The Sentinels you call me lavender, you call me sunshine
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
overdue for @Eilidh for our trade!

deirdre wandered throughout the forest, basking in the rays of light that penetrated the cover donnelaith lent them. moving through the redwood quietly, she was given pause when she heard a soft thunk and a shrill tweet. her course was diverted at once, her movements once aimless but swiftly becoming driven. and when she saw a bird injured at the base of a tree, her heart tore and her face fell. not experienced in this, but wanting to help the poor creature, deirdre sent up a call for her sister, @Eilidh, who would surely know what to do to help the animal. some might think of hunting it, but deirdre could not, so sweet the critter looked! its wing was bent, though she was not yet sure if it was broken. she fell to her belly and began to crawl near the harmed thing, and it looked to her with an ample amount of fear. but in its shock from the fall, it could not steal away from her in that moment.
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Though she was glad Constantine had returned to them, Eilidh's heart still ached for her other brother, Casmir, and the love she thought she felt for Tachyon. She hadn't seen him since his return and told herself she didn't want to see him. Her heart ached at the mere mention of his name, and she wasn't sure what that meant. Perhaps she'd ask Mamma or Pappa their thoughts on the matter. Her wandering mind was interrupted by Deirdre's call, and with a deep breath, Eilidh flashed across the territory to find her little sister tending a wounded bird. Her pace slowed as she approached, and likewise she crawled on her belly toward her sister and the bird. Deirdre, what's happened?
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
the cub heard her sister approach, and turned to watch her come toward her upon her belly. deirdre smiled wanly at eilidh, happy to see her, but her fretting mind would not let her ignore the struggle the animal before her endured. this one fell from a tree. their wing... is it broken? can we help them? the babe turned back to the injured bird that stared beadily back at them in fright, its gaze shifting from one wolf to the next. surely, it believed it had met its end, no matter how many sweet songs the forest sang of the gentle hearted witch and her good elder sister!
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
I'm so sorry for the wait! <3

Eilidh bent down to her sister and kissed her cheek gently before looking toward the creature she guarded. It was a tiny bird with a bent wing, and she inspected it as carefully as she would a crying babe. She lowered herself to her belly and poked her nose forward, slowly, to allow the bird to realize she was not here to hurt her. Shh, little one. I mean you no harm. When the panicked creature seemed to calm, she then moved her nose closer, and touched the deformed wing. The creature cried out, but Eilidh was able to push the wing just slightly, and heard a faint pop! from it. Better? she asked it with a smile, turning to Deirdre.
Trades
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre observed her sister, watched worriedly as the bird fretted. but once it calmed, eilidh knew just what to do--her own heart slowed, and she let out a breath of relief. she watched as the bird shifted its wings and was in pain no more; she was thankful for this, and amazed as well. in awe of what she had witnessed, she looked to her sister and asked, how did you do this?
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh truly didn't know how she'd accomplished the task, but something had been off about the bird's wing, and she'd followed her intuition by pushing it back into place. I'm not sure. Something about the wing spoke to me and I knew it was misplaced. There was no explanation she could give about how she knew; she simply did. I thought that maybe I could right the wing by pushing on it. So I did, and it worked. Eilidh smiled at her sister, wondering herself where that knowledge came from. Perhaps it was in the whispering of the wind.
Trades