Verdant Basin conditions of existence
crumble iron
11 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
He's more in between the basin and Golden Glade.

His jaw tightens, shifting his weight on the ground as much as he can. The lying position he remains does little and there’s a snap, a twig beneath his back rear foot that breaks, and the bird peaks its head up from pecking at something on the ground. It doesn’t rush right away in a fury of flaps and feathers, surprising the boy that he almost falls back and ruins the entire set up. Just a little longer, let his body lock into the set up just a little bit longer.

When Bowie does rush forward, his foot slips and he isn’t able to cover the distance fast enough. The bird seems to disappear from view and his eyes narrow and lose focus, head snapping upward with a flash of jaws as he tries to catch the remains. One feather lands between clashing teeth that gets him choked up, gasping for breath suddenly as all four feet come to the ground. 

The bird is long gone then and he’s left with an over exaggerated sputter.
I promise I will love you forever.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Hope you don't mind me slipping Laika in here <3

The silver queen slipped silently through the barren landscape, dodging the dead twigs and rocks that were scatter around the basin. Her graceful movements made it easy to do this. Her blue eyes glanced around at the large basin and the landscape around her. Her eyes caught movement a ways away, but she was close enough to identify the figure as a wolf. It seemed to have jumped for a bird -- one of the last ones around here -- and failed. 

Always willing to help, the Silver Creek delta turned in that direction. Maybe this wolf didn't know about fishing, or maybe they didn't know how to fish. Either way, Laika was willing to teach them how because at the moment, it was the most efficient way to stay alive whether anyone liked it or not. She poised herself in a dominant but non-threatening position as she walked forward, tail high.
crumble iron
11 Posts
Ooc —
He sits there for a moment, watching off in the distance as if he could see the bird still flying away. Long gone by now, however, Bowie eventually gets back to his feet and adjusts himself. Muck sticks to one side of his face and he shakes, but the weakness in his body has taken a toll that he nearly stumbles back onto his rump. He's able to catch himself, but awkwardly splaying all four legs, and with a heave of a breathe, begins to put them back together. 

Bowie turns, catching a glimpse of another close before he'd been able to hear or smell her. Her posture confuses him, sure they'd been on neutral territory, but her tail flags high enough to make him second guess himself. He lifts his lips to show his teeth then, a low rumble of a growl sounds, elongating his sudden frustration. No other scents catch his attention and he once again deems where he stands unclaimed. Perhaps a pack wolf, a little better off than he, but beyond her claim she means nothing to him and he feels no where close to where she might call home.
I promise I will love you forever.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
The stranger notices her and turned to her, curling his lips back in a snarl. She paused midstep, surprised by the threatening stance, but she guessed her dominant stance set him off. She's been overly cautious lately, maybe there was no need. She couldn't help but bristle in response to the showing of his teeth, but she made she her tail retreated to the normal position. Her ears turned on their axis to face him and she parted her jaws to speak. 

"My appologies if I came off rude. I've just been needing to be more cautious than usual around these new lands..." She said, still unknowning if this wolf would be a threat. Either way, he was fairly far from her lands so she shouldnt' be too worried. It wasnt as if he was in King Elk Forest or something. Taking a deep breath, she left a respectful distance between the two and calmed herself down. "I'm Laika," she said after a brief moment of silence.