going and to where?"
She knew little of the trade, but was very willing to learn.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian slowly started nodding, clearly thinking of what he could send her to. Soon an idea sprung in her mind. "I think soon, if you like that?," he offered to her. "You could go to Redhawk Caldera and introduce yourself. Tell them you are from my pack, they know me. I have been a loyal member there, and that you are my ambassador. Maybe bring them a gift. A nice moose pelt perhaps?," he thought out loud. "It could be a thank you for being so cool with having us."

"What do you think? You could also explore where ever you want to go and report back to me what you found. I know what is mostly around these area's but yeah. There might be some points of interest?," he spoke, though he sounded questioningly. He never really guided someone into the scout trade before.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ambrosia lost herself in thinking as she finished the chunk of meat she held. By the time she was done, she seemed to have made up her mind. Already, she seemed a little bit brighter, cheerful. Her mind was off of her memories, off of the burdens on her shoulders; better yet, she would be EXPLORING! For a LIVING! Isn't that cool? Her tail wagged behind her, more genuine this time than the last, and her lemon eyes shone with excitement. Perhaps this would bring out the real Ambrosia, the one she was before all her troubles with Midnight. 
        "If you could tell me a bit about the alphas before I go, that'd be great. We would have to call together a pack hunt to take down a moose."
She tipped her head at him as she asked, knowing it would be the first real pack activity so far in the fen. 
               "Brandy will be sure to enjoy that. She's never taken down anything bigger than a fawn, no need to when you're always on the move. It'll be good experience for her."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded slowly to Ambrosia, thinking once more. It seemed the female was more excited. "They are good friends of mine actually. Fox is the alpha female and Peregrine the alpha male. They are basically the power couple. Peregrine can be grumpy to strangers, but is actually quite okay. Fox too, once you are in her pack, but she will be busy with their young. That's it! Maybe we can bring a birthing gift for the pups, something cool for them to play with. Those the moose hunt is a generally good idea," he admitted to her.

"Then you have the two beta's Elwood and Finley, they are great actually. All of them are great. If you just introduce yourself, say that you want to become a scout and ambassador for my pack, and just say hi, learn the location of their ground and all that, they will probably have conversation with you. Maybe ask about me, so you can tell them. They are good friends of mine."
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ambrosia nodded, listening. It seemed like Fox and Peregrine would be a bit territorial, especially with pups around, and she would need to be careful. Knowing Sebastian would earn her brownie points it seemed though, and for that she was glad.
         "We could take an antler or two for the puppies to chew on and play with?"
Appealing to the parents might make her job easier, and the alphas happier with both her and Broken Antler Fen. S[size=x-large]he used to chew on deer antlers when she was a pup, often playing with her sister and wrestling over the ones their father brought them. She herself had found some for Brandy when she was younger, and played with the only pup. [/size]
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Ambrosia was clearly a wolf that was full of good ideas. The large male nodded excitedly. "That is an excellent idea. We have enough of them laying around the fen and it would be a good toy for the pups, especially if their teeth need to loosen up," he spoke and nodded. "Very well, bring them a set of antlers. It will also be a great token," Sebastian then thought out loud. "Ambrosia, seriously you are quite the gold mine with ideas. I hope you know that," he spoke to her with a smile on his lips. Sebastian thought that would be a good idea, and Ambrosia was a calm female, he could see her getting along with any wolf of the upper tier. She was a good one and so far a great help.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ambrosia seemed to sit up a little straighter at his thanks, tail thumping on the earth behind them. She was, obviously, a female who needed to stay busy and serve her pack to be content. She ran on the happiness of those she served. Now that she didn't have a pup to coddle and raise, there was too much time on her paws and nothing to fill her time-and mind. Sebastian had effectively helped such a problem in a way she wasn't aware of. It wasn't protection in the way she was used to, but that just took another perspective. She wouldn't be physically protecting the fen, but preventing it from getting that far.
       "I'll go searching for a nice big pair later. Thank you, Sebastian."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded at seeing how much a task did her well, maybe in the future he would give her more tasks because it seemed to make her feel valued. "No problem. Good luck!," he offered to her. Sebastian watched her leave with a more happy tone in her step, to him that meant more than she realized. Because as an alpha he had to give guidance and he had the feeling he had just given that to her. The male smiled in the direction she left in and then went his own way too.

-the end-

thank you !! :D