Dawnlark Plains Textbook narcissism? Agreed.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Private 
@Aeronwyn - I do have to keep things somewhat vague waiting on some threads to finish up :)

Stark made his way from the Grotto, heading out alone. He had diverted off his chosen path to head out before he did something brash. It wouldn't serve his purpose well and his little mission would be forfeit if he acted out against the pompous old woman. While he wasn't the type to strictly adhere to rules - were he, he'd still be with his family - but he did believe in loyalty and respect. 

He was trekking through the lands, a movement up ahead catching his attention. The dark wolf crouched, even without the brush of tall grass against his fur to help to hide him it was a natural instinct. He didn't know what the small lifeform was but he was dedicated to the cause, hoping to snag a small meal to fuel himself on his journey back.
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
The slender wraith was feeling cooped up. So, naturally, she had decided to pick a direction and walk. Now she found herself perhaps a bit far to the north, her sudden wanderlust cured but now leagues from home. She might do well to bring something worthwhile back- what was the point if she returned empty handed?

She caught a glimpse of the dark male then, seeing him crouch and focus on something invisible to her. She approached, stopping a few meters away and silently watching the male. She had no idea if he saw her or not, but waited for what he planned to do instead of greeting him immediately.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
After leaving Nova Rose to get her own way back Stark was pleased for the tiny moment alone to lose himself in something so trivial as a hunt. Trivial without the threat of starving to death, of course. It was something small - some sort of bird. He wasn't the best at telling the types but he assumed a quail of some variety. Stark crept forward, careful not to kick any rocks or get any sort of roots caught beneath him. 

Another wolf approached. It threw him off and he rushed his approach, launching just a little after the quail had made its own move. He cursed beneath his breath, the actions in the Tangle leading him to move far too fast. He wasn't typically so easy spooked but the thoughts of the journey he'd made and how far he still had to go left him a little desperate for food. He shook his coat out, turning to face the stranger with his held still held high. No shame. 

"Hello." He said evenly enough.
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
He had missed his quarry, but simply turned and greeted her evenly, no obvious anger in his voice. "Interesting" she muttered to herself. She chuffed by way of greeting, approaching him smoothly. "My apolagies if I happened to interupt your hunt." she replied in the same even tone. She sat, steel eyes roaming over the dark pelted male. She admired the way he carried his head high. 

"Could you oblige me with your name, sir? Mine is Aeronwyn." She smiled. "It has been quite a while since I chanced upon the path of another- could you, perhaps, be persuaded to hunt with me? Two pairs of fangs often have better luck than one" She had not eaten for two days, and food was constantly on her mind. Perhaps this would be her lucky day, if the male agreed.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark gave a little shrug, humility in him for a rare moment. "It happens." He offered evenly. He didn't hold it against her, naturally, it just happened. He'd gotten spooked, remembering the utter clutserfuck of the Tangle. He'd tried to go too fast and he'd failed for the effort. "Stark," He said with a smile. He didn't mind sharing the details, maybe he'd get over the funk that Octavia's task had left him in and just be comfortable with focusing on something else for a bit. 

"Oh yeah? I was wandering for awhile. I've settled down, now, but it's not been so long I don't remember." He gave a little grin, nodding his head. "Sure. Gotta warn you, not much has been around since before I got here. We might be lucky to get some birds, though." He wasn't sure of what there might be lurking out there for them.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
AS the man, Stark, spoke, her eyes flickered to the barren trees. VVery little prey resided her, and though she had noticed tiny buds and shoots here and there, nothing big enough to warrent the return of large prey had yet occured. She had resigned herself to a time of near starvation, and her already lithe figure was thin and becoming thinner. "You are probably right, but we can still hope for a meal. Would you lead the way? You probably know this terrian better than I"
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
His bulk had thinned considerably, his coat thankfully hiding most of the loss of muscle. He didn't want to come across as weak by any stretch of the imagination. Stark crooked his head back towards the vast field, shoulder rolling in an elegant shrug. "It's been a mess, but, we can give it a try." He wanted to blow off some steam and maybe this would be the best way possible. 

He looked the female over again, blue eyes drifting across her form. "Have you settled yet, Aeronwyn?" He canted his head to the side, trying to catch any scents on the wind in the hopes of finding something that they could make a meal out of. 
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Aeronwyn fall into step with him, she to scanning the air. "I have, recently. I felt I needed to prove my worth, so I ventured this way." she said sincerely. The Dark Brotherhood was demanding, and she wanted to earn her trade as soon as possible. Then she could prove herself to them, and perhaps they would warm to her slightly. 

