Blackfeather Woods How strange
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Private 

Kendra was a curious being, and that was probably what saved her from becoming too depressed and sit around staring at nothing. She was tempted to dye her tail again, which was a good sign, yet there were no berries or plants to make dye with. She hated the world without plants. Though being the observer she was Kendra knew about the new arrival. She had watched her father with a dark colored woman. Her pale eyes had followed them, after she had been attracted to Nemesis calling out. Nemesis was very interesting to her, and she was close to the female after all. So this dark female that was walking with her father was new.

Kendra couldn't help to think that this would be her father with her mother. If only she were alive. Though he was interacting differently with this female than he did with Nemesis and basically any other female. She looked different too, her sides were larger. For the girl who did not have the talk it was rather curious for her to see. She would seek her out later, so the next day when her father went on his daily patrol she went to the den she grew up in because that was where the female and her father went into. The girl had her father's dots, and the pale eyes of him to, other than that she looked exactly like her mother. "My father likes you," she spoke when she spotted her, instead of introducing herself. Kendra always had been a bit peculiar.
[Image: kendra-pixel_zpssjjmu8wj.png]
Peculiar Little Thing
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The first night in her new home had been a long one. Malice found she could barely sleep, having the dark thought that she would never get accepted here- not really. She had become a softy, she now noticed. And to be honest, it was all Cog's fault. If she hadn't met him, chances were she'd be a trained warrior by now with the respect she deserved. But was being a softy all that bad? She didn't think so.

Eventual, she could indeed fall asleep, but only for a few hours before she awoke again. It was Burke who had woke her, saying he was going patrolling. Well, that was nice. Spending a morning alone in a den surrounded by wolves that possible didn't like you was a great way to spend her time. She said her goodbyes to him, and was left again. At least this roof wasn't leaking like her old one.

It was only minutes after Burke had left, or another obsidian presence was in the opening of her den. Malice was too tired to act hostile, plus, it wasn't her place to act hostile in the first place. It was a young girl, one that looked like a really dark colored Burke. Hadn't he said something about a daughter? Malice could hardly remember anything. She tipped her head to the side at the girl's words. What makes you think that?
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
When he female spoke Kendra saw this as and invitation and then got herself fully inside. She looked over the female, now she was laying down it was clear her belly was swollen. Was she sick? What was happening to her body. Kendra sniffed her out. This woman did not smell of their territory yet, though she did smell of her father. He had been laying close to her. Kendra licked her lips.

"Well, he behaves differently around you," she spoke. She couldn't help but wonder if this female looked like her mother. She had a dark coat... only not the same color of eyes Pietro had. Maybe she didn't look like her mother then. Kendra shuffled closer. "He never brings new recruits to his den, or protects them from Nem," she spoke with a bit of a smile. Her father was very clear about things and if he did allow you close to his den then he was on good terms with that pack member. "I think.... Hm, I don't think he even allowed Nemesis inside of here. She always waits outside, and once, once there was another wolf sticking her head in and my father was pretty mad about that," she spoke some more. Kendra's curiosity really got her to talk more like she did before.
Peculiar Little Thing
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The daughter of Lucifer di not dislike company, she was just confused by this girl's presence and her resemblance to Burke. Perhaps at Phantom Hollow, she would've growled by now if anyone tried to enter her den, but that was not her place anymore. And this wasn't her den.

Malice got glowing red under her dark fur, her scarred face staring at the young obsidian girl. She knew she had gotten a lot out of Burke, and that they had a pretty good bond, but she had never thought anything about it. Of course, she hoped that Burke liked her more than just friends, but to hear it from someone else was just... peculiar. At her last lines, Malice was stunned. Now she understood Nemesis' hostile reactions a bit better. Still, she couldn't lay her paw on why Nemesis hated her so much. 

the girl also confirmed Malice's thoughts on that this was Burke's daughter. The pregnant woman barely remembered her name though and wondered if Burke had even told her. Well, I guess you're right then, about him liking me. She spoke. Malice, Malice Lanius... She added with a nod, remembering she hadn't introduced herself yet. She almost wanted to add; "alpha of Moonlit Hills", but alas, that wasn't true anymore.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra quirked up her lips a bit when the female looked a bit hesitant about it. It was rather confusing to find out what her father was truly feeling but she liked to think that she knew what was going on with him, if only a bit. "It will take him probably sometime to realize that himself. He is not that good with feelings and all that. I don't know him before mother died but he never really talks about her so maybe he still isn't over it," she shrugged. Kendra kind of wanted to know about her mother.

