Blackfeather Woods whispers through the trees
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
All Welcome 
Cicero had heard of @Malice joining the pack, and he hoped that soon he would be able to meet her again. A lot had happened and the trees whispered many rumours, but while Cicero enjoyed gossip, he did not enjoy rumours unless heard from the mouths of those involved. What fun was an untrue piece of gossip, after all? He wondered what had happened to Malice's pack, and more importantly, why she had come alone rather than take some of her most loyal along. What had happened to, amongst others, Sage?

The wound on his leg had healed, like it always did, despite the poison ivy. It had taken long, but now Cicero could finally walk freely again. Today he skulked through the Woods' darkest depths, set towards the tree with the spores. He was gathering herbs, officially, but truthfully he was only on his way to the tree so that he could test his limits. Gather information, he would say, but that would be a lie, and whilst a skillful liar, Cicero did not enjoy lying to himself.
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Don't know why Malice would want to go to the Weeping Meadow (I assume Cicero is there?) but imma just roll with it.

The former Moonlit wolf wandered further through the barren woods that was her new home, still shaking with excitement to be here. She had no idea where she was going, nor did she know what would await her, and wondered why no one had bothered to give her a tour. This place was huge, and it was day so she couldn't see the stars to locate where the hell she was going to. Despite all that, and the small ache in her heart and back, she found herself quite relaxed.

Her trot had turned into just padding through was was called the Blackfeather Woods. Her eyes drifted off to a branch where a raven was perched, making some noise, but she paid it little mind. With the locust bodies everywhere, the birds could feast like never before.

While she was lost, the faint smell of Cicero reached her, and a grin appeared on her scarred face. It had been too long, in her eyes, since she had seen the boy. Potema, his sister she knew, had said he was doing fine, but Malice was still worried a bit. She quickened her pace and soon the ying-yang fur of Cicero came into view. Cicero! she called happily, stopping a respectful distance away with her tail low but wagging in excitement.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
he was on his way there and nearby, not at the clearing/tree (yet) :)

As he was nearing on the spore tree, Cicero noticed an approach, and one ear flitted to the side to catch her movement through the brush before she reached him in full. As Malice's face appeared through the trees, a smile flitted across Cicero's face at seeing the familiar face. The only thing that he liked less about her joining the pack was that it meant his ties with Moonlit Hills weren't as strong as he'd like — though he had met Sage a couple of times, and if she had taken over the pack, perhaps he could still be of help if ever they needed anything — now that Malice was here.

"So the rumours are true," said Cicero, a playful smile dancing across his narrow face. "Does Malice care to join Cicero in looking for herbs?" Cicero glanced in the direction of the clearing where the weeping willow stood, but he knew that it would not be a good idea to look there. There were more rumours than simply Malice joining the pack lingering about; and he himself had once passed out by inhaling too much, so it would be unwise to go there with her. It would have to wait for another time. In the meantime, he could test Malice's knowledge of herbs and see if there was anything she could teach him, or if she had interest in learning.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She smiled back again, happy to see at least someone that was somewhat happy with her presence. She bowed before him, her sign of respect, since she assumed he had a higher place in the hierarchy than she. She kept a comfortable distance between them, since she now knew she had little to fear of the boy, and it was the other way around too hopefully. While Malice had never been a threat -or at least never wanted to be- to Cicero, she assumed she had been to the Dark Brotherhood when she had settled across the lake. Hmm, she wondered how Moonlit Hills was doing without her.

She nodded at him with a proud, happy smile and an overjoyed glint in her yellow eyes. Even with her scar, she now looked more like a happy potato. They're as true as the stars light up the night sky. She said. Her face lit up by joy turned to one of worry and confusion. As far as she could see, there were no plants near, yet Cicero spoke of herbs. My knowledge of herbs isn't that big, nonexistent perhaps, though I'd like to help out while I still can in any way possible. She answered, a small smile covering her confused face again. She was part of this pack, and therefore would indeed love to help out while her children weren't yet born.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
It had to be strange, Cicero realised as she bowed in respect to him and his place in Blackfeather Woods' hierarchy, to go from being Alpha of her own pack to being low ranking here. Was it truly worth it to her? He wondered what had driven her towards making these decisions. Why had she been Alpha in the first place, if she was so easy to give up her position? Even if she was pregnant (an assumption that he had not yet verified, but he could think of no other reason for such drastic life changes and Burke had been lonely) it was a big step to take, and he wondered what was in it for her.

