Firefly Ravine Plus One
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Dated to before Sen gave birth, for convenience. Slight pp.

Zephyr had left despite Sen's words, but he was not alone in his return. Behind him followed multicoloured male, younger but carrying a rabbit. Stopping at the borders, the ebony male looked at @Denali with a grin.
           "Ready? Like I said, she's cranky and pregnant and has a slight thing against dogs. Show all the respect you can muster and make it quick, she isn't patient."
Finally, he yowled for @Sen and hoped she was in a good mood. Unlike Rana, he had no intentions on speaking for this male: they were not as familiar and not as close, and his joining did not bother him one way or another. He would either be a recruit for Seadog, or for Zephyr. Though he preferred not to leave yet, the snow splashed man would be willing if he had to.
42 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Denali trotted behind Zephyr until they reached the Seadog border. Once Zephyr had come to a halt, he dropped the rabbit at his paws, unable to stand the juicy taste in his mouth any longer.

Cranky and pregnant and has a slight thing against dogs. After nodding at Zephyr's words, Denali waggled his curled tail self-consciously, gritting his teeth. If not for that infernal thing he'd look just like a wolf. Damn his mother and her dog blood.

He knew not why he followed Zephyr here, or why he had even begun this madness in the first place. Upon entering the Wilds, he had harbored no intentions on joining a pack, or even making friends. He just had wanted to get away from the horrors of his past.

Yet Denali was taking this journey one day at a time, and if it had led him here, then it was meant to. He stood semi-impatiently, paws shuffling on the ground, as Zephyr called for Sen.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
After her return to the territory, she'd retired to her den in order to sleep the rest of the day away. It was there that she'd stayed until the following day, during which she'd been awoken not by any personal needs or the movements of the fetuses within, but by the call of another. It was Zephyr, that much she was certain of, for the male's voice had since become easily recognizable for her. It seemed as if it was he who often called for her, or at least had something to say, making it rather difficult to not know every octave of his voice. Since it was he who had called her, she'd been slow in pulling herself to her feet, viewing the situation as one that did not demand her immediate presence. Besides, she had an excuse for her tardiness if it were to be considered an issue, one of which she'd not hesitate to point out to any that might question her.

The further Sen walked, the more irritated she grew, the aches and pains of her body having grown quite bothersome. Add on to that the fact that she'd found herself being drawn towards the borders, and it was safe to say that the serpent wasn't the least bit pleased. A scowl had plastered itself across her face, disgruntled by the fact that her orders had been ignored. Before having even reached the two awaiting her arrival, she'd considered punishments that might be dished out, for it hadn't crossed her mind that the other wolf might hold an excellent reason for having disobeyed her direct order. All she could see was insubordination, and for that he was bound to be chastised, less his leaving was somehow pardoned. For the woman to do such a thing would surely be a rare occurrence, but perhaps the likelihood would be increased due to her current physical state. Only time could reveal any true answers, everything prior to her arrival being mere speculation, a courtesy of her conscious self.

When the borders were neared and the male spotted, the first thing she'd noticed was the presence of a stranger. Never before had she seen the new male, and was momentarily impressed by his size, considering his use and what services he might be able to provide for the pack. If only she hadn't gotten closer, for the moment she was but a few meters away, the sickled tail was noticed and she was immediate put off by his being there. While the stranger certainly appeared wolf, that tail of his was a clear sign of his impure lineage. Briefly, she'd glanced to Zephyr and silently questioned him, before having directed her gaze back to the unknown male. It was then that the rabbit was noticed, and she'd considered once again what services his being there could offer to them and, more importantly, if he'd be worth keeping around. "Give me your name and your reasoning for being here," she'd stated, jumping right into things. Due to his tail being the only thing that tied him to the blood of a dog—if that was even the case, for she knew that mutations could occur that plagued wolves with traits similar to their domesticated cousins—she'd decided to look past his possible status as a hybrid for the time being. "Zephyr, you better not have played any part in catching that rabbit at his feet, because you and I both know that now is not the time to be taking in anyone that can't pull their own weight," the woman warned, looking to her subordinate for a moment. She would accept the kill as payment for her time whether the stranger was accepted or not, though for his sake, she really did hope he'd made the kill on his own.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr sat down, tall and gentlemanly looking, and awaited the dark alpha female. He figured it would take her a while, and its not like he could complain: Rinda had been compared to a badger many a time when she was pregnant, with her lumbering walk and round, wide belly slowing her to a snails walk. Of course he wouldn't tease the alpha about it like he had his mate, he still knew that even if she wanted to go faster=which Sen surely would not=she couldn't. Denali was clearly antsy, but the ebony brute only flashed him a grin. Obviously, it was his first time, and Zephyr's own first pack joining actually had not been that long ago. 
Sen's approach was heard first, and his sharp=featured face turned to the spot she'd be coming through. As soon as she appeared, he could tell she was mad. His grassy eyes avoided her eye contact, and he might have missed her questioning glance had he not been looking at the boy. While he answered with a shrug, her next words brought a calm and teasing retort.
"Sen, do you think I want to live and work beside someone I'm always going to have to help? Not a chance. You'd be able to scent me on it if I so much as touched it."
42 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Despite being heavily pregnant, the black, long-legged female still had grace about her, as well as ferocity--her amber eyes burning like hot coals as she gazed upon him. She carried herself like a born leader, and, despite her being much smaller than himself, Denali knew she would be a formidable opponent in battle. He bowed his large head to her in respectful greeting.

