Larksong Grotto to conquer, first they must divide
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
All Welcome 
Tavi was a shitty alpha. Really. She knew this painfully well. What kind of person absconds (or rather elopes with the husband of a friend? And better yet, gets pregnant by that same man? Then to run off the way she did, to get hurt, to put herself and the life inside of her in jeopardy... With a heavy breath, the woman shoved those thoughts as far back in to her mind as she could. The cavern was still her home, for now. It was big enough to keep her sheltered for a while, and with Reek bringing her food from time to time, all she had to do now was wait and fatten up.

She may have felt like some kind of brood mare, or whatever the wolf equivalent might be, but it was safe this way. No harm could come to her — although, she did think often of her options. How much worse could things get if she were to suddenly vanish? Arkham was a strong contender in her mind; and Reek was gone now — not permanently, obviously, just out doing his duties since Tavi was ignoring them — so she had hours to waste away.

With a soft sigh, Tavi stowed her feelings and dared to pass out of the cavern mouth. She poked her nose out at first, sniffing at the air, and then once the sunlight touched upon her face she was striding confidently out. The world was very open outside of the cavern and she felt oddly exposed, so the woman kept close to the natural columns of rock and debris, ready to bolt back inside if the need arose.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
hello :)

Aspen had taken herself on an adventure of sorts. She was out scoping out the territory looking for things to see or wolves to meet. She treaded carefully over the land and it wasn't long before she picked up the scent of a wolf she didn't recognize. This wolf was however from her pack, so at least it wasn't a threat. 

Aspen followed the scent trail until she reached an area just outside a cavern where she caught a glimpse of a pale gray she wolf who looked very similar to Aspen herself. Aspen paused for a moment putting pieces of the puzzle together. This she wolf was the only wolf Aspen had seen so far that resembled herself, perhaps this is who Reek had mistaken her for that first night.. Which meant. This wolf was possibly named Tav. Aspen dare not speak the name though in case it was wrong or a nickname that only Reek used. 

Aspen approached slowly tail low and ears tucked respectfully by the side of her head as she let out a small chuff and dipped her head in greeting. 

Short post is short
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
She found a ledge swiftly enough and settled there, slumping back upon her haunches uneasily. Then, when that stopped being comfortable after a few seconds, she lay belly-flat. Maybe it was the fact she hadn't been here in days, or maybe it was just the wounds across her body that irritated her, but Tavi could not get comfortable. Who could get comfortable outside in the dirt, though? There were too many sharp rocks and sticks and things; but that wasn't her problem. Tavi had no way of knowing that her belly had begun to swell. That the fur of her most tender bits of midsection was thinning out. Soon she may notice the change in her teats, but currently she was thoroughly concerned with her own comfort.

The woman was barely settled when she heard the soft boof of another wolf. Tavi was abruptly lifting herself then, and turned her deer-in-the-headlights eyes upon the stranger. The brief fear coupled with a wave of confusion as she looked upon herself — not really herself, but someone who looked eerily similar. The fur along her back prickled, and she half-stepped to make up for some discombobulation.

Who're you. She stated flatly, demanding an answer rather than being in any way amicable; Tavi was on edge ever since her return, and she felt even more defensive when faced with her doppelganger.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen watched as the female approached slightly but she seemed rather cautious and on edge. Bad timing? Aspen shook the thoughts from her head. She was determined to prove to this wolf she was of no threat to her or the rest of the wolves of the grotto. "My name is Aspen, I am a new recruit to Larksong by the other Alpha Reek," she said being sure to note the doppleganger's dominance in the rankings. 

She offered a somewhat warm smile to perhaps reassure the she wolf that Aspen was friend not foe. "It appears we look a lot alike," she said with a small laugh. It would be interesting to see how often the Grotto wolves got them confused. It just meant Aspen had to be extra careful with her body stance when in the presence of other wolves. So as to avoid any mistakes.

Hm. Appears i couldn't think of a lot to write :/ Short post is once again short. Ill figure something out cx 
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
It appears we look a lot alike— Tavi heard this and flicked an ear; it was an idle comment that should've meant nothing, but to the Alpha it was disconcerting. The woman swiftly tacked Aspen to the growing list of potential replacements - the kind that Reek might show an interest in. This line of thinking did little to ease Tavi's worries, and in fact, she lifted her head and took on a more dominant posture before the other woman.

Mm, yep, that'd be me. The other woman. She slurred this with haste, and while her body remained rigid and her expression clearly showing signs of annoyance, Tavi's voice was a bit more mirthful. She felt her gut twist after speaking though, aware that she'd just tried to make a joke out of a pitiful segment of her life. Was it in poor taste? Probably. But Aspen didn't know that. After a few seconds of staring down the gray woman, Tavi sat back down and stared out at the sloping vista around her. I guess Reek has a type. She commented next, more to herself than the new arrival.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen took some offence to the rather annoyed reply that was received to what Aspen thought was supposed to be a funny and light-hearted comment. Yep. Bad timing. Her mind replied to its prior thought. Seemed this wolf had a lot of problems, and the slender she wolf that looked like her was now among them. 

Aspen dipped her head a bit more apologetically. Even though she had no idea what it was she had done wrong. She didn't need the Alpha female disliking her. "I'm sorry if I have offended you in some way, I really didn't mean to," Aspen commented respectfully. 

