Larksong Grotto There's Always Bad News To Go With The Good
Sister
Though she be old, she is fearless.
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova lead herself and @Stark to Retail Rise without an issue, and from there headed north by Octavias orders. As they neared borders, the golden woman stopped a few feet from the strongest scent. No use being on top of the border. 
Tavi hadn't given them a name, just the vaguest of descriptions, and it pissed the elder off slightly still, though not enough to show. In her eyes, the stormy woman should not have been made alpha, not so fast at least. She knew next to none of the wolves she ruled and so far, from Novas hearing, had not been very nice to any. For the billionth time, she worried that they were not as much as a family pack as shed hoped.
Whatever, though, there were more important tasks at paw. The woman didnt wait for Stark to call, but let loose a howl for the alpha, @Reek, and waited. Her ghostly eyes turned to her dark traveling companion.
       "Think this will go as smoothly as we hope?"
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
"No." Stark said smoothly. This was going to be a train wreck. Considering the woman had already gone against what Octavia had laid out. He had expected her to wait but she strode forward, calling out to the leader. He felt like it was a part of her pride, her vanity, that she needed to strike against her leaders. She'd mentioned that the others weren't good enough for her, that they hadn't stroked her ego properly. 

Stark waited, posture neutral even as he sat at the borders. Their business was not on behalf of their pack but of their Alpha, and he was far too eager to see the type of male that had driven Octavia off. Already his opinion was sour on him, unfortunately. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
That morning was the first Reek had truly admired the sunrise. It was strange how something so beautiful could go unknoticed for so long and that it had taken the arrival of the Seer, Kesheph, to reveal to him that the glory of Raas was everywhere. His power was truly written across the sky, it just took a good look to see.

The troubles that plagued Reek and weighed on his conscious still remained, however, a sense of peace had washed over him. His life, he felt, was no longer in his hands. This state of surrender, it made it easier to heal.

His peace was broken by the sound of a howl at the border, and while he had surrendered his life to the daystar, the pack remained in Reek's domain. He rose from the dusty ground and set off toward the sound with body language held humble. His eyes, still bearing a lingering sadness, fell upon two unfamiliar wolves. He raised his brow, inviting one of them to speak.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova could sense the irritation sparking from Stark, but she didn't plan to apologize: she'd told him from the start that she wasn't going to travel all the way here just to stop before the line and miss the action. It was not her pride or vanity speaking, but a right she deserved as part of the pack. Tavi had sent them both on the mission, and the golden woman planned on staying with the dark phase male until the borders. Others hadnt been good enough because she demanded neutrality, and most alphas couldn't handle that, not because she felt she was above submission. Had Warbone asked something of her, she would do it, so long as she had all the information she needed and there was good reason to be doing so. 
Hearing the approach of what she assumed would be the alpha, Nova sat with her tail curled around her paws, stance neutral and ghostly eyes curious. Reek appeared, fitting the bill of what Octavia had described, but there was no way to be sure. He didn't speak, but instead waited for them to do so. Nova took it upon herself, tone even and calm, factual over emotional.
              "We are here to deliver a simple message: Tamborine has been born the only son of Octavia, and she's rasing him in the conditions she's chosen."
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
There was a part of him that wondered what this might feel like. There had to be a reason that Octavia had left with her son - there was no way that she'd just volunteer to raise a child on her own in such terrible times. Why would someone do that to themselves? Stark watched the approaching male, blue eyes taking in each detail, they would have much to report to Octavia. The male fit the sort of build that she had described for Reek and so Stark was quiet for a moment as nothing was said by the male and Nova Rose explained why they were there. 

He knew Tambourine. At least knew that he was mostly quiet, he fussed sometimes but spent more of his days sucking on his paw than anything. He'd spent time with the pair. The child was growing, and Octavia was doing her part in ensuring that he was safe. Stark himself was doing all he could, feeding the mother and child so that they did not suffer. There was a half-truth to what Nova Rose said - Tambourine wasn't the only son of Octavia - just the only one to survive. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Typically, when two strange wolves showed up to the borders of the grotto, they sought a home, a full stomach, and sometimes a bit of companionship. Reek had little room to spare among his wolves -- especially in this time of famine, but would hear their piece (even though he knew he would have to turn them away empty pawed). However, his assumption was immediatly proven wrong as the elderly looking wolf opened her mouth to speak. She was blunt in her verbal approach and spared Reek the usual pleasantries. These two wolves, they were here to bring news.