The other introduced herself, her name was Malice. She could not help but find a somewhat common ground with her mother's name. The young female looked at the other curiously and then nodded. "I'm Kendra," she introduced herself and then plopped down. Her eyes falling on her belly again. "Why are your sides sticking out? Are you ill?," she asked, because it was quite well known with the brotherhood wolves that Kendra did not have much of a filter when she wanted to know things.
Peculiar Little Thing
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
When the girl spoke about her mother, Malice couldn't help but let her thoughts wander off to the day she had met Sebastian. he had been kind, quite the opposite of what Burke had been when they first met. He had shared much, and in return had gotten her fair share of life stories. He had talked about the woman, his mother, with a love filled admiration, so Malice couldn't help but wonder how she had been. from what she had heard, she had been "wonderful", and it somewhat made her think she could never top that.

It must have been a tragic time for you all when your mother died.. No one had to know about her meeting with Sebastian, and she was not going to betray the nice guy. She would say nothing about his pack, his whereabouts, she even avoided speaking his name. 

She introduced herself as Kendra, and somewhere the name sounded familiar. Malice was sure Burke had told her about his daughter, and if not, maybe she was psychic. Nice to meet you, Kendra. She spoke, having no reason to dislike her at all. She chuckled nervously at Kendra's question. She didn't know how to tell the girl why she was so thick, and was surely not going to explain mating to her so randomly. That was Burke's job, not hers. I aii aii, I'm pregnant. She stuttered, trembling over her words like a chicken with one leg.
~Adopt Avalon!~

434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra looked at Malice and shrugged without much emotion. "I can't remember her honestly. Her death is not something I have an emotional connection to. So, not really a tragic time. Now is a tragic time because I have to live without my twin brother," she spoke, and instantly did grow sad, yet her pale eyes hardened a bit at the same time. She was very conflicted about her brother's death but she knew she had to go on. Make new friends and keep up with her family. She had her moments of no emotion but that did not help.

She only bobbed her head when Malice said it was nice to meet her. Kendra was far more curious in something else now. It was her belly, her huge belly. "Pregnant?," he let out questioningly. She had no clue what that meant. Her eyes blinked. "Does it hurt? Or what does Pregnant do?," she asked, for a kid that lived in a pack where they prayed to the goddess of sex she was still pretty innocent. She knew about sex but did not link that to puppies at all.
Peculiar Little Thing
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice's ears flicked when Kendra spoke about her mother's death not meaning much to her, but found some common ground to stand on at last. Her own mother's death didn't do much to her either, only the reason for death was different. She shut her mouth though when the conversation went to Burke's son. Malice had prayed for the little guy, but didn't feel like discussing such grim topics, especially not with the sister of said kid. The past was the past, and Malice knew how hard it was to live with that fact. She simply nodded, closing the topic with an understanding expression. 

Oh dear, go back to the grim topic, please! Did she truly have to explain what pregnant was to Burke's own daughter? It was odd that Burke had so many children yet this one didn't even know how they were made. Her ears flattened and a vague, embarrassed grin spread across her muzzle. She cleared her throat nervously. Uhm, it can hurt sometimes... She answered the other's question. 

Ppff, uuh, when a, uh, female and male wolf love each other very much, they uh... This was not going the way she had planned it, but truly, she was trying to explain it the best she could without being inappropriate. They, uh, do something that can make the female pregnant. After 2 months or so, the belly of the, uh, female 'pops' and then puppies are born.
~Adopt Avalon!~

434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra looked at her with interest when she spoke about hurting sometimes. Her ears fell back when she heard about when a male and female love each other a lot. She frowned a bit. She listened quietly to Malice her mumbling. The girl looked at her curiously. "So they do the sex thing?," she commented. "We pray to the night mother who is the goddess of lies, sex and murder," she continued.

She then looked a bit surprised. "So that also gives puppies? I thought they grew like plants. In the ground or something. Guess they do grow but inside a wolf. So strange! So interesting," she let out. She would have to explore this further. She was probably going to ask Nemesis about this sex thing because everyone was so vague about it. She knew about lies and murder, why not the other one? Kendra's pale eyes focussed on Malice. "So you had the sex... So if you do the sex you will have babies?," she questioned.
Peculiar Little Thing
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice's eyes widened at the mention of sex. So the little girl knew about sex but not pregnancy? That was quite dangerous to be honest. What if she grew up and once in heat would just go run around doing it with everyone and end up with children she didn't want? Malice shuddered at the idea. She was interested in this night mother though, for it sounded an awful lot like Satan. Night mother? She questioned, head tipping to the right.

