Blackfeather Woods We survived a week in the Brotherhood!
A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
All Welcome 
Blissfully unaware of the turmoil within his home and his families ban from leaving what he would someday know as a den, the brown lump known as Vassago was still deaf, blind, and totally helpless at a week and two days old. Still, however, in his squirmings he managed to prod and poke everything within reach of his tiny paws.  Though so far a decently quiet child, he liked to push himself away from where he was, to get away and do what HE wanted. 
Alas, he didn't have the tools motor skills or abilities to move on his own, let alone know where he was going, to see or smell anything. @Burke or @Malice always caught him and took him back to the warmth of a lump, smaller and darker than him, @Pyro. It was a lump he knew well, despite a lack of understanding of everything. One day, the word for him would be brother, but all Vassago knew was that this lump of fur had been with him since... Well... Ever. Right? Such a young soul couldn't exactly remember, or even think about remembering for that matter. But a calm sense of familiarity that washed over him at the presence of his littermate was nice, and so usually he took at least a little while to stay beside him before trying again to go off.
This morning was no different than any other, and the little chestnut ball of fluff that was Vassago was again squirming. He searched for milk, rooting around towards Malice's dark belly fur for a nipple he knew would release the warm fluid he needed for survival. He didn't care if he was doing his best to climb OVER his little brothers neck to get to that milk, eyes sealed shut and little paws reaching out for mother. 
Marked as all welcome but Malice is kind of the one who runs who gets to come in. :3 Thought that despite the boys being potatoes for another week or so, we could have a family thread!
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Everything was going... acceptable so far. The kids, though loud and annoying, were silent when they needed to be (most of the time) and there was enough life in them that Malice was convinced they might make it. Where they would end up though, was more concerning. Perhaps they'd be better off dead if the Dark Brotherhood wanted them. Never would Malice allow them to take her children though. They were rightfully hers and Burke's, not of a bunch of foolish, judgmental fucked up beings. She did notice though that the lighter colored ball of fur was a real adventurer and perhaps the most lively of the brothers. 

Today began with the kicking and squirming of her babies, then followed by the now familiar feeling of them feeding. She lifted her head up to look, only to find the smaller pup gone. Oh my Lucifer, where could it have gone?! Then she noticed the smallest of tails coming from beneath the older son. She sighed in relief, but was not at all happy with this behavior. She gently picked Vassago up and placed him near one of the nipples that was further away from little Pyro, hoping Vassago's reckless actions hadn't awoken the child nor Burke for that matter.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Hope you don't mind me take over a bit of this thread since Vas is basically a potato xD Marie, you can assume Burke went back into the den after the conflict thread and just gave her a bit of a cold shoulder.

Burke did not want to talk about what happened. He had been rather distant towards Malice, which could only go so far when you were trapped in a den. Especially Malice was, seeing that she could not leave until the pups were on solids. Bullshit. How was she going to prove herself then. It made Burke only more grim. The male had been deeply hurt, deep wounds carved into his soul. He already had been distant with sharing what he was feeling and even when he opened up they still called him a traitor and what not. He felt betrayed.

He should have left, but the only reason he stayed was because he didn't want to amuse Kove with the fact that he would leave his 'family' behind again. Plus there was still Kendra. His daughter who had not turned against him, yet also hadn't shown up yet. The male wanted to keep everyone at a distance now, because then they couldn't hurt him. One and a half year of constant work, and how was he treated? Like shit. Burke's eyes opened. He had not really been sleeping, just resting. Sleep could not come to him with such things going through his mind.

He eyed at Malice and how she picked up the bigger pup, revealing the tiny black thing. Burke was skeptical Pyro was even going to make it. Though Malice had enough to endure from the brotherhood. Burke's pale eyes were distant and clearly hurt. Even the sight of his sons couldn't enthuse him. Burke turned his head away and shifted to his other side, half turning his back to Malice, which might give off the wrong impression. He did not hate her, he was just angry at himself, thinking how he could be so stupid to even think that the three he called his own had turned against him. Nemesis was just a stupid minion and Kove was even worse. Burke couldn't believe how he could have been so stupid. A glare came on his face with that thought. The male looked so bitter and conflicted, possibly even making him look older.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Ah how nice it was to be alive... Such a pile of bullshit!

