Seaside Moors A siren I might be, but I am just searching for love
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
All Welcome 
Anyone welcome to give mah new baby a warm welcome!

The siren traveled further and further through the new wasteland. All she could see was gray and brown and the lighter sand of the coast. Geez, what happened here? Were there even wolves here? She made her way along the coast that reminded her too much of home. It almost brought tears to her eyes seeing the waves again, lapping at the shore like a kitten. The cold sea breeze going through her snow coat, carrying with it the salty smell of the sea. She sighed loudly. Whatever. Just because it felt like home, smelled like home and looked like home didn't mean it was. No one here would despise her, she was certain of it. She would just be a normal woman, she would find love.

She turned her back to the coast and traveled more inland where the destruction was even worse. Carcasses of insects crushed beneath her paws and she made a disgusted face. Eeewww... She hummed, pulling up her front leg to remove an insect stuck in her paw. Surely there was no one crazy enough to live here, right?
"I simply... Don't remember."
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
@Ondine Going to jump into this one! leaving this kinda vague bc the saltwinter joining thread is unresolved

The days had pasted quickly, as he wandered along the seaside coast for almost a week. He would turn back towards the mountains soon, after he had finished his journey here. Amber eyes flashed as he took in the vast landscape, memorizing all the details so he would not be lost. The smell of the sea would draw him back to the coast with ease, and he trusted his paws to bring him where he needed to be.

Yet for a whole week, all he had seen was destruction. This land was beautiful, that was true, but the decease bought the image down. He briefly thought back to Horned Owl Valley, his birthplace, where the owls flew free and he built his nest out of their soft down and feathers. 

Sighing softly, he turned inland to check out the plains he had scoped out at the grove of trees near the coast. The destruction was worst there, and he stepped into the bodies of some dead locusts. The silent and loneliness of the moors where familiar to him, and he felt shock run through him when he thought he heard a wolf's voice. Prickling his ears, he turned towards the sound, paws picking up and he sprinted towards it.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Finally, the dead body was out of her paw and she spat it out on the ground. Stupid filthy thing... She murmured under her breath. She often spoke to herself and to things around her. Loneliness did that to a traveler. Well, at least to her. She also found herself humming quite a lot. Just toneless hums of boredom filling the air around her. She went further inland, taking with her the quite beautiful sounding hums.

This peace was not for long though. Loud paws slapping the earth, breathing, and the smell of another loner. All signs that someone was attacking her more than anything. She growled, not wanting to fight so soon in this wasteland. She turned to see a silver pelted male and if he didn't stop running, she would pull up her lip to reveal some pearly white teeth, ready to fight if that was his intention.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
that new avatar looks amazing <33

The shape of the other wolf became clearer as he approached, and he let himself feel the freedom of running, skidding slightly against the earth as he ran. The air was musky and and thick, yet his tail wagged in excitment at the prspect of meeting new friends. He could hear the wolf's humming now, a pretty sound floating through the air. He gave a short hum of his own, his deeper voice harmonitizing with hers for a moment.

When she noticed him, she growled softly. Realising she was probably threatened by his running, he slowed, paws coming to a halt on the earth. Panting slightly, he trotted towards her at a slower speed, tail wagging and ears up to show he meant no harm.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Thanks! :D Fire just looks badass on any wolf :p

Bi-colored eyes watched the speeding silver flash of wolf as he slowed down. She raised an eyebrow at him with a dazed face. Behind him, she could see his tail wagging like a flag. She let hers hang between her legs, for if he was not here to cause harm, there was no point in showing dominance. But why didn't he speak?

A frown found its way on her berry juice stained face, one aqua eye twinkling with curiosity while her other one stayed as black as night. Good... She looked up at the sky to see what time of day it was. Afternoon? She added with a distracted look. She let her orbs scan his physique, noting he was well trained and in good shape for someone living in this wasteland, just like her. He either had prepared for the locust attack, which was unlikely, or he had come here around the same time as she. 
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
He studied the wolf when he was close enough. For a moment, he thought she sad recently lost one of her eyes, nearly flinching when he saw it. Then, he realised it was simply a black eye, stained with... berry juice? The other eyes, a beautiful aqua blue, turned to him as he neared. The female chuffed out a greeting, Slancio grinned slightly when she did not act hostile to him.

