Hushed Willows friends let's commiserate
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Private 
For @Nova Rose and @Stark -- slight pp, hope its ok.

She had thought about it for a while now, laying awake while watching Tambourine sleep. Seeing the fleeting figures of wolves come in and out of the crook, either to deposit something for her or to rest, they were always silhouettes. And those silhouettes made her think of Reek, over and over. None of them made her think more of the man than Stark, who held the same complexion and knack for wit; and so it was he she called first. Leaving her son tucked carefully among the shadows and stones, she departed from his side for only a few minutes, and slipped away from him - not far, just to the entrance to the Crook where the sunbleached stone glowed with summer light. 

There, Octavia looked for the dark man. She bayed in to the surroundings, watching the thin tendrils of naked willow branches sway limply all around; then, noticing a flash of gold and cream in her periphery, she turned and caught sight of the elder woman, Nova. Good, you're here too, she murmured, more to herself than the nearby company, and tried to catch her eye. Hopefully Nova would notice her swiftly, and maybe Stark would not be far behind — she had a mission for the two of them and wanted to get things over with lickity-split, so she could return to her (probably cold) son.
Sister
Though she be old, she is fearless.
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova was snuffling about in the Crook, for once, enjoying the cool shadows today to the barren landscape outside. It was a surprise to her, however, as Tavi looked directly at her. "Good, you're here too." 
Did she hear that right? The alpha seemed not only pleased to see her, but needed her. Was something wrong with her, or Tamborine? Grace had told her mother of their encounter: why would the alpha be calling for her if they needed healing? The golden female glided forwards, ghostly eyes blinking curiously. 
       "You need me, Octavia?"
For a moment, she wondered if she'd imagined it all, and half expected the grey female to snap at her like the elder was crazy.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
He was caught off guard by Octavia calling him. It was a pleasant change to drop pioneer ng by unannounced, hopefully not to make her feel bad again. He rounded back from the path he had been cutting to go back to the Crook. It didn't take him too long to get back to where she was. 

The sun warmed his back and he offered her a polite bow of his head, his blue eyes just straying briefly to the older female with the unusual coloring. "Need something, Octavia?"  and please don't say watch my kid - he would do it, but he'd be scared the whole time.
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
The older woman looked quite flustered and confused, but Tavi overlooked that while she waited for Stark. Once they were all together, both subordinates had similar queries, and she was prompt in getting to the point. I have an errand for you. One of you, or both of you, I don't really care which - way to delegate. With a glance between the golden wolf and the dark young man, Octavia seemed to size them up for this oncoming duty, although the task itself was really simple. It took her a moment to get on with explaining only because it was still so hard for her to talk about Reek or the grotto. I need someone to deliver a message to someone — to uh, Tambourine's father. To let him know that Tam was born. Up until this point Tavi had been sort of undecided on the topic, but faced now with these two eager beavers, she knew it would be wrong to put it off further.

She hadn't actually voiced Reek's name to anyone since talking with Arkham, and so as she went on to give some directions, Octavia tried to get around it. If you go north from here you'll find a big forest. I mean, it'll be pretty bare now, but... Look for that. To the east of it is a burned out section upon a ridge which the locusts probably ignored, unless they really like barbecue, she was starting to ramble now and paused, taking a breath, steadying whatever nerves she had left.

To the north of that is the grotto, where... Where I used to live. Tambourine's father should be there. I need you guys to find him and let him know I am safe, and that he has a healthy son. But - this was added as an afterthought, somewhat more muted than the rest of the instructions, don't give him any indication of where we live. If he asks questions then, I dunno, lie, or something. I don't want him to come looking for me. With all that said, Tavi lulled in to an uncomfortable silence, wondering if they had any questions.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova, after a quick nod to Stark, listened intently to the alpha. Their orders were almost completely clear, except for who they were finding. She said they were looking for Tamborine's father, but didn't give a description of any sorts. Obviously, that wasn't acceptable to go on.
"Can you be a wee bit more specific, Octavia? Whats the name of the pack and, more importantly, Tamborine's fathers name?"
Of course she didnt know Tavi's inner turmoil, but it wouldn't have made a difference: she and Stark would need this information to get the right wolf. The elder noticed her alphas anxiety, and gave her a worried frown.
"Are you alright Tavi? If you need some advice, I'm sure an old girl like me might have something to help."
She understood the part of not telling anyone where they settled: it was one of Warbone's more strict rules. But why wouldn't she want his father to come see him? Did something happen?
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark focused on Octavia, following her directions mentally - exploring the area as he went until he'd arrived where she needed him to go. He was to deliver the news that Tambourine had been born. That was.....that was a huge task to give someone you weren't truly familiar with. There was a flourish of pride in the fact that she chose him. His head did lift a bit higher, excited and proud at the same time. 

