Silvertip Mountain To learn yourself
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
Set after this thread

Steady returned to the mountain, his mood grim. He had left Niita and Phocion by the shore with no parting words. Now that his anger had subsided, he knew that was rude. But, he wasn't going to go back. He made his way up the mountain, deciding to head up a steep rock face. It had narrow ledges, enough for Steady to walk on, but it wasn't without danger. As he leapt from one ledge to another, the edge gave way, and his back end slipped off the edge. He caught himself, pulling himself back up and looked down as the falling rock hit the bottom. The ledge was wide enough here that he laid down, his paws hanging over the edge. He was about thirty feet above the ground. 

He sighed, not really understanding what had got into him when it came to Niita. He had courted a female before, but had never been jealous over her. So, why was he now? He liked Phocion well enough, but apparently so did Niita. She must have gotten over her initial reaction of him. Did she like him staring at her now?

Steady laid his head down on his paws, looking down at the ground beneath him, lost in his thoughts as the sun began its decent from the sky.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
couldn't resist

Niita was very confused. Both her friends seemed mad at her these days, everyone seemed mad at her for some reason or another. She couldn't quite understand what was going on between Phocion and Steady but Niita didn't want to be caught in the middle. After dropping off her gull, Niita wandered aimlessly, consumed in her thoughts. 

So lost in her stressful ponderings that she nearly didn't notice the falling rock as it thumped against the ground about fifty feet away. Turning her head curiously, Niita found that it had fallen from above and on the rock above was Steady. With a sigh, Niita decided she needed some answers.

The pale waif made her way over, not caring if he saw her or not, and clambered up the mountain side to join him on the ledge. She stopped next to him but not close enough to intrude upon his personal space.

"I don't know what kind of weird testosterone thing you've got going on with Phocion but I don't want to be in it." Her voice was soft as she spoke up. "You're both my friends and I don't know why I keep screwing everything up but can you forgive me?" 
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It wasn't long before a familiar pale-furred female came into view. While his eyes followed her, he did not move. It wasn't until she began the ascent the cliff that he raised his head to watch her, worried she might fall. She stopped a little ways away from him, and he listened as she spoke. He was foolish, and he felt ashamed by his actions. What was more, is that he made her feel like it was her fault.

At first, he was a little put off by her words, a frown displaying on his features. What did she mean she didn't want to be apart of it? Was she saying she wanted to leave Silvertip? Had he messed up that badly in such little time?

She went on to ask for forgiveness, and he shook his head. I am the one who should be asking your forgiveness, Niita. I've behaved horribly, and I'm sorry for that. You've done nothing wrong, he assured her, his voice soft. You know, I actually really like Phocion... That is, until you are standing between us. I don't know why I'm so jealous. I've never acted this way before, I swear. I think the famine is just really getting to me. He knew that was partly true, but he also knew the majority of the blame was not to be put on anything other than himself. I promise you, Niita, I'll do better at controlling my emotions. Steady was a wolf of his words, and he had never gone back on a promise. He certainly wouldn't start now. Will you forgive mehe asked her.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita stared at him, baffled. "What do I have to do with it? I'm just me." Niita shook her head, wondering if they just didn't like her being friends with the both of them. The situation was giving her a head ache from stress. 

"Yeah, Steady. Of course." Niita moved closer, albeit hesitantly as she finally seemed to have gotten one of her friends back. Her body wasn't near as large as his so that when she stretched out her paws didn't dangle. Now that She had cleared the air so to speak, Niita hoped things could go back to the way they were.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She wanted to know what she had to do with it all. I like you, he admitted. I don't like Phocion liking you the way I do, he added honestly, his voice soft, hoping to not anger her with that admission of jealousy. 

His tail thumped the ground as she moved closer and got comfortable on the ledge. In a rare show of absolute trust, Steady turned onto his back, his front legs flailing at her in play. Probably not the best spot to do this- thirty feet up a cliff- but he was careful not to turn his body towards the edge.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita cocked her head at him. "As a friend?" Why would Steady be jealous of Phocion liking her as a friend? If that's what he meant, if he meant romantically things were about to get disturbing for Niita. Why would Phocion and Steady like her as more than a friend? Wasn't that against the rules or something? 

