Blackfoot Forest Mr. Bennet made no answer.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Private 
@Amara and @Sen <3 slight pp on amara

He steps past the border with his wife at his heels, nosing her occassionally to remind her of his affection for her. His ears perk and he pauses, his nose twitching. "The grass is growing," he says, somewhat out of the blue. It was true though. Even though the landscape still appeared brown and dirt-coverd, small grass stubs poked through the dirt in an attempt to regreenify the land. Whether or not it would actually work, he was not sure. 

"Maybe everything will grow back by midsummer..." he adds, looking to Amara with a loving gaze. He planned on asking her something today, but he would have to wait for another day.
years of love have been forgotten; in the hatred of a minute.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
She walked sloftly behind Aaron across the border, to where there was no rules. She didn't like being outside her home so much. Mainly, if any other wolf tried anything she could hardly defend herself. Although, Aaron was with her so she need'nt worry. She loped up to match his stride beside him. After their erm.. physical courtiship she began to feel all the more at home beside him. She was his wife, afterall. It did not cross her mind that technically he had never proposed as mates, they just were. What she didn't know didn't confuse her, so she had no worries at the moment. 

"Yes, I do hope so," She had been meaning to take what was left of her pack's females for a seedling trip. While her garden was destroyed, she thankfully had mind to store away the seeds she did not use and therefore had suplies to re-plant. However, she could not find Hosannah. It concerned her, and she would make sure to ask around once they returned. "Where are we going?" The thought suddenly came to her mind. She was not in the right mood for suprises, only to find food for her family. 
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I read that other females in a pack may lactate for the young even if they aren't mothers themselves, sooo... assuming she left her daughters with one of the other females back at SS. A+ parenting amiright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was unclear what had drawn her away from her children, and then beyond the borders of her claim. She'd told the others of her departure, ensuring her daughters were watched over long before she'd actually taken her leave, wishing not to let the future of her blood fall victim to death. They were superior beings, though still were they young. Someday they would grow into women, and would carry with them the Gorgon legacy, she was certain of it. Depp's absence had, in a way, been a blessing in disguise, for she had the opportunity to raise her children as she saw best fit, and to do so was her exact plan. However, all of that would have to wait for the time being, as the woman had wandered far from her claim, her paws carrying her towards a familiar destination—the land of the foxes.

Quite some time had passed since she'd last visited the place, for she'd spared naught even a glance in its direction after her return to Teekon. Her journey had taken her elsewhere, after all, and she'd gone with the flow for, at the time, it'd been most beneficial for her. Presently, though, she'd needed a moment to herself in an area that she'd known from her original arrival in the wilds, in a place where the she would wager that life might still thrive. Yet, when she'd neared what was left of the once looming woods, she'd known right away that something had changed. It was not the stench of foxes that ruled primarily over the land, but wolves. Someone had moved in on the land, taking it for themselves, or so was her assumption. That did not deter her, however, and the serpent soon found herself loitering around the borders, glancing past the naked trees and seeking perhaps even the slightest of movements.

A blur of movement in her peripheral had caught hold of Sen's attention, forcing her head to whip around and stare in the direction she'd noticed it come from. There, leaving the dead forest and entering into unclaimed land were two wolves. For several moments, the Gorgon stayed back and simply observed them, watching their steps before her curiosity got the better of her. With snake-like movements, she'd crept closer to the duo, her gaze never leaving their forms. "You two," she'd eventually called, hanging back slightly instead of closing the distance entirely. "Who owns those woods?" To the barren line of trees she'd nodded, making sure her question was not misunderstood. Always had she held some level of fondness for the forest of the vulpines, and so she felt it to be in her best interest to learn of who all had settled into it.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron shrugs. He had no idea where simply that they were. He enjoyed walking, and although it was usually more scenic he still enjoyed the freedom to stretch his legs. "Whatever grabs our attention," he tells her, smiling and nosing her cheek. "Amara," he begins, his gaze flickering between her and the imaginary path before them. "I have been meaning to--" he freezes, pushing a shoulder before his lover to stop her. He smells something-- someone-- but is unsure where they are. Her snakelike movements were quite the asset, as she went unnoticed by the couple almost entirely.

She soon shows herself-- Aaron is not sure if she had noticed that he had noticed her or not-- and speaks. She speaks like she is unaware that she is so close to pack borders, but she asks about the forest directly. The man clears his throat, his chest puffing out slightly. "That would be us-- my name is Aaron Odolf, and this is my mate Amara," he calls to her, his eyes narrowing. "Who is asking?"
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
She walked closer to Aaron, pondering their course of action both on the trail and with the pack. She was not too worried with their current numbers, positive they would bounce back. However, if their decreasing numbers continued, they would need to condier other options. The only other pack she had met was the Maplewood wolves, and they had not been very nice. The timid woman was not sure if the other packs were the same or not. Either way, she would stick to her own for now.