"We won't let you or the ankle biter down." He promised, offering her a small smile. "We won't give him any information. It might be better if Miss Nova waits - I'm still knew enough I don't smell as much like the pack as she does." Stark reasoned. Nova Rose had already brought up the fact she hadn't found out what Tambourine's father looked like. He didn't need to stress that fact further. "We can head out together and then you can wait for me, if that works." 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Even after explaining everything, waiting for questions, Tavi couldn't help but feel immediate frustration when Nova began to speak. For some reason the old woman just bothered her. Maybe it was the awkwardness of dicussing Reek with these two, or wanting the task done with so she could stop worrying over it; whatever the case, the Alpha's ears pinned and she had to visibly stop herself from snapping at the golden woman. Instead Tavi stumbled over some hasty words, hardly thinking as she reacted.

Nothing is wrong. Why does everyone assume something is wrong whenever I open my mouth? I want what I want. If you won't do it then someone else will. And she turned to glance at Stark, her irritation fading only slightly when she heard his promise as well as the suggestion he go alone. Smart. Yes, do that. She was short and snappy, and already turning away from them with the desire of finding her son and tending to him some more. At least when dealing with the newborn she didn't have to answer stupid questions. All Octavia wanted was for Reek to know of his son, why did she have to explain everything in detail? Tavi paused and with a derisive snort, glared briefly at Nova — You don't question Warbone this much, so quit asking so many questions and do what you're told.

That was enough. Their task was set before them and she could at least trust Stark to follow through.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Already pissy from Starks push at her to stay BACK, Nova took a step back in surprise by the alpha's outburst. What the hell did everyone have against her doing things? She was only trying to make their mission easier, and suddenly the elder had no wish to do what the woman told her. Her irritation only grew as Tavi seemed perfectly fine with the dark male. Her turning away from the golden female was even accepted with quiet anger, but the last straw was her comment and rude glare, and a snarl fell from her silver lips. 
      "I don't question Warbone because he gives me the information I need. Stark can go on a vague mission by himself, since I have no interest in being left behind."
 With that, she turned on her heels and was stalking outside of the cave before bothering to wait for a reaction. The regal woman went off towards the swamp, tail lashing and ears pinned back to her skull. Nova muttered to herself as she went.
            "Guess I'm useless to more than one packmate."
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
The woman had misunderstood him. It happened from time to time and Stark gave a low sigh, shaking his head before Tavi snapped about the endless line of questions. He didn't want to cause any more issues but he did want to clarify himself. "I meant once we get closer. I'd enjoy having a companion but if we are to maintain the secrecy it makes more sense for me to approach on my own, given you've been here longer than I have." Stark explained, keeping his tone as neutral as possible. He didn't know what to do with women when they got upset, especially at him, and especially when he didn't truly mean to do anything too stupid. 

But the woman was leaving and Stark thought she was doing so in an extremely childish method. The snarling and stomping off was something he figured Octavia would deal with a lot in the months to come and gave a soft sigh. "Octavia - should I address him by name?" He didn't know anything about Reek personally, but, he wanted to ensure the information was given to the correct person. Already he was bristled, preparing himself mentally for the trek as it seemed he would be doing so alone. He considered the options and decided it might be decent enough of him to go after Nova and ask if she wanted to go with him, but, he wasn't going to beg her. He was capable enough on his own.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Tavi is really! bitchy! sorry. :C
She wasn't entirely prepared for the reaction that the older wolf had, and in watching Nova huff and puff, Octavia felt her own frustration finally come to the surface. The golden woman turned to depart - and Octavia was left with Stark who was speaking plainly, and yet Octavia wasn't entirely listening. She stepped around Stark for the time being and followed after Nova, the fur along her spine bristling as soon as she heard the other woman's growling; instinctively she saw this as some kind of challenge, and Octavia was not about to back down, nor have her subordinate dismiss her in such a manner.

Stop. Stop, Nova. Octavia's words shot out of her angrily, and she rounded upon the woman's position whether she halted or not, head raised defiantly and tail arching over her back. I gave you instructions, and you will do as you are told. Do not walk away from me. A low rumble penetrated the air from Octavia's chest. You don't have to understand every little thing. All you need to do is obey, and if you can't obey then you have no place here. It was a drastic threat considering this was one of Warbone's wolves, but by proxy that made Nova one of her subordinates too. Threatening to leave the old woman out on her own during this famine would surely spell her death. But Octavia didn't have the patience to earn the woman's respect, and sure as hell wasn't going to keep her around if she was going to be so childish.