Yes, puppies come from sex, and yes I have done the sex. Malice ended embarrassed. She was lucky Kendra didn't ask about the father, for that might be awkward. Pfft, as if this wasn't awkward already.
~Adopt Avalon!~

434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra slowly nodded. "Yeah, she is the head of our religion!," she let out. They would make kills and offerings to her, mostly they did that with trespassers, they would leave them to her. "We also have the dread father and they have the brotherhood, us or something. Only with a red paw on their shoulder are actual Dark Brothers or Dark Sisters. Like Father and Nemesis! And each Dark Brother or Sister has a specialization; Spy, Assassin, Priest," she explained.

The girl quirked up her lips and then nodded. So that would mean they would have puppies! That would be interesting. Was that why her father was so interested in her? Or taking care of her? Mother was dead, so would this be his new mate? Kendra wondered. "I usually make the dye for the brotherhood now mother is dead! The wolves in the brotherhood are the elite of the pack! I want to become a dark sister one day!"
Peculiar Little Thing
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice listened, interested in more of the Dark Brotherhood. She had been told there'd be lots to learn, and so she was open to any information she could get her paws on. Her right ear flicked at the mention of Nemesis, but payed it little mind. She was under Nemesis' command now, there was no time nor room for hate. Malice's eyes widened. This place really was like home, wasn't it? Only with a different religion and the right to chose. Can you tell me more about the religion? She asked with a hopeful face. She had always acted on the command of Satan, but if this religion suited her better, she was ready for more changes in her life.

The girl was really enthusiastic for someone who had recently lost her brother, and Malice admired her for that. Malice was also interested in the dye she was speaking off. Malice did not know much about plants and in what in Lucifer's name you could do with them, but plants were not so relevant anymore after the locusts attack. Then the locusts must have stripped you off your hobby, huh? She asked understandingly.
~Adopt Avalon!~

434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra instantly shook her head, because she had probably told her too much already. This was only the basics and she had the feeling the girl should know if she was going to give birth here. "No," she said with almost the same strictness as her father. The young girl quirked up her lips a bit. She was surprisingly enthusiastic today, it was mostly because her curiosity was sparked by this female. Before Kendra had been rather monotone and numb. She was coming to terms to having her brother being taken from her as bad as that sounded.

Kendra slowly nodded, a frown on her face now. "They have. I was really upset before. Pietro died followed by my garden because I did not tend to it in my grief and then, anything that was alive was eaten by those bugs," she spoke with a sad sigh. All life was gone now and it saddened her greatly.
Peculiar Little Thing
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her ears became droopy when Kendra didn't want to tell more, not knowing why she couldn't. The fast Malice knew the better, right? Oh well, she wouldn't keep bugging her with it, for if she was anything like Burke, she wouldn't budge. Besides, Malice was certain someone would tell her eventually, there was no use into gently ripping it out of someone who clearly didn't want to tell more.

Those nasty bastards sure caused some uproar. Malice grumbled with pure hate for the despicable beings that had eaten all that was green. If she could, she would kill them all for what they had done to this place, to Teekon. Sure, many of the locusts had died, but it was nothing in comparison to what they had taken. Let's just hope the green will grow back soon. Malice let out with a sigh, shifting her body more to the left as she got a small kick from one of the furballs inside of her.
~Adopt Avalon!~

434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra could only agree with Malice, especially because they did kill a lot of plants, probably some rare ones too. The girl nodded slowly in agreement. Malice did make a statement, because the plants should return soon, otherwise there was going to be a really big problem. "If they don't then we will all die," she spoke which sounded rather depressing, yet the truth.

If they did not have prey soon they would be without a food source. They might not want to leave their forest but they would have to abandon it if they wanted to stay alive, when that decision would be made was unclear to the female, now they seem to manage, barely. Though then she realized if Malice was having babies she would need a lot more food than normal....
Peculiar Little Thing
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice was no healer, nor anyone that was not interested in them. She had grown up in a place with little water and even less plant life, but that did not mean she wasn't fascinated by the greenery. At her very old home, getting wounded wasn't treatable, and a lot of wolves had died. Why they stayed there was not a mystery though, it was family tradition, Lanius' family tradition. It was not for nothing the place was called Lucifer peak, for any male ruler there got to name the place. It was distracting for sure, but that was how the dark pack of her father, her grandfather, and all those before her had ruled.

