Sleeping Dragon unconscious selection
i've lost the word for prayer
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
All Welcome 
@Gluskap or @Dio? I don't think he's met Dio yet, ha.

Even with some greenery coming back to life around the mountain, Gavriel isn’t foolish enough to think it would fix their problems. The new medic can put some things to use if the right things grow nearby but it would take time before the prey began to present themselves. Even still, he’s seen a rabbit or two lingering in a nearby valley but they’ve escaped his grasp before he could get his jaws around it. Now, he simply takes to the borders to bide the time and stops when he comes upon a water source to help satiate his angry stomach. 

Tired and weary, Gavriel diverts his attention back into the pack once he’d made a round or two. The warming of the months have begun and his fur has mostly shed its winter coat, and for that he is thankful. Still, a few tufts of fur show through that he occasionally picks at but in the meantime he carries his tired paws to a shaded area to rest his warm body.
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The sun beat down on the thin frame of the coywolf healer. His long legs carried him in a bounce with each step that he took, showing the true nature of the blood in his body. Glu appeared the most like the coyotes that shared his heritage; their ways were ever present in the way that he maneuvered and the mannerisms that he had taken on. Even Kaliska had been similar; the two siblings had lacked the graces of the wolf, though they carried the genes inside of them. It did not bother Gluska to think that he could appear as anything other than what he was. Though the halfling had been berated once or twice based on his appearances, he had always found a satisfaction in the skills that his body provided.

Trailing the outskirts of the pack for a while, the slender figure caught scent of someone quite unfamiliar. The aroma did belong to the Dragon territory, but it came from a wolf that Gluskap had not yet happened upon. With a squinted gaze, the wispy creature took off at a skipping lope until his sharp gaze caught sight of a formidable appearing creature. The stranger’s pelt looked to be losing tufts in the light of the sun. Glu lifted his tail in greeting and drew his lengthy ears forward atop his skull. “Afternoon,” he purred in a singsong voice.
A meaningful silence is better than meaningless words.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
If I'm unwelcome just ignore me. :P

Hush had kept to himself following his return, more out of shyness and shame than anything else. He knew that those wolves who had noticed his return would be wondering why he had left and come back in such desperate times, and he had no means of answering them. A part of him worried that rumors would grow, but eventually he swallowed that fear and struck out to find his fellow packmates.

He found two meeting in the hills, one scrawny and lean - a coywolf? - and the other shedding. He had met the latter before, but the coywolf was new. He didn't interrupt their conversation, instead he walked forward, getting close to them and sitting down, eyes looking brightly at them both.
Trades:
Guardian (0/10) — Ranger (0/10)
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
The scent of another catches his attention and he turns and, for a second, thinks he’s looking at Hush, if only for the similar features of his face. The longer he’s in his presence, however, he notes the darker fur and a mor confident stature—at least from he’s recalled of the lower ranked male—and shrugs a shoulder when he comes to a stop.

“Hey,” he greets, though the wolf’s name is unknown to him. He knows there’s been a new addition to the ranks but the call had meant little when they’d yet to meet face to face. A new scent distracts him and he turns, searching for the familiar face of the other coywolf as he comes and makes himself comfortable nearby. He nods his head in acknowledgment and glances back to the other. “I’m Gavriel.”
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Another figure appeared – also unfamiliar to the skeletal little coywolf – and he turned to peer at the similarly bred stranger with a sharp twinkle in his eyes. It was the first male who spoke, offering his greetings and a nod of his head, along with the name Gavriel. Indeed, Glu had not met this wolf before, and while he was not a fan of formalities in the least, it was bound to occur when he was so new to the ranks of the Sleeping Dragons. With pointed teeth peeking from beneath his lips, the coywolf flagged his tail once and bobbed his head rather swiftly and awkwardly. “I’m Gluska,” he introduced to the male in a pleasing tenor.

