Larksong Grotto wicked beasts and idle bellies
☀️
160 Posts
Ooc — Java
Fast travelling back to LSG, haha. Open to anyone but tagging @Reek just in case you want a 1-on-1! Also being vague because her thread for Aaron in Rosings is.. kinda dead lol? Also short because loool im struggling so hard with writing right now.... sorry.

having eaten enough to sustain her travels, hosannah made way to the north once more. she stopped briefly in the night hours, nesting in among the brambles of a forest, then among the marshwater and the murk; gradually hosannah made her way back. as she traipsed her way along the border of her so-called home once more, she breathed in the scent of summer dust, felt the humidity in the air, and made her way towards the grotto.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
On Reek's morning patrol around the territory, he found himself stopped square in his tracks as a familiar scent graced his nostrils. It was faint, but familiar -- the undeniable scent of the Seer had been carried by the wind to the grotto's alpha male. She had returned. As soon as this realization struck, Reek pulled himself from the border to welcome Kesheph back to her flock.

He need not walk far. Soon, he was upon her withered and willowy form. Upon cursory glanses, she appeared hungry -- moreso than most of the grotto's wolves. Surely, the road must have not been kind, but Raas had provided her the necessities and had guided her home, which was enough for Reek. He greeted her with a welcoming chuff.
☀️
160 Posts
Ooc — Java
she was stopped by the sound of another, and in her tired state she nearly didn't see him, didn't recognize the dark shape of reek as he approached. but as her short fur began to prickle, as she turned to regard him, she saw him and understood. this was no time to be defensive, this was her ally.

reek, she mumbled, hardly the self-posessed creature he had initially discovered among the maple trees. i did not mean to be away for so long, but He called, and i was taken far from you. her voice crackled, perhaps with uncertaintly, perhaps because she had not spoken to anyone in her journey from the blackwoods to this stone palace.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
He stepped forward, allowing his tail to wave contentedly behind him as the Seer explained her absence. His mood had elevated significantly following his tryst with Vuk, the effects of which were visable. Raas had taken him, the loneliest and most broken of wolves and had built him up once again. The Daystar had forgiven his sins and had presented him a second chance at life. Reek was forever thankful and indebted to both Raas and the Seer.

"Kesheph, do not apologize," spoke Reek, a smile playing upon his homely features. "When the Daystar calls, one must answer." He was sure Raas would come to call him into service one day, and Reek would comply without waiver. 

"He has guided you back to His flock -- that is what matters!" He motioned back to the grotto's territory behind him with a flick of his muzzle. "Look Seer, a time of blessing is upon us. Life returns to the Grotto." The Daystar's healing did not stop with Reek -- no, the light of Raas commanded the plants to return to life.
☀️
160 Posts
Ooc — Java
he bade her to look around, and truly in her travels she had been single-minded in her return, so she had not seen the signs. now that she had a moment to observe fully, she saw the fresh shoots of green upon the ground, growing like neon stubble. she saw the new growth upon the trees like pale hesitation marks, and let a smile spread across her pointed features.

yes, He has blessed us! the days of our suffering are coming to a close, and she was keen on this, gleeful even, and pressed herself happily against the dark man as if to hug him; it was at this point she noticed the aroma upon him. the smell of the grotto, of the woman from the cave. it surprised her enough to cause the red woman to recoil. this -- this perfume you wear, she lifted her nose and took a sniff to emphasize things, though she need not have. you have taken a wife?
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
The Seer's excitement was short-lived. As she pulled away from their happy, friendly embrace, Kesheph instilled a level of confusion within the grotto's patriarch. His brow furrowed. Had he done something wrong? Nothing seemed to be amiss, nor did Reek realize the sinful nature of his actions with Vuk. The bulk of her scent had been washed away it the lake, yet a subtle remnant remained as a welcome reminder. He was sure once the Seer made comment about it, accentuated by a inquisitive sniff. 

The question was of a personal nature, causing Reek to recoil back himself. "Uh, more or less," he stammered, shrugging. Vuk had picked him when she gave into desire -- in Reek's mind, she was essentially his wife. "The woman from the grotto," he admitted, unaware that he had wallowed in sin. "She has been there for me in my darkest moments, and I her. It's my belief that Raas has brought us together for a purpose."
☀️
160 Posts
Ooc — Java
hosannah's face contorted with disgust, knowing full well who he spoke of. no, she corrected with haste, baring a level of aggression and irritation that had previously been reserved for the others of the grotto; thus far reek had done nothing to warrant it, but perhaps now he had truly committed a crime so foul that she could not trust him. you are their shepherd alongside me; you are a priest. it is not the will of Raas that draws you to such unclean acts. it is not your purpose to take wives, but to find husbands for these women. the lecture was swift and without much explanation, and as hosannah speaks she paces to and fro, and halts before him in the end. i command you - by the will of Raas - that you will cease this foolishness. you will find a true husband for vuk, and i shall cleanse you of her touch. it is the only way. this was a very serious offence, one that she hoped he would understand. her words were vitriol until she spoke of cleansing, at which point she softened, but did not budge an inch physically.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
A priest? How could he be a priest when he knew so little? Of course, Reek devoted his soul to Raas, but it mostly hinged on faith rather than knowledge. He knew little of doctrine -- just the small amount Kesheph had revealed to him before she had set off. The love he felt for Vuk had not felt like sin at the time, nor did it now. It felt pure, true. She was the only wolf to have understood his grief and he felt he shared the same understanding for her. They were two perfectly fitting puzzle pieces, crafted by Raas himself.

