Neverwinter Forest home is when I'm alone with you
you can't wake up, this is not a dream
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
Allure seeking out her family. :) Likely to pop Scimitar in here after one or two rounds.
Rehawk Caldera had provided a decent home – if not a lonely one. Allure hadn’t gone out of her way to get to know her pack mates, but it was primarily her own shyness that had kept her from doing so. She was, in every manner, an outsider to the familial pack, and it reminded her sorely of her own home and what she had left.

The day found her loping further north-west, eager to explore more of the lands that surrounded her home. Yet it was an unmistakable scent that drifted to her nostrils as she came upon an evergreen forest – and despite the absolute familiarity of it, she was almost disbelieving. Her family was here?

Instantly her heart ached – had they moved back? Why hadn’t they sought her out? Her nose found the borders, her paws itching as she wondered if it was a figment of her homesick imagination. Tilting her white-tipped muzzle back, Allure released a clipped howl for the presence of her family – Scimitar, Bazi.. Kaskara.. anyone. Little did she know that her mother did not await her here.
Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
I forget - did Allure tell them she was coming back to Teekon?

Kaskara was pregnant and obviously so. Her belly was swollen past her hips and shoulders, though just barely. She even waddled when she walked, which reminded her so fiercely of Bazi and her own giant belly that it made her heart ache and her belly laugh at the same time. Kaskara missed her sister, but knew that whatever relationship had blossomed between her and Scimitar had long since died, and the pair was better off apart.

Even as pregnant as she was, Kaskara still tried to make the rounds of the pack border, stopping to squat and relieve herself every half mile or so. It was during such an interlude, with her tail raised as to not get wet, that she heard the howl sound nearby. Ears perked and heart racing, Kaskara hurried herself, shook off the excess drops, and started her slow, wending way toward the caller. As she arrived, Kas noticed the girl's distinct coat, and grinned. Allure, my favorite niece! She laughed softly as she arrived, knowing that it wasn't fair of her to say that, given that Bazi's newest brood had girls. But since she didn't know them, it wasn't that unfair, was it?

What are you doing here? she asked, kissing the girl's forehead before stepping back and taking her in. She looked healthy overall, but something in her turquoise eyes made her pause.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It took every ounce of patience the bi-toned girl had not to prance across those borders and seek the answers she desired – and even more, the affection of her family. Every second without their presence, and yet blanketed by their scent, the girl’s heart ached. She hadn’t realized just how much she had missed them until now.

She was greeted by a most welcoming sight – the warm cinnamons of her aunt was a sight all too familiar – and yet something was different.. something that threw the girl’s for a reel, and despite the obviousness of what it was, she could not place it so quickly.

Kaskara spoke, and as she waddled closer, Allure’s jaws dropped as she made the connection of what exactly had changed – eyes alight in joy, the black and white she-wolf gave a slow shake of her muzzle before canting it upwards, savoring the gentle kiss. “Aunt Kaskara!” She paused for a moment, taking in the sight of the Beta. “Congratulations! Wow!” She fumbled with her own words for a moment, her chest rising and falling with the elation of her family growing, and she gave a gentle laugh as she felt tears prick at the corner of her eyes – her family was here! “I came back to Teekon Wilds a few months ago with mom and dad’s blessing.. I’m with Redhawk Caldera.” She paused again, her bright eyes flitting past her aunt and then back to study her features. “Where are mom and dad? What are you guys doing here? Why did you leave the Ridge?” The questions came pouring from her slackened muzzle – her mind going a mile a minute.

Her family was home again.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kaskara smiled and chuckled at Allure's reaction. She was glad, for it meant her family loved her and welcomed the next generation even while they grew. She only hoped her niece would be around for their birth and younger months, since it was her own family of cousins and siblings that helped her grow and form her own personality. Thank you, she said softly, kissing the girl again before moving back a step to show off her belly. I've got a few weeks left, I think. Will you come for their birth? It might be an odd question, but she wanted her niece there, despite their different pack affiliations.

She nodded, remembering that Scimitar had sent Allure off with his blessing so many months ago, before everything else happened. Kas swallowed the lump in her throat, wondering if it was her place to explain the situation, but ultimately decided on a compromise. Your father is here. He and your mother had a falling out a few months ago, so we moved back here. Kieran's here too! Obviously. She chuckled and shook her head. Who else would have helped her become so pregnant? I think you just missed Pasha. Your father sent him back to the ridge to check on your mother and your younger siblings. It was hard for her to remember if Allure knew of her mother's last litter or not. But she said it anyway, hoping she did.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It was a lot to absorb – Kaskara’s invitation was left with an enthusiastic nod, and yet her heart ached at the thought of having to return to the Caldera, away from the ones she loved. Before she could question this, though, the Beta continued, and her words left a chill that washed over her, and her eyes blinked up at her aunt with question. “Mom.. isn’t here? Who’s helping her raise my siblings?” Pasha was sent back – was Whittier still there? Swift wouldn’t be much aide.

“Why would dad leave mom to raise them alone?” The previous joy that had been upon her features had sobered drastically, and she pulled back slightly, giving her muzzle a shake. She had known they had not got along together – had even firmly believed the birth of another litter to be a mistake. But he left her completely, now?
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He had known his daughter was in Teekon Wilds – but he had yet to see her during their time. Having tried to give her the space he felt she wanted, Scimitar had only briefly sought her scent out during his most recent trip – and while he had assumed she would harbor herself within Phoenix Maplewood, given the amicability the packs had held before, she had not made her way there.