Yet he did not focus further on it, figuring he could ask some other time. Even her retort was debatable; did the stars light up in the night sky, or were they always lit up, yet only visible in darkness. Yet he did not push on riddles for now, eager to get to picking herbs. He was lucky that Malice filled in the blanks herself, saying that she knew little to nothing of herbs. Cicero asked, "Does Malice wish to learn?" He could teach her a thing or two, but only if she so wished. "Yet there may be little left to find. The herds are not the only ones that can find nothing to feed on." A disclaimer, as not to expect too much. If she truly wished to learn, however, Cicero had some buried herbs he could show her. Their quality was not as great, but most of his non-underground caches had been raided by the pests that had infestated the lands and he was glad that he had been so smart to create different caches now.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Why she was here wasn't relevant anymore. She wanted to let go, let go of all her worries of the past and start over once again for the second time. Though she would not mind sharing her reasons if asked nicely. It was simple, really, she felt as if Moonlit Hills didn't need her anymore, felt under appreciated. While she was pregnant, no one had payed a visit at her den to check on her except for Issun on the day she left. She could've died in there and she doubted anyone would have noticed. Issun had even said that perhaps she couldn't lead anymore if she was pregnant. Or at least, that's how she picked it up. She had said she could, that she would, and that was the first promise she had ever broken.

The daughter of Lucifer was born curious, finding knowledge more powerful than brute strength. Not to say though that she didn't have that too, but she didn't use it that often. So when the bi-colored eyed boy asked her if she wanted to learn, she immediately nodded yes. No one of the Moonlit Wolves had been an expert in herbs and poisons since Veritas had left. Hmm, she wondered where the older woman was now. Hopefully safe and away from Teekon. She nodded too in understanding. Kendra had told how her garden had been destroyed by the locusts. Wouldn't be surprised to see we found nothing at all, but everything is worth a shot. She spoke.

She looked around a bit. Where should we look first? She asked as she returned her yellow gaze to cicero.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
As Cicero came to realise that most of the herbs would be destroyed, he grew more and more curious about the state that the weeping willow was in. He had not been close to it in some time and certainly not since the locusts had come and destroyed most that he held dear. And so when Malice asked him where to look and he thought about the tree, he said, "There is a tree not far from here that lets go of spores along a clearing. Cicero wishes to check it." Assuming that she would follow, Cicero turned back onto his previous path and he started in the direction of the willow tree.

They were near, and it did not take them long to reach the location. Once they arrived along the side of the clearing Cicero instructed, "Malice should stay away. Cicero will be right back." He glanced at the tree, which looked worn, and sniffed the air. The clearing looked terrible — the grass that had once grown there was lacking and there was little shrubbery left. Yet as Cicero stepped into the clearing he felt a calm drift over him and he knew instantly that the tree's appearance was deceiving; it was still fierce as ever. It was easy to drown in the calm feeling that it gave him, but Cicero remained at the clearing's frays, using Malice as his lifeboat, making sure he did not drift too far away from the anchor that he had created in her. He had yet things to teach her; had no time to dabble too long in these dangerous activities.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Pretty shitty post XD sorry

At his words, Malice's ears dropped for a moment. Was he talking about the willow and the gasses that made you sick? Burke had warned her about it, and said it would be best to stay away. But now that Cicero said it, she grew curious. Her ears perked up again, and she followed without a word.

They did not need to walk for long though, for soon after the air smelled a little different and the first clustered trees went further away from each other. She assumed this was the clearing. Just as she wanted to go, Cicero's words stopped her. She looked at him, and was glad that he wasn't trying to kill her with the gasses Burke had spoken of. She nodded. Alright. She spoke softly, and watched him go on without her. She kept her eyes fixated upon his black and white coat, interested in wherever he was going.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Malice stayed at the frays of the clearing, just as he had requested, which relaxed Cicero somewhat; he didn't need her following him and endangering herself. Cicero inhaled as he stood a small distance away from her, closing his eyes as he took in the familiar scent. Along with it came the clouds that engulfed his mind, made him feel small and insignificant in a good way; like it didn't really matter what he did, anyway. He felt calm, like Sheogorath was far away and he was safer than ever before. At the same time, he felt the beast's presence, felt it staring at him as though it would reach out and grab him, pull him under until every piece of Cicero was drowned and there was only Sheogorath left.

