Larksong Grotto My lungs will fill and then deflate inhale fire exhale desire
Gamma
53 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Heat thread for Eslani, spring is in the air after all. @Reek @Ditty @Tavi IDK. Anyone from Larksong Grotto I guess:P

Eslani padded along the forest, her daily rabbit from the warren tucked in her jaws. She dropped the rabbit in a nearby cache, before realizing that something was wrong. Her heart felt like it was melting. Her body felt fine one second, but she began to feel like all of the blood from her head was circulating in her pelvis. She pulled her lips back in disgust, as she knew what this was.... Her pupils waxed and waned, hormones pumping through her body.

It was hard, as she knew that her next few weeks would be restless. She wanted relief, a mate to cure this disgusting problem. A gargle came from low in her throat. She whined, loudly. "Damn it body!" She sneered, bristling. She grabbed her tail between her jaws and pressed down lightly, trying to distract herself. When it didn't work, she dropped to the ground, knowing that she would run to a male if she allowed herself to walk. Even the blood Goddess couldn't conquer this enemy...

Heat    
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
i am neither tagged nor male but maybe a friendly female will be good news? (:

The world still felt foreign on the tongue of the dark Epsilon. She had grown accustomed to the new duties here in the Grotto, but she still felt that she was learning her way around. No matter, she guessed, she'd get used to it someday soon. When she woke up that morning, she was laying half in her den, her head and paws covered in the morning dew from the outside world. She groaned, crawling from her hole and shaking out her damp front half. Bowing, stretching, and letting out a magnificent yawn, Jhala discovered that something in the Grotto was different- more different than usual.

She set out, the strange scent not being far, and found a  dark female crouched low to the ground. Jhala tilted her head, unsure of who this stranger was and why she smelled so odd. She smelled like she lived here, but also different... She didn't understand it. Letting out a low whine, the girl requested permission to approach her, her tail wagging behind her. "Hey... I'm Jhala... Are you alright...?" she asked quietly, head falling to the other side.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
While Tavi remained distant and sequestered from the rest of the pack in their shared cave, Reek felt at ease to know that she was finally back -- safe and sound. Now that she had returned, Reek would be hard pressed to let Tavi out of his sight again. While it was not his conscious choice to clip her wing-span and keep her close in the grotto, Reek was guided by strong paternal instinct. Nevertheless, he didn't figure she'd be taking off anytime soon— not with the injuries she had sustained with her last foray with wandering.

Reek left the cave with intention of making a beeline to the cache to nab himself and Tavi a quick lunch, but was quickly distracted by the cloying scent of heat. A instinctual temptation lingered in the back of Reek's mind, however, he was intent on not making the same mistakes he had made in the past. He did not need another litter, and would fight the instinctual pull at all costs. Still, a wolf in heat needed to be addressed, sequestered, to protect the pack from a bastard birth.

Reluctantly, he set off in the direction of the scent. He kept his distance. Spying from the ridge, he saw both Eslani and Jhala. The source of the smell was obviously Eslani, as Jhala was only a yearling and still sexually immature. Reek's hackles bristled and he lifted his tail high. Resisting the urge to press forward and partake in his most primal urges, Reek instead called out to Jhala, "She needs to be sepearted." He didn't trust himself to do so himself. "Can you do this for me Jhala?"
Gamma
53 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Eslani was dumbfounded. Separated?  "Wait, why do I have to be separated?" She question curiously, a trait that was not often in her appeared. "I'm not going to breed with anywolf without your permission, and without my consent of him...doing anything. I can defend myself well, as you know. No male is getting to me. Most of us are females, too." She spoke, tilting her head in confusion. Again, not herself. This was her first heat, and though-yes-she did feel the urge to run to @Reek, she knew that she could keep it under control. She was, after all, one of the strongest wolves here in the grotto. Under no circumstances would she mate with any hormone-possessed male. If one did try to make a move on her without her consent, she would bite his fucking dick off.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala felt the same as Eslani did- separated? What did that mean? Why did she need to be separated? She was not one to question, however, and resorted to something she was best at- following orders. "Yessir," the dark girl nodded to Reek. She hesitated for a mere split second before she turned back to the female. "You can stay with me in my den," she offered quickly, attempting to block her from Reek, although she wasn't really sure why. She didn't understand the situation, and even further was she confused when the dark woman resisted. Control herself? From what? 

Jhala was roughly the same size as this woman, thicker in build and slightly shorter- when fully grown Jhala might even be taller. She understood this size issue, and wished that Reek would come help her a little- but it seemed that he wanted nothing to do with this fae right now. She swallowed her issues and followed orders, beginning to attempt to herd the girl away from her alpha. "My dens not too far," she told her. 
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Eslani shouted back, confusion evident in both her voice and words. It wasn't that Reek didn't trust Eslani's ability to fend off any potential suitor for herself, it was that, like himself, she would be unable to control herself should the situation arise. At this point, Reek was far past the threshold of taking any chances. He was dead-set on changing himself, and sequestering Eslani was a step in the right direction.

"I can't risk it Es," he called back from the ridge, standing firm as Jhala tried to corral her away. "I'm sorry if this is an inconveniance, but I can't have you running around right now. For the next week, you'll be under lock and key."

