Moonspear What a tangled web we weave
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
@Althaia Being vague on where she's located since that hasn't been determined in our other thread yet.

Dash's mind was still tormented on whether or not he agreed with taking the female as a slave for the rest of her life. On one hand, she had trespassed, on the other, that deserved punishment. But, why not for a determined amount of time instead of forever? And he would not call her filth, of that he was certain. Dash had never been one to degrade others and he wasn't going to start now. 

Knowing she needed water, and it was readily available, he went to the stream. It had taken him a while to find something to transport it, but eventually he found the skull of what appeared to be a bear. Holding it upside down in his jaws, he dipped it in the water. Turning, he headed to where she was. The water sloshed a little, but Dash took his time and was able to get most of it to her. He sat it down in front of her, then retreated a few steps and sat back on his haunches, watching her quietly.
Eta
I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Althaia lay crumpled, gently nursing her leg. He had cleaned off most of the blood, and to her relief it had stopped bleeding(well, mostly). A jagged laceration encircled her thin ankle, and it was swollen and blue under her fur. Something was broken, though she did not know how and lacked the knowledge on how to heal such an ailment. She shifted her weight slightly, and rested her head on her paws. Her body was aching and bruised following her tumble to the ground, but nothing beside her leg was too badly hurt. 

Approaching paw steps made the wolfess look up in fear, she saw not the alpha she had been expecting to speak to her, but instead the dark wolf that had first attacked her, carrying in his jaws what seemed to be a skull. Althaia shrank back, but when he placed down the skull and stepped away for a moment, she relaxed a fraction and glanced at the contents of the skull. Water. She stretched her head forward and drank greedily, the water easing her burning throat. She glanced up at the other, who simply sat and watched her, but continued to drink until the whole skull was dry.
looking for caregiver threads! PM me if interested ^-^
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her reaction to him didn't surprise him. After all, he was the one who had attacked her and broken her leg. But, he hadn't been the one to enslave her. He silently wondered which was worse. He supposed the broken leg. He assumed any type of movement to the leg cause horrible pain. She wouldn't be able to hunt or care for herself for some time.

Do you need more? he asked once she had finished the water, his voice quiet. He didn't quite know how to react or act towards her. It wasn't like she was a welcomed pack member, but if she was going to live out her days here, however long that might be, he wondered if he should get to know her. Would the Alphas be cross at that? Did they expect she stay friendless and have no engagement for the rest of her life, save for what they asked of her? Dash had no clue. He wondered if he should go speak with Charon. At least then he would know exactly what was to be expected.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
His words broke the silence. She looked up at him with haunted eyes. "Yes" she said softly. She did not take her eyes off him this time, merely watched him with an odd expresion. Beside, what was the worst he could do to her now? She was an injured slave. She nudged the skull toward him, extending her neck. "Please"

She sighed, looking back up at the male. "Who are you?" Was he the beta, a healer, or simply a subordinate sent here with the unfortunate duty of guarding her? If the latter was true, she would be stuck with him for quite a while, and she geussed that she ought to know him a little better. She had felt a deep loathing for him initially, but that had subsided quickly as she realized he was merely guarding his territory. That utter loathing had settled to a deep dislike of him at the moment. However, being civil toward him was in her best intrestsin the moment, so she did not voice her feelings.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
His own expression was nearly blank since he was mostly lost in his thoughts. She confessed she wanted more, requesting politely, and he could feel her gaze on him. His features softened ever so slightly, his good nature automatically taking over for a moment. He grabbed the skull, and headed back to the river to refill it, being careful once more not to slosh too much water out of it. He placed it before her, and sat back on his haunches again. 

His gaze met hers when she asked who he was. I'm Dash, Delta here at Moonspear, he replied easily. He hadn't realized she might want more information than that. What's your name? he asked, his voice low, as if he thought someone might overhear him. He refused to call her by the name Charon gave her- it was his one and only act of defiance.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW. 
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
He was Dash, Delta. Huh. She had thought him to be a higher ranking wolf, perhaps Gamma. But, Delta was still significantly higher than Omega. He asked her her name. Was this a test? Probably, to see if she would respect the rules set by the alpha. She paniced, and blurted quickly "Filth. I am simply Filth, sir."
However much she detested the name chosen for her by the pale alpha, she did not speak out. To do so would be suicide. She drank greedily from the water once more, though slowed once she had drunk half of it and looked back at Dash.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
His ears flicked back at her response, clearly not pleased with it, his expression scrunching in distaste for the name given to her. You are not, he responded firmly, his voice still low. He didn't really want to voice his opinion on the name, in case someone was listening. Then again, maybe she was smart to respond that way. His expression smoothed once more. He knew, and she should, too, that any act of defiance on her part could mean death. Any on his part would result in a punishment far less worse than hers. 