Octavia turned slightly as if to address what Stark had said, but kept her eyes glued upon  Nova in a challenging manner, waiting for her to make up her decision. As an aside, she addressed what the dark man had said: Go to the packlands and howl, or wait for someone. Say that Tavi sent you, and that you have a message. You won't need to ask for him. But then again, they were both right. They needed more information. He's dark furred and skinny, if that helps at all, considering everyone is probably feeling the pinch right now. Would that suffice? Briefly Octavia looked to Stark to ascertain if he understood, then her gaze shot back to Nova, and she loosed a simple command: Go. 

If she refused to do this, Octavia would drive the old bat out herself.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
I'm not personally offended, don't worry xD Characters dont reflect us, after all.

Nova felt her irritation grow to rage, her own pale coat prickling in anger, and the only thing stopping her from telling Octavia to fuck off right then and there was Grace. Never again would she leave her adopted daughter on her own. Who did this bitch think she was, treating her like just another wolf? Despite the fact that she indeed WAS just another wolf, the elder felt herself truly offended. Stark's words were ignored, only due to the fact that the alpha was clearly challenging her. It was not him who'd hurt her pride, or her feelings. She's lucky I'm too old to hold my own in a fight very long, or I'd accept the fuckin' challenge. 
 She kept her thoughts to herself, holding Tavi's agressive gaze with her own icily calm eyes. The golden female would not be leaving her home in Octavi's wish, not when it was Warbone who had promised her a home. It was HE she'd pledged herself to, not a female with the strikes against her that this stormy alpha had. Nova might have voiced THAT, had she not known Tavi was serious. 
It seemed as though she'd won, however, at least in her own small way. Not a name, but a vague and shitty description. Whatever. There was obviously no more room for HER to talk, not after pissing off the alpha so much. It burned the elder to stay silent, to let this woman berate her in front of another packmate. Nova WANTED to go on this trip, so it wasn't much of a punishment to make her go: it just pissed her off that Octavia had no will to be nice to the wolves she lead. Dominance wouldn't get her everything, and she could screw off if she thought this old girl would be doing a damn thing for her benefit again. There was no bond, no loyalty. Warbone was someone worth following, and he would be the sole commander she obeyed. Childish as she knew she was being, it was too late to turn back even if she wanted to.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark sitting here like o.o 'chicks yo'

The altercation was understandable. As an Alpha, Octavia should have the respect of her wolves no matter who brought them into the pack. Stark would respect Warbone the same as he did Octavia, even if it was the female who had brought him into the folk. He was a Marauder. That was it. Nova should behave the same way. He understood the woman's ire and the elder should have expected it - if she could not still her tongue enough when the new mother was provoked then maybe she hadn't been around as much. Stark knew hormones were running rampant, the Alpha needed more respect - more support then. 

He stood silent until Octavia offered a description rather than a name. He nodded, swallowing down any other questions. "We'll find him, Octavia." He said smoothly. They could accomplish this simple task for her without issue, he had confidence in them. 
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Phone post!

Tavi watched as Nova departed, partly wishing she would linger and give the Alpha a reason to tear in to her. When there was a good distance between them, she turned to Stark, and nodded - breathing a deep seething sigh out from her gritted teeth. She sagged visibly beside Stark, far more comfortable around him than she probably should have been. Then, after nudging his shoulder (perhaps as thanks, or comraderie, or to steady herself) she turned and hurried back in to the crook.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Quick one to close out, I'll make a new one for us Nova!

Stark let out a breath when it seemed the situation had diffused some. Octavia was clearly tired, it was more draining than Stark could ever imagine to raise a child and head a pack. She nudged him and he briefly nuzzled against her. He wanted to do whatever he could for her, although this moment opened him up to a whole other slew of questions. They weren't an item but Tambourine's father still deserved to know of his birth and Stark only wondered what the male had done to make Octavia leave. "I'll be back soon," He promised, although he didn't want to suggest that it would matter at all to his Alpha other than to know that his mission had been completed. 

He wouldn't be so presumptuous as to suggest any more from Octavia. Instead he watched her return to the Crook and no doubt her child's side before turning himself to go find Nova so they could head out.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Suppose I should've been clear that Nova stopped xD My bad. Poor Stark lol

Nova hadn't gone far from them when she stopped to wait for Stark. The elder took a deep breath, trying to rid herself of the anger tainting what could be a good trip. She didn't want to be aggressive at all, actually, but DAMN did Octavia just seem to draw it from her. Stark, even if he'd slightly offended her, did not deserve this wrath, een if she did plan on going right to Reek with the dark male. Her ghostly eyes were sad, dull, as she kept them on the path ahead of her, and she didn't see the nudge from the alpha.