Neverwinter Forest Ready or not
Faoi bhun mo chiche beats croi de laochra fior
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Everyone is welcome, but here's one for @Scimitar if you're up for it love.

Kieran wandered restlessly around the pack lands. It was infinitely clear to him that Kaskara was carrying more than just his last name. He was so happy and so proud, but also extremely skittish and worried. He wasn't sure what was to come and the thought of anything at all happening to his beautiful Kaskara or the babes that she carried and he already loved made his heart stop and shudder. Finally, with a sigh he stopped and sat looking out over the lands. He wasn't sure where his mind was, but it wasn't where it should be on the patrol he was doing. maybe he should just take some time and breathe.

Kieran ran over in his mind the things that had happened that had brought him here, and though it brought a smile to his face, it also filled him with more fear than he had. There were countless questions rolling around in his head. Would he be a good dad? Would everything be okay? Would they be healthy? Would Kaskara?
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Sorry for the wait!
With Kaskara pregnant, there was much more of a risk now if they couldn’t make nice with all of their neighbors. Keen on keeping the pack to themselves primarily and away from Blackfeather Woods (lest the dark queen recognize him) and Silvertip Mountain, Scimitar debated holding a pack meeting to reiterate the importance of this. He had moved too much in the past few years – he hoped to avoid having to move again.

Not far off, the cinnamon wolf caught view of Kieran – who also seemed restless as well. Prowling forward, hoping to close the distance between the two, the Frostfur gave a gentle bark to gain his brother’s attention, a smile flickering upon his features. “I hear congratulations are in order,” he spoke as he closed the distance between the two, his bright eyes studying Kieran’s face.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran knew very well the fear that constantly gnawed at his innards. Especially given the close proximity of neighbors and their already argumentative natures to say the least. Kieran wasn't keen on moving again either, but frankly to say he hadn't thought about it would be a lie. But he was no spring chicken and Kaskara was progressing fast with this pregnancy.

Kieran smiled and chuffed gently, though the fear was still there. Tanks. Though more shud be given ter Kaskara. Since she's de wan doin' al' de work wi' carryin' de babes.

Kieran dipped his head with another small smile. 'oweya brah'der?
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
As per usual, Kieran’s accent was thick, and while Scimitar understood the gist of what was said, he still missed parts of what his brother in law spoke. His ears cupped forward, amusement pressing to his lips in the form of a small smile and he gave a nod – fair enough. Kaskara had wanted this for a while, he thought, and he was happy to know that his family would be extended even further.

“I’m alright – trying to be optimistic about our settled tensions with Silvertip Mountain, but I believe the Blackfeather Woods pack is nearby here as well.” He paused, a light frown sweeping away his more jovial expression. “Until they figure out we’ve settled here and who we are.. I don’t think I want to tell our newer members about our history with them.” His words slowed at the end, his eyes drifting back to the large man before him – mostly, he was curious to what Kieran thought of it.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran chuckled quietly, he knew that his brother in law did not undetstand his thick accent anymore than anyone else. Kaskara being the one to understand the most. But she was also with him all the time. He laid his ears back to his head and briefly wondered if their children would understand them and if he could talk to them in the language of his forefathers or if Kaskara wanted them to speak the common tongue that Kieran had such trouble with.

Kieran frowned. Why did the blackfeather pack ring a bell then he growled softly. Dohs bastards live near us? De ones dat attacked de wee white wan?

Kieran nodded his head in agreement. Oi wouldn't tell dem either
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“They lived across the mountain from us,” he clarified quietly, recalling their days at Swiftcurrent Creek. It had been one of the reasons they had moved to Nova Peak – between the Bypass and Blackfeather Woods, Scimitar had enough of his neighbors at the time. He didn't know their exact location.. but the power of deduction from his time spent within the Wilds would make it fairly easy to find them. Kieran seemed to agree with him, and the Frostfur gave his own gentle nod.

“One of them came by – he was looking for the Blacktail Deer Plateau pack. He didn’t seem to have any recognition when I told him my name.” He paused then, thoughtfully considering the brief interlude he had with the young Cicero. “So we keep our history with them to ourselves. And if their Alpha comes to recognize us and tries to stir trouble again.. I’ll finish what they started.” He didn’t doubt his words – Scimitar was done running this time.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran frowned trying ot remember, and he did. He remembered them well. They had gone to their cove to save the little white one, or to attack back when they had attacked ,but he couldn't remember. Then the little she wolf had disappeared. Kieran fro a brief moment thought on her and hoped she didn't succumb to her injuries or depression and die. He had seen it before.