Niita was hesitant to play so high up, scooting forward a bit slowly. The pale waif grabbed his foreleg gently in her mouth with a playful growl, her tail thumping loudly against the rock.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He studied her as she cocked her head and asked just in what way he liked her. He paused, unsure of the answer she wanted, and what answer would make her happy. Knowing that would at least give him an idea of how to tell the truth without it upsetting her. Well, a chance, anyways. I would like you as a friend no matter what, he said honestly. No matter if she didn't like him romantically, if she decided to go with Phocion, or whatever. 

She grabbed his leg in her mouth, growling at him. He returned it, his own tail thumping the flat rock he laid on. Knowing that playing on a ledge was dangerous, Steady slowly righted himself, ending the quick play session. His gaze searched hers a moment before he picked up from his previous comment. However, he added. I would like to get to know you as more than a friend, he said cautiously, choosing his words slowly, watching her reaction.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita smiled, happy to know he would always be her friend. Even back at Asmundr she had been the odd one out, everyone else was mated. They had all stared at Niita like some ticking time bomb, as if she might one day snap and try to take the leadership for herself. After being lonely for so long, the pale girl was overjoyed to have a friend. Especially one she valued as much as Steady.

He returned her growl but made no further attempts at play, which was good since Niita was nervous about one of them falling and becoming injured. The waif surrendered for once, surprisingly enough, and settled down by his side. 

Her ears pricked upwards almost cautiously at his words and her heart seemed to soar. "Y-You like me as more than a friend?" If wolves could blush she would be, her tail thumped a faster rythm and a smile crawled across her features.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She needed confirmation, and he was more than happy to give it to her, especially after seeing her smile. He had been worried his confession might upset her, seeing as how he didn't behave very maturely with Phocion. He nodded, a smile forming on his maw. I do like you as more than a friend, he said softly.

But, I want you to know that if you don't like me that way, it's okay. I understand when feelings aren't reciprocated, he added, wanting to know she was under no obligation or coercion to return his feelings.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"I like you too. As more than a friend." Feeling uncharacteristically shy, she shuffled a paw in the loose dirt. Her words were quiet, glacial eyes glancing at him bashfully. So, it wasn't bad that I kissed him. 

Reaching out, Niita rested her head alongside his shoulder and snuggled against his side. It bared the backside of her neck to him, a show of trust from the waif. Niita could no longer watch him, but she didn't need to. Steady wouldn't hurt her.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His smile could not have been brighter than when she confessed she liked him as more than a friend, too. He was tempted to make it a little more official, and ask if he could court her, but he didn't want to push the good luck he was having. He wanted her to feel comfortable, not rushed. 

He shifted his body slightly to get more comfortable as she snuggled up to him, exposing the delicate part of the back of her neck. It was a silent act of trust, one that Steady would not take for granted. He lowered his head to the back of her neck, resting it lightly there. If she would trust him, he would protect her.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita might have been afraid and/or had a flashback of Maekir grabbing her but it was Steady. He was becoming her best friend and as said, she had feelings for the midnight furred brute. 

Steady lay his head over her neck, right over the bite mark shaped scar, making her feel safe and protected. With a content sigh, Niita closed her eyes and relaxed into him and the warmth he provided. 

I ship it way more than I should XD
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Had Steady known of Niita's past and what she had endured, he might have acted differently, treated her a little more delicately, made sure not to do anything to make her feel afraid that things would be repeated. However, the silver lining to his ignorance was that he could be free to show his feelings as he normally would, and maybe that would show her that his touches were never meant to be feared.

Steady's eyes gradually closed as he felt Niita's body relax. Soon, he was in a light sleep. Finally, it was peaceful, and nothing haunted him.
Not too much at all! Last from me, possibly? We can fade here, or with your next one, if you like.