Silvertip Mountain So hungry
Best thing you will ever see
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
All Welcome 
Zaria sat by her den, though she looked more like a skeleton with fur instead of an actual wolf. She had always been slender, but the famine had not helped with her figure. The girl had always been confident and very vain, but being a mother had changed that. She was very ambitious and hated to fail. After all, she was good in anything. But raising four young with barely any food around had put some things in perspective for the female. As much as she loved herself she could not bare the idea that she would fail in raising this litter. Fitz's litter.

Now she thought about it, her deceased mate was garbage for leaving her like this. Zaria felt even worse after the news reached her that June had died. The woman was at the end of her latin, but Zaria was not a quitter. The emaciated female made sure to drink a lot and not hate her young when she handed them another piece of meat, often scavenged. At least they could not be picky eaters. The alpha female sat down, feeling herself getting a bit dizzy as she sat due to the lack of food.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
I hope you don't mind, he's bringing her some rabbit, roll here!

Ezekiel had caught himself a nice plump rabbit. Finally something just for him, a delicious meal to fulfill his famished stomach growls. He was carrying it back to his den in the mountains when he noticed a very dizzy looking female sitting by her own den. He hadn't met her before, but she smelled of the pack so he was sure he was someone he could trust. He glanced down at the rabbit that hung in his jaws then back at the sleek brown woman. She looked so tired, so done. It didn't even cross his mind that he might be staring at his alpha. Ahh what the hell. We're all in this together and all that other bull shit.

He walked towards her, his once strong muscles had become weakened with hunger. He kept his distance so as not to intrude on her, then dipped his head respectfully. Not being much of a talker, Zeke dropped his rabbit and pushed it towards her with his nose, offering her a grim smile. As hungry as he was, up close he realized that she smelled of pups. She could be their mother. She definitely needed this more than he.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had been quietly observing Zaria, and noted her ever-slendering frame. While they were all losing weight due to a lack of prey and the pups coming first, Steady couldn't help but notice that Zaria didn't look to be feeding herself anything. He had tried to get her to eat, but throwing that meat at her head had been a bad idea, and he was lucky she hadn't eaten him for doing it. He would have, though. He would have let her eat him if it meant the survival of her, the pups, and the pack. But, if she refused to eat, what was he supposed to do?

He came upon the den, lowering his head and tail when he seen Zaria. Ezekiel was there, and Steady's ears flattened to his head, obviously displeased with the male. I told you not to come near the den until given permission, he said, his voice firm. Leave it and go, he added, speaking of the meat. Hopefully, Zaria would eat it.

Steady waited, fully expecting the male to listen to him. Normally, Steady would not have been so firm, but he needed to talk with Zaria. Besides, he had disobeyed a direct order, and Steady would have to talk to him about that later.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel was surprised when Steady arrived, seeming angry with him. This was the den. Oh shit. Zeke looked at Steady, feeling a mix of disappointment and anger towards himself. He shouldn't have been so careless, and now he'd gone and blown it. He nodded obediently towards his beta and gave a quick nod towards the female. He'd really screwed this one up. Also he'd lost his rabbit. I'm sorry sir, ma'am. I'll stay away. He stood for a moment, feeling like an idiot. Hopefully his superiors wouldn't be too cross with him, if only he'd kept going. He disappeared quickly into the bushes, not wanting to waste another shameful minute there.
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
@Ezekiel Remember that there is a posting order. I was suppose to go after Steady with Zaria but now you kind of skipped my turn! It is okay for now seeing that he left but do keep it in mind for next time! :)

Zaria instantly bared her teeth when a grey mass came closer. She did not know this male and Zaria knew that she was weakened. She could not fight to keep her position. If she wanted to keep her position then she would have to hope that her previous dominance and authority would stick with STM Members.

Though soon Steady came into the picture. For a moment she thought she heard Fitz, protecting her. The female slumped down as soon as the grey male left. She closed her green eyes, senses quite dulled that she did not notice the rabbit he left. She had been really stubborn lately, which had weakened herself. Normally she was not so selfless ever. But she did not want her young to die of malnutrition. She missed Fitz. She needed him, she didn't want to be alone. Maybe that was also why she couldn't eat, because the realization had hit her that Fitz had left her.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Smartly,  Ezekiel made a quick retreat, and Steady watched him go before walking to the rabbit and picking it up. Moving to Zaria, he set it next to her before taking a few steps back and sitting on his haunches. He regarded her quietly for a few moments before speaking up. You should eat if you're going to continue leading the pack and taking care of the pups. You're going to need your strength, he said boldly.

He had worried about her. Not so much her abilities, as he'd seen her in action and knew her more than capable. No, he worried more about her will to lead. We have three new members. Ezekiel, who just brought you food, Phocion, and Niita. Have you met any of them yet? He suspected not. Did she want to meet them at all?
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria kept her eyes closed as Steady talked. He was right in a way. She could not deny herself all the food. She opened her eyes and then started attacking the rabbit because she had been hungry for a long time. She longed to a big meal, a big catch where she could eat kilos of meat in one sitting.

