Blackfeather Woods Don't need permission
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Joining 
Like a wraith, the pale fae slipped between the bare trees. With a smooth lope she moved quickly and seemingly effortlessly through the forest of gnarled trees. Her silver orbs gleamed in the gathering darkness, and her presence startled a pair of ravens into flight. The pair flapped noisely into the high boughs of another oak, disappearing into the bloodless sky above. But the female did not stop to watch the path of the birds, but made her way closer and closer to the border she had scented a day ago. Something had drawn her here- perhaps it was the feeling of anger this territory seemed to ooze, the trees that seemed unearthly and secretive. Never before had she encounted a territory like this- and the female was seriously intruged. 

The woods she found herself in now seemed to whisper of madness and murder, spirits and magic. Aeronwyn had always been one for cold logic, and dismissed tales of gods and spirits as just that- tales to scare the weak, dim-witted and naive. But this forest radiated a ower ancient and cold, and she felt an all consuming need to tread lightly through the twisted forests, learn their secrets and their stories. The imanged the trees as they might be with their canopies still intact- dark, looming shadows would darken the land day and night, twisted plants and fungi would thrive in the darkness. These packlands were simple exhilarating.
Suddenly she halted, standing completely still. Her ears flicked forward, as her eyes scanned the tree-line. she thought she had sensed something amiss. Not one to ignore her instinct, she lifted her muzzle into the cool evening and let a howl trail from her muzzle and into the sky- a song of calling, of summoning. She dearly wanted to meet the creatures who called these twisted woods home.
@Burke and @Nemesis (?)
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Sorry! Real life business! :D

Burke snapped his head up when he heard a howl. It had been awhile when they had someone requesting to join their pack. He did a quick head count and realized they were almost full by now. The older male pushed himself to his feet and went to respond to the call. He did howl to @Nemesis because she was his Beta after all, and she might like to join this one too. Nemesis was always very good to see if those new wolves had what it takes to be a member of the dark brotherhood.

Burke traveled through the shadows, now it was only less effective as before seeing that the canopies were open and bushes were without leaves. The male lifted his muzzle and his docked tail as he approached the howler. It seemed to be a female. The tank of a grey male stepped before her, his pale gaze falling down in her eyes, usually that was the first test how they responded to his presence.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Her call did not remain unanswered long, and a brawny male made his hay toward her from the skeletal woods. She watched his approach, but he made no greeting. Instead, he merely let his gaze fall onto hers, a threat, it seemed. She almost bristled, then stopped. This male showed no other signs of aggrassion- how odd. A test of strengh, perhaps? She slipped her steely gaze into his, meeting his cool gaze head on with her own. Her pelt stayed flat, her tail low, her stance a mix between non-threatening, but standing firm, with a bit of submissiveness. Perhaps, just maybe, she had a little tiny problem with authority. She didn't see the purpose of submitting to someone if she knew nothing at all abour them.

She did not speak, letting this dominant male make the first move. Not wanting to seem impatient, she dipped her head a fraction in acknowledgment of his dominace and size, but not budging an inch otherwise.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis was already at the border when the call arised. It was curious, how their numbers seemed to increase and hardly waver while she assumed the crisis would have driven other's away. It had only been Potema that had strayed, but she had returned. And now, their ranks were almost full. This meant the next initates would have to be carefully chosen, and with a brutal hand. Her arrival reeked of power, already in an uptight mood and unwilling to take shit from anybody. 

"Do you not know how to submit properly?"

Her stoic yet cold voice broke the silence. But her inquiry was not for the benefit of Burke but her own. The truth was, she did not even know if refering to him as the Alpha was good enough anymore. An Alpha's priorty was the pack, but recent actions had showed otherwise. She did not spare him a glance, but nothing indicated she was upset, and if she was, she did very well supressing it. They did not need him catching on while the plan was only on the rise. Instead, she stared down the slender female, almost daring her to meet her eyes. To do so would be a sign of utmost disrespect, and that would not be permitted. They did not need another unorderly female in their ranks, especially one that would not pull her weight.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Sorry for skipping the posting order, but got the go-ahead from Allie so just gonna have a little blurb here if that is alright! 
Aeronwyn's gaze trevelled to the black wolfess, and a flicker of recognition passed over her eyes. The fae, from that night a few days ago. How delightful. She did not meet the gaze of this female, but instead spoke smoothly and quickly, addressing both as she settled down into what she dearly hoped was a more submissive stance. "I ask forgiveness for my ignorance, sir and ma'am. I have had few encounters with pack wolves in my time, and as such do not know how to address such encounters." She dipped her head in sincere apology, repecting the words of the black pelted warrior. Readying subtle social cues was not the silver wraiths specialty, but she gathered from the male's steady power that he was a higher ranking member, and the female too. 

