Hushed Willows The day after the plague
I'm Free to be The Greatest here Tonight
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
All Welcome 
A bit backdated to the day after almost all locust are gone or dead. Anyone could use this thread for either a hunting skill or something. (Fishing is maybe a good idea since I doubt the locusts have affected them very much). This happens the morning after THIS thread.

Trick woke up, all snuggled up with @Teagan. He blinked his amber eyes, not so tired as the night before. He had to say though, his ass was awfully sore. He got up, making sure not to wake Teabag, and went to sit at the opening if The Crook. He had little to no knowledge of anything else that had happened that night, therefore he didn't know what the others were up to today.

And so he waited for anyone to pass by him, ready to come along. His stomach grumbled and his mouth began to water as he thought about food. Yeah, he could use some of that. Were the locusts edible? Hmm, he had to find out later. For now though, a real meal was preferred.
·Wylie refers to himself as Trick. 
· Shakespearean, normal English and a pirate impression.
~Adopt Avalon!~
[Image: Caregiver_zpsbqqkmcip.gif] ~1~ [Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif] ~2~
Sister
Though she be old, she is fearless.
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova Rose was up early, but it seemed as though she wasn't the first today. The little ebony wolf who had came into Kunik's lesson. What was his name? It took Nova a moment to remember what he called himself, though she wondered if Trick was his real name or not. Surely in her travels she'd heard some pretty weird names.... So it was, after all, possible. Whatever. 
 The golden elder stood and stretched before padding towards him, her big paws slapping heavily against the stone in sleep.
             "Good morning, Trick."
She spoke warmly, though she was stopped from saying anything else as a long, wide yawn engulfed her.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Trick had always been quite an early bird. He barely needed sleep. Well, it felt as if he didn't need it all that much. He yawned though as the first rays of sun hit his raven fur and made his green eyes sparkle with golden flecks. Just as the sound popped back into his ears did he notice he wasn't the only soul awake as thumping footsteps approached him from behind. He dearly hoped he didn't smell awfully like Teagan, but alas, the two had slept so close together that the scent of the foxy male was now intertwined with his.

The gentle voice of the older woman tickled his ears and he turned his head around to see her. She was yawning and this triggered Trick again. He yawned with her, teeth very white and clean for the fact he hadn't eaten all that much. Morning, my lady. He greeted after he was done yawning. What are you up to so early in the morning? He asked to make a little small talk.
~Adopt Avalon!~
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The elders jaws finally closed and her spectral eyes were once again focused on him, warm and motherly per the usual. He seemed much more pleasant this morning than their last meeting, and her mind went to the only difference: Kunik. Did he not like the red female? Hm, perhaps it would be brought up later. He called her 'my lady', and of course that fueled the females vanity, obvious in her slight shift to stand a little taller. Not in dominance, just pure pride. He was much more polite, asking even what she was up for to create conversation. Perhaps she'd been wrong?
"Oh I'm usually up relatively early. I like to spend the morning marking borders, checking for any disturbances. The first hours of morning are my second favorite time of day."
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
He didn't dislike Kunkun all that much, he more or less just knew she knew that he knew that she knew what he was up to, therefore she was a threat to his plans on dominating this part of Teekon. Shortly said, he wanted to outsmart her. And in a way, he was already doing it. Ever since they had met, Kunik had no real evidence that he was evil, just a little shady maybe. But then again, Trick had build -with Grace, he must add- the Cave of Herbs, which had been a great idea seeing as how their territory, and all surrounding it, was now a wasteland. He had done much for the pack, and he knew that she knew that Warbone knew as well. He had even gone out of his way to answer the crying call of Tavi in the middle of the night, only to help the cramping to-be mother. Surely Warbone knew Trick was doing good for the pack.

The absence of Kunik though had nothing to do with his cheeriness. Well, maybe just a little, but it wasn't the main reason. It was the guy to guy sex he had had with Teagan and the fact that he wasn't the only shady male in this pack that brought him in a good mood. Plus, he never meant to be rude to Nova Rose at all. He was just proving Kunik wrong and making himself comfortable, and if that was seen as rude, clearly she wasn't worthy enough.

