Firefly Ravine Second Offence
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Once more had Zephyr left the borders, but once more had he brought back not just a recruit, but more prey than before. No doubt would she be irritated to be pulled from her pups and to the borders AGAIN, but she would be faced with both a larger, but thin sea bird and a smaller but fatter seagull.
Carrying the white and grey bird in his jaws, the ebony brute stopped a couple feet from the border, sat, and dropped the gull at his snowy paws. Turning to @Silhouette with a smile on his face, he gave her a few tips before howling for @Sen.
"Sen just gave birth and was cranky before even getting pregnant, so you might want to get right to the point when she gets here and show due respect. Make sure she knows the bird is for her, should she pick it over my gull."
9 Posts
Ooc —
Silhouette was slightly shaking now, what if this alpha wolf didn't like her? She waited in anticipation for the alpha while stood by the larger wolves side. This comforted her slightly, as she knew she wasn't alone. She made sure the bird she had was in clear site but still close to her, just so the alpha would be able to see it but hopefully understand that it was her that had caught it.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Noise. Noise, noise, noise, and—you guessed it!—more noise.

Not long had passed since she'd birthed her daughters, but the mental pain they'd inflicted upon her thus far seemed almost as if they'd been around for ages. She'd wondered often if her own mother had been put through the same ordeal, but would then disregard such absurd thoughts. After all, there was no way Sen had ever been such a troublesome creature. Often, too, she would wonder what it would have been like if she'd have killed them right away, just as had been previously planned. Surely her days would have been far more peaceful than they currently were, but would she have been alright afterwards? Would murdering her own children—her daughters—have altered her view of life in any way? Perhaps it was too late to figure out for sure if it would have changed her, for she felt herself incapable of ending their lives even with them being a bother to her.

Sen had been huddled within her den watching over her litter when a howl erupted from the direction of the borders. She knew it to be Zephyr, and was put off once again by the fact that he'd disregarded her order to remain within the pack's land. It was his second time now ignoring her command, and she could only hope that he had another good reason for having done so. She was not nearly as angry as she'd been the first time around, however, for her need to respond to the call meant that she had a reason to spend some time away from her darling girls. It was with an even pace that she'd headed for the borders after having exited the den, glancing back only once or twice before feeling confident with her departure. It hadn't taken long, either, for her to near the borders, where she'd found the male and a new stranger waiting for her.

"Name, reason for being here, and what you have to offer us—go," the woman called out before having even been given the chance to come to a stop, a feeling of unease having slowly started to settle within the pit of her stomach. Perhaps she should have called for someone and requested that they watch her children while she was away, but that had brought up the question of whether or not she'd trusted anyone enough to do so. No, she'd told herself, they'll be fine for a few minutes. Reassured by her own thoughts, her attention was placed upon the woman, awaiting her (hopefully speedy) reply.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Sen was quicker this time to respond to his call, and he left the gull on the side Silhouette wasn't on: just to be clear she knew who caught what. He didn't bother speaking, knowing that inturrupting the alpha was not the wisest of plans.  He wondered how the puppies were doing, but again wasn't willing to break the focus that was between the dark female. Surely she'd want to get back to her brood before long. 

Nyah, short post T_T
9 Posts
Ooc —
Silhouette was even more nervous now, she was in the presence of an alpha. This was something she cannot remember doing even once before as she was so young. She nudged the dead bird forwards towards the alpha to signify it was indeed for her and her pups. She avoided eye contact as she did not want to seem a threat. "This is a gift for you." Her insides were churning, she felt unbelievably nervous now. Would the alpha like her gift? Would she even except it?
Her murky green eyes darted from one place to another, she wasn't sure where to look, her black, white flecked tail started to drop between her legs. She hoped she had done the right thing by coming here.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The birds had not been missed, but had instead been ignored. While it served as a demonstration of one's skills, she'd found that it doubled as bribery, which was something she would not fall victim to. No longer could she think and act only for herself, for there existed now two smaller beings that depended on her. They had to trust that she, as their mother, could provide for them everything that they might ever need, as long as it was a necessity. It was for that reason that she was cautious of outsiders for the time being, wishing to be stricter with her interviews so as to ensure that not a single threat managed to slip by undetected. This, however, did not stop her from being impatient, nor did it decrease the likelihood of her being caught in a sour mood.

