Broken Antler Fen Birthday Girl
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Forgot to say the purpose of this thread. It's Brandy's birthday!
Aduin didn't know it yet, but he was about to get a surprise. He headed out to find @Brandy, or @Sebastian. Maybe even @Pearl. He hadn't seen her in some time. He wanted some company during this famine. He hated being alone, unless he was in his secret spot. And that had been chewed away.

He headed to the secret spot they shared, but stopped along the way to see if anything had started growing at all.
Not sure how much would have grown back by now
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ammie was the first to find the salt and pepper male, and trotted towards him with a friendly chuff. Today was a conflicting day for her. As to how she knew, well, suppose that was just a mothers intuition. Today, exactly a year ago, was the day she gave birth to Brandy and her siblings. It was also, of course, the day she LOST all but one of her babies, much as she'd been conflicted with wanting them. 
           "Hey there Aduin, whatcha up to?"
Despite the dreary twist in her mind, the tawny woman's lemon eyes sparkled and there was a bounce in her step.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian met up with the others pretty quickly after that. He liked that they were sharing strong bonds with each other now. He had the feeling that those bonds would only become stronger. When he saw the two he greeted his brother with a nudge and smiled. Sebastian realized that Ambrosia was also a good friend to him so he greeted her the same, with a friendly nudge.

Having them around gave him hope that they would make it through this. His let out a soft sigh. "I'm glad you two are in my pack, all of my members actually. It is really good to know that we are becoming a close pack," he smiled.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy, unawares of the day's significance, was heading towards the Cove initially, but the scents of not just her mate, but mother and alpha drew her towards the spot Aduin had said was theirs. 
The salt and pepper male was chatting with Ambrosia, and the copper yearling showed up soon enough to see Sebastian materialize. He was right, they were becoming a close family, and it was all so new to Brandy. Not bad, however, for it was the time here that calmed her soul and brought her to Aduin. Pack life, so far, was simply amazing.
      "Hey guys!"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin shrugged. Today for him was just a lazy day. He sat his rump down as Seb came onto the scene, saying he was glad to have them. Aduin wanted to say that he was glad Sebastian found him, but he kept his mouth shut, afraid of ruining the moment.

Then Brandy came, and he came to his feet and went right over to brush by her. "Morning, Bran. Something's got your mom seeming pretty happy today. You got any idea?" he asked curiously.
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Aduin had little time to respond before Seb was there, saying how happy he was to have them. The tawny woman smiled at her alpha, and opened her mouth to speak, but Brandy came prancing on into the huddle next. Her mate questioned the copper girl on Ammie's mood, and she decided to speak up first as Brandy wouldn't remember.
      "I doubt she remembers, but a mother never forgets. It's today, a year ago, that I brought your mate into the world."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian sat down next to Aduin and curiously looked around. The grey male smiled once Ambrosia started to explain, though he did remember that Ambrosia told him about how Brandy was concieved and that she almost killed Brandy. Alas, Ambrosia seemed happy so he was not going to remind her of that.

Sebastian let out a cheery bark and wagged its tail. "It means that it is your birthday!" he called out. She was a yearling now, officially even more an adult. Though that reminded him that in a few months, maybe half a year or so, she would be able to have babies. Sebastian was not sure what he thought about that.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The copper female blinked in surprise at her mother for a moment, but she couldn't remember. It was Spring, after all, but she couldn't sense the day as her mother could. For all she knew, Ambrosia was wrong. 
       "Oh, wow! I didn't think about it!" 
She didn't think about Sebastians worries, not now. Puppies were in her future, she hoped, but far into the future. All she was focused on now was those in front of her, and the apparent celebration.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin's eyes widened when Ambrosia explained. And Sebastian's addition onto the explanation made it clearer. He turned his head to Bran and right away he gave her a lick oacross her cheek. "It's your birthday?! Bran, I'm so happy for you!" He said very overjoyed, his tail wagging at full speed.