Just before Cicero felt that he would walk towards the tree and stay here a while he reminded himself that Malice was still there and he turned away from the tree, walking back towards Malice slowly on unsteady legs. He focussed on her presence and swallowed dryly as he reached her, feeling the pollen's presence leave yet his mind still somewhat clouded. "It is still in tact," he shared and then moved past Malice, motioning for her to follow him. He started a trek through the darkness of the Woods. He noticed that while most plants were gone, there were still mushrooms here and there — yet not the ones that he was looking for, so he left them be.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
What the gasses did to someone was a mystery to Malice. She had only been told one could get very sick from it, and with her being pregnant and all, it really wasn't handy for her to get poisoned. Still, as she watched Cicero out there, she wondered if it really was so bad. Of course, she wouldn't test it since she trusted Burke's word, but it still kept her suspicious. What if the Dark Brotherhood was just hiding something there that she wasn't supposed to see? Then again, what would they hide from her? That they were quite a rough pack, to say the least, was no secret, so what could a pack like this be hiding? Malice sat down as she waited for her only friend in this maze of woods, eager to find out why he wanted to look here.

An unsteady boy made his way back to the clearing, and Malice jumped up at his sight. Was he not well? He did not tell much though, and instead passed her, leaving her to turn her fat body around and off the floor. You mean, with leaves and everything? She questioned, going faster to catch up to Cicero who had had a running start. Where are we going? She questioned again, her curiosity getting the best of her yet again.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
A smile danced across Cicero's face when Malice asked if it still had leaves. It did not really matter if it did, and truthfully, Cicero had not even looked up at the tree to admire its aesthetics; he had been focussed on something much more primal than that. Instead of answering her question straight up Cicero said, "The most important parts are still there." Malice was quick to catch up on him and she asked him where they were headed while he trotted lightly through the woods, his feet feeling almost as though he was floating.

Like usually, he did not answer right away, instead letting the question mull over in his mind. What was he doing? Right, looking for herbs. The grounds looked empty and he saw only a mushroom here and there that was unscathed, but none of the good kind; none of the kind he needed. "Looking for herbs. If there are none, Cicero can show some from his underground cache." Their quality would be poor, because burying herbs was not his first preference, but it turned out that it would pay him dividents now that all else was destroyed. He continued on and occasionally looked at Malice as he walked, hoping that either of them would find something before reaching his cache.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
He really didn't answer questions they were meant to be answered, that was for sure. At least he was better company than Nemesis. She chuckled softly at the thought. Never had she dreamed about walking along the bi-colored eyed boy in Blackfeather Woods she had met all those moons ago. She had not planned seeing him till after the pups were born, for leaving Phantom Hollow was out of the question back then. Yet here they were, a Gamma and an unwanted one, together on a search for herbs. She didn't feel it necessary to ask more about the tree, for the answer was weird but to the point. Though she still wondered what part of a tree was the most important. The trunk? It's roots?

After her question, he kept quiet for some time, letting her believe he had indeed gone sick because of the gasses. Or perhaps he was teasing her, who could tell with him? Though when his answer came, it again didn't answer her question specifically. Herbs could be anywhere, and she had no idea how it all went underground nor how to get there. Burke had said it'd be wise to not go there alone, but if Cicero was with her... Did she trust him not to leave her behind to get lost? Yeah, yeah she did. Underground? She questioned. She wanted to know more, but if he kept his answers vague she would keep her questions vague as well. Her eyes darted from right to left, looking for anything green, but all she saw was really small trees with a weird disk-like thing on them. Huh, weird.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Cicero had not once considered his words were perhaps not clear enough, but an ear tilted towards Malice as she asked her question. Ah. He glanced backwards, his face revealing little emotion as he answered, "Buried. Most caches were in hollow trees or underneath stones, but they were all taken by the bugs. Yet some herbs were buried. Their quality is not as good as the ones in open air, but there should still be some." Cicero glanced around the barren floors of the Woods and said, "If none are found that are still alive." It was unlikely.