When a gruff, yet intimidation dark female wandered right up to them, the closest she had come to another pack wolf in a while she was internally nervous. However, she did not need to show it. They were close enough to Rosings to be secure and they had not called for arguement. The small woman nodded along to confirm her place along side and with the pack. Did this female know how close she was? It looked like she was looking for something, with intent. "What do you seek?" Unlike her stronger counterpart, her tone was soft. She found no reason to be rude, although perhaps it may have been best to take a harder tone when dealing with another Alpha. No matter, she was unlike the other Alpha's and prefered it that way.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
For once, the woman was patient, awaiting any replies that might come. However, beneath her coat the muscles had tensed, preparing her for a quick getaway should one be necessary. When words were directed her way, she'd relaxed, having yet to pick up on any indicators that might suggest the couple would attack. It pleased her when she'd realized this, for physical fights had never appealed to her, and rare was it for her to actually partake in one. That day would not serve as an anomaly, either, which she was somewhat thankful for (not that she'd ever show it, of course). When the male of the duo appeared to push forward his chest, she'd refrained from snickering, focusing on her curiosity and allowing that to guide her down a path of pleasantries. Perhaps, if ever were they to grow close, she'd forever note how lucky the pair had been to have met her on a decent day. Yet, the chances of that happening were slim at best, and so the woman's attention reverted back to the present.

"My name's Sen, leader of some ragtag group north of here," she'd stated, directing her words towards the male, for he'd been the one to ask. The serpent did not consider her words prior to having spoken them, having allowed for her initial thoughts to slip from her tongue, and finding then that it was true. The sanctuary had been a grouping of various wolves from different backgrounds that possessed different ideals from the very beginning, but only then had it truly dawned on her just how troublesome that was. Before she could mentally curse the man that had convinced her to join him, however, the female of the pair spoke up. Another question was directed her way, though it was one she could not answer immediately. Did she seek anything? Perhaps, but reluctant was she to admit it. "Nothing," came her answer, head turning to address Amara. "I used to hang around in that forest a while back, and made the journey over here to walk through it for old times' sake. Didn't expect to find a pack here, though." So far, it seemed as if she'd made the trek all for nothing. Instead of turning and leaving, however, the woman found herself to be mildly curious of the settlers there. "How big's your pack?" she'd asked, the query directed towards no one in particular. "Are the foxes still around?" She'd been fond of those sneaky little buggers.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"I see," the man says, his ears cupping forward as he listens. He presses against Amara a bit, but his posture relaxes slightly as she introduces herself as the Queen of another pack. "It is a pleasure-- our pack is called Rosings," he tells her, feeling that it was important to add that while she had a 'rag-tag' group, he and Amara ran a full pack. He wants to ask Sen if she ran the pack with a man, but as she asked more questions he decides he'll wait. 

"Our pack is small... regrowing though. The swarm took a toll on our ranks-- as I am sure it has everyones," he informs her, failing to tell her that their ranks were actually on the verge of extinction. Faramir had stepped down and had laid lower than low as of late and Maja had disappeared completely-- Aaron assumed that this was the reason for Faramir's lack of activity. Samuel, Liri, and Emily were the only other wolves in the pack, and the broad man was thankful for every second that they remained-- more so for Emily's.

Her second question catches him somewhat off gaurd. Surely no one would miss the gross creatures-- right? "The foxes are gone. They were here when we arrived in February, but we chased out some and the swarm drove out the rest," he says, his tail waving behind him.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
The Alpha female nods, listening to what the strange female has to say. Aaron answer's the females question, about the foxes. She had never disliked the vulpines herself, but he had not considered the invasion to their favour. No matter, they were bound to return one day, when the wildlife returned.

It was true, their ranks had dwindled over time but yet she had hope. She would not give up on her pack just because they had lost many of their family to the plauge of bugs. A chill ran down her spine as she remembered Gotham''s shaky last breath before the first of them had perished in hunger. Some how, her small body had managed to survive the tragety, although her new frame now showed her ribcage and the ripples of her back bone. "How is your pack faring?"

The female had described her pack as a "ragtag" group, although it seemed a common name for her band of wolves. Amara wanted to know the truth, as if it was the most dire thing in the world. She needed to know that if they were starving, it wasn't just their own. It was not because she was incapable of hunting big game, or that there was just no hope at all. They would find a solution, one way or another.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
A name was given to the pack of the woods, then, one that seemed neither befitting nor unfitting of the once heavily shaded territory that she remembered. The name was something she did not comment on, however, deciding that it would get her nowhere if she were to waste her time questioning their thought processes. It didn't matter much to her, either, in all honesty. They'd chosen to call themselves something that must have some sort of meaning to it, whereas she still allowed for her pack to be addressed as a name that meant absolutely nothing to her. Perhaps, for that, she could give them props, but never would such praise leave her lips. No, Sen wasn't the type to do so, being far more interested in ensuring she was viewed as a being of non-soft characteristics.

The woman listened as more information was passed her way, silently relating to them when it was revealed how their pack was rather small. She did not speak yet, however, allowing the male the chance to finish before her voice was used once again. As his words died away, though, there came the softer voice of his partner, who seemed to have a question of her own. "My pack is in the same state as yours," she'd answered, failing, also, to share just how few her numbers were. "After the swarms had cleared up, several members were gone—including my co-leader—and they haven't returned since." Perhaps they'd found greener valleys to live in, or perhaps they'd died or been killed off. She cared little for the outcomes of their lives, for the mistake they'd made by leaving her meant that she'd not allow them entry even if they were to return. In a time of need, they had been assumed to have fled with their tails between their legs, and so what use would they have now? Absolutely none.