Kieran nodded his head fiercely if the time came he'd fight too. Especially with new souls relying on him, his own blood. I'll 'elp brah'der
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Kieran’s words were met with a grim nod of understanding – Kieran would not only have protected them all as his pack and family, but Scimitar knew now, with his own children on the way, the father would take this duty far more fiercely than before. His first litter had practically been raised in terror – the initial flee from Swiftcurrent Creek to better seclude themselves, and then the devastation that had followed them from Nova Peak to Jade Fern Grove.

Kaskara and her family would not suffer in their younger years.. of that he was determined.

“We can inform Kaskara – but otherwise, I don’t think we should let anyone else know.. not even @Eshe.” The thought guilted him, keeping such things from her – but the less that knew, the better.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran knew that Scimitar knew what he meant. Kieran knew himself that he would be fiercer than he had been, but he had yet to fully understand how fierce he would be. He would surprise himself as time wore on and especially after his children were born and in the bosom of the pack.

Kieran frowned he wasn't even sure if he wanted to tell Kaskara. Only because he knew in times of stress pregnancies could end badly, his mother had told him that. 'oy cheesed aff chucker yer tink she'd be if oi waited 'til after de babes were born ter tell 'er?
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
A sardonic snort fell from the large wolf’s nostrils at his brother’s question, a wry grin just beginning to press to the corner of his mouth. It was hard to say with his fiery sister, and his bemused eyes told Kieran all the answer he needed to know. “Pretty mad,” he decided, his shoulders lifting in a gentle shrug as his features turned sober once more. “But it does us no good unless she wishes to move further from them – and moving now might prove to be just as dangerous to her.” He paused then, his ears sliding back to his skull. “I’ve sought this forest the moment I left it before – before I even joined Swiftcurrent Creek. I had the mind to come back before then and claim it. But I would also happily leave it behind for my family if it’s what you both deem necessary.” But if he knew his sister and her mate, they too were likely less inclined to once more disrupt their home and pack and move.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran tilted his ears adn returned the grim smile. He knew very well that his wife would have his hide for supper if he didn't tell her everything. Especially given her late pregnancy, she wasn't exactly feeling her best. Kieran knew it was harder on her than she admitted. The next words gave Kieran pause, he didn't want to leave, and he knew Kaskara wouldn't want to either, not matter what. And it could prove murderous to the babes if they tried to move, or even to themselves.

Kieran shook his head and sighed softly. Oi'm not young anymore Scimitar. Oi still 'av sum seasons lef, but scon are knackered av movin' aboyt. An' oi nu Kaskara wants ter stay as she ''as towl me as much. So, naw we don't want ter move unless so'tiz de pure last opshun.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
"We're on the same page then," he answered amicably, his own tone solemn given the pending scenarios that surrounded them. With a tip of his muzzle, the cinnamon wolf beckoned Kieran toward a familiar path, hoping his brother would join him in a walk as they continued their discussion. "I'm done running from or past -- it will never change," he quietly murmured, wondering the large man's thoughts on the matter. "We have a solid pack here. I trust them."
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran nodded his agreement at being on the same page. He often agreed with Scimitar as they were cut a bit from the same cloth. Though sometimes Kieran thought the other was more serious than anything. He himself was serious, but even Kaskara could get him to smile now and again.

The next words caused him pause as he strode to meet his brother on the same path. Naw, dat is true so 'tis. De past alwus finds a way ter git yer if yer don't dayle wi' it.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Scimitar gave a final nod to his brother at his words. “Then we keep this to ourselves – the past can stay in the past where it belongs, and if it comes back full circle.. we’ll deal with it head on this time.” No more running. No more hiding. If Blackfeather Woods determined to continue an assault on them, he would finish what he started with Meldresi, or fall trying.

Tipping his muzzle forward to Kieran and offering his brother a nudge to the cheek in familial gesture Scimitar took a few paces back, determining an end to their conversation for the time being. “I’ll let you get back to Kaskara,” he offered then, casting a small smile to his brother.