Larksong Grotto Request
Kappa
11 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Joining 
(Earlier post: [size=large]As Sapphire woke up and stretched forward a huge yawn escaped her jaws. She knew what she had to do if she was ever going to be in this pack. First, she quickly scoped out a mouse and ambushed it, eating it hungrily. Next, she returned to her dug out den and sat, her muzzle to the sky, and howled a request to enter the lands and maybe secure herself a spot in the pack.) [/size]

[size=large]After waiting and not hearing anything, she took a few steps onto the land and howled once more, requesting to join and be as one with this glorious pack. [/size]
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Flails to make this fit on my timeline

Reek retuned to the grotto from his recruitment run with an empty belly. The pain of hunger was deep -- internal and dull -- but the pain was his compas. He was guided home by his incessantly growling stomach and his nose led the way. The first thing Reek did upon his return home was to settle in at one of the caches. He unearthed a rabbit; half rotten— dirt clinging to it's sagging skin. But, food was food, and as hungry as Reek was, he found it easy to push past the foul smell.

He wolfed the small morsel down, leaving nothing to remain but bone, but his hunger had not been fully sated. He dug deeper, but found nothing further in the cache. With a discontented huff, Reek shook his head. However, his discontent did not last for long, as his disappointment was immediately interrupted by a howl coming from the border.

Reek made his way toward the noise in a steady limp. Despite his injured, weakened state, the alpha male approached with posture suggesting to his rank. His tail stood erect and his ears shot forward. His voice however, it held no harshness. "Yes?" he asked, imploring the stranger's reasoning for being so close.
Kappa
11 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Noticing the wolf's posture Sapphire quickly lowered herself close to the ground, showing submission. 
"I'm here to request entrance into your pack. I've been lone my whole life and lost my parents when I was a few months. I would greatly appreciate it you gave me a place to belong."

After a short pause, Sapphire remembered to introduce herself.
"My name is Sapphire Sephora and I need a home. I have noticed in my days watching, you have become low on members and may need a new one."
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Remember, if you want to add something in to your post before someone replies to a thread, try not to double post. Instead, edit the first post with what you want to add. It keeps the board cleaner. If you have any questions, you can always consult the guidebook and you can always ask me personally if need be :p

As all wolves who approached a border that was not their own should, the stranger held herself in a posture of submission. Reek stepped forward and let his snout hover just above her lowered head. He took a few precursory sniffs, making note of the stranger's scent profile before backing away. She was not from anywhere he consciously knew, and for some strange reason, it set Reek at ease. He felt himself a man with enemies all over the wilds: it was good to know this strange woman was from a much different land. She would not know his name. She would not know the things Reek had done.

A blank slate lay before him. One who would not regard him with the trappings of the stigma nor the misfortune that followed him.

Reek's brow furrowed as he waited for the stranger to speak -- gaze settling upon her, full-bore. She made her intention clear right off the bat. She sought a home. The grotto needed members and Reek began to nod his head. He found himself not as selective as he used to be, however, his kind and melancholic gaze hardened as the newly introduced Sapphire had mentioned she had been watching. All-the-while, Reek was away searching for Tavi and recruits. To know a stranger had been lingering close without making her presence known set Reek on edge. His discomfort was evident in the way the fur on his back stood straight.

"You've been watching?" he asked, eyes narrowing into slits. "Why didn't you call then?" His discomfort was impossible to hide, but even still, he knew how bad he needed recruits
Kappa
11 Posts
Ooc — Belle
As the supposed alpha scented her, Sapphire took a deep whiff. She needed to remember if she was to join. Her fur ruffled lightly when the powerful wolf asked her why she had been watching his pack.She refused to show her uneasiness.
She raised herself the slightest bit, attempting to show some sort of confidence. 
"I have only been watching a short while. Before then I was searching for a place that might be in need of me, otherwise I fear I would not be accepted. i only howled when I realized what had been happening."
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
While Reek's unease had been evident, the more he thought about the situation, the more it began to make sense to him. Who would want to commit themselves to a pack without knowing the slightest thing about them? He typically wondered that when wolves, who were complete strangers, vowed to pledge their lives to a pack of more strangers. It was all just... weird.