Aspen watched as the she wolf's glance faltered back over the territory as she muttered something Aspen couldn't quite make out. Aspen didn't know what to think of this wolf currently but first impressions weren't the greatest. Still, Aspen persisted probably annoying the Alpha further but at this point it didn't matter. Aspen took a few steps over and glanced out over the area. It was quite beautiful even from up here, although despite this place being a great place to think. It was taken by the Alphess. "You two picked out a really beautiful place. I'm especially a fan of the lake," Aspen stated glancing once or twice at the she wolf as she spoke.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Tavi wasn't being fair to the new recruit, but she wasn't mindful enough to care right now. Her hormones were erratic, for one thing. She had never been very close with any women growing up, and if she thought back to the Maplewood, she would've recognized a lack of friendship there, too. Maybe that was why she hadn't been against sleeping with Reek in the first place. She just didn't respect anyone — and now she didn't need to. Tavi was the Alpha here, and nothing could take that from her.

Except for the other women, she thought. Tavi huffed softly when she heard the other woman's statement, knowing that it wasn't her fault for her behavior. She wasn't going to apologize though. It's okay, she offered instead, responding to Aspen's comment about the land itself; I would've been happier in the woods, but... Again, that was a story from another time, and Tavi was just bitter about it.

Bitter and hormonal.

Have you lived anywhere like this before? There we go, that was less bitchy. Her tone remained neutral this time, so while not being overly enthusiastic about the ensuing conversation, at least Tavi wasn't trying to bite her head off. Its pretty bare.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen listened as the Alpha explained she would rather have lived in a forest but she stopped halfway through a thought. Aspen decided there was probably a good reason for that and did not further question the she wolf.

The alpha asked her if she had lived anywhere like this before and Aspen gave a slight nod. "I was born up in the mountains, it was rather barren up there," she said remaining rather vague about much of her past. "I liked it there..." Until shit went down. She thought about saying but decided against it. "Since then I've been in a wide variety of places," Aspen stated. None of which made her feel at home, or safe. Her mind felt inclined to point out.

" Although, I prefer to hunt deer and small prey so living in places where main source of food is birds is a bit of an adjustment," Aspen explained pushing her rather annoying thoughts out of her head and reflecting on the conversation she had with Luna recently. She had been practicing hunting birds. Her luck had been little but she was dealing. "So, if you aren't fussy on this place, how come you're here? If you don't mind my asking that is," she said rather calmly. Things seemed certainly a little less tense, but Aspen feared that question might make things worse.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Yadda yadda - small talk just wasn't her thing. Especially now. So she listened, feigning some level of interest, but it was probably quite obvious that Tavi was just halfheartedly paying attention. Maybe if this look-alike did not feel confident in her hunting ability or the harsh terrain, she'd leave? Tavi wasn't about to run her out, she was a new recruit and the Larksong could use as many bodies as they could get; at the same time, she couldn't help the nagging sensation that worked its way through her mind. She's just like me, Tavi thought. Reek might use her too, one day.

How come you're here? The woman asked her, and Tavi shot her a sharp look, her jaw briefly clenching. When she looked away, she tried to exhale the many different emotions working through her system, and shifted so that the discomfort was off her belly. 

If you don't mind me asking that is -- 
I do mind. She was observing the wilderness now. The columns of stone and the great walls that held her in place. She didn't trust herself to look at Aspen right now, not when so just wanted to chase her — and all the other women in the pack — out of the pack for her own selfish desires.

She focused on an outcropping of rocks on the next ridge over, her eyes squinting as she watched the light play across the cliffside there. I stole Reek from his mate. she slipped a look over to Aspen then, wondering how she'd take the information. Woke up one day and thought, how can I ruin everything, and off we went. It was his choice to settle here - he's a father, see. And he wants to see his kids. Why she was divulging all of this to the woman was a mystery even to Tavi — but maybe she just needed to get it out. To get it all out in the open, for an impartial audience.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen took minor offence to the wolf's curt reply on not wishing to share why she was here if she didnt like the place.  However, was fair since this wolf didnt seem particularly fond of Aspen.  Although Aspen was startled when the wolf began to explain anyways. She explained she had taken Reek from his mate and then got into how it was his choice to settle here because his no presumed ex mate was having pups. 

Well that explains the conversation the other day. Aspen thought one a rather interesting encounter with a black she wolf who was close with Reek.  So he DOES have pups elsewhere. This pack seemed to have its fair share of drama it seemed. 

Aspen could not think of a reply to her rather shocking let surprisingly believable statement. "Uh..Oh," Aspen stated. "I'm sure its not as bad as you make it sound, he cares about you. He wouldn't have done it if he didn't, he doesnt seem like the type of wolf to just throw themselves at whoever's willing," she finished. She hoped this would at least calm the wolf down a bit, she seemed quite stressed about how things were. This could also explain the dislike the alpha wolf had for Aspen, looking almost identical to her. 

Aspen did not consider herself a threat to the relationship between alpha's her and tav were two completely different wolves despite their looks.  Maybe this wolf would realize that someday. For now Aspen would be okay with this wolf and her not being friends. That perhaps this wold was one she couldn't entirely trust for the time being. 

Eh. Fade soon? Sorry it took me FOREVER to reply. Ive been sick and had to get a bunch of blood tests :l Ill post more replies on my acc after dinner.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Aw! I hope you're feeling better. Since Tavi is out of LSG now I think its a good idea to fade this — maybe we can have them run in to each other in the future!

The woman's words don't sit well with Tavi, who snorts softly in a derisive manner, and lightly shakes her head from side to side. You'll understand if you stick around, is all she says, hinting at something ominous but not explaining herself. Maybe in time Reek's attention would drift to Aspen, or to Jhala, or even Eslani -- they were all well-off women, beautiful and skilled in their own ways. It hadn't taken much for Reek to fall for her, which to Tavi meant he could fall for anyone - so low was her own self-worth. Without saying anything else, the Alpha pulled herself away from the conversation during the lull, and continued to stride until she slipped back in to her cave, where she could fester with her thoughts in silence.