So when her scent drifted to him as he loped close by, the man was quick to seek her out, coming upon both her and Kaskara as they shared what appeared to be a jovial reunion. And yet as he came closer, he managed to capture his daughter’s question near the end, and his own smile vanished in to an apologetic expression. “Allure,” he greeted, coming up behind his sister, who was likely content he could explain his own affairs. Nudging Kaskara gently, he made to pull up to her side now, hesitant to greet his daughter who was practically staring a dagger in to him now. “Your mom was upset with me and she asked us to go.” He paused then, determined to disclose the full truth to her. “I took Eshe as a mate and she wanted us out.” His bi-toned daughter would have been vaguely familiar with the silver she-wolf – but whether she had been able to figure out his growing feelings for her, he was unsure.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kaskara's heart settled as Allure asked about her mother and new siblings and who would help raise them. She didn't know what to say, but thankfully she was spared trying to explain it away when Scimitar arrived. He would be honest with his daughter. Plus, it would be better coming straight from him, rather than from her. Kaskara wasn't very good at giving bad news.

She was proud of her brother for disclosing the truth to Allure, though she knew what it must cost him to do so. Kaskara knew that while it stung to be banished from his family, Scimitar would make the best of it as only he could. Even if that meant being away from his youngest children. Kas looked between father and daughter, wondering what would come of this meeting today.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Her mother’s reaction did not surprise the girl – even form the understanding how fiery and proud Bazi was, Allure too could understand the sting of resentment and upset at the idea of her father taking a mate just after his previous one had birthed them yet another litter. A litter they never should have had, given the fighting the two had always endured – and the breakups.

“So now they have no father.” It was not worded as a question – it was a statement, and it was given with a voice that was laced with a hint of venom. “You could have stayed. She would have given up and let you stay. Instead you left them?” The more she spoke, the faster the words came spilling out of her mouth – and her upset more apparent.

Who was the man that stood before her? It was not the father she had remembered.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kaskara watched the exchange between her niece and brother, wondering how on earth Scimitar would salvage the growing rift between himself and his daughter. She shifted to her haunches, an ear flicked forward to catch the conversation. Admittedly, it was rather one-sided at the moment, and her heart ached for both of them. Allure had lost something precious and Scimitar had been the one to bear the bad news. 

Pregnancy didn't suit her well. She felt hot and flushed, and shifted again uncomfortably. But she wouldn't leave Scimitar aline quite yet, nor would she leave Allure's side. For better or worse, they were family and she would stand beside them even if it made her physically and emotionally uncomfortable.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The statement held a range of emotions for the wolf – there was something about disappointing his children that made this the worst conversation of his life, which was ironic, given the battles and events he had dealt with in the past.

How was it he would try to meet a bear with fangs head on, and yet almost wilt at the disappointing glare he was receiving from his eldest daughter?

“They have a father. I will always be their father,” he clarified, his tone sobering quite quickly as he studied the bi-toned girl. His eyes flashed to Kaskara, apologetic toward how she must feel being in the center of this. “I didn’t want to leave them, Allure, but do you think it would have been fair to them if I had stayed and their younger years were spent watching your mother and I fight?”

It was truly how he felt – and yet there was a growing doubt in even his own resolution. If Eshe had not come to his life.. would he still have left Bazi completely?
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Her father spoke – and while a part of her could see the point he was attempting to make, her mind could only drift to the conjured image of her mother, suckling puppies all by herself. The only solace she could feel was that it seemed Whitter, Pasha and Swift had remained with her.

At least, she didn’t scent any of her brothers here.

She was not ready to close the subject. Her eyes glanced at her aunt, who seemed to move uncomfortably. With her ears sliding back to her skull, the girl crept forward, nudging Kaskara gently to her shoulder before pulling back, her eyes steeling themselves upon her father. “I have to go. I can’t.. I don’t want to do this right now.”

Pulling back, she cast once more glance at her father and aunt, and with that the Frostfur youth swept away from the borders and her family. Never before had she been so eager to return back to the Caldera, despite feeling like an outsider there. Somehow, with the knowledge that her family had all but shattered in her absence, somehow mitigated the fact for now that she had missed them so much.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Last post for me.

Kaskara watched Allure leave, feeling guilty for starting this conversation in the first place. Her heart sagged as she looked at her brother, apologies written clearly across her features. Scimitar, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to cause any trouble. Even now, a woman grown with a family on the way, Kaskara sometimes still felt as useless as a child. Perhaps that would never go away, but she hoped her brother didn't blame her. I'll speak with her, I swear. She can't be angry at something that was inevitable. Kas pressed her nose to her brother's cheek for a moment before she turned and followed Allure.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The cinnamon wolf watched his daughter leave – the stammer of her voice and the inability to hear him out hurt – but she requested time, and for that, he did not press the matter. His ears slid back to his skull – one good ear, and one half torn. Kaskara’s voice drew his gaze from his retreating girl to give his sister a shake of his muzzle. “You did nothing wrong,” he rumbled, tipping his muzzle in her direction fully now.

No, it had been all him that had brought forward that disappointment.

Closing the distance between he and his sister, the regal gave her a gentle nudge before he made to lumber off – he would steal away for some quiet time, and to swallow the feeling of guilt that washed over him like a tidal wave.