He sighed. Where are you from? he asked then. Charon had only given her a name, not a new background. Would she answer straight up, or skirt around the question? He would not push her to answer, however, knowing from experience how much anxiety that could cause a wolf who didn't want to divulge information.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
His expression morphed into one of distaste, and he expressed his opinion on the name. She blinked in surprise, she had not expected him to say that, of all things. His voice was low, and in a moment his face smoothed over again. Was he not happy with the current situation? Was he hiding something? Althaia did not know his motives, and that worried her. Perhaps, he was on her side! Unlikely.
"I came from the north. By the sea"
Her eyes misted over for a moment, greet regret for the sea she would probably never see again clouded her features. The waves against the sand, the screech of gulls, the tang of salt. All memories from her childhood, her adoptive mother and the small pack by the sea. A twinge of pain brought her back to reality, and she lapped once more at the water, eyes on the dark male.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He let the subject of her real name drop, thinking it was best, especially since she seemed uncomfortable divulging it. She did admit, though, she was from the north, by the coast. Getting a little confidence from her answer, he prodded more. Do you have family nearby? he asked. Was anyone searching for her? Was she from a pack? When he attacked her, he hadn't been thinking of gathering her scent, so he couldn't remember if she smelled like pack or not. 

If there was someone who might miss her, they could come looking for her. It was a dangerous game to play, especially not knowing how her family might react. Moonspear could have an entire war on their hands and not know it yet.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She could say yes. She could tell them she had a huge family, and she was the alphas daughter, and they would come looking for her and slaughter all the Moonspear wolves. But that might make them kill her, just to get rid of her once and for all. Her true family, the ones who deemed her unworthy, may have done so had she showed 'promise'. But her adoptive pack, no, they were long gone. She fixed him with a look. "They're all dead" she said quietly, emotionlessly. It had happened long ago, and she no longer lost sleep over the fact. Things died. It was a fact of life.

Moonspear had nothing to fear, in reality. She had made enemies of the creek wolves, made no lasting friends in the time she had been here, and had no ties left.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He should be relieved at her answer; glad that no one would come looking for her and pleased that Moonspear would not have any negative affects from taking her as their slave. But, he wasn't. Her voice had held no emotion with her words, but surely she was not void of them when it came to her deceased family? Did she not miss them? 

I'm sorry, he said finally. Feeling somewhat at ease with her, he went down to his belly, his front legs stretched out in front of him. He wished there was something more he could do to make her comfortable, but he was no caregiver, and he knew nothing of how to heal a wolf. Not knowing what else to say, he went quiet.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
To her shock, Dash apologized. Should he not be cruel and taunting to her, ordering her about and all? She was new to the experience of being a slave, but to her knowledge slaves were not to be treated kindly. Perhaps she would ask him of this. After a moment of silence, in which he settled down opposite her, she begun falteringly. "Dash...why are you kind to me?" 

She hoped that he would not deny it, or change tact and be cruel. She regreted the question almost as soon as she saided it, and bowed her head, averting eye contact.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He knew his actions and demeanor were most likely mystifying. Any other wolf would hate her for first trespassing, and then getting herself enslaved, and taking the time and energy of the pack to feed and care for her since she wasn't able to do so herself. But, Dash felt he held more responsibility than that. It wasn't all black and white for him.

So, when her question came, it wasn't surprising. I'm not generally a mean wolf, he confessed. I do protect my pack, who I consider family, to the best of my ability, he said, no regret in voice on that part. But, I don't know yet if I... understand why the leaders chose to enslave you. He chose his words wisely. You made a bad decision, yes, and you are being punished for it. All that was obvious. But, I don't think enslavement automatically means I should have to be mean to you. Maybe Charon would think differently, but Dash just didn't have it in him to be mean to her. He was upholding her punishment by not allowing her to leave. Would that be enough for his leaders?
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Althaia listened attentively as he spoke. She felt like she had an ally in this wolf, even though it was not, as he had thought to himself, simply black and white. There were thousands of shades of grey in between the two. She considered his words for a moment, then lowered her head down. In a slightly more confident voice, but still soft, she said simply "Thank you"

She was grateful for the generousity of this wolf, and the kindness he offered her in this world of grey. She hoped to continue their little talks, for she felt that they would be a small respite in the place she found herself now. She had made a horrible mistake, and paid dearly.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
At her response, he gave her a genuine smile. You're welcome, he responded softly. He wanted to stay and visit with her longer, but he feared his budding friendship with her would be noticed by others, and not well received. He would speak with Charon soon regarding her, but, for now, it would remain his secret. 

Do you need anything else before I go? he asked. Feeding her was going to be difficult, and he needed to spend as much time as he could hunting for the both of them. Dash had a feeling the rest of the pack might not expend much energy on her, except maybe Harley, so it was up to him.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Althaia felt lighter when he smiled. She didn't smile back, it was to early for that, but she did give him a grateful look. At his next words, she shook her head, she was hungry but could tough it out a little while longer. She did not need to ruin his kindness by imiediately asking for food. No, she would survive.
"No, thank you." she murmered.

She settled into a comfortable position, exhausted, and curled up and searched for sleep. It came quickly, and a few moments later she was dozing. 
Thanks for the thread! Feel free to archive :D