Dawnlark Plains Weak he was, Stronger he is
My heart connects with everyone on it's own. When they pull, it hurts.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
All Welcome 

There were problem at home but that didn't mean he needed to stop practicing everything he learned. He came to the wide open fields in hopes to find some birds to hunt down. He was a bit too distracted to really focus on hunting. He wanted to find solutions for the problem his pack had. To find one that would satisfy everyone was hard so instead of hunting he was just wondering around. What could he do to stop the risk of a war between packs was the real question.

Esaro simply stood in the tall grass, only half alert at his surroundings. He didn't want another bird to give him a heart attack so he did pay attention to what was in front of him. There was no telling what was around in the tall grass so he did need to use all his senses for his safety. He moved a little bit up to a stream and instinctively drank a bit of refreshing water. With the sun on his back he came up with a perfect solution to that. He suddenly began to roll in the small stream in order to get all wet. He quickly discovered that the water was very cold and end up jumping back up. He shook his coat and stepped out of the cold water. He didn't like getting too hot but getting cold was worse.
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
Warbone had only been present for about a minute or so, but he was already highly amused by Esaro's antics, who he had noticed from a ways off, and had approached with the intent of attacking him. Not seriously, of course, but in a testing manner— wanting to gauge what type of practice he had participated in since their first and last encounter— as was his want. His mind had changed by the time he had reached the freshly-wet wolf, and he padded to the creek's edge without a hardened muscle in his body. Instead he stood there, eying the dripping wolf's backside in amusement; or as entertained a male without a smile can appear.

"You are a strange wolf," he purred, tone mingling between assertive and charmed. "Esaro."
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
There was an unusual sound approaching him but instead of turning to look behind him he kept trying to listen. He couldn't exactly figure out if it was the stream or something else. He tried to concentrate on the sounds but before he could determine what it was and familiar voice came from behind. He turned around and was slightly surprised to see Warbone. Right now Esaro was happy to have detected someone before getting attacked, except Warbone didn't charge at him. He spoke loud but happily. "I knew it! Someone was coming from behind!" Of course he should have turned to look instead of standing there hesitating.

That was really all it took for Esaro to get distracted by the actual problems he was faced with. Since it was Warbone his mind focused on fighting. But before going on to that he was wondering what he was doing here. "But what are you doing all the way over here Warbone?" He asked. This was a bit far from the Sleeping Dragon but Esaro did notice a slight difference in the scent compared to last time. Was Warbone not longer with that pack?
385 Posts
Ooc —
"You felt you were being stalked and elected not to look? Shame," he mused, looking away, before languidly returning his gaze to Esaro. "It is almost like I taught you nothing." He couldn't remember explicitly telling the boy that he needed to be aware of his surroundings at all times, but Warbone was presumptuous about the fact that this knowledge had been implied if not spoken. He was mostly being snide, anyway, and it showed on his stern face, which had turned mischievous in the afternoon light.

"I abandoned the Dragons," he answered earnestly, and with the lack of a more implicating term. He supposed that there was a better word than "abandoned", one that made him look less selfish, but it suited his actions regardless. "I could not settle comfortably in their ranks, so I decided to make my own stay closer to the ocean." He left it at that, because Esaro had a pack of his own and that was of little use to Warbone; he would keep what information he gave at this point to a minimum.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Esaro little moment of being proud of himself was shot down into an awkward 'oh, that wasn't good actually' look. Seems just detecting wasn't good enough, of course it wasn't. If Warbone had been an attacker there would have been no way for him to even react. He slightly lowered his head in realization. He felt like he should have done better. He did just end up being a disappointment once again. Well he wasn't really sure. It was impossible to read the actual feeling coming from him. It had to be based on words, so Esaro would just guess that Warbone was disappointed in him. Esaro told himself to just do better next time.

Switching back to his usual friendly but curious behavior, he felt a little concern about Warbone being a lone wolf. Esaro didn't feel confident on his own so he reflected the idea. "So you are alone?" From just looking at the male he seemed in good condition. "Isn't it hard being a loner? I know if I was on my own I wouldn't likely survive." Then he thought of the pack he is with. "I still want to learn but right now things are getting a little dangerous for everyone in Phoenix. I don't want a war to happen." He reminded himself of the reason he was here. He needed to find a way to make sure a war doesn't happen. Maybe he should just try not to think about it.
385 Posts
Ooc —
"It is not hard for a wolf like me— I have lived as such for about half my life— but as the title implies, it is a lonely life. And no, I do not think it would be a life for you." Esaro was weak and unassuming, but this had to do with his upbringing. If he had been raised in the way of survival, as he had, and not on dependency and softness, then he might have been a different wolf. But the Phoenix was young still, and had greater room for change than Warbone, who felt mostly set in his ways.

He mentioned a war then, and the cold-eyed Solothurn blinked slowly as he considered the tensions he remembered from his stay with the Dragons. Their biggest, perhaps only problem seemed to be their proximity to Phoenix and the lack of leverage either seemed to have over the other. Though one pack might win the battle, it was unlikely that it would be without massive harm to themselves in the skirmish. It was not an ideal situation but maybe now it had become necessary. He had no idea that after this, Esaro himself would serve as the catalyst to a would-be war between the birds and the reptiles.

