Redhawk Caldera take this sinking boat and point it home
15 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
The massive Caldera had remained a tiny dot on the horizon for an excruciatingly long time before Panther was certain he was making progress on the trek. Robin's direction had been specific, but he had not sought to follow them directly. He was on the cusp of sexual maturity, and wanderlust had been strengthening its grip on him the more time passed; but he was practical wolf, and did not wish to explore without the support of a pack at his back. Hence his first destination in the Teekon Wilds. He thought perhaps that he might be able to sate his thirst for exploration and evolution under the stead of a relative, independent of the natal family group. Robin had said much of Fox's claim, including how territorial the pack was, which influenced Panther's decision to call from several miles outside of the Caldera.
Banned
48 Posts
Ooc — Kiir/Ryl
Ashmedai was patrolling the borders mostly because no one had told him to and he was getting slightly bored. Paws had tracked the ridges and curves of the land, familarising themselves with it, growing accustomed to the rocky terrain. A scent - male - wafted through the air and he sniffed, trained nose honing in and activating Stalk Mode in his mind.

He followed the smell to the borders - and beyond, for there, a speck against the glaring light, was a thing that could not be defined as a wolf or at least not until it came closer. "You linger rather close to the borders of these wolves." Ash called, tail raised like a mast and ears up. His tone was lazily bored, but he was on high alert. The last wolf he'd met he had to chase away, and he didn't want this wolf to do so as well. No use coming and then running.

"Name and intentions" the same, curt voice lifted away and would definitely be heard by the other wolf (if it was even a wolf). Posture dominant, but not that of a leader, Ashmedai fell silent to let the other take the stage.
15 Posts
Ooc —
Panther had been right to keep his distance, and even still this did not seem to be enough of a spread to appease the wolves of Caldera, one of which now commented disapprovingly of his loitering. He came close enough to be distinguished from the low afternoon shadows, and the tip of his tail wiggled blithely, his ears falling neatly to his skull. "Panther, sir," he called tentatively, barely loud enough to be heard— and upon hearing how dashed his voice sounded on the cool air, he dared to venture further another three steps.

"I've come looking for my older sister, Fox." He wondered if he should further explain his intentions behind seeking the red leader, but he chose to ask something more appropriate. "Does she still stay in the Caldera?" he asked, motioning lightly over the older male's shoulder. He couldn't distinguish much else about him at that time, as Panther kept his gaze keenly avoided so that he might display a lack of ill intent.
Banned
48 Posts
Ooc — Kiir/Ryl
He listened patiently, steel blue eyes pale and hard in the light and yet... Ashmedai listened. His name was Panther (was that a cat?), and he took another three steps forward. The guardian did not make move to stop him seeing as he was well within his rights outside the borders, but if he should cross, Ash would not fail to make quick work of him.

"Fox remains in the Caldera, yes." For now, he would withhold information of Fox's position until the leader arrived. "You come seeking her; anything else?" The question was clearly one that expected Panther to explain further - what after he found her? Would he just leave and turn his back with knowledge of the wolves of the Caldera? "And what after you meet her?"

Ashmedai would call Fox, but he didn't call yet - preferring to hear the male out before making any decisions.
15 Posts
Ooc —
The wolf was certainly thorough in his query, but Panther was not one to begrudge the necessary. "Yes, er actually— I was hoping that she'd have the room to take me in, assuming she's still leader here. I wanted to talk to her about it," he explained, politely implying that he would rather explain all this to her since she would need his story anyway. This just felt a little like going to the doctor's office and telling the nurse all your issues, just for the actual doctor to come in later and have you repeat everything you've already said. "I'm just another able body," he thought to add with a lank shrug, as he had no particular specialty or trade to speak of— and his interest in things was far too vast and superficial to have yet concentrated on any one thing to date.
Banned
48 Posts
Ooc — Kiir/Ryl
"Then I will ask for her. Kindly wait a moment." He nodded, satisfied, and howled for @Fox to take over the reins. When he'd finished, Ashmedai turned to Panther, eyes looking him up and down (even though he was taller than himself). "So, tell me about yourself, potential packmate.
15 Posts
Ooc —
Panther's expression was taken by an easy smile as the Caldera wolf called for the sister he had never met, so that he might forge a relationship they had never had. The rangy, inkwell creature knew better than to have any hopes for this, though. This was just as much a long shot as it was approaching any pack. Having never known Fox besides what he was told about her, put him in the same position as all strangers. He could even be lying, though he would adamantly prove that he was not. Tail wagging, he finally took a moment to observe the male fully as he addressed him, finding himself particularly interested in the steel-blues of his eyes.