She did not meet the eyes of the dark one, her challenging voice and gaze a clear sign. She wanted Aeronwyn to submit. The wraith felt a loathing because of this, but understood it was a pack wolf's duty to force rank on outsiders. Right now, she could not dare to offend. "My name is Aeronwyn, and I come searching for a pack. I offer my claws, and my fangs, my loyalty and any skills I may offer to thee." She bowed her head to the male and female pair, waiting for them to speak, to act.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke knew Nemesis would arrive soon. The male noticed some tension but he was pleased that she did not show it in front of the loner. The male lifted his head and agreed with Nemesis. The girl came with some pathetic excuse that she did not know how to behave around pack wolves. If she did not know how to address or know how to talk to superior wolves then Burke was pretty skeptical she was going to fit in well with this pack.

At least this one, and probably the first, offered loyalty to the brotherhood, something others often forgot. He lifted his muzzle not showing any sign of approval. His docked tail was still raised, and his body language powerful. "Why would you want to join this pack? What made you approach our borders?," he questioned, leaving the conversation open for Nemesis to ask some question if she had them.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
It was the same old, same old excuse she had heard a thousand times before. It would not do any longer. The Brotherhood had gotten tougher, and it demanded more adapatable and strong souls to reach its maximum potential. There was no space for moderacy, or empty promises. "We have one more spot availible. What makes you so great that we should waste our ranks on you, of all wolves?"

It was a standard question, but if the female could not give an original answer, she would be booted out of the territory for good. Toothe and claw was only appricated, but spirit was everything.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
The silver wraith listened closely as the wolves spoke. The older, grey male asked her what she saw in the pack, and why she had approached. In truth, she had simply felt drawn to the forest of darkness, the place that reeked of power. The blackness had seemed to becon her, and though she was not a spiritual or weak-willed wolf, she had felt inclined to follow. Then she had found herself here, adressing the rulers of this bleak land. The younger, jet black wolfess was quick to ask her own question; why, should we allow you to join? Aeronwyn had expected this somewhat, this place was not the kind to simply let in any strangers that happened to approach the borders and offer their loyalties. The fact that the pack was almost full would also make things difficult...

With a dip of her head, Aeronwyn begun to speak in a smooth voice. "The darkness of these lands intruiged me, and I felt compelled to explore them. It was then that I came across your pack's scent. I wanted to meet the wolves strong enough to live in these dark lands, and so I approached your borders. " Flattery was for those of weak mind, and these two obviously were not. She would have, if this had been a lesser pack, made to somehow flatter the pair, but such weak tricks would not bode well here, she guessed. She addressed the other woman next. She seemed strong willed, and so Aeronwyn spoke truthfully and sincerely to her. "I understand, ma'am, that you wish not to waste a place in your pack for those weak. But I assure you, I will not simply be a dead-weight.  I was schooled in the arts of espionage, war, and death. I have knowledge of poisons, the most efficient, or most painful way to kill, trickery and strategy. If you were to offer me a place in your ranks, ma'am, I will prove these things to you."

She ended her small speech, bowing her head to the dark girl before settling her gaze on the grey male as she waited for his verdict. Joining a pack such as this was her wish, and she would get another chance if she screwed this up, she felt. Perhaps she should have prepared better for this moment, seeing as she had come in here woefully unprepared and challenged the alpha in such a way. She only remained silent, watching both with gleaming eyes. She had presented them with her skillset, her talents, and she hoped that they deemed her worthy of a place of the dark woods.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
So so sorry!! I looked over this and then Real Life came and took all my time

The girl before then gave a intriguing answer though it seemed mostly flattering, yet as she continued Nemesis questions the girl made some valid points. Burke was open for her to try out for the brotherhood. He turned to Nemesis to see her reaction. "For me she can try at least for two weeks. We will see if she keeps up to what she just said," Burke spoke, though he let Nemesis say the final word. She was his beta after all and he felt like he could trust her more with these things.

The male knew that new members often talked big game but then they did not live up to what they said. It was always very annoying to have wolves like that, he hoped she wouldn't be like that. Hence why they had the trail period before they would become more deeply woven into their rituals.