"Want it or not, you are not ready for the thing you call war. I am almost positive you have never seen it, most certainly never participated in one, and if you find yourself involved, then I predict your death." Warbone was not a soft wolf, and he did not sugar-coat things. Esaro needed to know, so that when he did eventually meet his demise, he would know it wasn't because he had been ignorant.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
The life Esaro had before being in these territories really gave him nothing but the illusion of a happy life. He was well taken care but never taught anything useful besides where joy and happiness came from. A lone life felt difficult the deal with. Because of his past he grew with the need to have friends that would support him. Without that there was almost no way for him to enjoy life. Even if he was capable of surviving on his own he wouldn't be happy. Warbone was completely right that the loner life was not for Esaro. There was no opposition in the idea so he just left it as it is.

Directly Warbone threw in some reality. Esaro knows he wasn't ready for a war but he wanted to protect the pack. He couldn't stand the idea of everyone fighting each other. He would very much prefer preventing a war than to take part. With Warbone's words Esaro felt like his only choice was to attempt to create peace between all packs. He didn't want to die and he didn't want others to die either. Maybe he should go see all the pack leaders as soon as possible.

Although while he was with Warbone perhaps the male could teach him so he could be ready in case there was a war. But Esaro knew that there wasn't much time, there would be no way he could be ready. Instead he hoped that Warbone could give some advice. "If a war happens then what should I do? I don't.. want to end up dead." He said while looking slightly downwards.
385 Posts
Ooc —
At least Esaro had some value in his own life, even if no one else seemed to. He asked for Warbone's advice, a wolf who was not built to be cowardly, but was smart enough to know when he was at a disadvantage. "You must weigh your options beforehand, and truly know yourself, so that in the instant you have a war in front of you, and you feel overwhelmed in the might of your opponent, you will know whether you are willing to sacrifice limb and life for the cause you defend, or whether you will flee." It was as simple as that to Warbone, who was as practical as they came. And it was yet to be seen if he cared about anyone more than his own life.

"I have seen the might of willpower, though, Esaro. There is hope for pups like you."
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Fight or run seemed to be the only choices he had if a war were to come. Esaro knew he didn't stand much of a chance against a fighter and Warbone knew that too. The choices were more like death or flee. It was obvious which he would pick but he could never abandoned anyone. Did that mean it was better to try to flee all together? Running away felt wrong. He didn't want to lose his home and there was also the fact that Saena's pups were very young. He doubted that running away with everyone was an actual possibility. Everyone in Phoenix would likely fight back. Although if running did come up where could they go?

Warbone said something similar to what Esaro's father had once said to him. It made him slightly smile as he remembered. He decided that the best choice would be to help those who want to escape if an attack happens. There was still the problem of location, maybe Warbone knew a place to retreat to. "Would you know a place where we could run to? I think the only thing I would be able to do is to help wolves who need to escape." There wasn't much time he could use to search for a good place so Esaro was just going to have to depend on Warbone even more than just fighting lessons.
385 Posts
Ooc —
Warbone shook his head, slowly. Of course, there was his own stead, but he could not necessarily take in fleeing wolves, as Esaro stated. His power was tenuous at best, a yet unwoven thread, and he was wary of his recently acquired crown. He personally knew Esaro to be a pacifist, however, so he did not mind extending an offer to him. "I cannot speak for a mass exodus, but you have a place with me." He could be toughened up— or die trying. But thus was natural selection at its finest.

"For there is a path out of your desire to flee, Esaro. And I can show you the way. You say you want to live, so you have already taken the first step, and you can begin the construction of a fortitude that you presently do not have. Those not born without such constitution must build it from scratch... However, it must be something that you want. So you must decide what you want, boy. Do you want fleeing to be your strength? Or do you want to be able to protect who or what you love, no matter the cost, no matter the fear?"
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
To hear that he was the only one with a place didn't settle too well. There was no way he would abandon everyone just so he could keep his own life. If he couldn't save someone then everything he had learned would be meaningless. He was going to have to turn down that offer. Esaro still preferred to do what he believed was right so if running can't work and fighting doesn't either then his only hope is to prevent a war from ever happening. Sticking all together felt like the best solution so with that in mind Esaro gained the idea of going to Larksong Grotto in order to ask Reek if he could help out if things get bad or if Saena goes out of control.

Before aiming to leave to get things started he gave his opinion to Warbone. "I want the strength to protect everyone. I would never abandoned them but I don't want to die either. Right now I might not stand a chance but if you are still willing to teach me then maybe one day I wouldn't have anything to worry about." He paused for a moment as he looked around at the direction he planned on going. "I should probably go take care of a few things before starting something though." He thought about going to Saena first but then it thought it would be better to get Reek's support first.
385 Posts
Ooc —
Warbone listened, but would have to see the transformation in Esaro himself before he could believe such a thing could happen. The young male needed guidance. He was old enough to breed and certainly had nothing of use to pass onto his potential children at this point. Kindness, certainly; but would sweet nuances save the lives of his family? He nodded as the Phoenix thoughtfully stated that he needed to take care of something. "Yes, well stay out of trouble, Esaro. Until we meet again," he rumbled, turning his own way to leave Esaro on his own.