Had Reek not know his own weakness in this sort of situation, he would have decended the ridge to help Jhala. However, he did not trust himself to move any closer. Instead, he began planning his escape.
Gamma
53 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
All of Eslani's emotion disappeared, and her face became that of a poker player. She let her eyes lay on Reek for another moment before she turned to follow Jhala. Her pelt lay completely flat and her posture was neutral. She gave a final glance over her shoulder. "Alright then, goodbye Reek, I will see you at the end of the week. Good-hunting to you." She was upset inside, but loyal to the man who had invited her into this pack. She gave an absent-minded smile and trotted on, not wanting to be touched by the yearling. She didn't know her very well after all, so it would be best if the young one gave her personal space. She carried herself off then, but was not defeated. She would come back at the end of the week stronger than ever, just to show @Reek how wonderfully she could care for herself. Then, maybe he wouldn't worry about her in her next heat.
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Helloooo ladies. And, a fixation of sorts in Ditty's mind — hellooooo puppies. He was looking forward to both these things as he dutifully followed his nose onwards. Nothing could stop him from finding this special lady and makin' some pups, surely. Well, nothing except for Reek, of course. Ditty noticed Reek's scent far before his own approach and when he came closer, he made sure to keep his distance. Ditty hid along some underbrush, hoping his fur wouldn't give him away, and hoping Reek'd leave soon because ladies!
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
slgiht pp! hope that's ok- message me if not 
Thankful that this 'Es' hadn't argued, Jhala let out a soft sigh, smiling and ushering the other alongside her. The black female walked just in front of Jhala, mostly because the yearling had dropped back to make sure she wouldn't try to run off. Once Reek was out of sight, the girl picked up her pace to walk somewhat closer. "I uhm... why are we hidin' you?" she asked quietly, embarrassed that she had no idea what was going on. "I don't mind the company and stuff but- I'm a lil' lost," she added, her ears lowering. 

The girl was unaware that the orange wolf was nearby, waiting.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Though obviously confused, Jhala was quick to do her duty in leading Eslani away to be guarded in her den. Reek breathed a sigh of relief, and if he could, he would have patted himself on the back for a job well done. The only bastard litter the grotto would see would be his own. More pups meant competition for both Tavi and her litter, and that was something Reek would not have under his rule. It was simply a road he would no longer follow.

Once they were out of sight, Reek felt at ease. He turned away to do what he had set out for in first place: to grab Tavi something to eat from the cache, but as Reek turned, a glint of red caught his eye from under the brush.

Ditty? Reek thought. He was sure it was. Remaining still for a moment, Reek squinted for a better look at his subordinate, who seemed to be hiding out to follow Eslani when the opportunity arised. This was exactly what Reek sought to prevent. He approached, posturing himself in a dominant manner. Tair erect and ears pinned forward, Reek looked down at the coywolf and spoke, "Ditty... Are you planning on following her? Be honest."
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
since Eslani said her post was her last i'll just go ahead and reply again :)

Ditty licked his lips as he watched everyone take off, and he was just about to sneak from the brush and follow the pretty girl and her bodyguard (no problem ladies, enough Ditty to go around) when Reek showed up right next to him. Wha — hadn't he just gone off in opposite direction? Where did he come from? Ditty obviously hadn't been sneaky enough, or something. "Shii — I mean, hi Reek!" Ditty said while he made himself smaller. "Maybe I was." He'd intended to add, 'and maybe I wasn't, who can tell', but the words got stuck in his throat and now he sounded about as guilty as he was. Darn it.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Ditty's response was panicked, like a child caught red-handed stealing from the cookie jar. At least he had been (somewhat) honest in his reply and had not tried to disguise his intent of stealing away with Eslani to do in secret later. That would have been all too much like himself for Reek's taste. He could respect Ditty's strait-forwardness , however, Reek needed to shoot that shit down now. "I like you Dit..." he spoke, shaking his head.

"But I swear, if I find you anywhere near Eslani while she's in heat. I'm gonna have to make you eat your own balls." A smirk played across Reek's features and his shoulders rolled forward in a shrug. It seemed a fair trade to him. "Clear?" he asked, hoping his message had been thoroughly recieved.
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
It was clear from the expression on Ditty's face that Reek's message came in right and clear. Ditty wanted to defend his manly right to have puppies — because puppies were cute, and fuzzy, and he would make the best dad ever! — but instead all he did was nod rapidly in a yessir manner and then turn away, drooping off with tail tucked between legs, almost as though he was protecting the prize that Reek claimed he'd take were he to do any breeding. He very clearly went in opposite direction of Eslani, wanting it very clear that his intentions weren't to go see her.

Once alone, Ditty curled up somewhere and frowned while he thought about the situation. His own mind was clouded by the unknown lady — Eslani — while he thought of the pro's and con's of going after her again. He was mostly just really hyped up with the thought of having pups of his own. He was two now, and his biological clock was ticking like crazy, driving his mind so loopy he was actually considering the pro's and con's of this situation.

Then there was option number three, which entailed high-tailing it out of here before he could finish weighing off the pro's and con's. Ditty let out a heavy sigh while he continued weighing his options. The sigh was 'cause all of his options were equally poopy.