A name was uttered and Reek felt his chest clench. He froze in place -- his jaw went slack. Octavia. While she had never gone by her full name with him around, Reek knew exactly who the elder referred to. His mouth moved and on his lips was a noiseless word, Tavi -- his Tavi.

For a moment, Reek could only sputter as a medley of emotions washed over him. First, he was elated -- Tavi was safe and she had bore him a son. A surviving son. But, sadness soon wormed its way into the cracks in Reek's broken heart. His smile broke into a sorrowful grin and bittersweet tears began to pool in the corners of Reek's eyes. A single warm and wet straggler ran down Reek's cheek. "A son—" he choked out. "I have a son.

For a while, he let his declaration linger -- as he was physically unable to speak further. But soon, Reek found his voice once more. "Are— are they happy?" He asked, hoping the woman had found what she was looking for -- what Reek had been unable to give her: happiness.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It was clear in his reaction that this was the male Tavi had wanted them to find, the father to her puppy. The dark wolf didn't seem so bad, why had the alpha female run away? His first question was if they were happy, and it took a moment for her to respond. Was Tavi happy among the willows, or had she only sought to run away from her issues? Twas not like the elder to hold back, though she knew she had to be careful on how much she gave away to Reek.
          "Yes, a healthy baby boy. I can only assume the alpha female is happy where she is with Tamborine, though I have to admit I can't imagine why she left here."
Nova's spectral, motherly gaze rested on the ragged male, curious but obviously not going to push. It wasn't her right, of course, but naturally the need for knowledge demanded she at least point it out. There was no harm in that, of course. Reek's reactions brought a shy smile to her face, and she truly wished that she could simply bring this raggedy male right to his offspring. Alas, the golden queen could not. To do so would be breaking Warbone's law, and that was one thing the golden female wasn't willing to push. 

Only now realizing that if I'd have sent Grace, she could've told him that Saena's puppies were alive too T_T
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Nova had screwed up subtly, admitting that Octavia was their Alpha Female was given Reek a bit more information than he truly needed. Stark didn't outwardly react, instead keeping his blue eyes on the scraggly wolf. Octavia didn't want Reek looking for them and he would certainly have an easier time of it knowing Octavia lead a pack somewhere. They are happy. He said quietly. Octavia had a smile for him each time they were together. Maybe that was only his influence but it was still pleasing to him. 

They are fairing well. He assured the dark male, leaving little room for other fears. He knew the pack was doing its part for Octavia and Tambourine no matter how reluctantly. It was easier for him, a clearly neutral party. He could serve both Alphas without hesitation. 
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
They were happy— and that should have made Reek happy too. However, Nova's little slip caused Reek's stomach to sink like a lead balloon. Alpha female. In Reek's mind, this could only mean one of two things. First: after she left, she could have amassed a following of her own and formed a pack. This was unlikely, seeing as she was heavy with child. The second option -- the one that almost killed Reek where he stood -- was that she had found someone else. 

Someone else to be the father of their child. Someone else to hold Tavi at night. Someone else to be her home. Reek exhaled slowly and placed his faith in Raas to vindicate this wrong— to bring her, and his son, back to him.  

His voice, it was noticibly shaken. "Is it— Is it too much to ask to see my son?" He asked. "Just... as a father, that's all I can ask." Deep down, Reek knew Tavi did not want to be found. He had spent countless days searching for her. There was no doubt that she knew of this: Reek had howled for her everywhere he could. But maybe, if it were on Tavi's terms, he could see his son and be the father he hoped to be.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova noticed the change in Reek's happiness, and she knew the reason. Of course the old woman hadn't simply let it SLIP what Tavi was to her, and in any situation it didn't really MATTER what rank she had. She was no fool, she'd told him on purpose, and if Stark weren't there she might've told him right then and there she'd do her best to get Tavi to agree. Alas, she knew something like that would get her into trouble, and her sense of right had to be squashed down by Warbone and Tavi's rule. 
          "I wouldn't think it was such a big deal, but unfortunatley I think the fact that she sent us here with the news and orders to not disclose where we come from is answer enough. I tend to agree that a father should see his baby, but I don't make the rules."
The golden lady was now very much wishing that she hadn't come. His own hurt broke her heart, and she set it in her mind to talk to Octavia when they got back. 
                             "If you don't mind my asking, why'd she leave?"
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
He wished that Octavia had tasked him alone. He wished desperately that Nova Rose knew when to shut her trap but she was determined to see her values above the rule of the pack as if her judgement was better than theirs. Thankfully she seemed to be the only wolf in the pack like that or else he would have second guessed his choice of the Keep.

