Neverwinter Forest errant heat to the star
46 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Joining 
The strides of the bronze-cloaked figure had carried him a short distance in the expanse of their Great Bear Wilderness. He had not managed to explore nearly enough of it before the lack of prey in the area had caused him to grow weary and somewhat ragged. His mind kept attempting to grasp the idea of survival on his own, but having never placed himself in a solitary situation, Sawyer was coming to a quick end. The mess that had been left of the Teekon Wilds was astounding to him – having never experienced anything of the sort. His respect for the packs that called that area home had been greatly lifted in his time spent wandering there. Ever the optimist, the clement beast had come to the conclusion that he would greatly enjoy an attempt to start a life there.

While he had been referenced to the border of at least one pack – Moonspear – he had not been certain about attempting to build a home on a mountain. He’d never been one for precarious drops and sharp angles. Instead, his eyes had sought the stretching trunks and ragged limbs of the evergreens that made home to a large forest. It whispered remnants of his previous home and Sawyer was confident that he would be capable of finding a sense of calm underneath the stretch of pines once again. Once the green returned, it would prove secluded and alluring.

His pale limbs moved slowly as he traced the outsides of the forest borders; it had been claimed by a pack, he could ascertain from his prodding and sniffing. After a moment of pause, the golden creature lifted his skull upwards and called to the nearest pack member in hopes that they would be able to make time for him on their borders.
Faoi bhun mo chiche beats croi de laochra fior
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It was with a small amount of agitation that Kieran moved about the borders of his home. The packs current state was concerning to him and he couldn't help but feel the fear deep in his gullet. He had a wife and babies to care for, and another pregnant female to help provide for if he could. Because no pregnant female should go without food, especially when the brood she carried were the future of the pack.

Kieran stopped to increase the scents along the border and he was surprised from his worrying thoughts by a small howl at the borders. Following it at a brisk trot he came to stand in front of a younger male. He studied him, taking in what the boy looked like. He was strong of limb, he could possibly help provide more food than they could, one extra body was more food, but it was also less food too. They couldn't ask the youth to join and not warn him of the crisis they were in.

Kieran spoke softly, trying to be as short and precise as possible, he didn't want to butcher the language so much the youth didn't know what he said. Howaya. Waaat brings yer 'ere.
46 Posts
Ooc — Mary
It wasn't long before an unfamiliar scent began to grow. The gold-cloaked figure remained patient until his pale yellow gaze noted the dark figure of another. It did not take long for the distance to be closed. Sawyer followed the steady and confident movements of the stranger with a short smile. The physical features of this border wolf seemed to stir questions in the southern boy's mind, but he held his tongue for a moment to allow his lengthy ears to catch the words that were presented to him. For a moment, he wondered if the other man was speaking in tongues. Shaking his head so that his fur was ruffled atop his skull, he offered his respect to the pack wolf. 

"Afternoon, fella... I'm new to these parts but I'm awful keen to get myself into a pack and the woods here have caught my eye," the bronze and ivory beast remarked with a polite smile and a darting of his gaze in another direction. Sawyer's pale limbs were locked in place as he waited for the other to speak again. If only to hear the peculiar and foreign sound of the man's words. 
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The call from the borders stirred the large wolf forward – his own form gaunt with the starvation the Wilds now endured. Foliage was beginning to spark life to the land once more – the forest only hinting now at its former beauty, but it did not encourage the dark agouti Frostfur. He could not be so hopeful yet.

Kieran had come upon the wolf first – a male spun of gold and ivory. The Alpha caught the end of the male’s sentence, and lifting himself to heights of what his rank entailed, despite the fatigue that pulled at his very muscles, the stoical wolf cast a curious gaze to the more youthful stranger. “And why would a lone wolf wish to stay in a land ravaged by famine?”
a crime so old as the sky and bone
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran didn't say anything at first, he merely thought of what to say. The youth's words caught him off guard and he looked around. It had been beautiful once, now though famine had ravaged the area, and much of what had been beautiful was lost. He did nod his head though and spoke softly. 'tis bonny, though not as bonny as it wus, but it 'ill git dare.

He was about to ask the younger male himself why he would want to stay here, but the stirring of the air and his own brother in law's voice stayed his tongue. Instead he looked to Scimitar and then the youth and he waited. Allowing his body to ease, and the dominant position he had formed, lower in the rank of his leader and friend.
46 Posts
Ooc — Mary
It wasn’t long before the chocolate-hued wolf was not the only one to have found Sawyer on the edge of the wood. His eyes faded from their position on Kieran and traveled to the form of Scimitar. It was evident by posture alone that this wolf was their Alpha. The Crowfeather bowed his head respectfully and turned his ears so that they did not sit erect. He maintained his polite posture and listened to the inquiry that had fallen from the new wolf’s lips. It was a logical question. If one were to look around at the destruction that had been caused by the locusts, it did not seem altogether intelligent to seek a home there. However, Sawyer was crafted with rose-tinted googles on his face.