So at least the male had managed to get her to eat some. She liked the power that came with being an Alpha but she was not really an alpha at all, which Steady pressed on a moment later. She had not met the new members yet, and one of them was this grey male that just left. "Yes, I just met Ezekiel," she commented, though she knew that it was not really enough. She was very closed off lately, rather being with her young.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He was glad to see her devour the meat, knowing she desperately needed it. She was never a large wolf to begin with, and her reserves had been little, even without the famine. Her body had shrunk from lack of food and nutrients, to the point Steady began to seriously worry about the Alpha. It was a wonder how she was even up and around. It was a testament to her strength, however, that she was. She had determination.

His features displayed his lack of belief to her words. That was not meeting him, he said. Sure, it was seeing him, but he doubted she had known his name before he voiced it. Steady took a deep breath, taking several moments before he spoke again. Zaria, you know I'm loyal to you, and this pack, he began, his voice betraying his attempt to act cool. I just wonder if you might need some time to recoup from this famine. It's hard to look after yourself when you have so many others to worry about. Steady didn't want to tell her to step down, but for some weeks now, he had been the one taking care of this pack and leading it. While he didn't believe that automatically meant he had a right to be Alpha, the fact that she seemed to be fading away meant that someone needed to step up. With the loss of June, he was reminded that the famine was taking a toll on them, and he wanted Zaria to focus on her health.

532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria shrugged off his first words. Steady's second words made her think a bit. Frankly she did not even care about the others in the pack. Was that a bad thing? It probably was. She looked at him with a squint of her eyes. "What are you saying?,' she huffed. Not liking where this was going. Or maybe she was liking this. Her vainness was conflicting with her lack or care for this pack ever since Fitz died.

She knew she could not fight Steady about this. She inhaled sharply. "You want me to step down...," she stated and then scowled. "I'm not going back in the pack ranks. I deserve more than that. Though... leading. Where has Mason been? He wanted to be alpha too or something like that?," she commented, only now realizing this.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He waited patiently while she seemed to consider his words, understanding dawning. He nodded to her revelation. He wasn't offended when she mentioned Mason being the next Alpha, knowing he was always supposed to be the one to step up after Fitz. I haven't seen him since June passed. His scent is faded in the territory, he replied solemnly. It appeared as though Mason could take no more and left, though it was hard for Steady to believe that.

I agree that you deserve a higher ranking than the rest. Would you consider being Beta? he asked, wondering if she would seriously consider even the one step down. He knew she was a prideful wolf, and he didn't think it would be easy for her to admit to herself she needed to relinquish the rank of Alpha.

532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria growled lightly when she heard that. "Mason left?," she stated with a growl and then shook her head. She knew it, she knew it from the start. That pup was nothing of a leader. Zaria's green eyes fell on Steady, which did not hide her distrain at all. The female bared her teeth a bit and shook her head. "I knew it," she spoke.

With June, Mason and Fitz gone there was only Steady left of their family. There were new members too, one she didn't even know. Zaria looked at Steady, he had done more leading that she had. "Fine. You be alpha then. It is not like I care about the other members." She had only cared for Fitz and currently her own young. "Well, and I guess you. You can have my respect," which was a lot coming from Zaria.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Zaria was clearly displeased with the news that Mason seemed to be gone. Steady had always seen the best in Mason, always believed he would live up to his full potential. But, the dark wolf didn't know what to think if Mason had really left the pack in such a time of need. They were all grieving over the losses of Fitz and June, but that didn't mean you abandoned the family still living. But, Steady would not be angry at Mason. 

His eyes widened when she admitted she didn't care about the other members. After all, they were all participating in feeding those pups before themselves. Even if Zaria was pissed at the world, how could she not care about the ones trying to keep her babies alive? Steady didn't voice a word of his thoughts, however, feeling it would not help the situation. Zaria was in a difficult time, and he didn't want to push her too far. His features softened when she blessed him with her respect. That means a lot to me, Zaria. Thank you, he responded, his voice soft. I hope I lead this pack half as well as you and Fitz did, he added, knowing he had big shoes to fill.

532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria nodded to Steady, though it looked strict and courtly. The young female was quite done with leading, frankly she had not lead the pack for awhile because she was too busy with her own young. As she stated before there was not much care for the others. Frankly leading took a lot of time, and she just liked the status. Hence why she liked being mated to Fitz.

If Steady wanted to lead so bad, while she still could keep her status, or at least some of it, she was not going to complain. The female had done what she needed to do. "Sure," she replied shortly. Zaria was never one for the compliments. With that said she gave a nod to steady and retreated to her den.

Feel free to archive after your post!
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Zaria was tight-lipped, and Steady didn't know what else to say. Part of him wanted to know what she really felt about this, but he knew she wasn't the kind to lay all her feelings out like that. So, he watched her go silently, deciding what was need to be said had already been spoken. 

Once her form was out of sight, he walked to the ridge he so often went to. It was almost a special spot for him, where he could overlook the territory. Standing at the edge, he lifted his muzzle to the sky and announced his new position as Alpha in the pack, his voice strong and unwavering.