"I don't think I have a great propensity for anything besides mimicking others," he said. "Their actions, I mean." Although, his accent was proof that he also had a talent for imitating voices. He had simply never been interested in making another voice besides this one. It had been that way for more than half of his young life and it wasn't likely to change as he aged. "Makes me a fast learner. And I can take care of myself. Guess that also makes me useful on a basic level, dunnit?" he asked, more hopeful than anything. Could a mediocre wanderer find a place here?
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
For some reason or another, Redhawk Caldera had been bustling lately. They'd had a couple of new folks turn up and join them, and the kids were growing and getting into all kinds of trouble. Peregrine was more-or-less bound to the rendezvous site due to his leg injury, but Fox had been more active than usual to pick up the slack. When a summoning howl was heard, she kissed Peregrine and then bounded toward the sound, eager to hear what Ash had in store for her.

Having never met her younger brother, Fox had no idea who the stranger was standing at her doorstep. "Are we chasing him off for not showing proper etiquette?" Fox asked her pack-mate before giving the black wolf a sidelong glance.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Banned
48 Posts
Ooc — Kiir/Ryl
Fox seemed surprisingly excited, thumping onto the scene and Ashmedai made to lower his tail and ears, though his behaviour still remained dominant in front of Pather (but noticeably less than Fox's). He gave a bemused smile and attempted to greet her, but was immediately cut off the moment he opened his mouth by her own queries. Are we chasing him off for not showing proper etiquette? She asked, and Ash was not sure whether that was humour or an actual question.

Dear gods.

"Says he's your younger brother, ma'am. He can learn fast, he's independent and he can be a parrot, apparently." Shooting his Alpha an apologetic look as if Ashmedai was playing into the game of border patrol (which he was). "So no, I don't think we'll be chasing him off. He's rather polite. Sorry to disappoint, ma'am."
15 Posts
Ooc —
The small red creature seemingly materialized out of thin air, and Panther had the forthcoming wit to appear abashed, as she couldn't possibly be any other wolf than the one that had been called. This could be untrue, but the evidence before him was surmounting, and the tall black Crestwood dipped into a crouch, tucking his ears neatly as they talked rather plaintively of his fate. The nameless Caldera male seemed to be on his side, and Panther angled his slim muzzle towards the red-furred superior without lifting his eyes to her face. "My name's Panther Crestwood. I was born just a little while after you left," he thought to explained, but then also figured this was mostly useless, so he cleared his throat and surged on lowly.

"Robin said you had a pack out this way, and I had an interest in exploring so I thought I might seek to join you, earn myself a place of residence here, while I sniff about when I can, dabbling here and there where curiosity leads." He sounded a little floaty, so thought to amend with: "I'll do whatever I need to have a place to call home— I'm not keen on being a loner, it's not practical— and though I figured my odds of acceptance are about the same anywhere, I thought I might have a negligible advantage by being related to the owner."
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
It seemed Fox was more harsh on newcomers than these new joiners seemed to be. She squinted at Ash for a moment after his explanation, then turned to hear what Panther had to say. Familial relations had little pull on Fox... especially ones she didn't have a preexisting relationship with. However, she'd accepted Allure on a non-familial relation with two of her frenemies... so perhaps Panther had a chance after all.

Fox snorted at his last remark, amused by his humor. "Like anybody, you'll have to earn your place," she replied. "Ash here will show you around. You have four very new nephews floating around at the rendezvous site, but I'd prefer you kept your distance for at least a dozen days or so. We always screen newcomers, family or not." Fox didn't have anything else to add (or ask). She briefly wondered how Robin was, but figured they could catch up another time.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Banned
48 Posts
Ooc — Kiir/Ryl
"Well-uh," was the only reply the now dubbed Ash deigned to give, pretty sure the rest of it would have embarrassed him to no end. "If you'd follow me, I can help you get sorted." He gave one last bow to Fox then scooted off with Panther behind him, mouth already running to give him the rundown of the place.

Tour guide Ashmedai Noctis. Add that to his list of talents and skills, and he was set to go.
15 Posts
Ooc —
"Of course," he said, grinning at Fox as he bowed his head, already feeling his competitive spark igniting at the prospect of proving himself. He might be a daydreamy wanderer, but the lean, masculine wolf was no sloth. He looked up at his volunteer tour guide, before straightening himself to his elegant height. "Thanks for the chance," he added to his sister, who's screening he hoped to pass in the coming weeks, before taking a smooth, hitchless gait after Ash.