In regards to the runaway foxes, she'd said: "What a shame. Those foxes had a way of lighting up the woods, and could have served as a nice snack." Especially now, given the state of the world around them. "Speaking of snacks, how's the prey around here? Anything larger than a rabbit hanging around still?" At the sanctuary, they had fish and various other small game, but hardly anything else. The microscopic meals simply weren't enough.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"There are some," Aaron responds to her, shrugging. "The foxes were nice meals indeed while they lasted, but they have been gone for a while now," he adds. "The most prey we find now is underwater, and I speak mostly for myself when I say that I am a poor fisher," he says, a dry jokes followed by a devilishly handsome smile, which he flashes at Amara for a moment more than he does Sen-- force of habit. 

He then looks off, his ears perking. "Sen-- if my Amara does not mind, I would not object to showing you the part of the woods that you came for, if you had one. It is a wonderful place-- greenery or not-- I believe you should be allowed to see it for a final time, if it is the reason you came." He glances to his wife for a sound confirmation, but was pretty set on doing the thing anyway.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
amara walked with them, yet no so that would distrub the peace of the conversation. yet, aarons suggestion suprised her. he wwas a territorial man, pridefull, so much that she never would have guessed him to willingly allow another female, an alpha, within their borders. she did not know how to feel about this, an alpha instinct had already told her to not let the female so close, yet she did not refuse her mate of his wishes. a brief nod of her head was all she offered, turning to start the group on their short journey, one small step infront of the other. 

the dark alpha female made her uneasy, she could not deny but she could not outright subject the female to judgement on behalf of a feeling. she had learned not to do so all her life, and would not be changing all of a sudden over a girl that, even though was clearly not the most curteous, was a formiable alpha that held herself with a sense of respect. instead, she greeted the situation with pity. the female's tale of absent members struck a sadness within her own heart. an image of gotham phased through her mind. she too, knew departure. yet, knowing her contribution to the topic would no be a cheery one, she kept silent, listening, wondering what the female truly came for in the first place.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
So, some foxes still lingered around, but the majority had either been chased out or left due to the famine. The pack's primary source of food was of the underwater variety, it seemed, which eased her considerably. The sanctuary was not the only pack to have been hit hard, nor were they the only ones that had needed to resort to such measures. It was reassuring, really, but never would she offer any verbal confirmation of her feelings. No, that'd be far too much, and something she'd be more or less incapable of doing. "I hope the foxes return," she'd stated, perhaps more so to herself than the duo. They'd always filled the forest with life, after all, but she'd tried to refrain from thinking about that. Her attention was drawn towards his statement about his skills as a fisher, instead, catching how lacking he apparently was in that department. "I dunno about how my followers were before joining me, but my pack has a member that came from the shore. She's been pretty helpful when it comes to fishing." Sadie had been a great help to the sanctuary, that was for sure.

An offer was made, towards which she felt skeptical. It was not common for wolves to allow outsiders access into their land, especially when said outsider happened to be a leader in her own right. It was strange, and she felt hesitant, but had ultimately agreed to be given a tour. "Maybe in exchange for a tour, I could let one of my members teach you and your wolves how to fish properly," the woman suggested, not wanting to leave a debt unpaid. "She wouldn't be able to stay for long, though. I need her around for... things." Yeah, things. Such as keeping the stocks of fish and other underwater creatures high so that the new mother could provide for her children.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron nodds, "I feel that that is appropriate," he says, glancing once again towards Amara-- who remained silent. He glances towards Sen, an eyebrow raising. "Are you ready now?" he asks.

holy heck this is short i'm sorry Aaron's running low on some inspiration lately
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Allie gave me permission to skip her. ^^
Minor PP to get them moving. I can totally edit it if either of you would like for me to do so.

From the woman's perspective, she'd seen a deal that had been made. Through the woods she would venture one last time—under the supervision of those that had claimed it, of course—and then towards the woods she would send Sadie. It was a fair exchange, each party receiving something of value to them. For Sen, it'd be peace of mind, whereas for the others it would be survival. It was something that the serpent could work with, and so she'd offered a nod of her head before the trio were heading off into the once lively woods.

When the border had been crossed, and no longer was Sen within free land, she'd fallen silent. It was a brief moment of wordless walking, her mind slowly wrapping itself around what she was doing, as well as dragging up memories of her previous visits. Eventually, however, she'd managed to look to Aaron—though they were a pair, he'd seemed to be the most dominant of the two, and therefore held the majority of the Gorgon's focus—and asked: "How small is your pack, exactly?" She couldn't help but be a bit curious. The sanctuary had taken a greater hit than she'd ever admit to, and so it made her wonder if the same was the case for Rosings. Perhaps the leader had downplayed the impact that the famine had had on them, just as she had sort of done.