"My name is Denali. I met Zephyr in the woods and he told me about your pack. I've come to seek acceptance into it."

He pointed his white-and-brown nose at the prey at his feet, keeping his gaze locked on the rabbit's dead, staring eyes as he spoke. "This kill is for you. I can provide for your pack. I can hunt, fight. I am strong."

With a brief glance at Zephyr, Denali looked back up at Sen, his eyes fixed on the white blotch on her chest, awaiting her response. She seemed irritable--he didn't blame her, with her condition--and he didn't want to overdo this.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It was not the time for remarks of a teasing tone, and she was quick to tell him of that with a glare. "You don't have to touch something to have helped in killing it," she'd returned, eyeing him for a moment longer before returning her attention to the stranger. She was not entirely convinced, but wasn't so quick to say so. Instead, she'd remained quiet for the time being, letting the topic go less it's presence was demanded again. Perhaps she would bring it up later on, but to say so for sure was not yet possible. The encounter was being taken in by the seconds, each one that ticked by beginning to wear at her patience. It was a good thing that the other male had started to speak soon after, giving her something else to focus on aside from her budding anger.

Denali was his name, and he'd happened across Zephyr in some woods. She'd thought of how far off the woods he spoke of might have been, but made no move to question either of them of their trip. Not yet, anyways, or possibly ever. "You say you can hunt," she began. "But how do you expect to do so during these times? You brought a catch today, but what makes you so certain that you'll be able to do the same thing tomorrow? Can you assure me that you'll be able to?" Of course he couldn't, no one could, but knowing that didn't keep her from pestering him about it anyways. "That tail of yours doesn't belong to a wolf," said the serpent, the true reasoning for her uncertainty revealed. "Have you ever lived with humans? Ever acted like their little pet and did their bidding?" Never would she be able to understand what drove some wolves to produce offspring with their lesser cousins. In a mate, one sought strength, not some creature that would roll over and beg at any chance they got.
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr's ears wilted back and the ebony brute turned his face back to the wolfdog, not giving an answer as to not provoke her more. He'd merely been backup had Denali missed, not helped in catching. Thankfully, though, the alpha also turned her attention to the stranger. The dark woman addressed him harshly, but that was expected of Sen; nor did Zephyr blame her. Neither of them wanted to be harassed by someone who didn't know how to fend for themselves, but the gentleman was positive this one could handle himself. Sens last comments he didn't share, for he believed in giving everyone a good chance no matter their history or lineage.
42 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
He had just begun to open his mouth to answer Sen's questions about his usefulness when she cut in with a jab at his tail, his half-breed heritage. A flush of anger raced through his body like flames, searingly hot, and he gritted his teeth together so as to not bark a retort at the black female.

"Fate had me born in a human's den, yes, and to a half-dog mother," Denali said quietly, struggling mightily to keep his voice level. "But I am no pet. The blood of the wild wolf flows through my veins.

"In answer to your other questions, I can assure you that I will try my hardest to serve your pack, if it pleases you to grant me admittance."