A blur of motion caught her eye, reflex kicked in and she leapt. Her form moved fluidly through the air, but her paws brought down on empty air. The form of a fox disappeared quickly into it's burrow, and Aeronwyn hissed at the bad luck. So close. She turned back to Stark in silence, not wanting to scare away any other potential prey.
facilis descensus averno
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
"I am returning on a scouting mission." He explained, though he did not give his Keep's location. He kept it close to his heart. "I was hoping to come home with more than just my pride." He explained with a roguish smile, the hint of his humor exposed. It was not so easy, after all, to keep the spirits up. He watched the female lunge without much hesitation, his eyes just barely spotting the fox as it dove into it's hollow. Tough break. That was two misses between them both.

"Want to try flushing him out, or look for something else?" He asked, blue eyes peering ahead to see if there was anything else lurking for them to consume. It was such slim pickings, it seemed near impossible to hope for anything for them to find. 
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Aeronwyn considered, glancing after the fox for a moment. It would b a good meal, but who long would they have to wait? Better to keep moving. The pale wraith motioned forward with her muzzle, turning her back on the fox. "Let's continue. Who knows how long we'll have to wait for it to come back? Beside, it might escape through a seperate entrance." 

She continued walking, ears and eyes peeled for any sign of potential prey. Her gait was smooth as she stalked through the barren lands with the grace of a feline. 
Sorry for the wait! Exams suck :(
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
No problem!

Stark nodded at the decision, settling easily with the choice. It made sense and didn't bother him in the slightest bit considering that things rarely played out so perfectly and if he was honest, Stark was eager to get back to his own pack. Spending a day with a stranger hunting was fine, of course, but if he could get home, get to Octavia and let her know what had happened, that was better. 

Stark swept his eyes along the ground, focusing on any small movements. Since there were two of them, he figured downing a bird or gopher might not be too bad, but he wanted something to help fuel him for the rest of his journey and to give the woman something sustaining. "Is your group nearby?" Stark asked curiously. He didn't know enough about the packs around the rearea and he would be the first to admit such a thing. 
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Her answer to his query was a simple "No" as she stopped and stilled her paws. Something had caught her eye, and as her audits roamed atop her skull, her steel eyes scanned the undergrowth in front of her. It was dead, barren, and little places to hide...but there. Her tail lashed as her gaze found it, a single creature with a pelt of rust. It was yet another fox, yet this one seemed to be a juvenile. Aeronwyn dropped into a crouch, edging around the creature. She did not know where it's burrow was, but if she could drive it towards the male he might be able to catch it. When she had rounded the cub, she sprang; the fox bolted straight at the dark furred male
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
She had keen eyes it seemed, fixated on the brush even as the earth offered nothing to them. Stark made a little sound when she dropped down, swallowing back the question that was going to come from his mouth in favor of the prospects of the kill. Thought usually he prefered to be keyed in on the plan it was easy enough to adapt. Seeing her lunge for the kit and the kit counter, Stark rolled his shoulders back and launched himself directly on the unsuspecting cub. There was a flash of teeth and he let out a hiss, the tiny teeth snapping and catching his muzzle. Stark drug the kit, massive paw pinning the smaller body down before he moved in. He landed his kill with minimal injuries to the carcass, making it easier to divvy up once the pair had the chance. He lifted the kit by it's neck, carrying it a few paces away to a small clearing in the grasses.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
He made the kill, picking up the kit and walking off with it. For a brief moment, Aeronwyn thought he was taking off with the prize; but no, for he wasn't running away. So she followed him, trotting to catch up, and walked near him, silver eyes glancing, on occasion, to the meal that hung from his maw. She stepped ahead and stopped once they reached the clearing, looking at him expectantly. She swore, if he somehow made off with their catch, she'd kill him.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
The woman was concerned over nothing, Stark wanted out of the brush and he wanted to make sure that the scratches on his muzzle weren't hit by any of the grasses. It would simply hurt more and at the moment Stark was far more interested in taking out his frustrations on the kill. With a few tugs he'd separated the kill out, tossing half of the kit to the white female. It barely took a few moments before he'd devoured most of his half, his stomach grateful for the fuel - for anything

Stark laid himself out like a Sphinx, remaindered of the kit between his front paws. He licked his lips, looking over at her. "It was a good strategy." He offered, pleased with the result of the venture. Maybe getting away from Nova Rose was all he needed. 
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Half a kit was tossed her way, she tore from it a few mouthfuls, silver eyes on the other. "That it was." she replied, not relaxing as he was, but standing in a rather wary manner. The famine had set her on edge, and she would not let lack of caution be the death of her. She tore with gusto into her half, and likewise, finished most of it quickly. She looked at the male, layed out on the ground, and nodded. "Farewell, Stark. Don't die; you seem to be one of your word and it would be a shame for you to become a meal for others." Touching. 

With that, she grasped the remainder of her kit in her jaws and left without another word, headed south, to her home. (At least for the time being)