"Good afternoon indeed. It would be a better afternoon if I could find something to eat, but it could be worse," Slancio spoke when he was close to the other wolf. A slight cringe came to him when he accidentally step on a dead locust, flinging his paw around to get it off.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Amber eyes met hers, friendly orbs with a warm glint and a cheerful smile found a way on her feminine face. Why the man had approached her was unknown, maybe even to him, but she praised him for it. She wasn't a very normal sight, she knew, and found it very brave of the man to approach her just like that. Oh, just imagine what it had been like if she had been as feral as she looked. That wouldn't have ended pretty, let me tell you that.

Ondine chuckled softly. You should try one of the locusts. She made a kissy noise with her mouth. De-Li-Cious. She added in pure sarcasm. The taste of one the insect bodies was still in her mouth from removing it from her paw. It tasted like poison, though she was sure it wasn't that.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
The female wolf smiled at him, causing an easy grin on Slancio's face. He wondered what her reason for being here was. This land seems barren and far away from the rest of the population, and he had only ventured this far out because he was curious what the side of the coast would bring. To be alone, out here, that was was a rare sight. "I'm Slancio," He introduced himself, "Might I ask what a lady like you like doing out here?"

The female made a quip about eating the locusts, making a kissy noise as a jest. Following up with a sarcastic remark, she caused a soft chuckle to come from Slancio. "Because the creepy mushy feeling and frothy taste would be ever so enjoyable." he shot back, a natural reflex for himself. This female wolf was amusing, and interesting as well, Sclancio wouldn't mind a friend like her.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Ondine bowed in greeting, the proper way to greet from where she had been born. Ondine, good sir. She spoke, the words easily rolling off her tongue. She had a British accent but was unaware of it. Apparently her grandmother- and father had been shipped from Europe, so maybe that was the reason for it. Oh well, details didn't matter. Slancio, huh? An easy name to remember, simply because it reminded her of the word slapping.

I am merely a traveler looking for a place to stay. She informed, answering his question without any vagueness. Just passing through here. She added. 

His chuckle was a pleasant surprise, proving he was capable of a little fun. She chuckled again at his words. Anything is better than poison. She remarked, remembering her time in the berry forest where also many poisonous berries grew. She had eaten one on accident and had diarrhea for a whole weak! Surely the dead insects were better than that.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Slancio actually means passion, but slapping could be the next definition for him hehe

The female wolf bowed her head to him, a proper and pristine greeting. Slancio was somewhat surprised that such a polite greeting would come from the semingly fierce looking wolf. She introduced herself as Ondine with a slight accent, one he didn't recognize. Slancio filed the name away, she would be easy to remember with her dyed snout appearance and black eye.

She then answered his question, saying she was merely a traveller. Silently, he wondered if she would be willing to follow him back to Saltwinter. "I'm passing through as well. I have travelled here by almost a week, along the coast, and the sights I have seen are amazing." He mentioned his travelling with pride, head tilted up. 

When she replied to his quip with a line about poison, he wondered what she had encountered to make her say that. With a good natured shrug, he spoke, "I might have to challenge you on that. I tried to eat one of the locusts once, to see if I could exploit the insects. I can tell you right now it was the worse thing I had ever taste."
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
His words on the coast got her attention. She had been born on a coast and had admired the sight of the waves for many years. She adored being there, every minute of the day, though dawn and dusk were her favorite. She wondered now if he had also been born at a coast, for he definitely smelled like one who roamed there. Then again, after a whole week of traveling trough the strong scent of the sea, one was bound to carry it with it.

I grew up near a coast. It's a truly beautiful place, isn't it? She said dreamily. She wondered if there were packs near the waves, for if that were the case, she had to check out what kind of wolves had chosen such a wonderful place. But joining a pack now, with food so scarce, wasn't the brightest of plans. But then, she was in good shape and well fed and it would only take another month or so before the green would grow back.