He felt his tail wag involuntarily and resisted a snarl. Fate had given him the body of a wolf but the tail of a mutt. Now here he was, facing scrutiny over it. He wanted to rip it out at the base.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The male had defended himself, his lineage. Proclaiming to her the details of his birth, his mother, and the way in which he viewed himself. Not a pet, but a wolf through and through, or so was the claim he'd made in her presence. The woman, of course, was not entirely convinced, and would strive to constantly test his words if she were to grant him access into her pack. In what manner might she do so was not currently known, for wasting the time thinking about something that she might not even have the opportunity to do was, well, wasteful. It would do her no good, nor would it press the matter along any further. She would be forced to linger their on her feet for an ever longer period of time if she'd chosen to do so, and so she'd set for herself a mental reminded for a later date.

"If you say so," she'd returned, eyeing his tail once more before directing her attention elsewhere. It was a minor thing, really, and yet even still it found a way to do the madaflippin' tango—or something along those lines—on her nerves. "If I see you act like some pet, you'll be thrown to the most vile of beasts that I can find." Cougars? Bears? Her fat—okay, okay, okay, maybe she'd reconsider her words some other time. For the time being, however, she was intent on getting through the encounter with her sanity still very much intact, which meant remaining focused on the male and letting neither her past nor personal opinions influence her final decision. Well... not too much, anyways.

"It doesn't please me at all, if we're talking on a personal level," Sen stated, blunt as usual, but dreadfully honest. "But since you think that you can pull your weight around here, I'll give you a chance." Perhaps this was a sign of progress? Maybe Sen was finally getting over her dislike of hybrids and dogs alike? Er... unlikely, but wishful thinking, right? "Eventually, I'll find you and demand some sort of animal. If you can't deliver, my choice will be reconsidered, but until then I'll allow you to live here." Someday, maybe in the near future, the Gorgon wouldn't be such an uncivilized punk.
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr was one who appreciated rawness, but even Sen's brutal honesty brought worry to him. She seemed to be fighting with herself against her opinions, but she eventually granted him permission: even if he would have to prove himself. The idea brought a lightbulb over his head, and at once he decided that it was something that would be worked upon for his own pack rules. Not so harsh, of course, but proof that he wouldn't be letting in freeloaders and lazy wolves. The ebony brute turned his happy gaze on Denali, congratulating him silently with a smile.
42 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
His anger at Sen's flash judgement of his heritage had not yet faded, but he bowed his head in thanks, regardless.

"I appreciate you giving me the chance to prove myself," Denali said softly, eyes lowered. "You will see I will not let you down."

He lifted his head and looked over at Zephyr, who was grinning at him with congratulations. He mustered a small smile in return, lips not even lifting over his teeth, and then pointed his nose again at the rabbit at his paws. "Like I said, this is yours," he said, gazing impassively at Sen. "Luck willing, I'll bring you and your children more food in the future."

Tail stiff with self-consciousness, he turned to walk away, grinding his teeth with a small sense of frustration. He wasn't quite sure about this arrangement, yet. . .but perhaps, with hard work and with time, he would earn this fiery alpha's trust and respect.

Fading here. Feel free to post more or archive
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Last post on my end. Raven Marie, I'll leave you to either make another post or archive immediately.
Welcome to SS, Emily. ^^

No more words left the woman's mouth, her patience having since run out. Again, the male had pointed out the gift he'd brought, to which the woman had glanced. It was rare for her to accept help from others, and yet, she did not turn the meal away—and she did not reach for it immediately, either. Rather, Sen had looked to Zephyr, mildly annoyed still, but not a single comment noting his insubordination left her mouth. "You," she'd stated, wishing to draw his full attention over to her before continuing. "You brought him here, you show him around. Consider him to be your responsibility until I say otherwise." For several moments, the Gorgon's stare did not leave Zephyr's face. Whether she was trying to intimidate him or simply make a point, it was unclear, and she made no move to shed any light on her intentions.

When Sen had broken eye contact, she'd snatched up the rabbit and took her leave immediately after. Her body ached something terrible, and she felt herself in need of a decent rest to possibly soothe her troubles. For the rest of the day, she did not allow for her mind to linger on the new recruit, having decided already that he would not be her responsibility until his worth had been proven.