Moonspear Mad World
Eta
I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Read Only 
The first few days, Althaia had felt shocked, and empty. Fear and uncertainty haunted her, constantly afraid of what would happen to her. Then, guilt, and a anger at herself. Not to mention self-pity and desperately searching for a friend in this place. Someone to make her feel like she wasn't alone. She had met Dash. The male had seemed sympathetic, he had been kind. He cared for her. But an anger had been festering inside of her the last few days, directed at Charon, who would do such a deplorable thing as take a slave as his own. Then it had leached outward, so that she detested almost the whole pack. Now her toughts turned to Dash. If he so cared, why not help her more? Why not do more, campaign for her release if he cared so? Althaia, blinded by her growing anger, did not take into account Dash's loyalty to his pack, and the bonds he had formed with his packmates. She did not take into account some of his words of actions, ignoring them so that she may blame him for her position, or at least partly. It wasn't fair. It had been her decisions and actions that had led her here. Perhaps, a small part of her knew that, but that too was ignored.

The scrawny girl pushed her way out of the den, limping. Her green eyes sought out the moon above, surrounded by the stars and clouds that were naught but blemishes on the perfect sky. Her eyes traced familiar lines between the stars, and as she went she named them in her head. She let her head drop down to the clearing in front of her, noticing the drop that extended down the mountain. Below, she could see forest, barren, but still green speckled the branches. One day, the life would return here. But not soon. Not for many weeks. 

Althaia did not wish to waste away here, on this barren mountain. She would not allow herself to. Weakness was not aloud her, on the mountain that like a spear rent the sky. No. Weakness was detested, weakness would prove her worthlessness to the alpha pair and then she would have no chance to be weak again. She would prove to them, the pair of day and night, that she was not weak. She would prove so to herself. So, she quelled the anger that rose inside her. She stopped it, and instead made a promise. She would be strong. She would prove she was no weak willed creature that simply slumped down and was trodden on. And, when the moon once again reached it's zenith like it was tonight, she would flee. She could not stand to be here forever, and she would not. 

But that would not happen overnight. She would learn to control her emotions, to display strength, to be strong. As she thought this, a fleeting memory surprised the femme. It was a wolf, beautiful, dark, and broken. Her...sister. She had tried to forget the catastrophy that had been her birth pack, but now she remembered. If she were to survive and manage not to get eaten, she would have to be more like them. And so, as she looked at the moon once more, she promised.
looking for caregiver threads! PM me if interested ^-^