Ah, but the more hungry you get, the better it will taste. She said with a meant grin. Her words were true though. As soon as a wolf got hungry, it would eat all that is edible, even his own sort.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
One last post for today and I'm going to sleep

The female seemed to relax slightly at his words about the coast, dreamily mentioning how beautiful of a place the coast was. Nodding his head slightly at her words. "The coast truly is a beautiful place, " He agreed with her easily. "We're actually not too far away from the coast right now, perhaps less than half a day's journey." He said, wondering if she would be interested to at lest travelling with him towards the coast. 

He would need to get back to the coast to find his way back to Saltwinter. When she made a jest about hunger and locusts, he laughed softly, enjoying her company. "I don't think any amount of hunger will ever make those locusts taste good, " He replied with a fake shudder, content in bantering with her for a while.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
She had already visited the coast, had practically entered the wasteland there.  She had went more inland out of curiosity and because her player wanted a thread here, but details didn't matter. And even if she hadn't been there already, the strong salty scent of the waves was so strong that any wolf could guess that the coast was near. I know. Y'have thoughts about going there any time soon? She asked, her head tipping to the right. If so, she would gladly join him. He seemed like a chill creature to hang around with.

She grinned at his warm laugh. It was always wonderful to hear a sound of joy- especially in a barren wasteland with little to no food. It eased her mind to know not everyone had lost their spirit. It's either locust or dirt. She said as a joke. I think I'd still prefer the dirt though... But I don't think my body would like that very much.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
For a moment, after the words had left his mouth, he wondered if he offended her. The salty scent of the coast was stong enough that any wolf could smell it. Yet she didn't seem to mind and instead asked him if he was heading towards the coast, her head tilting to the right. "Yeah. I'm actually about to head back to the coast. My pack is on the other end of the coast, and I'll be travelling back there." 

The trip out to the side of the coast was eye opening, and he looked forward to revisiting the sights he had seen on his way back. The female continued their friendly banter about eating either locusts or dirt, thought preferring dirt. "Surely even my body would agree that dirt is far better than locusts," He jested.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Crappy post, sorry, it's late XD

She leaned forward, baffled by his words. He didn't smell like pack at all, though she would never accuse someone of lying without evidence. He smelled like the sea, and she knew that the salty smell could indeed cover up some scents. Can I tag along? She asked hopeful. Having connections with a pack member improved her chances of joining it. Of course, that wasn't her only reason for wanting to come with him. She also wanted to meet the creatures of the coast and see the sea again. Besides, if she was heading there anyway, why not go with a friend?

She chuckled again. He was funny, she liked that. Weeiird body then. She commented, not sure what dirt would do to a body.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Nahhh it's nice! Slancio loves friends in general anyways. 1 or 2 more rounds of posts and we can archive?

Maybe the days of travelling along the coast had rubbed off the Saltwinter scent, along with the fact that Saltwinter smelled like the ocean in the first place. He gave her a wide grin when she asked if she could tag along, an excited yip coming from him as he shifted in place. "Sure!" He practically exclaimed, "I'm always up for company, and a nice wolf like you is perfect, " He shot her a toothy grin, happy to have found a companion.

She replied to his jest with another quip, making him laugh as he began to move towards the coast. "Maybe a reasonable one, once you've tasted a locust." He shot back, feeling as free as an owl as he headed towards the coast.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
A wide grin spread across her face as he allowed her to come with him to the coast. Roaming the coast alone was lonely anyway. Peaceful, but so lonely. It was good to see that her appearance didn't frighten everyone. What was peculiar the most was that he was from the coast, yet hadn't called her a siren or waterwitch just yet. Guess not everyone was as judgmental as her former pack. Hopefully the pack which he belonged too shared this trade.

Fine, fine, you win. Locust is the most horrible, disgusting thing to ever be eaten. She sighed defeated but keeping her grin as to show she wasn't being serious. He began walking and Ondine almost jumped up as to follow him, happily trotting beside him to the coast she adored so much.

Think we can archive? If so, feel free to do so :)