Stark's lip curled as she went ahead to relay that Octavia had not wanted them to speak of where they had come from. "You overstep your boundaries."  He said sternly, addressing Nova Rose, not caring if they were in front of the other male - she was betraying the trust of their Alpha and thus pack.

"I'll pass the request along to her." Stark offered, blue eyes turning towards Reek again. There would be no reason why he could not do that much, although he wouldn't be so bold to ask the business of their Alpha or her reasons behind leaving. The male was tiny, scraggly, perhaps Octavia wanted better prospects of feeding Tambourine. 
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Once again, Nova Rose took the knife in Reek's chest and pushed it deeper. Upon hearing that Tavi had indeed given the messengers strict orders not to reveal her location (thus confirming Reek's suspicions), he hung his head even lower. A sad and nearly silent whine passed his lips. Still, there was hope to someday see his son. If Reek's request was properly relayed, and Tavi still had a heart beating in her chest, perhaps she would bring Tambourine to the grotto when he was old enough to travel. The thought was a small comfort, but then it occurred to Reek that he would still be missing the formative and most important years of his son's life. It was time that she had taken from him -- time he would never get back.

To both messengers, he offered a mumbled, "Thank you." Truthfully, Reek was thankful for their arrival, and their insistence that they would pass his request along to Tavi. Nova Rose however, did not see fit to end their conversation there. Instead she tried to pry her way into the details involving Tavi's departure -- resulting in a swift snap from the other messenger.

"He's right, you know," said Reek. "It's not my place to tell you what happened. If Tavi wants you to know, she'll tell you." Of course, Tavi's retelling of the events would surely be slanted in her own favor and cast Reek in a harsh light -- but it wasn't his story to tell. "Just tell her I'm sorry— and that her bug-muncher hasn't smiled since she left."
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova Rose turned her head to snip back at him, no problem. She had, technically, broken no rules: no location was given, though she knew Reek could easily scent them back, and no vital information had been given. Tavi hadn't said to not tell her rank, just to not tell of their home. The only harm her prying had done was being rude, and even she could accept a no should Reek give it. The want for knowledge was purely innocent, wanting to fuel her own thoughts and maybe fit together why Tavi had left. The stormy alpha wouldn't tell her, no, not when she seemed to hate the woman so much when all she wanted was to help. It wasn't her fault Octavia couldn't seem to put her faith or loyalty anywhere permanant. 
        "The only overstepping I did was asking HIM his business. Nothing I've done is against any rule, I gave no location and that was her wish."
Reeks words brought her attention back to him with a soft nod and another sorry look, but it was clear that their work here was done. Much did she wish to linger here, tell Reek about the silvery boy and his strength, but that would get her in more trouble than she was sure Stark would already be getting her in. Intstead, however, she gave him a last parting words and turned to Stark, ready to leave. The golden queen didn't bother to look at him, sure he was pissy as she was. 
                         "I'll make sure she knows, but we can promise nothing other than to care for Tamborine."
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
There was no reasoning with the woman. Nothing would make her understand that her will was not always right, that she was not the end all be all. If she wanted to rule herself and yield to none she should leave the pack, before her actions dictated she had no other choice. Reek surprisingly agreed with him, Nova was grossly prying into things she had no business getting into. Especially not with Reek, why throw it back in the males face? Stark offered him a curt nod to his gratitude - but already he could imagine why Octavia had left. She didn't need two children to tend to. 

If Reek hadn't smiled since she had left it was too much pressure on one person to hold the other up. Beneath his own well preserved mask was a boy terribly hung up on the opinions of others, struggling to maintain his self worth by the way he worked. He couldn't let anyone in to see that. He couldn't allow himself to break that hard. He wouldn't. "I'll let Octavia know."  Stark offered gently. He couldn't relay the message back, was there any, and was unlikely to head back to the Grotto for a great long while. Stark gave another curt nod before turning to leave and rather than trek out in the direction that Nova Rose had gone he went elsewhere. He would not travel back with her only to further be incited by her behavior.