"Fair enough," said Reek, allowing his bristled hair to now lie flat on his back. "What sort of skills do you bring the to the table Sapphire?" he asked. Even though the grotto was struggling for members, Reek couldn't have dead weight weighing them down.
Kappa
11 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sapphire's ear perked up at the question. Her skills. She had never really taken that into thought before then. 
"I am a pretty good Hunter but I'm not bad in a fight. I may be small but because of that I'm fast. i can whip around really fast and that help when hunting.. Let's say, bunnies." Her tail wagged slightly at the though of chasing down a nice rabbit.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Everyone had some way of making themselves useful within the setting of a pack. There were wolves whom Reek deemed utterly useless, but they were few and far between. The potential recruit mentioned her ability to hunt small game. Reek nodded and wondered if that would be her niche among among them. "Okay," he said, nodding his head.

Being the man he was, Reek desired some form of proof. Having been somewhat of a bull-shitter for most of his life, Reek knew sometimes talk was cheep. Her claims would have to be backed up by action. "There are some rabbit warrens north of here," he said, shrugging his shoulders forward. "I can lead you there... and if you can catch me a rabbit, I'll let you stay." It seemed a fair trade: Food in trade for foster. "Deal?" he asked.
Kappa
11 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She nodded eagerly. I'm acting like a pup she Thought to herself softly. 
"Deal. Lead the way. But first, I'd like to know your name if we are going to be in a pack together." She said, her tail raised slightly in confidence.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Slight power play of Sapphire following Reek north: if you want me to change anything, let me know!

She took the deal and Reek's forlorn face briefly shone with delight. He had not been in hunting condition ever since he had returned from the Maplewood, battered and bruised -- his limp suggested as much. For the past couple of weeks, Reek had to take his meals from the caches: the wolfish equivalent to stale leftovers. His mouth was already salivating from the thought of a fresh kill.

"Well, come then," he said, turning north to lead the potential recruit towards the prime hunting grounds. The rocky terrain of the grotto eventually gave way into a rolling valley. The scent of small game lingered in the air. He shot a quick look to the prospective joiner and flashed her a small, tight smile.

"Okay," he fell to his rump and yawned. "You know what to do." From here on out, Reek's role was that of an observer and nothing more.
Kappa
11 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The wolf beckoned sapphire. He hard we mentioned his name but she didn't care right now. She had followed him north a ways and caught the scent of a rabbit she instantly crouched "you know what to do then" the big wolf signaled.
Sapphire behave to move slowly and quietly until she saw the rabbit. It was gnawing on a small bush. It didn't have any burrows or dens nearby. She brought herself up slowly from the ground behind a tree and pounced, already sprinting, claws ready. She chased the rabbit for only a moment before catching it by the spine then giving it the neck breaking death blow. She walked over to the dark wolf and set the catch gently I front of him, no animal blood loss. She figured he might need the nutrients.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
He told her to go, and so she went. Waiting patiently as she searched for the signs of prey, Reek found it obvious that she had caught the scent of something, because out of nowhere, Sapphire zeroed in on her mark as if she had some sort of targeting computer imbedded in her head. She bolted toward the rabbit; the small creature gave a valiant effort in it's attempt to outrun the hunting wolf, but eventually it came out the loser. With the corpse of her kill hanging limply in Sapphire's mouth, the wolf made her way toward Reek victorious.

She dropped the meal at Reek's outstretched forepaws. Wasting no time, Reek tore into the fresh kill and began to eat (having not filled his stomach from being interrupted at the cache earlier). She probably expected some sort of response. With a mouth full of rabbit, Reek spoke. "Well—" Crudely, he tore another piece of rabbit away. "Welcome to the grotto."

When there was little left but scraps, Reek rose to his feet and motioned for the new recruit to join him as they walked back to the territory -- toward her new home.
Kappa
11 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She watched the big wolf, well, wolf down the rabbit greedily, accepting her into the pack between bites. He must have been quite hungry, she thought to herself. He soon got up and becconed her, leading her deeper into the pack territory. Her new home. Maybe a place to belong. She said one final sentence as they walked further.
"You still haven't told me your name." She gave the slightest wolf grin. Cocking her head to the tiniest of measures, her tail raise slight in a playful posture. she couldn't wait to find out more about her alpha.