Life for little Pyro was hell. Well, actually it was Vasaggo who brought hell upon him, treating him like a lifeless stump in the ground and using him like a ladder to get to the best teats... That without taking into account that pretty much everything around him was falling to pieces because of his sole conception... Some kids are born to break families apart, and Vasaggo and Pyro were those kids.

The Impish pup did not cry when his brother crawled over him. He would not give him the satisfaction, no. Instead, the small one stayed calm and awaited his milk-producer saviour to come rescue him. Pyro had noticed that she, omnipotent, often dealt with his problems quite easily, and this time she had done so quickly, giving him plenty of space to feed on a teat dedicated just for himself. That was victory.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vassago let out a single wail as he was stripped from the nipple, holding on as firmly as he could, but the warmth hed come from snatched him away. Young as the little one was, he could feel the tension in the den: not that he cared much. Such things were beyond him, for at least another few months. Had he known emotions, he would feel bad for making Pyro's life hell. Later in life, perhaps, he would make up for it all. 
Malice put him at another teat, but he stubbornly refused, turning and seeking out the spot he'd been before. With little senses, however, the little boy ended up pulling himself away from the nest.

Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice was pretty much grounded here, in a den with restless males and their internal struggles. The only one that she could relate to was little Pyro. The small one, yet strong of mind; she could tell, would always await for it to be over. Yes, he was terrorized now and then by his bigger brother, but he didn't squirm- hardly reacted at all. That was something to admire in your own son, Malice thought. 

With bigger and more active Vassago struggling to remain at the spot was not a problem. The small one wasn't strong, not yet, and so it was easy to remove him; even though her nipple became quite soar after the pulling. She felt a shift behind her, the colder back of the older male now partly against hers. Before she could react though, little Vassago was already on the run again. The blind thing crawled in the direction that was aimed at, well, nothing really, but Malice grunted nonetheless. She stretched her neck out to pick up Vassago again,this time placing the pup between her front legs. There, she could watch over him without him running away.

Next, she turned toward Burke. Her struggling face turned to one of guilt, one of sadness. She nosed his neck gently, sniffing in his now familiar scent. Burke... She breathed out in a sigh. She knew partly of how he felt. He wasn't feeling that great, that was obvious, but his pride must be hurting too. Not to mention anger, the same anger that once drove her to kill her mother. He was a wreck now, and he needed someone to fix him up again. And seeing as Malice was the only one there for him now, she felt it was her duty. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke instantly growled when Malice nudged him. He had been in a bad mood for a while now, mostly because he hadn't figured out what to do now. He was staying for a few reasons but he really didn't want to stay. Yet, with this famine he was not going to survive anyhow. The male flattened his ears. Malice was probably the only one who understood him a bit. Yet, if he hadn't been there that fateful day he would still be alpha.

It was not her fault she had been in heat, it had been his own that he had no self control. Burke let out a huff and then turned to her. His eyes briefly falling on the two young first. "I don't want to talk about it," he spoke to her. If it was up to him he was never going to talk about this ever again. His heart bleeding badly. He was certain that Malice was going to betray him too. No one could be trusted. Maybe not even Kendra. Maybe this bastards were keeping her away from him, so she wouldn't be influenced. Burke was just on edge with all that happened. He had not expected that his leadership ended like this.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
I suck at potato-puppy threads so Pyro is just going to sleep now lmao
Feel free to skip me from now on... I will post again if Pyro is directly affected by your posts <3

Pyro felt safe enough now that his troll brother had been removed from his back. He drank the sweet, warm milk from his mother's teat in silence, and drifted off to sleep after his little belly had had enough. It was a good thing that he got enough nourishment this time, for the difference in size from his much larger brother was constantly making itself more noticeable. Pyro tried, but it just seemed he did not have enough potential in him to match his brother's fierce nature.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
It seemed that this new place was suitable for the little potato, or maybe he was just tired again already after his breakaway and fuss. Either way, he wiggled closer into the warmth of his mothers armpit and curled into her, yawning and slipping into sleep without so much as another peep from the boy. Eating more would come later, when he woke up, but for now Pyro was free to do as he wished: little did Vassago know that his brother was also fast asleep with him. 

Dito for me, but I'll be watching. :3