Silvertip Mountain I can't remember your face
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Joining 
Not sure if I'm supposed to tag alpha's or not, but @Zaria, @Steady, @Mason :)

Ezekiel had met a female named Krypton earlier that week and she had told him about her pack. She had seemed pretty kind and Zeke had been debating going back for some time now. While he hated the idea of having alpha's again, he also hated starving. He had liked being a lone wolf, but with this famine it surely wasn't helping him survive. Part of him had been saying that he didn't deserve to have a pack, or a family ever again. But his will to live had buried that idea 6 feet under.

The stark grey male came to a stop when he smelled the scent of the pack. He was sure this was the one, it reminded him of the woman he'd met before. He howled out a summons to the alphas, hoping they wouldn't have him waiting to long. Just be polite, hopefully this will go well. He thought, taking a seat on a grassy patch and staring blankly at the mountain around him. He would wait, but impatiently. His stomach began to growl at him and no matter how hard he willed it to quiet, it continued to rumble like thunder. His lip quivered angrily, but he remainedm and collected. The leaders of this pack couldn't get here soon enough.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Posting from my phone, sorry for any mistakes I miss!

The dark Beta had been searching for signs of prey within the territory, but he came up empty. It was no surprise, but he was still disappointed.  He knew the wolves were getting desperate for food, and June's starvation to death only solidified that fact. Steady himself bore the signs of starvation, his ribs showing, his coat dull and coarse, his muscle mass clearly diminished. But, still, the food he did find went to the pups or his pack mates. 

The howl reached his ears and he paused, his head turning in the direction of the stranger. He wasn't far away and immediately began his trek to the borders, coming to a stop several yards in front of gray male. Steady's body language told of dominance and a higher-ranking position, but no aggression. How can I help you? he questioned. No point in beating around the bush.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Your fine! I'm always posting from phone, including this post, so I feel the struggle!

Ezekiel watched as a large black male came towards him, holding himself highly to prove his dominance. Zeke bowed himself down to the upper tail tucked slightly. The fact that he was bowing down to anyone hurt his pride, for he had told himself he would never submit to authority again. Oh well, he had to do this. He had to find a place to stay and this pack seemed good enough. I've come to join your pack. My name's Ezekiel. I met one of your pack's females, Krypton. He thought he sounded nice enough, hopefully this male would think so as well. He got up from his submissive position coming back to sit and stare at the beta wolf. He still showed signs of submission, for he in no way wanted to come off as rude.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady was pleased to see the other male show the proper submission, and reacted by softening his own. His tail was still high, but waved slightly and his body no longer stiff. The stranger introduced himself, saying he had met Krypton and wanted to join the pack. 

What can you offer us? he asked, interested. It was a standard question, asked to all strangers looking to join the pack. He had made a good impression so far, and now Steady was interested in what he could do long-term.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The beta male softened his dominant posture, which was a good sign for Zeke. That meant that he was pleased with Zeke so far! Zeke thought about the other's question for a moment. What could he do? He could fight, which always seemed like a god good asset for a pack. He could hunt well, he'd always been able to bring down pretty big game back home. With the help of the pack of course. The young shale colored male straightened his posture a little before speaking.I'm a great fighter, I would be more than happy to fight and protect your pack. I can hunt, and I take orders well. I would be loyal to you and your family alone.

That last bit would be true only when he began to trust them. But if he found that they were all that he hoped for, he would protect them till his last breath. Ezekiel was a very independent male, he followed his heart. And if his heart said that this was his new family, then so be it. He waited anxiously for the beta'a response, blue eyes scanning the spring dandelions that sprouted by an oak tree beside them.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The male seemed confident as he told Steady he could hunt, protect, and would be loyal to the pack. Steady nodded quickly, knowing they were standard questions to standard answers, but he fully expected the male to live up to his promises. We operate as a family, and treat each other as such. We have four pups who take priority. We all hunt for them first, and ourselves second, he instructed firmly. It was nonnegotiable. 

He paused before continuing. If you can agree to those terms, you are welcome into Silvertip Mountain. He would wait to make sure the male agreed. He needed it verbalized before he could trust him.

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The pups were priority, easy enough. Well with the famine, easy enough was a bit of a gamble, but Zeke knew that no matter how starved, he would always help the pups first. From the looks of it, they had a loving family, particularly parents, which was more than he had. The male had always had a big soft spot for pups, he never could decline the look in their eyes. As for the family part of this Silvertip Mountain pack, it would surely take him a while to warm up to them, but it could surely be done with a little coaxing and some time.

Ezekiel gave a firm nod, and looked up at the large beta. I can do that, I agree to your terms.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Welcome to Silvertip Mountain! 

The other male seemed to consider the conditions, then accepted them. Steady nodded, inwardly happy this meet and greet had gone so easily. Then welcome to your new home, he said, stepping aside to allow Ezekiel entry. 

You're welcome to explore for a while before beginning duties, just let one of us know if you need anything. I need to get back to patrols, he explained. If the new pack member had no other questions, Steady would do just that.

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Thanks! I'll archive this! If I can figure it out xD

Ezekiel smiled a little, he was actually a bit excited about this which was big because he wasn't often excited. Thank you. He added as the beta stepped aside to let him pass into his new territory. It looked like it could be quite beautiful, without all the dead trees and brown grass. But some things, such as the dandelions he'd see, still managed to flourish. Something about that made Zekie feel good.

Steady added that he needed to get back to patrols, and Zeke nodded, allowing Steady to go on his way before he too trotted towards the mountain to explore. He had lots to do, many to meet. He wondered who was parents to the pups? Was Steady the father? He would have to wait and see.