"This would make you..One year old?" he asked to both Brandy and Ambrosia, just to be sure he was getting it right.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
With a giggle, Ambrosia nodded. Truth be told, it was hard for her to deal with the fact that it'd been a year already since Midnight, but it was also the day she was given the best thing that happened to her. 
           "One whole year!"
I did it, I raised her all by myself when nobody believed I could. A sense of pride enveloped the young female, but it was tempered with the fact that her daughter wasn't pressed against HER. Jealousy pricked at her heart, but the tawny woman shoved it away best she could. Brandy was happy.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at all the happy faces. "Once we catch a big meal again we will celebrate your birthday," he promised to Brandy, and looked at the others. They all looked ragged and skinny from the lack of food, but hopefully there was some hope that the greenery would soon return with their prey. The alpha male glanced at all of them with a quirk on his lips.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy grinned and pressed into her mate, wrigging in excitement and licking his neck. Yes, she was an entire year old now, and felt like she was moving on up in the world. Now that she knew what day it was, it got much more exciting. Everyone seemed so happy! The tricolored yearling had no idea of her mothers inner turmoil.
             "That sounds wonderful Seb, I can't wait!"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
His tail wagged in joy as he praised Brandy for this momentuous occasion. It most definitely brightened up his mood with this whole famine thing going on. But then he thought, what would he do for her? There must be something he could. Help with catching the prey? Possibly. Or just try and find something small for her. Maybe.

For now, Aduin sat by his mate, celebrating and enjoying this moment. "What do you want to do, Bran?" he asked. It was her day after all. And whatever she wanted, he would go with her to do it with her. If she wanted him to help her.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ambrosia stepped forward and gave her daughter a gentle nuzzle, licking her shoulder before turning away. They would likely be going off and the tawny female didn't like the idea of watching the yearling leave. 
         "Have a fine day you two, I'll be around."
With that, and a nod to the males, Ammie took her leave: turning around and trotting off towards the lakes.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian saw Ambrosia leaving and saw that as his cue to also leave the premises. He did not want to disturb to love couple any more, maybe they had planned something romantic or were going to do such romantic things. He was not sure. Still Sebastian decided that it was his time to leave too. The male nodded and then quirked up his lips. "Alright. I will be leaving too," he spoke and then left to check on Pearl.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Her mother was first to leave, and that did set off warning bells in her mind. The yearling stared after her mother for a moment, until her consentration was broken by Seb making his own leave. Leaving her alone with her mate, the copper female turned and nuzzled into his chest. 
            "I dont know, I'm pretty tired."
The hunger was really getting to her now, her waist more than easily defined and her hip bones jutting out. The already slim female was losing more and more energy as the time went by, and knew they would need food ASAP if the fen pack were to survive.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin watched the two older adults leave, then Bran made her answer after surprising him with a nuzle into his chest. It was a warmth he welcomed and needed to get used to more often. "I have no idea either...We could check on our own private space" he suggested. They hadn't been there since after the swarm. And he hadn't taken a look inside their den there to see how it was doing.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy was still slightly upset at their haven being destroyed, even their den stripped of moss that she'd worked so hard to get. She hadn't been there but for passing through since they'd first been there, and the copper female was hesitant on answering for a moment. 
         "Yeah, sure. Its still bare...."
After giving a lick to his pale jaws, she padded off towards the grove with a yawn splitting her jaws.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Fade?

Aduin followed along, sticking close to her side. He moved his muzzle toward her ear to whisper something, "Happy birthday." Then he made a little space between them as they walked along, his tail swaying in joy and happiness. He was glad for her, to have it be her birthday. One year old.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Sure

Brandy smiled and nudged into her mate, giggling and padding towards their place. She'd made it an entire year, one full year of survival and it was all thanks to her mother. She didn't see it with the same grueling twist her mother did, never having actually known her siblings. 
        "Thanks Addy, I love you."