Her words, they cut him fast and deep. "Surely, love is not a sin?" He spoke, ears falling back against his skull. It couldn't be, not if it was the Daystar's creation. "If it is His will, I must comply." He felt his heart twist as he spoke. Surely, the Seer must have been misguided -- he would need to pray and consult the Daystar himself.
☀️
160 Posts
Ooc — Java
she loosed a low snarl when she heard his voice again, countering her, refusing her will -- the will of Raas. she spoke and it was His will. she had to remind herself of this, for sometimes it felt as if they were one and the same.

what you feel is not love. you covet her flesh. certain now that her venture south had been wrong, hosannah had convinced herself with this conversation alone that she would never leave again. she would correct this. they would see the light - reek would see his error and be corrected. you do not know His will, for He does not see fit to speak with you.

behind her the nub of her tail lashed; if she had something of more substance, it would be a whip and he would be feeling the lashings of it as she stepped beyond him. you master these wolves, and i communicate His will to all of you. how foolish i am — thinking that you were his chosen. have i been led astray? are you truly one of the heartless, set before me to test my will? she shook her head and continued her long strides away from him. if he kept up they would continue this conversation, but it is clear by the irritation exuded by the seer that reek has erred in a great manner.

this would be fixed. she would cleanse this from him, from the land, from all — and Raas would see her devotion. perhaps then things would become clearer.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Once again, he was verbally accosted. This time, Reek felt a wave of guilt rise in his chest. Who was he to interpret the will of the Daystar? He who knew so little. He had overstepped his bounds as a result of his earthly desires and his pride. His head hung low with shame. The Seer, she was the mouthpiece -- the one who spoke the will of God himself. He sucked his teeth and felt himself a blasphemer.

Though he loved Vuk, not just for her flesh, but the beautiful soul the lived beneath, Reek knew what he must do. But before he could speak, the Seer was walking away. Reek strode after her at a quick pace, hoping to keep up.

"No, no," he spoke, half-pleading. She had not been wrong about him, he would prove it to be so. His devotion to Raas was strong -- and in turn, he was devoted to the Seer. "But, I am no priest... Not yet. I am a student." One day, perhaps he would feel himself worthy. "I am ignorant, but I am devoted to learning. Whatever must be done, I will do. When will the cleansing begin?" He asked, hoping to set himself back on the path.
☀️
160 Posts
Ooc — Java
he was petulant, but contrite, and expressed this in his words; thus hosannah turned to regard him again, but she was stern and solemn in her bearing. he could still be used. she could craft him in to the perfect vessel for the will of Raas and that, perhaps only that, would lead to his redemption. she breathed a slow exhalation from her nose, her teeth clenched, and gave pause to her escape.

i will gather what i must, and we will perform a cleansing ritual. i hope it will be enough. but that was only the first step. this woman - this vuk - she was an obstacle which hosannah could not abide. but she would not mention anything to do with this harlot yet, for the word of God had not been given to hosannah; she knew not what to do when faced with this situation, but would abide what meager teachings she could remember.

it will take me time to gather what i need. once i have, i will meet with you. do not see the woman again, hosannah chided, speaking with a venemous lilt as soon as the topic switched to the heathen woman. your duty is to Raas, and to me. we will discuss her punishment at a later date — but for now, heed my words, and keep clear of her.

she would not admit the blooming jealousy that she felt, for to hosannah it was a foreign thing. she did not doubt her own conviction but felt the seed of her feelings root deep within her heart, and knew that somehow this had to be purged along with his sin. they all must be cleansed, then. it was not her place to feel such things.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Fade this one and have another set after the ritual?

Reek's faith was strong, but he could feel his heart wrench in his chest in protest. He bit his lip and bore the pain, his devotion was for the greater good. Not just for him, but the entire grotto, Vuk included. Raas had granted him many blessings following his conversion, He would not be thanked with a life of sin. This would not bring him glory. If it took Reek seperating himself from the woman he had come to love to ensure a better life for her, then Reek knew that his conviction must remain strong.

With a humble heart, he accepted his fate. "His will be done," he said, pace slowing as his eyes trailed downward.