One of the feathered creatures had been pushed her way, offered as a gift, which was then followed by silence. Sen scowled at this, for the silence only extended the meeting, thus preventing her from returning to her children as quickly as previously planned. "Is this gift of yours going to answer my questions for you? Should I sit around and wait for it to be reanimated and hope to whatever higher power that it might speak our language?" the woman voiced, each question being purely rhetorical, serving only as an example of her growing vexation. "I will repeat myself only once—give me your name, why you are here, and what skills you have to offer that might make you valuable to us." They were few in numbers, as the serpent was well aware, but that would not prevent her from turning away and returning to her den. Often did the encounters move quickly, her questions being answered and the recruit's worth tested, but this one was being drawn out instead. It was not something she could say she was particularly fond of, for the longer she was away from her screaming terrors, the more at risk they might be for who-knows-what.
9 Posts
Ooc —
Silhouette was slightly shocked at the sharpness of the alpha's tone. "I am known as Silhouette, I am here to offer this bird as a symbol of peace, if you do not want this bird that is entirely up to you and I don't mind. I am also here in search of a home, a place where I can live and protect. I have some good attributes, one, my speed. When times are tough and the only prey left is particularly small and fast like a bird or rabbit I can catch them. Two, my size, I am no threat to you, but I am particularly small and would be a great scout if you were ever doubting another wolf, or pack. I could go undetected and if I was somehow caught I can just as quickly disappear. I hope you consider my abilities and I hope they appeal to you." Silhouette understood that this wolf did not seem patient so she decided it was best just to speak. Even if that was not in her nature it would save her a lot of trouble. Silhouette had become slightly less afraid now, she stood slightly prouder but not prominent enough to seem a threat. She hoped she had done everything right, but until the alpha spoke she would not be able to confirm her actions.
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Just as future notice, watch post order :)

Zephyr stayed silent as the female's went back and forth. He knew Silhouette's lack of words would get Sen riled up, and it did. The alpha gave her another chance, thank god, but this would likely be her last. Just as the ebony male turned his grassy gaze to the younger female, she answered on her own and gave Sen the information she needed. Would this be enough to satisfy the dark alpha, or would she be turned down? Silhouette seemed quite accomplished in speaking, and the male realized further how shy she was.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Last post from me. Welcome~

When her questions had been answered, Sen was only listening partially. Her mind had been drawn elsewhere, clouded by the images of her children and wondering how they were currently faring. Perhaps she should not have left them, but had she not, then who would have responded to Zephyr's call? No one, that's who. Silently, she cursed Depp—over and over again until the words no longer felt as if they held any power, for he was the one to blame for her current state. When the topic of possible scouting missions were brought up, however, she did look to the other female. It was then that the Gorgon's eyes were granted permission to roam over the loner's body, noting her physical attributes and judging her quite a bit by the way she appeared. To judge a book by its cover was, in fact, a specialty of hers. "Not sure how often I'll use you for scouting, but I'll keep what you said in mind just in case," the leader began, jumping right back into things. "I'll expect you to show your hunting skills regularly." Indirectly, the loner had been accepted, but her words were not meant to stop there.

Sen took a few steps closer, eyeing the other female for a solid second in pure silence. "Since I'm interested in getting actual wolves back into this pack, I'll let you join. Just make sure you pull your weight around here, because I sure as hell can't make up for any mistakes that you make." With that, she moved forward and picked up the bird that Silhouette had caught, turned, and took a few steps away from them. Before she could get far, however, her head twisted around so that she could glance over her shoulder at the pair. "Zephyr," the serpent said, her words slightly muffled by the bird that was occupying the space in her mouth. "Show her around, get her settled in, and whatever else you can think of. I have to go." The final word had barely even made it out before Sen was leaving them, returning back to her den so that she could wrap herself around her daughters once more.