Alpine Lake Thinking too much
Eta
I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Read Only 
Exhausted, the pale she-wolf waded into the lake. Her pad were ripped and bleeding, unused to the harsh terrain of these mountains. She had encountered almost no prey for two days, and was starving. Lapping at the water halfheartedly, she noticed tiny movements under the waters surface. Fish, perhaps? She stopped and sat up, intrigued. Would they make a meal? She stood slowly, than stilled, tracking the tiny slivers with only her green eyes. 

She struck, biting at the water, but her teeth caught merely water. Growling in distaste, she shook her muzzle, turning her back on the lake. She was normally a good fisher, but starvation had dulled her reflexes and made her slow. Her pale eyes sought out the mountain ranges in the distance. Surely, there would be prey on the other side? There had to be. The locusts could not have breached the mountains, could they? The natural barrier would have protected the lands beyond.

And so, she set off toward the ranges in the distance. She was totally ignorant of the fact that a shadow figure from her past lived beyond the peaks, big sister turned assassin. She did not know of the pack lands she would encounter, nor that she would tresspass upon their lands and be made a slave. No, the she-wolf knew nothing of what was to occur or what could occur once she approached the heart of the Wilds. She simply searched for food.