A small breath fell from his mouth before he began to speak. “Ah… you’ve done yourself well in what’s happened,” he drawled and gestured with his muzzle to the lack of greenery. “That alone says you’ve got a good head on your shoulders. If you’re lookin’ for the honest truth, Hoss, I’ve got a soft heart for the woods and I like the potential in what I see. I’m sure you’re used to tough times, but that green’s gon’ be comin’ back real soon.” His tone was dry, almost caustic in nature, but the golden-cloaked wolf was as genuine as they came. His champagne gaze trailed back and forth between the two men sparked with curiosity.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Scimitar cast a quick glance to his brother, Kieran – curious to the man’s thoughts on a rogue at their borders during such trialing times. It meant more mouths to feed – but it also meant the potential of having one more member work to feed the mouths of the puppies.

Scimitar trusted only those who had managed to become close to him – he was a wolf who had witnessed more chaos and battle in his life than he had ever desired to. But if the other was here upon merit of wishful theft or deception.. there was little he could do. The caches were empty. The forest was barren.. and the pups of the pack were well guarded.

His gaze drifted back to the wolf, considering his words. It must have been nice, to feel such hope about the return of the foliage – and yet the words could very well ring true. Vegetation was indeed beginning to flourish once more.. but would it be enough to bring the herds back? “What’s your name?” It was possible the large wolf had missed the introductions – and with a tip of his muzzle as he considered the wolf before him, he refrained from the usual humdrum of insisting the stranger announce his skills. “It’s expected of the wolves here in Neverwinter Forest that the puppies and mothers be fed first – including my pregnant mate. We have four puppies and more on the way – times are desperate. I will not turn away extra help if you can prove to be of worth.” He paused then, waiting for the man’s final confirmation. “I’m Scimitar.”
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran didn't say anything at first, but he agreed with his brother in law. The woman and the pups first, everyone else second. Kieran didn't mind so much, but he knew as a lone wolf, it could be hard to make that adjustment, especially if one had been use dto eating all they caught on they're own.

He tilted his head. [b]Can yer chucker dohs things? make sure de others are taken care av before yerself? an' 'oy long 'av yer been a loner?[/b]
46 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The man in charge was a stern looking figure, and so Sawyer made it his goal to appear as submissive as he possibly could. He had known the ways of the pack from his home, and he wasn’t about to botch the only attempt he had at getting into the stretch of forest. When the boss inquired his name, the golden lad looked up obediently and nodded his head. “I’m Sawyer,” he introduced while flattening his ears to his skull.

The man then went on to explain some of the rules that were to be established before being allowed into their ranks. Sawyer listened with a sharp ear and he held the words carefully, making sure he understood them well enough to recite them. Mothers and young were incredibly important, but he was a family man and so this would not be tasking at all for the gold-cloaked beast. The brute with the thick accent seemed to reiterate the comment on tending to others in the pack. Sawyer nodded his head to the both of them. “I’m not a selfish man, sir. I’ll be sure to tend to the others before m’self,” he confirmed verbally and with a soft smile. “I’m mighty good with the lil ones, if I do say so m’self,” the boy added.  
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran thought about turning back the way he had come, but he couldn't leave Scimitar. Even though the other male clearly had everything under control. He listened with a curious gaze to the young man before him.

He wasn't certain he woudl let the lad about his pups, but perhaps in time if the boy made him trust him. For now though Kieran was perfectly fine with tending to his babies and his wife on his own, with a little bit of help from those he trusted the most. He did feel he needed to speak though so he said simply one thing. We'll clap in time.

Sorry guys i'm in the middle of moving so packing and unpacking and such. Which is why i a mso sporadic, but ihaven't forgotten about ya'll
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Scimitar had no idea what Kieran meant by clapping at the boy – yet he pretended to not be confused by the words, and instead gave a nod to the boy, coming to a conclusion. “We’ll see,” he determined then, completely unaware that this was exactly what Kieran had meant.

With a nod, Scimitar moved forward, his shoulder brushing gently upon the golden wolf’s own, allowing his scent to rub off upon the younger wolf. “I’m sure you’ll prove your worth,” he offered then, quiet than before. It was no good to read each newcomer with such unease, and with a nod to both, Scimitar began to pull away from the group. “Make yourself at home – keep to your word.” With that, the large male left the other two, wondering how he would ensure one more mouth was fed.