Neverwinter Forest Be someone
84 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

After her brief tour with Scimitar and Mazi she departed on her own to meet the other wolves of her pack. She was determined not to be seen as recluse this time around and set about searching out each of the scents she smelt around the territory with the intent of introducing herself. 

The first she came across was distinctly male, a higher ranking one. She followed it across the territory, bulky frame lumbering like a bear. When it finally began to smell more recent she picked up her pace, keeping an eye out for the wolf she smelt.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Hi! :)

For weeks Goldhawk had been a man on a mission, venturing across the region to track down a wrongdoer that Neverwinter had business with. But, alas, his mission in the end had failed so close to completion... and he'd been lucky that his Alphas had taken his failure with such good grace. Their kindness had returned his confidence to him pretty bally fast, and he stood now as Gamma, still a little down (partly because of his friend Kyron's disappearance too), but chipper nonetheless.

One day, while patrolling the borders, he turned to see a Neverwinter newcomer close by. She was cute-faced but powerful-looking, and he sprang round good-naturedly to regard her, immediately in the mood for a bit of physical activity.

(No, not that kind of physical activity.)

Ah, an unknown! A very good day to you. How fare you at a bit of the old one-two, missy? asked the warrior, and lowered his forequarters to show he wanted a play-fight. How about some good-natured jostlin' to get to know one another?
84 Posts
Ooc —
Nadie smiled at his greeting, it seemed she had found a new sparring partner. Of course, she would probably keep sparring with Mazi but it would be good to do so with someone else so that they didn't get to used to the other's patterns. 

"I would love to. I'm Nadie by the way,"she added on, striking up the same pose. She reached out and batted the agouti's shoulder. He was only slightly larger than she, a hair of a fraction. He didn't seem to mind her masculine frame though and so she ignored it.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Pleasure to meet you, old gal, he exclaimed cheerily as they began to size each other up in advance of their friendly fight. She wasn't old at all, of course, but Goldhawk was prone to endearments such as these.

You can call me Goldhawk! At your service... he did a low and dramatic bow of courtesy, then swept up immediately and aimed to meet Nadie's first move by headbutting her shoulder to try and make her stumble, and at your shoulder, aha!
84 Posts
Ooc —
She stumbled lightly, laughing good naturedly at his words and her own slipping. "The same to you,"she told him as she dived for his legs, aiming to push them from beneath him before diving away if she wasn't stopped first.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Giving a great white grin in return, Goldhawk fiercely dodged the next attack, but perhaps he was showing off too much — the female successfully tripped him up, and he went flying backwards. Rascal! Scoundrel! he exclaimed playfully. I'll have your hide for this, missy... he leapt spyly to his paws and used long limbs and fair body strength in an attempt to pin her to the grass.
84 Posts
Ooc —
She giggled, the feminine sound not matching her stature whatsoever. Nadie resembled a large brute, one who would be cold and fierce but she was not so. She was actually rather kind, looking after those who could not protect themselves or at least she had back at home.

Her mirth distracted her, leading her to be pinned beneath Goldhawk. She grinned, tail wagging as she whined playfully. This felt more like playing than sparring but she didn't mind. A silver paw reached up and pressed his nose gently. "Boop." 
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
With a whump, Goldhawk pushed his rival to the ground, and pinned her successfully. He let out a bark of triumph, and smiled crookedly down at her. Then, boop! Alas! The magic word... Goldhawk tumbled off her dramatically and fell to the ground himself. Then, after a moment, he sprang back up to his paws, their playful match over. I think you win, Nadie m'gal, he decided brightly.
84 Posts
Ooc —
She got to her feet, watching him curiously with her head cocked to the side. When she understood that he was playing once more, Nadie grinned and placed a paw on his chest lightly as she faked a triumphant pose.

"I'm pretty sure being pinned serves as a loss rather than a win but I'll take it,"she teased.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
He smiled, satisfied. That was invigorating. Always a delightful way to keep oneself in shape, he said, speaking of their little sparring session, gold tail beating good-naturedly on the grass as he took a seat. Where did you learn to fight, wot?
84 Posts
Ooc —
Thinking of the war that ravaged her natal pack, Nadie's eyes dimmed a bit. She forced the sadness back into the recesses of her mind, refusing to show weakness even to the kind figure of Goldhawk. "My last pack. My brother's most specifically,"she answered quietly with a small smile. 

Clearing her throat, she glanced at him questioningly. "What of you?" He was a good fighter, even if it made been more like wrestling around than sparring.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
He listened attentively, curious about this pack of hers (or rather, this pack of her brother's). But before he could ask for more information, he was distracted by a subject that interested him even more. I learned my whopping skills from a jolly big band of elite soldiers is a pack north of here — Riptide Coast. Don't suppose you've heard of them?
84 Posts
Ooc —
Nadie shook her head. She had never heard of the place. "Sorry, I'm afraid I haven't. What's it like?" 

sorry short post
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Sitting comfortably, and enjoying the conversation with his new sparring companion, Goldhawk mused dreamily: The Ole Rip (as I call it) is a huge coastal territory battered by dramatic waves and thick with dark trees and long caverns. It's an historically battletorn realm, but when I left it was nice and peaceful. So pray tell, new chum, he turned the spotlight back on her, what was your brother's pack like?
84 Posts
Ooc —
The smile on her face from listening to Goldhawk's tale faltered, Nadie feeling the sharp sense of loss that came with the desolation of everything you cared about. 

"It was small, it didn't even have a name. Our territory was only a few miles, we were more of a family made of loners than a pack. I loved them, every single one of them. They were my family and I was only an adolescent when I joined the adult ranks. I thought we were invincible," she mused with a small smile on her face, one full of nostalgia. 

The smile disappeared, being replaced with a hardened expression. "But I was wrong. I'll spare you the bloody details but they were all killed while I was away. We were small and weak, that's why my brother's pack is no more." 
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
This often happened when delving into someone's past, or so he found. He was often interested in other peoples' stories, but didn't like bringing sorrow by forcing them to relive a traumatising past. Still, it was up to Nadie if she wanted to talk to him about this, and it seemed she did. So he respected that, and listened quietly.

It was a heart-breaking tale, and Goldhawk swallowed before concluding softly: I don't think it happened because they were small and weak, old gal. It happened because the world can be cruel. He gave a faint, reassuring smile. They sound like they were jolly wonderful wolves.
84 Posts
Ooc —
"Perhaps. Either way, I apologize for revealing such a depressing tale. I'm sure it's more than you bargained for,"Nadie attempted a smile. A pregnant silence swelled between the two, the large female wondering if now was the time to make an exit.

wanna wrap it up?
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Sure, I'll fade it out here. :D Thanks for the thread!

Goldhawk shook his head at once: no need at all to apologise, he said warmly. Then he gave a nod of goodbye and a swish of his tail. [q]I'd best be on my patrol. Thank you for the spar and for the story[/a], he added with honesty, then with one last smile (and one friend stronger) he was off.