There were yet other things that he considered, and one of them was that dried herbs had seeds in them. "Maybe there will be some seeds for Kendra." Cicero himself was not one for creating gardens, but he knew that his younger sister was.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Ah, so he didn't mean the tunnels? Oh, why did she even try anymore. She would see when they got there, now would she? Back at Phantom Hollow, our healer had her own herb den. She even found honey and used it for my soar throat. Malice rambled on. She didn't know why she was telling him this, but perhaps he found it interesting or something. Maybe she was doing this to make the past more bearable. Even with Veritas gone, she didn't spend a day without thinking of the former healer.

Don't want to ruin the mood or anything, but I don't think we'll find anything. She sighed, carrying her highly pregnant body on her strong, muscular legs. But even with her body being strong, she was weakened by the lack of food. Her back was aching, and she hoped they would soon take a break. A smile spread across her face though when the boy mentioned Kendra. Malice would soon notice that these both and Burke were the only beings that didn't want her gone.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Malice shared information about how herbs had been kept at her old home; a sentiment that felt naïve to Cicero because of the way she mentioned the herbs had been for healing. He grinned briefly as he shared, "Cicero is better at breaking things with herbs rather than fix them." Once he had shown his interests in both areas and he was still knowledgeable enough towards fixing things with herbs, but it did not hold his interest as much.

He was loathe to admit that she was right. Yet he had always been one for trying. Cicero did not realise Malice's words were based partially on her own discomfort, but as luck would have it they neared one of his caches anyway.

"Here," said Cicero, and he moved to a spot that carried the scent of his urine. After sniffing the ground briefly, Cicero scratched the earth to unearth a few dried, scrappy looking herbs. It wasn't much, but it was something.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
You mean poisons? Oh, she did that too. Malice shared, as she was still in awe about Veritas' abilities. Made me consume apple seeds for a better immune system. She laughed. Oh, how exciting it had been, the sessions with Veritas. Disgusting, for sure, but so interesting. Unfortunately, she left before they could truly finish, but Malice believed it had done some good. 

Malice was panting at the end of their short journey, but her ears perked up as soon as Cicero spoke again. She kept quiet, looking at what he was doing, interested to see those buried herbs. After some soft digging, dried, browny-greeny plant-like things lay on the floor, and Malice tipped her head in confusion. She had absolutely no idea what they were, and so she waited for an explanation. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Cicero sniffed the herbs that he unearthed, but unfortunately they were rather far gone. He gingerly touched one of the herbs, but nothing happened. Cicero scrunched his nose and nosed it towards Malice. "Poison ivy. It is not strong enough to do any more damage. Perhaps Kendra can still plant it." Maybe it would help Malice's studies of herbs regardless, as she was at least able to set what the herbs looked like.

"Cicero is going to look for herbs more. Malice should take some rest." Cicero took the dried herbs between his teeth and he started in a different direction, leaving Malice behind. Maybe Kendra could do something with the remainders of the herbs.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice wrinkled her nose as she look closer, but it didn't smell anything more than dirt. She could tell it were leaves, pretty leaves once, but flowers it did not have. Poison heh? Who could've ever suspected that this tiny little leaf was poisonous. Poison Ivy, she was sure to remember it, even if she didn't know what in the name of Lucifer she would use it for. She didn't want to harm anything or anyone anymore, though if it came down to it... She shook her head. She didn't want the old Malice back. Surely hope so. She replied, though actually found it quite dangerous for the young girl to have poisons in her future garden. She had to make sure the little ones inside her would not come close to it then.

Malice nodded at one she knew longer than any other member of the Dark Brotherhood except for Nemesis, actually glad she didn't have to walk anymore. Well, she had to walk back to Burke's den, but after she could definitely use some rest. As the boy was packing up his things, Malice spoke once more. Thank you for taking me with you. She said, meaning her words. Take care now, Cicero. She said her goodbyes, and then left in the direction she thought Burke's den was.
~Adopt Avalon!~