Broken Antler Fen Heart on my sleeve
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
All Welcome 
[I]anyone! :)[i/]

The dark ground was much more soggy here – Mason could feel his brown-socked and white paws bounce on the spongy ground with each bound. He looked about him with interest as he ran, knowing that he must be close to the fen. It neared midday and he was panting, although the air was cool with only small portions of sunlight pouring through the patchy clouds.

Mason had run hard all through the early morning light to reach the fen by the most direct route he could. He didn’t want to spend more than a day away from the pack right now. They didn’t have much reason to escape anymore, he didn’t think, but he still wanted to scout out the fen he had been told about.

It was obvious as he got nearer that a pack had been founded. Mason felt a bit shocked, and peeved that his idea had been snatched from under him. It was a good job they didn’t need to escape Neverwinter anymore, he thought to himself, disgruntled. Mason shimmied along the last few hundred feet before the fen with mild anger, slapping his paws down on the now very-moist ground. After a huff of annoyance, he thrust his nose down to breathe in the borders.

He caught the scent of the Alpha, and his surprise was overtaken by cheer. @Sebastian!” He exclaimed aloud with delight to no-one in particular. And then Mason bulldozed along the border perimeter at a blazing pace, careful not to overstep the boundaries. All the while keeping his posture low and his eyes and ears trained inwards on the packlands, in the hopes of catching sight of the huge male…
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian had some trouble with keeping himself in control with Pearl being in heat. She was a completely different wolf, truly. But Sebastian was certain that having pups right now wasn't something that would be good for his pack right now. The large grey male trotted past his border, refreshing the scents of the border. It was really becoming more of a statement now they settled longer.

Sebastian noticed another scent, but it wasn't unfamiliar. The large male trotted further and soon found a pale male almost charging at him. Sebastian let out a chuff, his tail high. Then he recognized Mason and let out a friendly bark. "Mason! How good to see you!," he greeted with clear excitement. He had not expected to see the male again.
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason spotted Sebastian and kept an eye on the change in posture – first exceedingly dominant, relaxing into friendly authority once he clearly realised this was only Mason coming for a visit. The boy grinned and skidded to a stop, posture deferential, but his paws dancing on the ground in excitement.

“You did it! You made a pack! Was it hard? Is it a bachelor pack? Or did you find some decent girls?” Mason remembered their last conversation well – it had been something he had been toying with before Dad and Zaria knocked themselves up. Now he was more excited to play with younger siblings than take on even more responsibility as a full-time sole Alpha. Perhaps if he could find a companion…

“It’s good to see you too!” He blurted out well after the fact, before gazing at Seb keenly with bright orange eyes, excited to hear how this had all come about.

Mason wished Sebastian had settled in Neverwinter Forest, because that would have been way cooler than the pack that had bustled its way in with attitude of absolute rights to the territory and disdain for Silvertip.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's tail wagged faster and then nodded. Because he did manage to start a pack and he did survive the encounter with his father. It was all so strange back then, and now he had finally settled. "Well," he laughed and then looked at Mason. He was a young guy, maybe he would get flustered like Aduin. "Sort of, mostly Bachelorettes. Me and my brother were in the pack, buy you see, he is a bit shy and nervous. Once I had the pack running for like two weeks all the females went in heat," he let out, now he was laughing about it. "But I managed to resist it! It was damn hard too, no pun intended there, but I did not want to father pups with a female that isn't my mate. I am kind of traditional like that," he explained.

Sebastian looked over Mason and then smiled a bit, thinking of one lady. "There is one lady I am kind of tempted to have as my mate. It was my best friend all along! Crazy how that goes. Mostly my heartbreak stopped me from seeing how amazing she really was. How about you then? How are you doing? And have you find a nice girl for yourself?," he asked with a bit of a grin.
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Sorry, replies are getting all out of order

Mason listened with eagerness that turned more sharp when heat was mentioned. Dad and he had discussed such things, but not in any great detail yet. Fitz was not the kind of wolf who really explained such bodily functions with gusto. So Mason gleaned what he could from Sebastian’s inferences. Luckily when Zaria had been in heat – although he had noticed the scent and it had stirred something – he wasn’t yet mature enough for his body to react in full. “Whoah, that’s really cool, but kinda hard to deal with.” Mason cast a shifty glance around which made it obvious he didn’t actually understand what the hard bit was. ”I think it’s nice to have a family for pups. My mom was never around and I didn’t miss her, but if I ever have puppies I want a mate who will stick there forever.”

Mason smiled and a little bit of shyness entered his face. ”I really like a girl called Desna. But she always seems a bit flustered, like when I try and show her I like her. I think maybe she finds me a bit too much… ?” Mason shook his fluffy mane out as he turned to Seb for advice. ”How am I supposed to show her I like her so that I can see if she likes me back? Should I just… say it?” Mason had come close to blurting out how much he fancied Desna, but he had so far avoided this, thanks to her lack of enthusiasm at his attentions. Perhaps she liked him more as a friend. Mason’s heart dropped a bit at the thought.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Mine too haha!

Sebastian chuckled a bit because Mason clearly didn't realize how hard it actually was to ignore that bit of instinct. The large male inhaled softly but decided not to make the other feel bad about it. Sebastian could however agree with his words. He wanted only a family when he had a mate that would be there forever. That started the next topic though, Mason was telling about a crush he had. Sebastian knew himself that he was not good at giving advise.

"Um. Well I am not the best. But... If she is flustered then she might not be used to that kind of attention, if it is that obvious that you are liking her? But maybe... she is just flustered because she doesn't know how to act around you. Girls are so difficult man. I am sorry," he spoke to Mason. "I think you should just ask her if she likes someone, or if she wants a mate without you telling you want that for yourself. Maybe you will find out that way what her own ideas are?"
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason listened intently. He didn’t have half a clue, so anything Seb gave him would be information worth knowing. His end advice was of course the most sensible route. Just tell her. Mason’s heart somersaulted unhappily at the thought, but he supposed the end result would be worth the discomfort if she said she liked him too. He resolved to tell her the next time he saw her and have done with all the dilly-dallying about.

“I’m gonna tell her then. I s’pose the worst she can say is she only likes me as a friend. And then we get to still be friends.” Despite his brave words, he wasn’t sure he could actually enjoy that prospect. How could you be just friends with someone you fancied, once you found out they didn’t fancy you back?

“I was looking at this territory a while ago – is it a nice place to live?” Mason wanted an insider’s views. Sebastian may have chosen it simply because it was out of the way.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at the naive male and wanted to correct him that... even if she might not like him in that way, the female might not want to be friends. But he rather did not want to discourage the male so he kept his mouth shut. He just nodded to encourage him. The large male was luckily saved with a new topic to talk about, and a good one too!

His territory! The male smiled. "When I came across these lands I knew it was perfect. I love water and most of these lands are very wet. We have big prey and lots or marshes and clear waters and fens," he explained. "If has been a pleasure to call this my territory. I am very proud of it," he hummed and then looked at Mason. "You are still welcome to join if you like that," he offered.