Sunbeam Lair Wandering Around this new home.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
All Welcome 
Avannon carried the fish in her jaws her mouth watering even though she didnt feel the draw of hunger yet. Her blue eyes searched the cavern as she slid down the slope from the roof rather ungracefully. When her paws finally met even ground she huffed a sigh of relief that she hadn't fallen on her face. The young female looked around uncertainty finally seeping into her gaze. i barely even know where to put the fish...is there a kill pile? she wondered letting the reality of this situation seep in. The territory had a lot of locusts, that was obvious on the way through. The land was barren as well, most of the prey had probably retreated somewhere with some greenery and some more water. She dropped the fish to the ground and let her mouth clear of the taste of fish for a moment before speaking "if anyone would like fish, i have caught a small one" she announced awkwardly. It was hardly a meal, but seeing as she was currently well fed, she could last a while without food. Her eyes took in her surroundings and she felt herself relax. This was her home, and no matter what hardships it was currently going through, she would stick with it, and provide as much help as possible.
Though she be but little, she is fierce.
44 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
After doing some much needed exploring, Qamar made her way down to the Lair, intending to get some sleep. Her paws were growing more and more nimble on the journey to Ryūjin's cavernous home, a sign she was finally settling into life here. Upon entering the Lair, she realized she was not alone, and her ears pricked with interest.

A white female, dead fish laying at her feet, stood several feet away, her light blue eyes cutting through the dim light. Qamar chuffed softly in greeting. "Hi," she said with a gentle smile. "I don't believe we've met before. You must be new here. My name is Qamar."

She nodded down at the young woman's kill. "Nice catch," she complimented, voice appreciative. "Ryūjin needs all the prey it can get in these trying times."

Qamar blinked sleepily, but fought to keep her eyelids open, if only to remain polite in her conversation with the newcomer. She stifled a yawn. A short nap sounded fantastic.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Avannon's gaze shot to the wolf of whom's voice had spoken quite suddenly. She smiled softly and dipped her head "hello Qamar, My name is Avannon. You..You can have the fish if you are hungry? it is always nice to sleep with food in your belly" she said nosing the fish in the other female's direction her blue gaze meeting Qamar's beautiful Emerald ones.

"who else, might i ask, is in Ryujin?" she questioned. "i have met Jolon, and our..alpha Asterr" she added. She wondered how many mouths there were to feed, and how many of them were young. She would put as much energy as possible into catching food. Her mind drifted to the stream, and how there was a dwindling amount of fish there. "is there..any forest or any greenery at all close to here than the land i came from?" she asked curiously.

She didnt really have a plan so much as an idea. If there was any amount of Forest that was open for hunting tat was at least relatively close, she wouldnt mind taking a day trip to catch some. It would be exhausting, but worth it in the long run. Her hopes rose for a moment, before she shook off the idea. The pack had surely already thought of that, so it must not be possible. She shrugged "just wondering" she said quietly.
44 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
"Avannon." She smiled in greeting. Pretty name. The white female offered her the fish. Tempting offer, but Qamar would pass. She had eaten earlier, and every wolf needed as much food as they could get. The fish was this wolf's catch, too. "Thank you for offering, but you should eat the fish. It will help keep your strength up," Qamar said.

Slowly, she padded over to sit closer to Avannon. The cool stone felt nice on her paws and haunches, heated as they were after running and exploring the land here. "Well," she began, in answer to her newfound friend's query, "there is Asterr and Jolon, yes, and also Noctura, Texiceia, and Leo."

Her eyes lifted skyward in thought. "Comparatively, our numbers are small. My old pack numbered over twenty at times," Qamar added, by way of explanation. She lowered her gaze to look at Avannon again. "But I believe despite our small size, we are strong. And there are no young mouths to feed, so that's a plus.

"As for the greenery, while certainly damaged by the locusts, there are many glades and groves around here. And the plants are beginning to return."
Her mouth broke in another smile, this smile one of invitation. "I can show you around, after I rest a bit, if you would like. I'm just starting to get to know the territory here, myself."
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Avannon smiled in return.. This female was easy to like, and she had made a good point about the fish. She bent her head to nibble on the fish the look in her eyes showing she was deep in thought. "if plants are beginning to gorw again, the prey should start returning soon yes?" she asked pondering whether or not she should take a trip to one of the groves to check out the amount of prey.

as she finished the fish, she gave a small sigh and turned to the female "would you like to attempt a hunt with me?" she asked and then remembered Qamar was tired "after you rest of course" she added with a soft smile.
44 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
"I'm always up for a hunt. I could do with something other than fish for a change." Qamar didn't much mind the taste of the water creatures, but she missed digging into warm, dry flesh. Perhaps they could stumble upon a rabbit or vole around here.

She walked over to a dip in the stone floor and curled up there, resting her nose and tail tip on her paws. "I'm going to get some shut-eye, if you don't mind," she said to Avannon, looking up at the she-wolf from where she was laying. "Then we can go when you're ready." It felt immensely good to close her eyes, and she began to relax into slumber; her body felt as if it were melting into the floor.

One more thing. Qamar opened her eyes with a final smile before she slept for real. "Welcome to Ryūjin," she told Avannon warmly.

Fading here. Feel free to post again and then we'll archive! :)