Then, directing his attention to the other wolf who had joined them, he canted his head to the side and peered curiously with citrine eyes. “I don’t believe we’ve met either,” he prodded with a short frown. The other coywolf seemed to have taken a silent state upon arrival… perhaps Gavriel knew him and had been waiting for him to arrive.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Sorry! I was on absence. @Gavriel @Gluskap

He sat, half in their conversation, half out of it. He waited to be brought fully into their introductions before he made any attempt at saying his name. And soon enough it came. The coywolf turned towards him and inquired his name, to which Hush ground his teeth together nervously. He coughed out his name in the strange manner in which he taught himself, hoping that the others could understand him and what the hacking noise meant. He still had a problem with that.
Trades:
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
Even though Gluskap is new to him, seeing the familiar face of Hush is reassuring. Even if he doesn't know much about the other, and likely never will, he's managed to stick around longer with his scent on the borders. His presence is returning among the territory but Gavriel hasn't forgotten the short absence a few weeks into the famine. The last time he'd seen him with Wildfire had been tense and this isn't much different, coupled with an actual introduce on something he knows little about. 

Gluskap introduces himself and then speaks to the other coywolf who struggles to make a sound, though he's not entirely sure what he's trying to accomplish. 

"He won't—" he pauses, glancing toward the silent male— "can't? speak." he tells the other, reminded that Wildfire had spoken up for him. He fleshes an awkward, apologetic smile when it doesn't quite feel right for himself.
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The man who had introduced himself as Gavriel seemed well enough, but it was the other coywolf who seemed to find himself with a bit of trouble finding his tongue. Glu peered at the stranger with an intense curiosity that burned in the yellow of his gaze. The fellow hybrid had made a sort of choking and coughing noise that was supposed to represent his calling. Furrowed brows creased the features of the skeletal healer as he imagined what the spatting could be translated to. Certainly this wolf did not think that it would be an easy feat to guess after having made such a noise.

Thankful for the first wolf, Glu could allow himself to stop the game of guessing. It was confirmed that the other halfling was not able to speak – though it was not determined whether this was by choice or by accident. “How peculiar,” Glu mused aloud with a short flick of his tail tip. “Has he always been like this?” the coywolf then inquired to Gavriel with a fiendish expression. Nothing delighted him more than to know the medical maladies that plagued his fellow pack members.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Hush snorted, more in amusement than in frustration. The fact that he was mute still didn't go well with most of his compatriots, but he shrugged, the situation washing over him. But the coywolf's delighted face accompanied with his inquiery startled, and even frightened him. Hush nodded, confusion slightly contorting his face.
Trades:
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
@Hush: I hope it's okay I just had Gavriel and Thuringwethil talk a bit about him. Will change if not!

Gavriel’s attention on Hush’s inability to speak didn’t last long. He’d gotten the information from Wildfire but moved on quickly enough—at least he thought so—because he’s apart of Drageda. Even longer than he had been, at least when it comes to the mountain, and Thuringwethil had welcomed him not once, but twice, back into their home. His value, maybe a little tarnished, had been proven, and so he offers an encouraging smile anyway, even if it had taken him a little longer to come around.

Gluskap’s interest in the wolf seems odd but he doesn’t push it. He’d spend his life on the battle-lines and the other trades had gone on without him and his curiosity for how things worked never got too far. “His name is Hush,” he says then, having been unable to understand the male—he’d sought out their Heda to ask—and peered toward the small male to make sure it’s okay, still uncomfortable speaking for him. “He’s been here… from the beginning, right?” he asks toward the mute with a hopeful swish of his tail.
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
I'm actually gonna zip Glu outta here. <333

The halfling realized, as Gavriel explained their silent companion, that he knew very little about the wolves of his pack. It would do him well to understand their quirks and capabilities; he would only be as strong as his knowledge was of them. Locking away the information that had been provided, the coywolf nodded his head sagely, appearing to have sympathized with the other half-breed. Instead, he held on to the thought that this wolf could not speak and decided that he would find a way to take advantage of that at a later time. In the meantime, he knew that he was supposed to be busy gathering more herbs for his collection, and so he breathed a quiet and self-dismissive sigh. There had been a question brought up by the vocal brute, and an answer was anticipated, but Gluska would not be bothered by any of it. 

“I do hate to interrupt. It’s been a pleasure talking to both of you,” he spoke with a teasing flash of his gaze toward the mute and a flick of his salmon-colored tongue along his lips, “but I was working on filling my herb caches, so I’ll have to say goodbye.” Flicking the tip of his tail, Glu nodded to both the males and darted away with a mischievous glint in his canary gaze.