Phantom Hollow starling
84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
tagging @Malice but aw for any MH wolf! <3

true to his word, buffalo returned some days later with a clutch of medicinal herbs in his maw. they were basic in nature, yet byll had assured him that they would work, and so he left her to wander in their little chosen patch of forest and took them up the sloping terrain to the doorstep of the queen. there he gave a low howl and stood firm, muzzle bathed freshly in bright new blood, the rest of his coat having been washed and groomed to an alabaster glow. what had she told her wolves, he wondered?
BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Meep, forgot about this thread, I'm so sorry <3

The queen awoke alone in her den again, cold, shivering and dizzy. Damn, being pregnant was a pain in the ass. She wanted to blame Burke for it all, but he had warned her -somewhat-. She sighed and got out of her "warm cozy place", stretching her aching back in front of it. It wasn't much time she could do so, for the howl of Buffalo filled the air. She sighed again. Perhaps he had what she needed for her dizziness and pain.

She trotted -slowly, for her back was somewhat aching- to her borders, and it didn't take long for the sickening smell to hit her again. This time, she showed no signs of displeasure toward the scent, too tired to do so. Buffalo! Didn't expect you to be back so soon. She greeted happily, proud that she still remembered his name. She wondered though, where was his sister? Where's Byll? She asked, not because she liked the female more than him, but because she found it uncommon for them to be separated. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
no prob! <3 it was for malice or anyone else, after all <3

buffalo was soon greeted by the queen herself, looking radiantly weary as ever, though delight filled her tones at seeing him. the vain man knew that he was charming, and so he was unsurprised by her reaction -- he stepped forward to kiss her chin and push the bundle toward her. "off wandering. communing. i know where she is and she will not stray."

"you have to chew one of each plant every day," he murmured, separating them with deft flicks of his foreclaws. "one for headache, one for nausea, one for pain, and .... one to tone that gorgeous body of yours for the birth." buffalo grinned. "it is all over your scent, queen malice -- didn't you know that?"
BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The man was as flattering as ever, kissing her as a greeting. He was handsome, but perhaps too... vague for her to fall for. Besides, she had her mind set upon someone else. Well, also not really, but she at least admired him -the man who had given her a chance at being a mother. He pushed a bundle of strange smelling plants to her, most of which she didn't recognize. She could only tell they were plants. That was as far as her knowledge of herbs and poisons reached.

She nodded when he told her what the other half of the duo was up to, and so the topic was ended. Instead, she focused on his paw that separated plants from other plants, who -for her- almost all looked the same. She looked at them with a raised eyebrow, listening and storing the information in her mind. Perhaps she would place the herbs at her den entrance so she wouldn't forget. His comment on her body being gorgeous went right over her head, and she gulped when she heard it. fuck, was it that obvious?

She giggled nervously. It's that obvious, isn't it? She laughed, returning her yellow gaze to the male.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he nodded with his characteristic smirk, brow arched. "very obvious. that seems to be the only thing that could keep you so miserable. don't worry; i'll keep your secret." his teeth flashed in a grin. the truth of it was, however, that buffalo was deeply jealous of malice's growing children, her ability to house them in her body. no matter what he did, how many times he took byll, she could not do the same. her waist remained as thin and tight as it had always been, and it made her brother feel like a failure.

it was not his place to ask who the father of malice's cubs were, though he assumed that the man was a member of her pack. "when are you due?" buffalo inquired instead, rather genuinely curious.
BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
His smirk was unsettling, but not threatening. She was relieved to hear he would keep her secret a -well- secret. But, if it was that obvious in the first place, she wondered if it could still be called a secret. It was basically written on her face or something. Thank you. She responded, a meant thanks to the male. She wished she could just let them join already, but it was unfair to throw out members just to make place for others. Well, Crius and Rhiannon weren't doing all that much. Had they wandered off? Left her?