Or perhaps the hunger will make us all go feral, will make us eat even those the closest to us... Malice sighed, casting her gaze at the ground. She shook her head firmly. This wasn't the best thing to tell someone as young as Kendra. But I'm positive that soon, maybe over a few weeks, the plants are all back, just like your garden. She spoke hopefully, as if to convince herself with her own words too. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra looked at the female with a curious gaze. She slowly nodded, because it would most likely be something that could happen. Would she one that would be eaten. Then she looked at Malice who didn't have a lot of status in this pack yet even though she was in her father's den. "Maybe they would eat you and the pups from your belly," she returned on an eerie calm tone. It was not a mean comment towards her, just a statement that it was most likely to happen if it would happen.

Kendra shook her head. "My garden will not come back. I planted it and those seeds have died, even before those bugs. I will have to make a new one," she commented, because she was certain that also her first location was not the best one either.
Peculiar Little Thing
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The words the young girl spoke were eerie, yet true. Malice shrugged. Perhaps they would. She knew Nemesis would want it, that was for sure. But if they would want her pups, Burke's pups, they would have to go through her. Until her last breath, she would fight to give her children a family she never had. Surely Burke wouldn't allow the Dark Brotherhood members to kill his own offspring? Or would he? She frowned again. Who knows... She breathed out, changing position again to stop the sudden pain in her belly that came and went. 

If the others will not kill me, I would gladly help if you want me to. Malice offered, for she felt bad to say things that weren't true. Perhaps it had hurt her somehow, since this was one peculiar little girl. She didn't have to take the offer, knowing full well that Kendra was almost an adult and could easily do thing for herself, but it would be a great way to learn more about plants. Plus, who wouldn't refuse an extra pair of paws?
~Adopt Avalon!~

434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra did not realize or was surprised by Malice her answer. She just took it with one nod and didn't think further about it. The young girl had weird and creepy sayings like that. She could not help it. The girl was offered help. Last time she had rejected it, but now, maybe for the sake of getting to know this female she might agree to it.

"Maybe. We will have to see," she spoke vaguely. She meant of course Malice her pregnancy. "Working with plants is hard labor. You need to be down for it," she commented with an air of pride in her tone. After all she had spend hours on her garden to then fail.
Peculiar Little Thing
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
With Kendra's nod, Malice was able to focus on something else than the grim topic. But, by this time, she knew now everyone here was as normal as in Phantom Hollow. Cicero was weird, Nemesis was rude and had anger issues, Potema had this aura around her that Malice couldn't lay a paw on and then there was Burke. He was maybe the most normal here, for his stoic nature was something she thought all males had some of. She yawned, rather tired for someone who had basically done nothing of great importance. She shifted her body again, her leg making a spastic twitch as reaction to the sudden pain.

I'm down for anything but boredom. Malice said with a small smirk. It was true, she was a rather hard-worker and hated doing nothing at all, though it didn't show now that she could barely do anything with her pregnant body. She yawned again, stretching slightly before laying down her head onto her paws. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra's tail wagged when Malice spoke about hard work, rather than being bored. That was the spirit! "With that attitude you will fit right in. Everyone works hard here and they don't like that being taken from them," she spoke and then turned to look outside. She then looked at Malice. She had grown accustomed to the high pitched sound of the bat that was her friend.

"Got to go! I have to be better at my botanist trade. But once the plants start growing we can make a garden together!," she spoke and then stepped outside, it only took her a second to return briefly. "Oh! And I am very excited for my new siblings!" she admitted. She was certain she was going to visit Malice more often to inspect if they were there.
Peculiar Little Thing
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
A meant smile settled upon the scarred woman's face. Though she doubted fitting in would be as easy as to work hard, she was happy to hear some nice words. She nodded as a thanks, feeling no need to comment nor question. Was Nemesis a hard worker too? She had to be as the Beta, Malice thought. Cicero was without a doubt a hard worker, she had seen him in action and without him, perhaps Malice would've never met Burke. Kendra seemed like a hard worker too.

For sure. Malice replied with a small, yellow eyes looking up at the dark child. As she disappeared, Malice closed her eyes to sleep some more. But that was not before the dotted face of the girl poked in once again. Malice chuckled softly. Me too. With that, she closed her eyes for the final time and fell into a deep sleep, one haunted by guilt and the faces of the Moonlit Wolves.
~Adopt Avalon!~