Well, someone has to do it, am I right? He commented on the females words that stated she liked marking the borders. Trick could care less who wandered into their territory, seeing as how most of them would either die or get wounded. That was the way Warbone liked to rule, he thought. Trick didn't find much joy in spending long hours at the borders. Actually, he couldn't remember a time where he had even marked them. Perhaps he would have to one day to keep his good guy image. What's your first favorite time of day then? He questioned, now just slightly curious. Any personal information on anyone was good for his image.
~Adopt Avalon!~
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Unawares of the thoughts going through the raven males head, though she could clearly smell Teagan ALL over him, Nova shrugged at his first comment. It was true, someone did have to.
        "Its just a perk that I like it, I suppose. Makes life easier."
She gave the sandy fur of her chest a couple of soft licks to smooth it out, and Trick asked what her first favorite was. That was easy! She loved the feeling of the dark, even if she didn't exactly blend with the shadows.
                       "Usually midnight and the hour or two after. I find the solidarity of night to be the most calming to the soul."
She stepped out into the cool morning air, taking a deep breath before turning her ghostly eyes over her shoulder to Trick. They seemed to ask if he wanted to join her patrol, but different words fell from her silver lips. It would be unlike her to give information and not expect any back.
                      "What is your favorite time then?"
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Trick snorted softly in amusement. It's a good perk to have for a pack wolf, I guess. He commented. He wasn't even lying. Weak borders only made it that much harder for the whole pack. But him, a little devious male -with muscle-, patrolling them? Surely that would get the wrong impression of the pack. His small frame could only scare prey, and though he was quite scary, he thought most brutes would walk right past him.

As the female was smoothing her coat, Trick noticed how sloppy he looked after the wild night. An embarrassed facial expression accompanied the droopiness of his ears as he started licking himself too. He had done this many times, hence why his fur was always spotless, and so he was done quite fast. He listened to her and was surprised midnight was her favorite. He had imagined the lady liked midday better. Guess, he couldn't predict everything. He kept his mouth shut though, afraid that if he said it out loud she would pick it up as rude again.

Trick's head followed her movements to the opening of the cave where the sun now lit her already light pelt up. To her question he replied honestly. I prefer dusk, how the day slowly changes into night with a warm orange and pink color. How the sun kisses the earth goodnight to make way for the moon to take over. He got carried away thinking about his nights as a loner, watching the sky at dusk. He would never forget those warm summer evenings.  
~Adopt Avalon!~
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova shrugged at his first comment, but left it alone to drop the subject. Trick seemed a little embarrassed at his messier pelt, and to the elder turned her face to give him a level of privacy. 
He seemed surprised at her answer, and a smile lit up her face. She shook out her golden fur, feeling the rays of the sun not just warm her pelt but set it ablaze. She sstraightened herself, perking her ears and surpressing the urge to prance around the territory. Tricks passion caught her attention though, and she found herself listening intently. 
              "It is one of the more senic parts of the day, and just as pretty. Care to come on a walk ?"
She padded a few feet forward, sending another glance his way.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Trick honestly couldn't care less if the female was watching him smoothing out his pelt. It wasn't as if he was licking his own private parts or anything like that- but even if he was he wouldn't care one bit. As long as he wasn't harming anyone with it, it was free.

She shook her golden like fur, a beautiful sight if Trick was honest. The poofiness of her fur was perfect for sunlight and it made dust fly around as if she was surrounded by a million fireflies. His muzzle wiggled as he breathed in the dust of the cave and soon after he sneezed. Pardon me. He muttered. He might have devious plans, but he had been raised to have manners.

At her question, he nodded. It wasn't as if he had anything else to do anyway, why not explore the wasteland? I'll gladly accompany you. He said, following her to the outside world that he hadn't seen in a few hours.
~Adopt Avalon!~
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova padded on at a slow, leisurely pace, taking in everything she could with spectral eyes. So much destruction from such little bugs? She was not surprised, but still. How far would this go on? She sighed, shaking her head.
             "Such a shame."
There were no more leaves on the trees, or shrubbery to hide behind. The grass was naught but roots buried beneath the surface, and the scent of prey was weak. The elder headed for the borders by habit, for it was what she would see as most different; it was where she spent most of her time.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Trick slowly padded behind the elderly woman, the pace actually a little too slow for the agile man. He was used to trotting and sprinting, but walking wasn't something he did often. He stared at the ground, hoping for the sound of the Weeping Willow's leaves to make that nice, peaceful sound that it always made, but nothing came. It was as quiet as a dull person's head.

Indeed... He sighed softly, waving his tail from side to side as he followed her to the border which he was vaguely familiar with. The scent of Nova was awfully present here as well, revealing that she indeed found enjoyment in wandering on this invisible line that loners couldn't cross unless they wanted to die.
~Adopt Avalon!~