Broken Antler Fen Hunting Rabbits
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Horosk had been wandering around, not really doing much, so he decided to do a bit of hunting. His autumn coloured fur shone in the light, his eyes searching the surroundings eagerly. Soon he scented a rabbit, not too far away. He could see it, he just had to get a little closer, else it would run away too quickly - their burrows were fairly close by. He crouched, creeping closer and closer, then sprang. He felt a thump as he landed on the rabbit, though it wriggled and sped away. Frustrated, Horosk chased after it and caught up with it by some trees. He kept running, until he was in front of it, and grabbed it by the neck as it went past. He bit down hard, feeling the rabbits body go limp. Then he went and sat down were he had been before, gazing up at the blue sky.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy had been out, creeping towards the same scent of rabbit that Horosk was, unknowing. It was not until she came into view of him to realize she wasn't the only one hunting. She pulled back, deciding to wait and watch the newcomer, and spring into action should the rabbit get away from him, or if another appeared. When it did, however, she still didn't take off. She watched him in plain sight from the shadow of a tree, not attempting to hide but observe. When he'd finally caught it, he turned around and headed back, but had missed her. She let out a low, friendly chuff of congratulations, prancing towards him with her tail wagging behind her. 
      "Good catch!"
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry for short post!

Horosk looked up in surprise. He relaxed, seeing it was another BAF wolf, and smiled. "Thanks," he said, before adding "Do you want some?" He was likely to catch another one anyway, so there was no harm in offering this one to the she-wolf.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy shook her head, sitting a little bit from him. The bronze female smiled, licking at the fiery fur of her legs to smooth out a pesky tuft.
       "No thanks, but I'd be happy to hunt with you? I'm training to be a hunter see, and any experience I get is awesome!"
Tail wagging behind her, the copper and cream female trotted towards the heavier scent of another.
                     "Coming?"
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
"Okay, sure. I want to be either a hunter or warrior, perhaps Guardian - though I haven't really decided yet." He stood up, shaking his pelt and trotting alongside the female. "So, what's your name?" He said, hoping to start some conversation. He picked up the scent she was following, and began to follow too.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy kept her trot light, jaws open to scent.
      "Brandy. My mom raised me to be a warrior, but I was always better at hunting. And maybe I'll be a counselor. Not sure."
She smiled back at the male, tail wagging. He didn't seem so bad!
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
"I'm Horosk, nice to meet you," He said, smiling. She was friendly, he could tell. Perhaps he could find some friends after all? He had been worried nobody would like him - he had been a lone wolf for a long time, not really talking to anyone, while some had spent their whole lives in a pack. He wagged his tail and continued to trace the scent. 

At last he saw the rabbit, and dropped into a hunters crouch. Looking at Brandy, he wondered if she wanted to hunt this one solo, or if he should chase it so she could kill it, or the other way. He whispered to her "How do you want to kill this one?"
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy opened her mouth to say something else, but heard the rabbit as Horosk saw it. She whipped her head around, crouching low and pinning her ears to streamline herself. She flicked her tail at his words, signaling for him to stay back and hush. Pulling herself forward, keeping pressure on the smallest point of her paws to stay quiet and hide her presence, the copper yearling stalked closer and closer. Unaware of its own death approaching, it in nibbled at something in its grasp.
Too late.
Brandy sprung and landed square on the things back, pinning it and finishing it with a nip to the spine before it had the opportunity to set off the alarm. Chest puffed out in pride, she trotted on back to where the male was waiting. Shed been a lone wolf all her life, and the prospect of yet another new friend excited her. She wanted to impress him!
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Horosk was indeed impressed. "Wow, nice catch! I bet you'll be an amazing hunter!" He said, smiling. He sat down as she came over with the limp rabbit. He wagged his tail and said "It's a pretty big one, too." This young female was certainly a good hunter, better than he was. 

He yawned as he realized how tired he was. "Haha, the rabbit catching's tiring me out. I better rest soon."
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy puffed out in pride, grinning. She knew she was a hood hunter but hearing it made her feel even better. 
       "Thank you! Yours was good to you know, don't sell yourself short."
She Nuzzled him and flicked her tail.
              "Come on, we can go back to the Cove together!"
She trotted off towards the sleeping place, prancing happily.
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Fading out on this post?
Horosk smiled. "Okay" He said, trotting along beside her. It looked like he might have got a friend in Brandy, he sure hope so. He wagged his tail as they
made their way back to the cove.