Around one and a half month to go, I believe. She said with a sigh, not sure if she would survive this hell for that long. Being pregnant wasn't at all fun. She hoped it would be worth it though, that her children would be strong and healthy. Where are you staying for now? She asked, wondering if they had find some sort of den to spent the mild spring nights in.
~Adopt Avalon!~

84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"we stay ... around," buffalo grinned. "not too close, and not too far. to be perfectly honest, i go where byll leads -- for the most part. she's wandered into water before. almost off cliffs." his tail swayed at his hips. "i'm about to get real personal," he murmured, moving in a half-circle 'round malice, "so feel free to tell me to fuck off."

his eyes gleamed. "where is the father of these kids, and why isn't he here, helping you?" he meant this genuinely -- he didn't like or understand why she was alone, though he and byll were more than happy to aid her.

silently he waited for her answer, knowing it might be accompanied by anger -- buffalo stood out of snapping range or this reason.
BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She nodded while he was speaking. As long as they stayed nearby Moonlit Hills, everything was fine. She almost chuckled when he spoke of Byll. The girl was indeed a little odd, but in a good way. It was good that there were no cliffs near here where she could potentially fall off of. Her desire to chuckle went away though. She would never tell someone to fuck off for asking questions. Yes, she felt that if you weren't comfortable with answering the question you could stay quiet, but to tell someone to fuck off entirely was a little rude. I would never. She responded sweetly.

The questions was awkward, but why lie. Oh, he lives across the lake. He has his own problems to take care of, and I knew this from the beginning. She was sure not to say his name, the place he lived in or tell the problems he was dealing with. This was enough information, for now.

~Adopt Avalon!~

84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the queen answered with a firm vagueness that buffalo knew he could not rattle. nor did he want to --  the end-game was to gain her trust, not make her more wary of him. "you know," he purled, settling down on his belly before her elegant repose, "i could really use some fertility magick. byll and i  ... we've been trying for two years now. nothing. but you ---" and here he gestured to the soft roundness of her belly -- "you could maybe rub off on her. we could do a spell."

buffalo's gaze found malice's own -- he waited with bated breath to hear what she would say. if he was being truthful, he hadn't been more excited about something in a long time.
BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Short post because, well, idunno :/ :)

Malice watched as the male before her got comfortable. She listened carefully, not knowing why Bylll and Buff were actually trying to, y'know, make those little squirming balls of fur. They were brother and sister, right? Oh well, Malice wouldn't judge. They helped her out, the least she could do is return the favor. Just like when Cicero had messaged Burke.

What would that spell require? She asked curiously. She needed to know, for if it was anything with sacrifice or blood or whatever crazy shit those two were into, she needed to be prepared.
~Adopt Avalon!~

84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
of course they had been questioned several times as to why they sought children when they themselves came from the same litter. buffalo's answer was always the same -- what fuckin' business of it was yours? but malice hadn't even batted an eye, which endeared her to the man even further. her lack of judgement was refreshing. "just your presence. you make enough magick being pregnant, you know," buffalo grinned, winking at the queen. even if she was saving herself for the man who clearly didn't give enough of a shit to make her a priority, he had to admire her resolve all the same.
BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She chuckled softly. Yes, he was right. Carrying life inside her was perhaps the most magical thing on this planet. If she thought deep enough about it, she could consider it a small wonder and even a blessing. The headache and sickness she got from it was just the price she had to pay for doing something extraordinary.

Very well, you can count me in. She said, nodding as she said this. It really couldn't hurt, and perhaps it was enough to distract her from her pain. It seemed though the conversation was almost at an end though. When would you like me to meet you again for this spell? She asked.
~Adopt Avalon!~

84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<3 last post for me!

"hmm," he chunnered to himself, moving toward her with slow steps. "i'll come find you, my queen." he grinned into her face and laid his ears back as he reached to lick her chin, then swept grandly over the borders with a swift trot, hoping to find byll shortly.
BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION