Moonsong Glacier Frozen for a long time
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
@Johanplayer has gone inactive :( Anyone may join!

Ezekiel was taking a day out to enjoy on his own. The nearby glacier felt like a good spot to cool off and enjoy the day. He stood on an icy ledge staring coldly down at the decrepit landscape below him. Where had it all gone? The trees, the prey, the life. Surely Teekon wasn't always like this. This must've been his punishment for leaving. Maybe this was his mother's wrath telling him how he had betrayed his family. However following her orders was to betray himself and he wouldn't do that anymore. He could still hear his sister shouting at him as he left, urging him to come home. He missed Jojo, every moment of the day. She had always been his best, no only friend, and he had left her too. He imagined his brother's disapproving glance sketched into the horizon he saw before him. Was this what his dark family was leaving for him?

The dark soldier felt a brisk wind ruffle his downy fur, and he moved on from where he stood. He often stood and thought for a while, the strong silent type for sure. Today seemed as good as any day to squander away in his guilt and fears. Besides, who would find him up here?
79 Posts
Ooc —
The ice was beautiful.

Artemis was fascinated with it. It glistened and shone in the summer light, and she wondered how this chunk of ice could have survived so long into the summer. It was also huge, and she had never seen ice this high. So, naturally the coyote climbed it, her paws sometimes failing to gain purchase but climbing higher all the same. It was then that she found the grey wolf. She eyed him with aloofness, for he was rather handsome for a wolf, but still, a simple wolf. She sometimes felt sorry for the creatures. They were gifted with the in superior gift of brawn and size, while she and her brethren were gifted with great knowledge and intelligence. Coywolves, she admired.  They had both brawn and smarts, and should she sire pups one day, she wished them to be of this species. However, the day when she, Artemis, had pups…that would be a far, far time away.
She approached the male silently, stopping a few meters behind him. She made no attempt to greet such creatures, as they knew naught her mother tongue, at least most of the time. She would simply wait for him to notice her.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel caught on to the scent of the coyote quickly, and was surprised when she neared him so calmly. Did she have a death wish? Didn't she know that there was a famine and that food was scarce? Food is food. He thought, but then pushed it from his brain. Coyotes were too close to wolves, and he'd given up killing. Of course, if she did something to anger him he wouldn't give her a seconds breath. However if she wanted to live, she better state her intentions quickly and they better be good. Otherwise she'd be dinner.

The massive grey wolf's lip quivered in a snarl as he stood and turned. What do you want. He growled, his cold gaze rested blankly on where the little coyote waited in the bracken.
79 Posts
Ooc —
As time wore on, Artemis would eventually learn the tongue here. She understood his words well enough, but speaking was the problem. She with her accent mispronounced many of the words, and being a perfectionist, that simply wouldn't do. So she gave the wolf a cool look, though her stance was alert and ready to spring away should he lunge for her. He asked her her intentions, of so she roughly translated. It was a simple enough sentence. Well, she could always try. 

"Τίποτα. Απλά απολαμβάνοντας τη θέα."

She said smoothly, waiting to gauge his reaction. Though it probably would be bewilderment, of confusion, she had a tiny hope that this wolf might understand her.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Was she mocking him? No it was some other language. It sounded strange to the ear, but Ezekiel wasn't surprised. More of just frustrated. He thought about leaving, for the conversation would be quite one sided. But instead he grunted. If anyone was going to leave it would be her, he was here first. He turned his head to look back around at the glacier, he found it far more interesting than this little canine. Realizing she probably wouldn't just leave, he turned back to her with a sigh. There was no point in attacking her right now, for though he was hungry he wasn't that hungry.

I don't speak whatever that is. I can't help you. So unless you can do anything for me please leave me alone. The grumpy wolf snorted, not sure if she'd understand. He flicked his ear irritably remained in an unthreatening posture.
79 Posts
Ooc —
The grey wolf spoke too quickly for Artemis, and she only got the gist of what he was saying. He did not speak...he searched for help...he was going to leave? Artemis's brow rose in confusion. She was, most probably, understanding the unfortunte wolf's words incorrectly, but he seemed to want her help doing something. Grabbing at his words like they were something tangible, she repeated a few back to him, trying to form a sentence. "You want help leave? Where go?"
Perhaps this creature was stuck somehow. Typical. Wolves where always falling into unfortunate situations, the poor creatures. She gave a little sigh, looking down at the wolf with pity in her gaze. Poor, silly wolf.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Oh so she did speak English. This was confusing and frustrating. And what she'd said definitely didn't make sense. Where go? She asked, a look of pity in her eyes. Pity! If anyone should be pitied it should be her. It made him feel helpless, and he hated that feeling. He grunted angrily shifting away from the coyote to pout. After thinking for a moment he turned back to her to speak. No I'm staying. No need help. I'm fine. You leave? He slowed down his speech as if talking to a child. This was quite bothersome, but he didn't plan on going anywhere. He's simply have to deal with this coyote slowly.
79 Posts
Ooc —
Well, this wolf was certainly confusing. First, he had wanted to leave, and now he wanted to stay? Perhaps he was stuck, and embarressed of his predicament. Though she didn't see how that was possible. Now, he wanted her to leave, she understood. She arched her brow at him, like a school teacher to a child. She didn't like this wolf very much. he seemed a little slow. Then again, there were very, very few wolves she liked. Most were coywolves, anyway. She inspected her foreleg, finding a bramble on it and delicately pulling it off. "You sad? Angry?" she might as well entertain this wolf a little while longer, find out why he was up here all alone. If he became angry, she might as well just run for it- she would probably be faster than the bulky male anyways.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel watched as the girl nonchalantly pulled a burr from her brown pelt, speaking chopping as she did so. No, he was not sad, but angry? He was getting there. Ears flattened, he scowled at her, not threateningly, but with a look of pure annoyance of his face. No sad. Fine! Perfectly fine. Now beat it before I beat you. The last part trailed off into a grumbled as he crossed his legs and put his head on his paws. He would not be further bothered by this coyote, he would remain calm. Perhaps if he tried to be nice, she would get the message.

He didn't bother to raise his head from his paws to speak, so it came out rather muffled. Do you have a name?
79 Posts
Ooc —
Artemis was greatlt confused. Beat it? what did that even mean? She was so busy considering this odd statment that she tuned out the second half of the male's words completely. He seemed a little frustrated, perhaps since he was not using proper words. His head met his paws, and he rumbled something. Ears perked, Artemis just caught the sentence. "I do" she said in her rich accent, waiting a moment long to say simply "Artemis."
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The coyote seemed a bit confused, not that Zeke cared much. But at least she got his question. Artemis. Her name was Artemis, alright it was a start. He nodded to show that he understood. I'm Zeke. I don't like talking. He said slowly, hoping that she would understand. Sometimes Zeke found that being passive aggressive was better than being his normal snarling and such. It saved energy. Hopefully the coyote would get the message, otherwise he'd be fed up with her. Besides, she was beginning to look like food to him.

I'm so sorry Zeke is a jerk xD
79 Posts
Ooc —
Artemis gazed at him sadly. He couldn't use his words properly, he barely spoke, the poor wolf. He didn't like talking, he said, but Artemis had grasped something different. "Too hard?" she said sincerely, gazing at him with pity. Had she been able to speak the language of these lands, she would have offered to teach him, however she knew very little of the tongue here, hence her misunderstanding of his words. She felt sorry for the sad wolves, such a dull species. 
Don't worry about it! :D
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Last from me <3 Thanks so much for saving my thread!

Alright. That's if. This was way more trouble than it was worth. No glacier could ever be pretty enough to make this conversation worth it. With a low growl he quickly rose to his feet, looming over Artemis. I speak fine, you don't. Now I'm leaving, don't follow me, and actually, don't ever be near me again. So rude, but Zeke was just fed up. He would go back to Silvertip and have a genuine conversation. And the next time he met a coyote, he'd know to go ahead and leave then and there. Poor coyotes, silly breeds they were. He couldn't imagine not knowing how to speak. So with that he left, making his way back to his home.